Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Trickmurk] Haunted Cooking Contest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Temmith I hope the double post is ok! I thought it might help with linking different recipes if they were split up.

Name of dish: Sweet Little Ghostlings
Username & ID #: Eialyne 100265
Photograph of dish:
xmsj1s.jpg
Full recipe:

Apparently my unintentional theme for this year's Trickmurk is "things that seem like they'll be tricky but are surprisingly easy." Meringues require a bit of a delicate touch, but so long as you keep an eye on them, they're very straightforward.

With the cute and adorable shape and white coloring, it's easy enough to picture these treats as wee ghosties (or their poo if you share my roommate's sense of humor). If you want to change it up a bit (such as spooky red, green or purple colors), it's easy enough to add a dash of food coloring.

Ingredients
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/8tsp salt
  • 1/2c sugar
  • 1/2tsp vanilla extract
  • Black gel icing pen

Recipe
  1. If possible, stick your mixing bowl (idealy metal) into the freezer about an hour before you plan on making these
  2. Preheat oven to 225F and line a cookie sheet with foil
  3. If you did put it in the freezer, take bowl out and add egg whites and salt. Beat the mix until they form soft peaks (will form peaks when you take mixer out but not hold them for long). I highly recommend you use an electric mixer if you have access to one. While you could technically do this by hand it will take forever and unless you have some crazy mad arm muscles, you'll tire long before you get to peaking.
  4. Add vanilla and then slowly add in sugar and keep beating until the mixture now forms stiff peaks (forms peaks and stays that way)
  5. Without being too rough and mashing it in there, gently spoon the mixture into a pastry bag or plastic baggie with one corner cut off. Pipe dollops of mix onto the cookie sheet about an inch apart. If you can't fit it all onto one sheet, go ahead and prep a second one. You can't let the mix sit around too long without destabilizing so it's all got to go into the oven at once instead of doing batches like you might with cookies or similar (sidenote: the giant "couch" the back two ghosts are sitting on was actually the remnants I scraped from the bowl 'cause I didn't want to waste anything)
  6. Cook for 1 1/2 hours. In order to avoid burning, I recommend cooking for an hour, then check on them every 5-10 minutes. If they start to turn brown on the edges and tips, take them out sooner.
  7. Take out of oven and allow to cool completely. Very gently pry off of foil and move to serving tray (use a thin spatula or dull knife to assist if you're gripping too tightly)
  8. Use the gel frosting pen to doodle faces onto the sides of the meringues
@Temmith I hope the double post is ok! I thought it might help with linking different recipes if they were split up.

Name of dish: Sweet Little Ghostlings
Username & ID #: Eialyne 100265
Photograph of dish:
xmsj1s.jpg
Full recipe:

Apparently my unintentional theme for this year's Trickmurk is "things that seem like they'll be tricky but are surprisingly easy." Meringues require a bit of a delicate touch, but so long as you keep an eye on them, they're very straightforward.

With the cute and adorable shape and white coloring, it's easy enough to picture these treats as wee ghosties (or their poo if you share my roommate's sense of humor). If you want to change it up a bit (such as spooky red, green or purple colors), it's easy enough to add a dash of food coloring.

Ingredients
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/8tsp salt
  • 1/2c sugar
  • 1/2tsp vanilla extract
  • Black gel icing pen

Recipe
  1. If possible, stick your mixing bowl (idealy metal) into the freezer about an hour before you plan on making these
  2. Preheat oven to 225F and line a cookie sheet with foil
  3. If you did put it in the freezer, take bowl out and add egg whites and salt. Beat the mix until they form soft peaks (will form peaks when you take mixer out but not hold them for long). I highly recommend you use an electric mixer if you have access to one. While you could technically do this by hand it will take forever and unless you have some crazy mad arm muscles, you'll tire long before you get to peaking.
  4. Add vanilla and then slowly add in sugar and keep beating until the mixture now forms stiff peaks (forms peaks and stays that way)
  5. Without being too rough and mashing it in there, gently spoon the mixture into a pastry bag or plastic baggie with one corner cut off. Pipe dollops of mix onto the cookie sheet about an inch apart. If you can't fit it all onto one sheet, go ahead and prep a second one. You can't let the mix sit around too long without destabilizing so it's all got to go into the oven at once instead of doing batches like you might with cookies or similar (sidenote: the giant "couch" the back two ghosts are sitting on was actually the remnants I scraped from the bowl 'cause I didn't want to waste anything)
  6. Cook for 1 1/2 hours. In order to avoid burning, I recommend cooking for an hour, then check on them every 5-10 minutes. If they start to turn brown on the edges and tips, take them out sooner.
  7. Take out of oven and allow to cool completely. Very gently pry off of foil and move to serving tray (use a thin spatula or dull knife to assist if you're gripping too tightly)
  8. Use the gel frosting pen to doodle faces onto the sides of the meringues
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
@Eialyne Gnocchi is one of my favorite foods and yours looks delicious!
@Eialyne Gnocchi is one of my favorite foods and yours looks delicious!
1fTWTjV.png
Ah! I am ridiculously please with the turn out thus far! You guys are all amazing~

30 more minutes to submit your recipes!
Ah! I am ridiculously please with the turn out thus far! You guys are all amazing~

30 more minutes to submit your recipes!
RU7fXDq.png
Everyone, you did such a great job!

For those interested in voting for the People's Choice, please head to this form to make your votes! Only 1 vote per ID. FR Players who did not enter a recipe may also vote. :) Good luck to all.

Voting closes at rollover on March 3rd, and prizes for all categories will be given out on March 4th.

@Elyisiuhm @AnyaAnastasia @Moomargh @AberDaKitty @Maudwin @TalksToTyranids @Tyta @Fosterson @Myeengun @Eialyne @Helianthe
Everyone, you did such a great job!

For those interested in voting for the People's Choice, please head to this form to make your votes! Only 1 vote per ID. FR Players who did not enter a recipe may also vote. :) Good luck to all.

Voting closes at rollover on March 3rd, and prizes for all categories will be given out on March 4th.

@Elyisiuhm @AnyaAnastasia @Moomargh @AberDaKitty @Maudwin @TalksToTyranids @Tyta @Fosterson @Myeengun @Eialyne @Helianthe
RU7fXDq.png
I want to eat all of these things o.o
I want to eat all of these things o.o
LXEtbBT.png
@Temmith
Will we be able to see the number of votes each dish got in the poll?
@Temmith
1fTWTjV.png
[quote name="Tyta" date=2017-03-04 11:15:50] @ Temmith Will we be able to see the number of votes each dish got in the poll? [/quote] Ooo, I wouldn't mind seeing that either. Though, it might make some people sad if their dish didn't do well?
Tyta wrote on 2017-03-04:
@ Temmith

Ooo, I wouldn't mind seeing that either.

Though, it might make some people sad if their dish didn't do well?
66ei84J.png
@AberDaKitty @Tyta
I would also be curious!
@AberDaKitty @Tyta
I would also be curious!
DOjF2sA.pngveAGxvx.gif
@Elyisiuhm @AnyaAnastasia @Moomargh @AberDaKitty @Maudwin @TalksToTyranids @Tyta @Fosterson @Myeengun @Eialyne @Helianthe @Temmith, @Fricklefrack, and @Absolmon Good afternoon everyone! Thank you for participating in this year's cooking contest. Prizes will be going out later today. [center][center][img]http://i.imgur.com/q6vsgv4.png[/img] [color=#6600CC][size=4][b]Grand Prize[/b][/size][/color] [b]Tyta's Trickmurk Dark Chocolate Cheesecake with Shadowberry Sauce[/b] Voted on Unanimously by the judges, this was a great dish worthy of Grand Prize! [color=#6600CC][size=4][b]Appetizers/Side Dishes[/b][/size][/color] [b]First Place[/b] - AberDaKitty & Maudwin's Nightrage Axolotl Stuffed Giant Pauper Larvae [b]Second Place[/b] - Myeengun's Menu: Crab Stuffed Mushrooms [b]Third Place[/b] - Helianthe's Menu: Fried Wood Mushrooms [color=#6600CC][size=4][b]Entree[/b][/size][/color] [b]First Place[/b] - Eialyne's Ghoulish Gnocchi [b]Second Place[/b] - Moomargh's Chicken Chow Murk [b]AnyaAnastasia's[/b] Homemade Cheese Pizza [color=#6600CC][size=4][b]Dessert[/b][/size][/color] [b]First Place[/b] - TalksToTyranids' Sour Green Apple Crepes [b]Second Place[/b] - Elyisiuhm's Peanut Butter Runestone Token Cookies [b]Third Place[/b] - Fosterson's Boneyard Bread [b]Honorable Mentions[/b] to Tyta's Cheesy Bramble Twists, Myeengun's Menu: Crabcakes (with optional chicken rice), Eialyne's Sweet Little Ghostlings, and Helianthe's Menu: Dark Blackberry Cheesecake. As previously stated in the rules, you cannot win multiple categories, so in the event that a player had two recipes win a category, the higher category placing was kept. Ie. If you won 1st in one category, and would have placed 3rd in another, your 3rd place win went to the next in line player player. [color=#6600CC][size=4][b]People's Choice[/b][/size][/color] Winner of People's Choice at 19 points, Tyta's Trickmurk Dark Chocolate Cheesecake with Shadowberry Sauce! Points were weighted from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice to simply prevent people from voting for themselves in first. By Request, the points of People's Choice are as follows: [left][LIST] [*]Tyta's Trickmurk Dark Chocolate Cheesecake with Shadowberry Sauce - 19 [*]AberDaKitty & Maudwin's Nightrage Axolotl Stuffed Giant Pauper Larvae - 16 [*]Eialyne's Sweet Little Ghostlings - 14 [*]Eialyne's Ghoulish Gnocchi - 8 [*]Tyta's Cheesy Bramble Twists - 5 [*]Moomargh's Chicken Chow Murk - 4 [*]Myeengun's Menu: Bramble-Berry Tart - 3 [*]TalksToTyranids' Sour Green Apple Crepes - 3 [*]Helianthe's Menu: Fried Wood Mushrooms - 3 [*]Elyisiuhm's Peanut Butter Runestone Token Cookies - 2 [*]AnyaAnastasia's Homemade Cheese Pizza - 1 [/LIST][/left] [img]https://s20.postimg.org/5ozxtq5i5/trickmurk_small_border_1.png[/img][/center]

@Temmith, @Fricklefrack, and @Absolmon

Good afternoon everyone! Thank you for participating in this year's cooking contest. Prizes will be going out later today.
q6vsgv4.png

Grand Prize

Tyta's Trickmurk Dark Chocolate Cheesecake with Shadowberry Sauce

Voted on Unanimously by the judges, this was a great dish worthy of Grand Prize!

Appetizers/Side Dishes

First Place - AberDaKitty & Maudwin's Nightrage Axolotl Stuffed Giant Pauper Larvae
Second Place - Myeengun's Menu: Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Third Place - Helianthe's Menu: Fried Wood Mushrooms

Entree

First Place - Eialyne's Ghoulish Gnocchi
Second Place - Moomargh's Chicken Chow Murk
AnyaAnastasia's Homemade Cheese Pizza

Dessert

First Place - TalksToTyranids' Sour Green Apple Crepes
Second Place - Elyisiuhm's Peanut Butter Runestone Token Cookies
Third Place - Fosterson's Boneyard Bread

Honorable Mentions to Tyta's Cheesy Bramble Twists, Myeengun's Menu: Crabcakes (with optional chicken rice), Eialyne's Sweet Little Ghostlings, and Helianthe's Menu: Dark Blackberry Cheesecake.

As previously stated in the rules, you cannot win multiple categories, so in the event that a player had two recipes win a category, the higher category placing was kept. Ie. If you won 1st in one category, and would have placed 3rd in another, your 3rd place win went to the next in line player player.

People's Choice

Winner of People's Choice at 19 points, Tyta's Trickmurk Dark Chocolate Cheesecake with Shadowberry Sauce!

Points were weighted from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice to simply prevent people from voting for themselves in first. By Request, the points of People's Choice are as follows:

• Tyta's Trickmurk Dark Chocolate Cheesecake with Shadowberry Sauce - 19
  • AberDaKitty & Maudwin's Nightrage Axolotl Stuffed Giant Pauper Larvae - 16
  • Eialyne's Sweet Little Ghostlings - 14
  • Eialyne's Ghoulish Gnocchi - 8
  • Tyta's Cheesy Bramble Twists - 5
  • Moomargh's Chicken Chow Murk - 4
  • Myeengun's Menu: Bramble-Berry Tart - 3
  • TalksToTyranids' Sour Green Apple Crepes - 3
  • Helianthe's Menu: Fried Wood Mushrooms - 3
  • Elyisiuhm's Peanut Butter Runestone Token Cookies - 2
  • AnyaAnastasia's Homemade Cheese Pizza - 1

trickmurk_small_border_1.png