Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Trickmurk] Haunted Cooking Contest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Updated with even more prizes! :D
Updated with even more prizes! :D
RU7fXDq.png
[quote]@Temmith [columns][b]Name of Dish: Username & ID#: Photograph of Dish: Full Recipe:[nextcol]Nightrage Axolotl Stuffed Giant Pauper Larvae AberDaKitty #98153 Maudwin #182489 [img]http://i.imgur.com/4DsPw0r.jpg[/img] [s][i]Totally didn't forget to take this picture before eating almost all of it[/i][/s] Please see below.[/columns][/quote] This was mine and Maudwin's first time cooking eggplant, and my first time eating it. We tried to find items that matched some of the items found in shadow when gathering, and then used them in a modified recipe. As a couple we cook together, so felt that counted as part of our personal cooking style. None of the rules said we could not do a collaborated dish, so we hope this is okay. [center][b]Appetizer or Side[/b] [size=5][b][u]Nightrage Axolotl Stuffed Giant Pauper Larvae[/u][/b][/size] [i](Stuffed Eggplant)[/i] [img]http://i.imgur.com/boDBqWu.png[/img][/center] [b][u]Ingredients[/u][/b] [columns][b]1 3 Tablespoons 1/2 Teaspoon 1/4 Teaspoon 1/2 lb 1 1 3 6 1/2 Cup 1/2 Cup 1 Cup 1 1/4 Cup[/b][nextcol][i]Large Eggplant Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Salt Black Pepper Ground Beef Onion, Diced Small (about 1 cup) Red Bell Pepper, Diced Small (about 1 cup) Cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped White Mushrooms, Diced (about 1 cup) Chopped Fresh Parsley Chopped Fresh Basil Leaves Grated Romano Cheese Egg Bread Crumbs[/i][/columns] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/bQ4CKVp.png[/img][/center] [b][u]Directions[/u][/b] [b]1[/b] Heat oven to 350°F [b]2[/b] Boil The whole uncut eggplant in a large pot of water for 5 minutes or untill the outer skin is soft. Let the eggplant cool for 5 minutes. Cut the eggplant 3/4 of the way through lengthwise and pry open enough to cut each side of the eggplant 3/4 of the way as well. You can now open the eggplant and flatten it out on a cutting board. Carefully slice or scrape the eggplant innards out of the eggplant and set aside. [b]3[/b] Meanwhile, in a medium sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Salt and pepper the beef. Add the seasoned ground beef to the pan, and sauté until the beef begins to brown slightly and drain grease. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, and sauté the onion, pepper, mushroom and garlic together in the oil, chop up the eggplant innards and add to pan and continue to sauté until soft and tender. [b]4[/b] In a bowl, mix together the cooked eggplant, vegetables, beef, herbs, 1 cup of the cheese, 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs and the egg. Fill the eggplant rind with this mixture, then use toothpicks to hold the skin together. [b]5[/b] Brush the outside of the eggplant with a little olive oil. Place on an oiled oven tray or baking dish, and bake for 40-50 minutes. Let cool briefly. slice width-wise and garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/ksIcJx1.png[/img] [i]You might notice, we also had two smaller eggplants. Sadly they did not turn out in the end, at least not picture wise. Taste wise, they where okay. Would recommend just using the larger eggplant. Also learned something else while arming the eggplants for easier hollowing out. They can brown on one side if simply left floating unattended. Whoops![/i] [img]http://i.imgur.com/D9s26B7.png[/img][/center]
Quote:
@Temmith
Name of Dish:
Username & ID#:

Photograph of Dish:

Full Recipe:
Nightrage Axolotl Stuffed Giant Pauper Larvae
AberDaKitty #98153
Maudwin #182489

4DsPw0r.jpg
Totally didn't forget to take this picture before eating almost all of it

Please see below.

This was mine and Maudwin's first time cooking eggplant, and my first time eating it.
We tried to find items that matched some of the items found in shadow when gathering, and then used them in a modified recipe.
As a couple we cook together, so felt that counted as part of our personal cooking style.
None of the rules said we could not do a collaborated dish, so we hope this is okay.

Appetizer or Side

Nightrage Axolotl Stuffed Giant Pauper Larvae
(Stuffed Eggplant)

boDBqWu.png

Ingredients

3 Tablespoons

1/2 Teaspoon

1/4 Teaspoon

1/2 lb

1/2 Cup

1/2 Cup

1 Cup

1/4 Cup
Large Eggplant

Extra-Virgin Olive Oil

Salt

Black Pepper

Ground Beef

Onion, Diced Small (about 1 cup)

Red Bell Pepper, Diced Small (about 1 cup)

Cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped

White Mushrooms, Diced (about 1 cup)

Chopped Fresh Parsley

Chopped Fresh Basil Leaves

Grated Romano Cheese

Egg

Bread Crumbs

bQ4CKVp.png

Directions

1 Heat oven to 350°F

2 Boil The whole uncut eggplant in a large pot of water for 5 minutes or untill the outer skin is soft. Let the eggplant cool for 5 minutes. Cut the eggplant 3/4 of the way through lengthwise and pry open enough to cut each side of the eggplant 3/4 of the way as well. You can now open the eggplant and flatten it out on a cutting board. Carefully slice or scrape the eggplant innards out of the eggplant and set aside.

3 Meanwhile, in a medium sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Salt and pepper the beef. Add the seasoned ground beef to the pan, and sauté until the beef begins to brown slightly and drain grease. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, and sauté the onion, pepper, mushroom and garlic together in the oil, chop up the eggplant innards and add to pan and continue to sauté until soft and tender.

4 In a bowl, mix together the cooked eggplant, vegetables, beef, herbs, 1 cup of the cheese, 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs and the egg. Fill the eggplant rind with this mixture, then use toothpicks to hold the skin together.

5 Brush the outside of the eggplant with a little olive oil. Place on an oiled oven tray or baking dish, and bake for 40-50 minutes. Let cool briefly. slice width-wise and garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley.

ksIcJx1.png
You might notice, we also had two smaller eggplants.
Sadly they did not turn out in the end, at least not picture wise. Taste wise, they where okay.
Would recommend just using the larger eggplant.

Also learned something else while arming the eggplants for easier hollowing out.
They can brown on one side if simply left floating unattended.
Whoops!

D9s26B7.png
66ei84J.png
Name of dish: Sour Green Apple Crepes Username & ID #: TalksToTyranids, #52096 Photograph of dish: [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/bc79727167255dcf055baefee3a3ee74/tumblr_olv9gaDO581vjq7zto1_540.jpg[/img] Full recipe: This recipe calls back to Trickmurk in two ways! One; Sour Green Apples are native to the Shadow lands and can be found foraging. Two; bobbing for apples is a great carnival and party game! Here's how you can make a tasty treat with those hard-earned apples. Crepe Recipe: 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1 egg 1/4 cup milk 1/4 cup water pinch salt 1 tablespoon butter, melted 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Combine butter, milk, water, vanilla, and egg in a medium bowl. Whisk in salt, then flour. The end mixture will be slightly lumpy. Heat a nonstick pan with a tablespoon of butter or oil. I like to use coconut oil personally. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the hot pan and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook one minute, then flip an cook another minute. The resulting crepe should be soft and pliable, not crisp. Sour Apple Filling 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped 1 tablespoon butter 1 teaspoon cinnamon 2 tablespoons brown sugar splash of water, if necessary Chop your Granny Smith apple into 1 inch chunks and throw into a small pan with the butter. Once the butter is melted, add brown sugar and cinnamon and mix. If the brown sugar is too clumpy, use a bit of water to help dissolve the lumps. Cook at medium-high heat, stirring often to avoid burning the sugars. Cook for ten minutes or until apples are cooked through. Fill crepes with apple mixture and roll up. Top with remaining sauce from apples and powdered sugar if desired. Enjoy! @Temmith
Name of dish: Sour Green Apple Crepes
Username & ID #: TalksToTyranids, #52096
Photograph of dish:
tumblr_olv9gaDO581vjq7zto1_540.jpg
Full recipe: This recipe calls back to Trickmurk in two ways! One; Sour Green Apples are native to the Shadow lands and can be found foraging. Two; bobbing for apples is a great carnival and party game! Here's how you can make a tasty treat with those hard-earned apples.

Crepe Recipe:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
pinch salt
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine butter, milk, water, vanilla, and egg in a medium bowl. Whisk in salt, then flour. The end mixture will be slightly lumpy. Heat a nonstick pan with a tablespoon of butter or oil. I like to use coconut oil personally. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the hot pan and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook one minute, then flip an cook another minute. The resulting crepe should be soft and pliable, not crisp.

Sour Apple Filling
1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
splash of water, if necessary

Chop your Granny Smith apple into 1 inch chunks and throw into a small pan with the butter. Once the butter is melted, add brown sugar and cinnamon and mix. If the brown sugar is too clumpy, use a bit of water to help dissolve the lumps. Cook at medium-high heat, stirring often to avoid burning the sugars. Cook for ten minutes or until apples are cooked through.

Fill crepes with apple mixture and roll up. Top with remaining sauce from apples and powdered sugar if desired. Enjoy!

@Temmith
@Temmith [b]Name of dish:[/b] Trickmurk Dark Chocolate Cheesecake with Shadowberry Sauce [b]Username & ID#:[/b] Tyta #235547 [b]Photograph of dish (with username & Id included in photo):[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/G7w3tMX.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/JBFe5H1.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/ht9NUjb.jpg[/img] [b]Full recipe:[/b] [indent] [i]Chocolate Cookie Crust[/i] [LIST] [*]24 oreos [*]1 tablespoon sugar [*]1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted [/LIST] [i]Chocolate Filling[/i] [LIST] [*]9.5 oz bittersweet chocolate (60-70%), chopped [*]4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature [*]1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar [*]1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder [*]4 large eggs [/LIST] [i]Garnishes[/i] [LIST] [*]3/4 cup sugar [*]3/4 cup water [*]3-4 small pine cones, washed and dried [*]Bittersweet chocolate bar [/LIST] [i]Shadowberry Sauce[/i] [LIST] [*]6 oz berries (blackberries, raspberries, etc - your choice! I used blackberries.) [*]Blue food coloring if necessary* [*]1/8 cup water [*]1/4 cup sugar [*]1 tablespoon lemon juice [/LIST] [i]Special Equipment[/i] [LIST] [*]9" springform pan [*]Stand or immersion blender [*]Vegetable peeler [*]Sieve/strainer [/LIST] PROCEDURE [LIST=1] [*][i]Crust.[/i] Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 3-inch-high sides. Crush the cookies in a closed Ziploc bag until finely ground. Empty the bag into a bowl and mix in the sugar and melted butter with a fork. Press the crumb mixture evenly onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake just until set, about 5 minutes. [*][i]Filling.[/i] Using a Pyrex measuring cup or other microwave-safe vessel, microwave the chopped chocolate on LOW until it is just melted, stirring every 30 sec. Blend the softened cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder with a whisk until smooth. Blend in eggs 1 at a time. Pour in the melted chocolate and mix until smooth. Pour filling over crust. Bake at 350 degrees F until center is just set (about 1 hour). Let cool and move to the refrigerator. Chill at least 3 hours, or overnight. [*][i]Shadowberry Sauce.[/i] To a small saucepan over low heat, add the 6 oz berries, sugar, water, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and let it bubble for about 10 minutes, until the berries are softened. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool, then puree it in a blender until smooth. Pour the mixture through a sieve to remove the berry seeds, and store the puree in the refrigerator until ready to use. [*][i]Garnishes.[/i] Put the sugar and water into a small saucepan over low heat and bring to a boil (it will happen quickly!). Let cool, then dip the pinecones into the solution. Sprinkle sugar over the pinecones to make them shimmer, and let dry. Use a vegetable peeler on the edge of a chocolate bar to make the chocolate curls (be careful!). Sprinkle curls over cooled cake, then place pinecones in a pleasing arrangement in the center (remove pinecones before cutting cake!). [/LIST] [/indent] *Even though blackberries look black, the puree turned out red, so I used some blue food coloring to make it dark purple like I imagined it should. :)
@Temmith

Name of dish: Trickmurk Dark Chocolate Cheesecake with Shadowberry Sauce
Username & ID#: Tyta #235547
Photograph of dish (with username & Id included in photo):

G7w3tMX.jpg

JBFe5H1.jpg

ht9NUjb.jpg

Full recipe:

Chocolate Cookie Crust
  • 24 oreos
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
Chocolate Filling
  • 9.5 oz bittersweet chocolate (60-70%), chopped
  • 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 4 large eggs
Garnishes
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 3-4 small pine cones, washed and dried
  • Bittersweet chocolate bar
Shadowberry Sauce
  • 6 oz berries (blackberries, raspberries, etc - your choice! I used blackberries.)
  • Blue food coloring if necessary*
  • 1/8 cup water
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Special Equipment
  • 9" springform pan
  • Stand or immersion blender
  • Vegetable peeler
  • Sieve/strainer

PROCEDURE
  1. Crust. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 3-inch-high sides. Crush the cookies in a closed Ziploc bag until finely ground. Empty the bag into a bowl and mix in the sugar and melted butter with a fork. Press the crumb mixture evenly onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake just until set, about 5 minutes.
  2. Filling. Using a Pyrex measuring cup or other microwave-safe vessel, microwave the chopped chocolate on LOW until it is just melted, stirring every 30 sec. Blend the softened cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder with a whisk until smooth. Blend in eggs 1 at a time. Pour in the melted chocolate and mix until smooth. Pour filling over crust. Bake at 350 degrees F until center is just set (about 1 hour). Let cool and move to the refrigerator. Chill at least 3 hours, or overnight.
  3. Shadowberry Sauce. To a small saucepan over low heat, add the 6 oz berries, sugar, water, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and let it bubble for about 10 minutes, until the berries are softened. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool, then puree it in a blender until smooth. Pour the mixture through a sieve to remove the berry seeds, and store the puree in the refrigerator until ready to use.
  4. Garnishes. Put the sugar and water into a small saucepan over low heat and bring to a boil (it will happen quickly!). Let cool, then dip the pinecones into the solution. Sprinkle sugar over the pinecones to make them shimmer, and let dry. Use a vegetable peeler on the edge of a chocolate bar to make the chocolate curls (be careful!). Sprinkle curls over cooled cake, then place pinecones in a pleasing arrangement in the center (remove pinecones before cutting cake!).

*Even though blackberries look black, the puree turned out red, so I used some blue food coloring to make it dark purple like I imagined it should. :)

1fTWTjV.png
:D Everyone, these are amazing! I'm so pleased with the turnout so far. Let's keep it going!
:D Everyone, these are amazing! I'm so pleased with the turnout so far. Let's keep it going!
RU7fXDq.png
@Temmith [b]Name of dish:[/b] Cheesy Bramble Twists [b]Username & ID#:[/b] Tyta #235547 [b]Photograph of dish (with username & Id included in photo):[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/YbpaR9d.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/0z2jqQC.jpg[/img] [b]Full recipe:[/b] [indent] [i]Bramble Twists[/i] [LIST] [*]1 sheet store-bought frozen puff pastry, thawed [*]3/4 cup Asiago, Parmesan, or other hard salty cheese [*]Needles from 1 branch of rosemary [/LIST] [i]Special Equipment[/i] [LIST] [*] Cutting board or other large, flat work surface [*] Rolling pin [*] Parchment paper [/LIST] PROCEDURE [LIST=1] [*]Preheat oven to 375 F and cover a metal baking sheet with parchment paper. (I forgot this step, and they stuck to the pan fiercely.) [*]Grate 1/4 cup of the cheese very finely onto a work surface like a cutting board. Carefully unfold the puff pastry on top of the cheese. Sprinkle 1/4 cup more cheese on top, and then the rosemary needles. Using a rolling pin, flatten the puff pastry a little - this will also press the cheese and rosemary into the dough. [*] Gently fold the puff pastry in half and cover with the remaining 1/4 cup of grated cheese. Roll out flat, keeping it close to rectangular, until it's about the same thickness it was when you started (from the package). Using a very sharp knife, cut the pastry into strips 1/2 in. (1 cm) wide. [*]For each strip, take the ends and carefully twist it opposite directions. Repeat until it's as twisty as you like, then do the next one, and the next. Lay the twists on the parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, then bake for 15 minute or until they are just beginning to brown. Best eaten within the hour! [/LIST] [/indent]
@Temmith

Name of dish: Cheesy Bramble Twists
Username & ID#: Tyta #235547
Photograph of dish (with username & Id included in photo):

YbpaR9d.jpg

0z2jqQC.jpg

Full recipe:
Bramble Twists
  • 1 sheet store-bought frozen puff pastry, thawed
  • 3/4 cup Asiago, Parmesan, or other hard salty cheese
  • Needles from 1 branch of rosemary
Special Equipment
  • Cutting board or other large, flat work surface
  • Rolling pin
  • Parchment paper

PROCEDURE
  1. Preheat oven to 375 F and cover a metal baking sheet with parchment paper. (I forgot this step, and they stuck to the pan fiercely.)
  2. Grate 1/4 cup of the cheese very finely onto a work surface like a cutting board. Carefully unfold the puff pastry on top of the cheese. Sprinkle 1/4 cup more cheese on top, and then the rosemary needles. Using a rolling pin, flatten the puff pastry a little - this will also press the cheese and rosemary into the dough.
  3. Gently fold the puff pastry in half and cover with the remaining 1/4 cup of grated cheese. Roll out flat, keeping it close to rectangular, until it's about the same thickness it was when you started (from the package). Using a very sharp knife, cut the pastry into strips 1/2 in. (1 cm) wide.
  4. For each strip, take the ends and carefully twist it opposite directions. Repeat until it's as twisty as you like, then do the next one, and the next. Lay the twists on the parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, then bake for 15 minute or until they are just beginning to brown. Best eaten within the hour!
1fTWTjV.png
[b]Name of dish:[/b] Boneyard Bread [b]Username & ID #: [/b]Fosterson #217510[br][br] [center][url=http://imgur.com/EDcV72N][img]http://i.imgur.com/EDcV72N.jpg[/img][/url][/center][br] [quote=Ingredients] 1/2 cup butter 1/4 cup milk 1/4 cup warm water (110F/45C) 3 cups all purpose flour + extra if necessary 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (bread machine yeast okay) 1/2 tsp salt 2 tsp anise seeds 1/4 cup white sugar 2 eggs, beaten 2 tsp orange zest [/quote] [quote=Instructions] Heat the milk and butter together in a medium sauce pan, until the butter melts. Remove from heat and add the warm water. The mixture should remain around 110F/45C. * In a large bowl combine 1 cup of the flour, the yeast, salt, anise seed, and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Beat in the warm milk mixture then add the eggs and orange zest and beat until well combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of flour and continue adding more flour until the dough is soft. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. * Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size. This will take about 1-2 hours. Punch the dough down and shape it into a round loaf. Place dough onto a baking sheet, loosely cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or doubled in size. Cut slashes into the bread to make it resemble a skull, bones, bats, or any other design you like. Bake in a preheated 350F/175C oven for about 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. If you so desire, mix 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon orange zest to make a mild glaze and brush over the surface of the bread while it's still hot. You can also use a thin white icing, to draw designs, or let cool completely and use sprinkles, colored sugar, or candy to decorate. In my case, I had some gummy eyeballs hanging around! *If you have a stand mixer or a bread machine, feel free to combine the starred steps and use your kitchen appliances! [/quote] @Temmith[br]
Name of dish: Boneyard Bread
Username & ID #: Fosterson #217510

EDcV72N.jpg

Ingredients wrote:

1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup warm water (110F/45C)
3 cups all purpose flour + extra if necessary
1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (bread machine yeast okay)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp anise seeds
1/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp orange zest
Instructions wrote:

Heat the milk and butter together in a medium sauce pan, until the butter melts. Remove from heat and add the warm water. The mixture should remain around 110F/45C.

* In a large bowl combine 1 cup of the flour, the yeast, salt, anise seed, and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Beat in the warm milk mixture then add the eggs and orange zest and beat until well combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of flour and continue adding more flour until the dough is soft.

Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. *

Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size. This will take about 1-2 hours. Punch the dough down and shape it into a round loaf. Place dough onto a baking sheet, loosely cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or doubled in size. Cut slashes into the bread to make it resemble a skull, bones, bats, or any other design you like.

Bake in a preheated 350F/175C oven for about 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. If you so desire, mix 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon orange zest to make a mild glaze and brush over the surface of the bread while it's still hot. You can also use a thin white icing, to draw designs, or let cool completely and use sprinkles, colored sugar, or candy to decorate. In my case, I had some gummy eyeballs hanging around!

*If you have a stand mixer or a bread machine, feel free to combine the starred steps and use your kitchen appliances!

@Temmith
jt3PpxV.png
@Temmith (Will update with pictures in just a minute when I upload them!) RECIPES: Knocking out two things with one recipe, my appetizer and main course use the same base crab recipe with just a few tweaks. APPETIZER: Crab-stuffed mushrooms [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/8802134802df28cd2f155cdd8acaaf49/tumblr_olyp0unY0p1t2j1mxo3_540.jpg[/img] [item = Glow Mushroom] [item = Aether Hermit] 8oz crab (the usual small package size) 1.5 c panko (or bread crumbs. I just have much panko on hand!) 1/3 c mayo 1 t Worcestershire sauce 1 t seafood seasoning 2 eggs 1 package of small mushrooms About the Seafood Seasoning: (you could just use Old Bay, but since my boyfriend is allergic to mustard I created my own blend as an alternative.) I used [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/77d08b55e3b3fc67cb13a4d7b0e6a4ff/tumblr_olyv0foKsl1t2j1mxo3_540.jpg[/img] 1 tbs paprika 2 t salt 2 t garlic powder 1/3 t pepper 1 t onion powder 1 t red pepper flakes 1 t oregano 1 t thyme What you do: Preheat your oven to 375 or 400 degrees (hotter if you will be using larger mushrooms, lower for smaller mushroom caps). Mix the crab and the panko together, like this: [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/a5871143baa91a70e74fb1ce9d7584ce/tumblr_olyv0foKsl1t2j1mxo2_540.jpg[/img]. I just used my hands to mix it, so the crab lumps wouldn't get broken up too much by the stirring. In a different bowl, mix the seasoning, mayo, Worcestershire sauce, and eggs. Mix these two bowls together. Wipe off the mushrooms with a damp washcloth to clean them, then remove the stem. (I had been using a knife until I realized if you pinch and twist the stems they come right out!) Fill the mushrooms with crab, and bake for 15 minutes. MAIN COURSE: Crabcakes (with optional chicken rice) (Afraid I forgot to shoot this image with my name next to it, but it's next to my boyfriend's death start waffle maker and uses the same mix as I had copious amounts of in the last picture, so hopefully that's testimony enough to proof of identity. Otherwise, I can just whip up another cake from the still leftover mix and re-shot it. I made a lot of crab mix, after all.) :P [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/01d11ad5825d06fe3d318fb981e544ea/tumblr_olyp0unY0p1t2j1mxo1_540.jpg[/img] [item = Aether Hermit] optional [item = Black Orpington] Once you are done stuffing the mushrooms, you are bound to have some crab left over. Or, maybe you just realized there are no mushrooms anywhere in your life (a tragedy). Good news is, this crab recipe is already perfect for full-sized crabcakes! Heat some oil over medium-high heat on the stove, and shape the crab mixture into two-inch-wide cakes. Cook about 4 minutes on either side, until they are a golden brown, and you’ve got yourself some cakes! I knew I was going to get full off of my stuffed mushrooms, otherwise I would have made some rice to go with it. In the case of making rice, I generally bring two cups of water to a boil, and drop in a chicken bouillon cube to add some flavor. (If you have chicken broth on-hand, you could just use two cups of that instead of water!) Once boiling, I add one cup of rice, reduce heat to simmer, and cook it covered for 20 minutes, until all the water is evaporated. Makes tasty rice enough for two people! DESSERT: Bramble-Berry Tart [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/0d63108679629ed3fdc8446453eea65e/tumblr_olyp0unY0p1t2j1mxo2_540.jpg[/img] [item = blackberry] [item = engineered superberry] 2 c blueberries 3 c blackberries .5 c flour 1 c sugar zest and juice ½ lemon 1 tbs butter frozen tart shell (but if you have a recipe you like feel free to substitute it in!) So, I have a confession here. I am a broke college student who can’t afford to get fresh berries in winter, and a rather frantically busy college student who didn’t have time to make a crust from scratch. It would undoubtedly taste better with these things, but if like me you are busy and broke, this works with frozen tarts and frozen berries! Bake the tart first for 15 minutes at about 400 degrees; I did it for ten minutes uncovered, 5 minutes covered with tinfoil. While it’s baking, toss together the berries, flour, sugar, zest, and juice. [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/ba6447f5c2e63b2774c8b036118def8d/tumblr_olyv0foKsl1t2j1mxo1_540.jpg[/img] Remove the tart from oven, let it cool a bit. When cool, add the fillings: [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/2919477ab474dc01c0fd2ee164983223/tumblr_olyv0foKsl1t2j1mxo5_540.jpg[/img] and then put little pats of butter on the top! Cook for 30 minutes, then huzzah! You have a tart! (If you are using frozen berries, like me, leave it in a bit longer or it will be runny.)
@Temmith

(Will update with pictures in just a minute when I upload them!)

RECIPES:
Knocking out two things with one recipe, my appetizer and main course use the same base crab recipe with just a few tweaks.

APPETIZER: Crab-stuffed mushrooms
tumblr_olyp0unY0p1t2j1mxo3_540.jpg
Glow Mushroom Aether Hermit
8oz crab (the usual small package size)
1.5 c panko (or bread crumbs. I just have much panko on hand!)
1/3 c mayo
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1 t seafood seasoning
2 eggs
1 package of small mushrooms
About the Seafood Seasoning: (you could just use Old Bay, but since my boyfriend is allergic to mustard I created my own blend as an alternative.) I used
tumblr_olyv0foKsl1t2j1mxo3_540.jpg
1 tbs paprika
2 t salt
2 t garlic powder
1/3 t pepper
1 t onion powder
1 t red pepper flakes
1 t oregano
1 t thyme
What you do:
Preheat your oven to 375 or 400 degrees (hotter if you will be using larger mushrooms, lower for smaller mushroom caps). Mix the crab and the panko together, like this:
tumblr_olyv0foKsl1t2j1mxo2_540.jpg.
I just used my hands to mix it, so the crab lumps wouldn't get broken up too much by the stirring. In a different bowl, mix the seasoning, mayo, Worcestershire sauce, and eggs. Mix these two bowls together.
Wipe off the mushrooms with a damp washcloth to clean them, then remove the stem. (I had been using a knife until I realized if you pinch and twist the stems they come right out!) Fill the mushrooms with crab, and bake for 15 minutes.

MAIN COURSE: Crabcakes (with optional chicken rice)
(Afraid I forgot to shoot this image with my name next to it, but it's next to my boyfriend's death start waffle maker and uses the same mix as I had copious amounts of in the last picture, so hopefully that's testimony enough to proof of identity. Otherwise, I can just whip up another cake from the still leftover mix and re-shot it. I made a lot of crab mix, after all.) :P
tumblr_olyp0unY0p1t2j1mxo1_540.jpg
Aether Hermit optional Black Orpington
Once you are done stuffing the mushrooms, you are bound to have some crab left over. Or, maybe you just realized there are no mushrooms anywhere in your life (a tragedy). Good news is, this crab recipe is already perfect for full-sized crabcakes! Heat some oil over medium-high heat on the stove, and shape the crab mixture into two-inch-wide cakes. Cook about 4 minutes on either side, until they are a golden brown, and you’ve got yourself some cakes!

I knew I was going to get full off of my stuffed mushrooms, otherwise I would have made some rice to go with it. In the case of making rice, I generally bring two cups of water to a boil, and drop in a chicken bouillon cube to add some flavor. (If you have chicken broth on-hand, you could just use two cups of that instead of water!) Once boiling, I add one cup of rice, reduce heat to simmer, and cook it covered for 20 minutes, until all the water is evaporated. Makes tasty rice enough for two people!

DESSERT: Bramble-Berry Tart
tumblr_olyp0unY0p1t2j1mxo2_540.jpg
Blackberry Engineered Superberry
2 c blueberries
3 c blackberries
.5 c flour
1 c sugar
zest and juice ½ lemon
1 tbs butter
frozen tart shell (but if you have a recipe you like feel free to substitute it in!)

So, I have a confession here. I am a broke college student who can’t afford to get fresh berries in winter, and a rather frantically busy college student who didn’t have time to make a crust from scratch. It would undoubtedly taste better with these things, but if like me you are busy and broke, this works with frozen tarts and frozen berries!
Bake the tart first for 15 minutes at about 400 degrees; I did it for ten minutes uncovered, 5 minutes covered with tinfoil.
While it’s baking, toss together the berries, flour, sugar, zest, and juice.
tumblr_olyv0foKsl1t2j1mxo1_540.jpg
Remove the tart from oven, let it cool a bit. When cool, add the fillings:
tumblr_olyv0foKsl1t2j1mxo5_540.jpg
and then put little pats of butter on the top!
Cook for 30 minutes, then huzzah! You have a tart! (If you are using frozen berries, like me, leave it in a bit longer or it will be runny.)
DOjF2sA.pngveAGxvx.gif
@Temmith

Name of dish: Ghoulish Gnocchi
Username & ID #: Eialyne 100265
Photograph of dish:
35k7d09.jpg
Full recipe:

Did you know that Gnocchi is actualy crazy simple to make? Like, seriously. I mean of course there's ways for it to go wrong, but it never fails to amaze me how straightforward the process is

This particular Gnocchi dish is smothered with a delicious mushroom "sauce" that gets tastier the longer you let it sit. So if it's left behind in a haunted house for years it should taste fantastic by the time someone gets along to exploring it! (Ok maybe not that long)

Ingredients
  • 1 lb potatoes (for the love of the Shadowbinder, PLEASE use regular large potatoes and not a bunch of fingerling potatoes like I did! I regretted that decision quickly)
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1c flour
  • lemon pepper
  • paprika
  • salt
  • Parmesan cheese (optional)
  • 1/2 lb of your favorite assortment of mushrooms (I used baby bella, button and oyster for this batch)
  • 1/2c olive oil
  • 1/4 large onion
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1/4c balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4c Worcestershire sauce
  • Italian seasoning

Recipie
  1. Cook potatoes the way you best see fit to get them soft and fluffy. If you don't like to use the long method of cooking them in the oven, look into investing in (or making!) a potato bag to cook them in the microwave (seriously I rolled my eyes when my mom made one for me but now I love it)
  2. Once potatoes are cool (I cannot stress this part enough; hot potatoes are painful to handle) slice them in half and scoop out the fluffy bits. The goal is to get out as much as possible, leaving behind the somewhat hard parts on the edges and the skin. If a little gets into the mix it's not the end of the world but will make rolling the dough a bit obnoxious.
  3. Mash potatoes together with egg yolk and lemon pepper, paprika and salt to taste.
  4. Once well mixed, start sprinkling in the flour a little bit at a time until you end up with a dough that has a firm but soft texture. I recommend using your hands here if you don't mind getting a bit dirty; it's easier to determine the texture of the dough this way.
  5. Break off golf-ball sized portions of the dough and roll them out on a floured surface. When about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, slice the dough into about 1 inch long pieces. Press the tines of a fork against each piece to create indents, and toss onto a floured tray until you're ready to cook the gnocchi. If you don't like the sharp corners of simply slicing the dough, feel free to roll each piece in your hand to round them off a bit. You can see I did a mix of both.
  6. It's highly advisable to start boiling a large pot of water at this point so you don't have to do it later
  7. Slice up your assorted mushrooms and toss them into a pan along wit the oils.
  8. While these are sauteeing, chop the onion and mince the garlic. Add these and the italian seasoning to the pan and sautee for about another 3 minutes
  9. Add the balsamic and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for about 15 minutes, making sure to stir frequently to avoid burning. You want the end result to look almost syrupy.
  10. Make sure your pot of water is boiling and ready to go. If you didn't listen to me several steps ago, put a pot of water on to boil now. Dump the gnocchi that was set to the side in. It's ok if some of the flour from the tray gets in but try not to dump it ALL in if you don't want to clean up a globby mess later.
  11. Don't wander off and keep an eye on the pot. The gnocchi will sink to the bottom, but within a few minutes they'll start floating to the top of the water. Scoop them out with a slotted spoon as they do so and toss into your serving bowl.
  12. Top gnocchi with mushroom mixture and Parmesan cheese if you wish. Now, the last trick to the dish is DO NOT EAT RIGHT AWAY! The gnocchi tastes so much better when it's had a chance to absorb the sauce from the mushroom mix. The longer it sits, the tastier it will be (which is why when I made the dish the initial few bites were kinda meh, but about halfway through the bowl it became amazing!)
@Temmith

Name of dish: Ghoulish Gnocchi
Username & ID #: Eialyne 100265
Photograph of dish:
35k7d09.jpg
Full recipe:

Did you know that Gnocchi is actualy crazy simple to make? Like, seriously. I mean of course there's ways for it to go wrong, but it never fails to amaze me how straightforward the process is

This particular Gnocchi dish is smothered with a delicious mushroom "sauce" that gets tastier the longer you let it sit. So if it's left behind in a haunted house for years it should taste fantastic by the time someone gets along to exploring it! (Ok maybe not that long)

Ingredients
  • 1 lb potatoes (for the love of the Shadowbinder, PLEASE use regular large potatoes and not a bunch of fingerling potatoes like I did! I regretted that decision quickly)
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1c flour
  • lemon pepper
  • paprika
  • salt
  • Parmesan cheese (optional)
  • 1/2 lb of your favorite assortment of mushrooms (I used baby bella, button and oyster for this batch)
  • 1/2c olive oil
  • 1/4 large onion
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1/4c balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4c Worcestershire sauce
  • Italian seasoning

Recipie
  1. Cook potatoes the way you best see fit to get them soft and fluffy. If you don't like to use the long method of cooking them in the oven, look into investing in (or making!) a potato bag to cook them in the microwave (seriously I rolled my eyes when my mom made one for me but now I love it)
  2. Once potatoes are cool (I cannot stress this part enough; hot potatoes are painful to handle) slice them in half and scoop out the fluffy bits. The goal is to get out as much as possible, leaving behind the somewhat hard parts on the edges and the skin. If a little gets into the mix it's not the end of the world but will make rolling the dough a bit obnoxious.
  3. Mash potatoes together with egg yolk and lemon pepper, paprika and salt to taste.
  4. Once well mixed, start sprinkling in the flour a little bit at a time until you end up with a dough that has a firm but soft texture. I recommend using your hands here if you don't mind getting a bit dirty; it's easier to determine the texture of the dough this way.
  5. Break off golf-ball sized portions of the dough and roll them out on a floured surface. When about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, slice the dough into about 1 inch long pieces. Press the tines of a fork against each piece to create indents, and toss onto a floured tray until you're ready to cook the gnocchi. If you don't like the sharp corners of simply slicing the dough, feel free to roll each piece in your hand to round them off a bit. You can see I did a mix of both.
  6. It's highly advisable to start boiling a large pot of water at this point so you don't have to do it later
  7. Slice up your assorted mushrooms and toss them into a pan along wit the oils.
  8. While these are sauteeing, chop the onion and mince the garlic. Add these and the italian seasoning to the pan and sautee for about another 3 minutes
  9. Add the balsamic and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for about 15 minutes, making sure to stir frequently to avoid burning. You want the end result to look almost syrupy.
  10. Make sure your pot of water is boiling and ready to go. If you didn't listen to me several steps ago, put a pot of water on to boil now. Dump the gnocchi that was set to the side in. It's ok if some of the flour from the tray gets in but try not to dump it ALL in if you don't want to clean up a globby mess later.
  11. Don't wander off and keep an eye on the pot. The gnocchi will sink to the bottom, but within a few minutes they'll start floating to the top of the water. Scoop them out with a slotted spoon as they do so and toss into your serving bowl.
  12. Top gnocchi with mushroom mixture and Parmesan cheese if you wish. Now, the last trick to the dish is DO NOT EAT RIGHT AWAY! The gnocchi tastes so much better when it's had a chance to absorb the sauce from the mushroom mix. The longer it sits, the tastier it will be (which is why when I made the dish the initial few bites were kinda meh, but about halfway through the bowl it became amazing!)
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
[i]@Temmith[/i] meet my 3 course meal of Shadow :3 [center]----- [img]http://i.imgur.com/N8ByLWD.png[/img] ----- [img]http://i.imgur.com/k4G3hoy.jpg[/img] Fried Woods Mushrooms Helianthe (#144517) Full recipe:[/center] 10 ounces fresh white mushrooms, wiped clean 1 cup flour 1⁄2 cup cornstarch 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder 1⁄4 teaspoon salt 1 cup water 2 cups breadcrumbs (Panko if you can find them) It's pretty straight forward: [LIST=1] [*]Mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a bowl. [*]Add water to make a batter. [*]Dip clean mushroom into batter letting excess batter drip off. [*]I find it easier to stick a toothpick into the mushroom to dip it. [*]After dipping into batter roll in Panko breadcrumbs to coat. [*]Deep fry in oil until golden. [/LIST] [center]----- [img]http://i.imgur.com/N8ByLWD.png[/img] ----- [img]http://i.imgur.com/sPtv1ty.jpg[/img] Midnight Pasta Helianthe (#144517) Full recipe:[/center] [LIST] [*]1 package pasta [*]12 oz mushrooms [*]1/2 cup marsala wine(completely optional, I just enjoy the taste) [*]2 cloves garlic [*]3 tablespoons olive oil [*]salt and pepper to taste [/LIST] This is the easiest: [LIST=1] [*]Pour water into a pot and let it boil [*]Put the pasta in the pot and cook to preference [*]Drain the pasta [*]In a separate pot/pan add the mushrooms (cut), the marsala wine, garlic, and olive oil. Mix and cook down. Add salt and pepper to taste. [*]Add the pasta and mix [*]Enjoy! [/LIST] [center]----- [img]http://i.imgur.com/N8ByLWD.png[/img] ----- [img]http://i.imgur.com/U5TquQn.jpg[/img] Dark Blackberry Cheesecake Helianthe (#144517) Full recipe:[/center] Crust: [LIST] [*]1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs [*]6 tablespoons butter, melted [*]1/3 cup sugar [*]1/4 teaspoon salt [/LIST] Filling: [LIST] [*]3 (8-ounce) packages Neufchatel cheese [*]4 eggs [*]3/4 cup sugar [*]1 teaspoon vanilla extract [*]1/2 teaspoon almond extract [*]1 cup Blackberry Sauce (see below) [*]3/4 cup light sour cream [/LIST] Also Pretty Straightforward: [LIST=1] [*]Preheat oven to 300F. Wrap the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with foil. [*]To prepare crust, combine all ingredients. Press into springform pan. [*]To prepare filling, beat Neufchatel cheese; add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add sugar, vanilla and almond extract, beating well. Pour filling into crust. Dollop spoonfuls of Blackberry Sauce and sour cream onto filling. Swirl gently with a knife. [*]Place pan in a larger baking dish with 2-inch sides. Pour water into baking dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place in oven and bake 1 hour. Turn off oven, open oven door slightly and let cake cool in oven 1 hour. Place in refrigerator to chill 4 hours or overnight. [/LIST] To make the Blackberry Sauce: Ingredients [LIST] [*]2 (12-ounce) package frozen blackberries [*]1/3 cup sugar [*]1/3 cup water [*]2 tablespoons cornstarch [/LIST] To Make: [LIST=1] [*]Set aside 2 cups frozen blackberries. [*]Combine remaining berries, sugar and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and berries are thawed, about 5 minutes. Combine remaining water with cornstarch; stir until dissolved. Add back to saucepan and cook until sauce has thickened, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and add reserved berries, stirring gently. Makes about 2 1/2 cups. [/LIST] [center]----- [img]http://i.imgur.com/N8ByLWD.png[/img] -----[/center]
@Temmith meet my 3 course meal of Shadow :3

N8ByLWD.png

k4G3hoy.jpg

Fried Woods Mushrooms
Helianthe (#144517)
Full recipe:

10 ounces fresh white mushrooms, wiped clean
1 cup flour
1⁄2 cup cornstarch
3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
2 cups breadcrumbs (Panko if you can find them)

It's pretty straight forward:
  1. Mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
  2. Add water to make a batter.
  3. Dip clean mushroom into batter letting excess batter drip off.
  4. I find it easier to stick a toothpick into the mushroom to dip it.
  5. After dipping into batter roll in Panko breadcrumbs to coat.
  6. Deep fry in oil until golden.

N8ByLWD.png

sPtv1ty.jpg

Midnight Pasta
Helianthe (#144517)
Full recipe:
  • 1 package pasta
  • 12 oz mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup marsala wine(completely optional, I just enjoy the taste)
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste

This is the easiest:
  1. Pour water into a pot and let it boil
  2. Put the pasta in the pot and cook to preference
  3. Drain the pasta
  4. In a separate pot/pan add the mushrooms (cut), the marsala wine, garlic, and olive oil. Mix and cook down. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Add the pasta and mix
  6. Enjoy!

N8ByLWD.png

U5TquQn.jpg

Dark Blackberry Cheesecake
Helianthe (#144517)
Full recipe:

Crust:
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Filling:
  • 3 (8-ounce) packages Neufchatel cheese
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 cup Blackberry Sauce (see below)
  • 3/4 cup light sour cream

Also Pretty Straightforward:
  1. Preheat oven to 300F. Wrap the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with foil.
  2. To prepare crust, combine all ingredients. Press into springform pan.
  3. To prepare filling, beat Neufchatel cheese; add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add sugar, vanilla and almond extract, beating well. Pour filling into crust. Dollop spoonfuls of Blackberry Sauce and sour cream onto filling. Swirl gently with a knife.
  4. Place pan in a larger baking dish with 2-inch sides. Pour water into baking dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place in oven and bake 1 hour. Turn off oven, open oven door slightly and let cake cool in oven 1 hour. Place in refrigerator to chill 4 hours or overnight.

To make the Blackberry Sauce:

Ingredients
  • 2 (12-ounce) package frozen blackberries
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch

To Make:
  1. Set aside 2 cups frozen blackberries.
  2. Combine remaining berries, sugar and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and berries are thawed, about 5 minutes. Combine remaining water with cornstarch; stir until dissolved. Add back to saucepan and cook until sauce has thickened, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and add reserved berries, stirring gently. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.

N8ByLWD.png
VE5UCDSz7jPciSXi.gif ||
||
||
||
Clan Helianthe
She/Her || +2 FR Time || Wind || Lore Lair || #144517

Perpetually busy insomiac in love with D&D, ARPGs & Dragons
Screaming over there is my constant mood, Helios
1 2 3 4 5 6 7