Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Train Your Dragon, By Duke
1 2 ... 304 305 306 307 308 ... 471 472
@styxqueen

Are you following a step-by-step guide for using the Mire Flyer build? It's a very specific procedure. You can actually watch someone using the build on Youtube - it's a bit old at this point, but the strategy is still the same.
@styxqueen

Are you following a step-by-step guide for using the Mire Flyer build? It's a very specific procedure. You can actually watch someone using the build on Youtube - it's a bit old at this point, but the strategy is still the same.
Just wanted to say, I love your guide so much! It's been helping me a lot! Already at level nine sweeping all the enemies. c:

Thank you for such a wonderful guide.
Just wanted to say, I love your guide so much! It's been helping me a lot! Already at level nine sweeping all the enemies. c:

Thank you for such a wonderful guide.
thankyu for this helpful guide :D
thankyu for this helpful guide :D
2jctt91.jpg
@starii yes I did it exactly like I was supposed to. I feel like I am not getting as many hits as I should. With my qck up to where it is supposed to be I am only getting two hits in and then only one.
@starii yes I did it exactly like I was supposed to. I feel like I am not getting as many hits as I should. With my qck up to where it is supposed to be I am only getting two hits in and then only one.
@starii never mind it is working more now. My friend helped me figure it out. Thanks so much for getting back to me!
@starii never mind it is working more now. My friend helped me figure it out. Thanks so much for getting back to me!
@Styxqueen

Yeah, that sounds about right. With rallied eliminate that's taking down an enemy each turn once you've built breath up.

Personally, I tried the mire flyer build and strategy and found out within seconds that I hated it. Some people argue that it's quicker but I feel like it's slower? Maybe some people can get 2 dragons to level 8 in about 7 to 8 minutes, but I sure can't. I can, however, get 1 dragon to 8 in about 10 minutes or so with a similar, but slightly altered, build on 2 dragons training exalt fodder in the mire, so that's what I do. I do the mire instead of kelp beds because there are less physical attackers so I seldom die - rarely even take damage.

Edit: Glad it's working better for you now! Maybe you can give me their pointers on what was going wrong, I was probably doing the same thing heh.
@Styxqueen

Yeah, that sounds about right. With rallied eliminate that's taking down an enemy each turn once you've built breath up.

Personally, I tried the mire flyer build and strategy and found out within seconds that I hated it. Some people argue that it's quicker but I feel like it's slower? Maybe some people can get 2 dragons to level 8 in about 7 to 8 minutes, but I sure can't. I can, however, get 1 dragon to 8 in about 10 minutes or so with a similar, but slightly altered, build on 2 dragons training exalt fodder in the mire, so that's what I do. I do the mire instead of kelp beds because there are less physical attackers so I seldom die - rarely even take damage.

Edit: Glad it's working better for you now! Maybe you can give me their pointers on what was going wrong, I was probably doing the same thing heh.
@starii @Styxqueen
The Mire Flyer method is, on average, faster than training 1 with two "mentors." But it's only a bit faster, and it does require a lot of restarting the venue, both at first in order to get a good starting mob (ideally, 2 meditate enemies), and occasionally mid-battle after a couple of dodges or a bad critical hit. It doesn't get less frustrating the more you use it - so which method is best for you, depends on what you enjoy more.

The Mire Flyer method was created for dominance battles, as a way to cram the most possible level 5-7 trainees into an hour for exalting purposes. If you're not regularly doing the Mad Rush Dom Push, there's no need for the Flyer method if you don't like it. It's faster - but we're talking, on average, 2-4 minutes per level 7 dragon. If you're training and exalting 30 of them (or 150 of them), that adds up; if you're doing no more than 4-10 exaltees on a given day, you might as well look for the method that you find most pleasant. If you're doing several dozen, you might decide to put up with the frustrations... or not, if you have the time to spare.

Some do trainees in the Roost, where the loot drops are better (the Mire really is the worst of the high-end venues for loot), or Boreal Wood, where the XP is much, much lower but the chance of needing to reload is also much lower.

(Flyer method is faster, even with all the restarts calculated in. But even when it goes perfectly - you build up breath without taking any damage; you don't get any dodges - it's annoying because you hit exaltable levels just as everything starts to go smoothly and then "whaddaya mean, I'm done now?" And then you start over, and hope for a good starting mob. Bleh.)
@starii @Styxqueen
The Mire Flyer method is, on average, faster than training 1 with two "mentors." But it's only a bit faster, and it does require a lot of restarting the venue, both at first in order to get a good starting mob (ideally, 2 meditate enemies), and occasionally mid-battle after a couple of dodges or a bad critical hit. It doesn't get less frustrating the more you use it - so which method is best for you, depends on what you enjoy more.

The Mire Flyer method was created for dominance battles, as a way to cram the most possible level 5-7 trainees into an hour for exalting purposes. If you're not regularly doing the Mad Rush Dom Push, there's no need for the Flyer method if you don't like it. It's faster - but we're talking, on average, 2-4 minutes per level 7 dragon. If you're training and exalting 30 of them (or 150 of them), that adds up; if you're doing no more than 4-10 exaltees on a given day, you might as well look for the method that you find most pleasant. If you're doing several dozen, you might decide to put up with the frustrations... or not, if you have the time to spare.

Some do trainees in the Roost, where the loot drops are better (the Mire really is the worst of the high-end venues for loot), or Boreal Wood, where the XP is much, much lower but the chance of needing to reload is also much lower.

(Flyer method is faster, even with all the restarts calculated in. But even when it goes perfectly - you build up breath without taking any damage; you don't get any dodges - it's annoying because you hit exaltable levels just as everything starts to go smoothly and then "whaddaya mean, I'm done now?" And then you start over, and hope for a good starting mob. Bleh.)
dragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
@ErisLordFreedom

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you for that!
@ErisLordFreedom

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you for that!
@Culex I'm not sure if you care about the hybrid frags, but for what it's worth I've gotten a glass hybrid stone from the vents.
@Culex I'm not sure if you care about the hybrid frags, but for what it's worth I've gotten a glass hybrid stone from the vents.
@Culex
I have a level 10 and 2 level 1's in the training field and neither of my level 1's are gaining any experience. Am I doing something wrong?
@Culex
I have a level 10 and 2 level 1's in the training field and neither of my level 1's are gaining any experience. Am I doing something wrong?
1 2 ... 304 305 306 307 308 ... 471 472