Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | overweight...
1 2 3 4
this is a vent topic, sorry if that bothers anyone. not looking for pity, just need somewhere to get this

today I was looking and the mirror and I realized something really hurtful: i'm overweight now.
only last year I had a perfect slim body but now I'm slightly overweight... my hips are lardy and covered in a few stretch marks and my stomach pokes out a bit and I feel horrible about it.

I've been trying to lose weight but it's so difficult when school takes up so much time. waking up at 6:00 and getting home at 4:00 is very difficult to get proper exercise afterward. The worst part about that is I'm sitting around for like an entire day. I can't exercise after school because my family won't drive me to the gym.

I've been trying to take my dog for long walks but I have to watch my little sister after school so I can't even do that. I'm so frustrated about this. Why did I let my body get so disgusting? I only eat 1-2 meals a day, and I know my proportions. idk maybe i'll dig around for ritalin in my cabinents because.. I'm just so upset with my current body and I really want to change...
I don't want to be thin because of beauty expectations. I don't wear makeup or care for my looks at all for that matter. I'm just disgusted and uncomfortable with my body being overweight.
this is a vent topic, sorry if that bothers anyone. not looking for pity, just need somewhere to get this

today I was looking and the mirror and I realized something really hurtful: i'm overweight now.
only last year I had a perfect slim body but now I'm slightly overweight... my hips are lardy and covered in a few stretch marks and my stomach pokes out a bit and I feel horrible about it.

I've been trying to lose weight but it's so difficult when school takes up so much time. waking up at 6:00 and getting home at 4:00 is very difficult to get proper exercise afterward. The worst part about that is I'm sitting around for like an entire day. I can't exercise after school because my family won't drive me to the gym.

I've been trying to take my dog for long walks but I have to watch my little sister after school so I can't even do that. I'm so frustrated about this. Why did I let my body get so disgusting? I only eat 1-2 meals a day, and I know my proportions. idk maybe i'll dig around for ritalin in my cabinents because.. I'm just so upset with my current body and I really want to change...
I don't want to be thin because of beauty expectations. I don't wear makeup or care for my looks at all for that matter. I'm just disgusted and uncomfortable with my body being overweight.
Don't beat yourself up to muh over it. You're only human.

There's nothing wrong with being upset about not having the body you want, but we're all to hard and critical when it comes to ourselves. Don't stress, live your life, stick to fruit, veggies, some good carbs and protein and get moving when you can. If and when you can't it's cool, life gets in the way, but that's fine, it's part of living.
Take a deep breath and don't worry yourself to much over it, school, your sister, or whatever comes up.
That's how I'm doing it.
"Stress makes us store calories because our bodies think the starving times are coming."
Don't beat yourself up to muh over it. You're only human.

There's nothing wrong with being upset about not having the body you want, but we're all to hard and critical when it comes to ourselves. Don't stress, live your life, stick to fruit, veggies, some good carbs and protein and get moving when you can. If and when you can't it's cool, life gets in the way, but that's fine, it's part of living.
Take a deep breath and don't worry yourself to much over it, school, your sister, or whatever comes up.
That's how I'm doing it.
"Stress makes us store calories because our bodies think the starving times are coming."
@OffensiveTitles

At that mark its only small changes you need to do , for example drink more water and skip all soda , specially diet sodas and with anything that claims to be low fat or diet. Low fat stuff usually contains more sugar additive , pure sugar or "worse" and diet has the fake sugar that actually makes you gain weight . Do not drink juices as they contain almost the same sugar as cola << . So just drink pure water . And all energy drinks are a no no , get coffeen ***** from the pharmacy if you need a boost.

Portion control is always good to have, meat you should always have at the same size as your palm . More veggies and do not eat to much potatoes . But honestly there is nothing you should skip eating , just as long as you do not over eat .

But if you are just at the pudgy phase , just changing your drinking habit and avoiding low fat stuff and DIET stuff is enough for you .
@OffensiveTitles

At that mark its only small changes you need to do , for example drink more water and skip all soda , specially diet sodas and with anything that claims to be low fat or diet. Low fat stuff usually contains more sugar additive , pure sugar or "worse" and diet has the fake sugar that actually makes you gain weight . Do not drink juices as they contain almost the same sugar as cola << . So just drink pure water . And all energy drinks are a no no , get coffeen ***** from the pharmacy if you need a boost.

Portion control is always good to have, meat you should always have at the same size as your palm . More veggies and do not eat to much potatoes . But honestly there is nothing you should skip eating , just as long as you do not over eat .

But if you are just at the pudgy phase , just changing your drinking habit and avoiding low fat stuff and DIET stuff is enough for you .
BVUXJUX.pngMdNvQU7.png
@OffensiveTitles Take this from the guy with a six pack - that is no way to treat your body, dude! It allows you to live. It's time to stop calling it disgusting and time to stop starving it. Take CARE of it, and it will take care of you - abandon it, and it will eventually abandon you back. Trust me, you don't want to know how many health problems I got from doing what you're doing right now. Don't even think about the ritalin.

I don't know how old you are, but if you're not old enough to have a driver's license, you're not old enough to skip meals when you're hungry. I'm not joking when I say that you can damage your brain development. Check out the IQ measurements of Industrial countries vs poor, starvation-stricken areas of developing countries. Slave owners used to starve kids for this reason. Don't do that to yourself. Sure, you're not a porcelain doll and missing the occasional meal won't kill you, but if you are hungry, then eat something until you're NOT hungry. And then stop eating. This alone is going to help.

Here's what I suggest. Hop over to Amazon and buy a book on calisthenics. That will allow you to work out from home without equipment. Convict Conditioning is great, but there are other books that will help you get the physique you want. Start eating properly again, because you will need that energy to exercise. You'll actually burn fat faster if your body is not starving.

As for your diet, quit the sugary stuff. That includes 'hidden' sugars, like you'll find in most commercial breads, potato chips, and stuff that includes corn syrup. Read the labels of the food you purchase and ask your parents to bring you base ingredients to bake at home if you can't find anything in the supermarket.
@OffensiveTitles Take this from the guy with a six pack - that is no way to treat your body, dude! It allows you to live. It's time to stop calling it disgusting and time to stop starving it. Take CARE of it, and it will take care of you - abandon it, and it will eventually abandon you back. Trust me, you don't want to know how many health problems I got from doing what you're doing right now. Don't even think about the ritalin.

I don't know how old you are, but if you're not old enough to have a driver's license, you're not old enough to skip meals when you're hungry. I'm not joking when I say that you can damage your brain development. Check out the IQ measurements of Industrial countries vs poor, starvation-stricken areas of developing countries. Slave owners used to starve kids for this reason. Don't do that to yourself. Sure, you're not a porcelain doll and missing the occasional meal won't kill you, but if you are hungry, then eat something until you're NOT hungry. And then stop eating. This alone is going to help.

Here's what I suggest. Hop over to Amazon and buy a book on calisthenics. That will allow you to work out from home without equipment. Convict Conditioning is great, but there are other books that will help you get the physique you want. Start eating properly again, because you will need that energy to exercise. You'll actually burn fat faster if your body is not starving.

As for your diet, quit the sugary stuff. That includes 'hidden' sugars, like you'll find in most commercial breads, potato chips, and stuff that includes corn syrup. Read the labels of the food you purchase and ask your parents to bring you base ingredients to bake at home if you can't find anything in the supermarket.
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
def have more smaller meals througout the day
ive only eaten afterschool for like 2-3 years and its proper hecked my body up, my metabolisms terrible n its given me ibs
dont do what i did!!!
def have more smaller meals througout the day
ive only eaten afterschool for like 2-3 years and its proper hecked my body up, my metabolisms terrible n its given me ibs
dont do what i did!!!
QZRMy.gif5rsP7.gif7A9On.gifEATfP.gif
All I'm gonna say is check out the book Health At Every Size, by PhD Linda Bacon. Saved my life when I got caught up in a really horrible eating disorder/weight obsession spiral-- and I do mean it saved my life.
All I'm gonna say is check out the book Health At Every Size, by PhD Linda Bacon. Saved my life when I got caught up in a really horrible eating disorder/weight obsession spiral-- and I do mean it saved my life.
ACOZFAh.png sZShZzW.png Zs4VhSn.png
RyOOFff.png kseo325.png
OxagJgG.png bsTwpFg.png
KLS4Wrl.png
I totally agree with Metalhead. You are not disgusting. I can see that you definitely have the will to change it. Put that will to action! Don't become content with your body. Love it! Love how it looks and how much it can get you through. I am not a nutritionist but a lot of the comments on here already sound like great, healthy places to start.
I totally agree with Metalhead. You are not disgusting. I can see that you definitely have the will to change it. Put that will to action! Don't become content with your body. Love it! Love how it looks and how much it can get you through. I am not a nutritionist but a lot of the comments on here already sound like great, healthy places to start.
I know the feeling :( Got stretch marks for the first time a last year and feel awful about it.

But you should know that if you don't eat enough your body will hold on to that fat longer and you will gain weight faster as your body will think it has to so that you don't starve!

So you should eat more meals but just healthy and maybe smaller amounts.

You can work out at home while you watch your sister! You don't need the gym (But the gym does help a lot better, I have the same problem not being able to get to one :/ so have to work out at home)
I know the feeling :( Got stretch marks for the first time a last year and feel awful about it.

But you should know that if you don't eat enough your body will hold on to that fat longer and you will gain weight faster as your body will think it has to so that you don't starve!

So you should eat more meals but just healthy and maybe smaller amounts.

You can work out at home while you watch your sister! You don't need the gym (But the gym does help a lot better, I have the same problem not being able to get to one :/ so have to work out at home)
To9iQ.gif GL7NJ.gif 6bDvf.gif fwwSt.gif z446X.gif
@Metalhead
Thanks. I guess I do eat a bit of too much sugar, so I'll work on reducing that drastically. I'm almost old enough for a driver's license though. I'm not drastically overweight, I think I'm actually just a tad over average, but I want to stop this in it's tracks. I mostly starve myself because the school lunches are too expensive and I don't have time to eat breakfast so I eat when I get home.

@Xyna Not a soda person actually, I mostly only drink water. But I do eat too much processed crap-food, so I think I will work on eating healthier. My mom makes pretty healthy dinners like chicken breast and some weird polish seed stuff that's supposed to be good for you, so if I find a way to shove that into my school schedule maybe I can get healthier.

@xSilvermoonx

I do have small meals, like I said. I usually do not eat much either, only one good meal a day. I guess I have to cut back on processed snacks and sugars so that I can be healthier and hopefully stop the weight gain in it's tracks. Like I said, I'm hardly qualified as overweight but I definitely see a difference now and I'd like to change.

thank you everybody.
@Metalhead
Thanks. I guess I do eat a bit of too much sugar, so I'll work on reducing that drastically. I'm almost old enough for a driver's license though. I'm not drastically overweight, I think I'm actually just a tad over average, but I want to stop this in it's tracks. I mostly starve myself because the school lunches are too expensive and I don't have time to eat breakfast so I eat when I get home.

@Xyna Not a soda person actually, I mostly only drink water. But I do eat too much processed crap-food, so I think I will work on eating healthier. My mom makes pretty healthy dinners like chicken breast and some weird polish seed stuff that's supposed to be good for you, so if I find a way to shove that into my school schedule maybe I can get healthier.

@xSilvermoonx

I do have small meals, like I said. I usually do not eat much either, only one good meal a day. I guess I have to cut back on processed snacks and sugars so that I can be healthier and hopefully stop the weight gain in it's tracks. Like I said, I'm hardly qualified as overweight but I definitely see a difference now and I'd like to change.

thank you everybody.
I've seen significant improvement in my energy levels, and weight, when I drank a full glass of water before snacking. That helped get rid of the need to munch as much, so in turn I ate less... and often when I thought I was hungry, I was really just thirsty!

Also, eating better snacks in general. Instead of potato chips, I'd get some carrots! Or instead of sugary drinks, I'd have tea with honey. :D
I've seen significant improvement in my energy levels, and weight, when I drank a full glass of water before snacking. That helped get rid of the need to munch as much, so in turn I ate less... and often when I thought I was hungry, I was really just thirsty!

Also, eating better snacks in general. Instead of potato chips, I'd get some carrots! Or instead of sugary drinks, I'd have tea with honey. :D
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
1 2 3 4