Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | overweight...
1 2 3 4
@LizardKing

The problem I have with being larger than normal is that I'm just physically uncomfortable with it. My entire life I've always been slim and now all of a sudden I'm bigger and I've barely changed my diet.

The thing is, I used to take Ritalin for years. It was very bad for my body but they kept forcing me to take it. I began taking it around 6 because I was suffering from trauma and they didn't know what to do with me so they labeled it as ADHD and stuck with it. Ritalin turns your appetite completely off and well, I began getting extremely underweight. I only got off it around 12-13 because it began driving me mentally insane, so for nearly 7 years I was underweight and that was just normal for me. That was comfortable.

That was the norm for me for so, so long. And now all of a sudden my bottom stands out a lot out of proportion. Not used to having a bit of a stomach either. I'd say I'm leaning more towards average than overweight. It's hard to tell without a scale. But I'm 5'1 and around the 110-120 pound range? But my thighs and bottom are stomach are still more large than I'm physically comfortable with. I just don't like the feel.
@LizardKing

The problem I have with being larger than normal is that I'm just physically uncomfortable with it. My entire life I've always been slim and now all of a sudden I'm bigger and I've barely changed my diet.

The thing is, I used to take Ritalin for years. It was very bad for my body but they kept forcing me to take it. I began taking it around 6 because I was suffering from trauma and they didn't know what to do with me so they labeled it as ADHD and stuck with it. Ritalin turns your appetite completely off and well, I began getting extremely underweight. I only got off it around 12-13 because it began driving me mentally insane, so for nearly 7 years I was underweight and that was just normal for me. That was comfortable.

That was the norm for me for so, so long. And now all of a sudden my bottom stands out a lot out of proportion. Not used to having a bit of a stomach either. I'd say I'm leaning more towards average than overweight. It's hard to tell without a scale. But I'm 5'1 and around the 110-120 pound range? But my thighs and bottom are stomach are still more large than I'm physically comfortable with. I just don't like the feel.
@OffensiveTitles
Hey man i may not be the best person in th world to be giving you advice as i myself am actually horrible with my weight according to online tests im obese w t f im not
But what can help is nuts. nuts nuts nuts nuts with yoghurt, nuts in porrige, nuts in anything. Eat them between big meals when you get hungry, they satisfy the hunger trust me.

as for exercises, videos on youtube? You can do exercises at home for 20 minutes a day or something bro
@OffensiveTitles
Hey man i may not be the best person in th world to be giving you advice as i myself am actually horrible with my weight according to online tests im obese w t f im not
But what can help is nuts. nuts nuts nuts nuts with yoghurt, nuts in porrige, nuts in anything. Eat them between big meals when you get hungry, they satisfy the hunger trust me.

as for exercises, videos on youtube? You can do exercises at home for 20 minutes a day or something bro
@OffensiveTitles
I know exactly the feeling. I used to be anorexic for a while. I actually stopped because my doctor told me that if I lost a few more pounds I would finally be out of the obeasity range... WHILE MY RIBS WERE SHOWING! Everyone else was telling me how wonderful I looked, and I adored my body then, but... It was not healthy. It took a doctor telling me that I had to be even more thin than I already was for me to realize that if I kept this up, then I was going to suffer long term consequences. (for the record, the doctor I used to see was (a lot of bad words) and I think that he was trying to kill me. My parents loved him.) I somewhat miss my anorexic body, but that is common for those who have been through that, and I realize that that is a residual side effect, and am not going to allow it to drive me to hurt my body any more than it has been.

Fast forward to now: I am still living with a family that shames me for everything I do and keeps nothing but junk food in the house. Between getting grief for cooking healthy food and not being strong enough to resist the call of junk food, as well as being made fun of every time I try to exorcise, I am now in the opposite end of the spectrum. I don't look like it though. I have 0 muscle, so it looks like I am only slightly pudgy when in reality I could do with burning off some fat and replacing it with a proper muscle tone that would actually support my joints. It is hard when you have to hide healthy choices or face the sneers of those around you, but I will move out soon.

Also, stop worrying about your stretch marks. The only people who actually care or even notice about your stretch marks are insecure/nasty little people who want to find something to make a big deal of. Nobody else actually sees them. I have thunder thighs that have been heavily marked by thor, They run halfway down to my knees in huge stripes, but when I mention them, nobody who has seen me in a swimsuit or less has ever even noticed I had them. (I have had to prove that I did to a couple friends.) Seriously, do not worry about them, instead feel sorry for those who are so insecure in themselves/ downright creepy enough to be looking that closely for something to hate on you for.

Back to the useful stuff. If you are in school, the first thing you want to do is diet control. What I do when I am living alone (when I was in college) is to first replace the copious amounts of processed sugar with fruit. I happen to really like fruit. For me this kept the transition to a lower sugar diet much easier. I then began preparing large meals for myself and keeping them in the fridge. This way I could rewarm them and save myself time when I had none. Start drinking a LOT more water, sometimes staying hydrated helps with the hunger.
Do you have access to a crockpot? I like to put a large piece of chicken in mine and let it cook while I am away. I also eat a lot of frozen vegetables and a light stirfry. Making eggs in the morning is usually pretty quick and easy, plus the protein helps a lot. Hardboiling them is even better I usually take a couple of them to work with a banana or an apple. Loosing weight is a tough process, but it usually starts with making changes to live a more healthy life. Little steps to get you on track will have more success.
@OffensiveTitles
I know exactly the feeling. I used to be anorexic for a while. I actually stopped because my doctor told me that if I lost a few more pounds I would finally be out of the obeasity range... WHILE MY RIBS WERE SHOWING! Everyone else was telling me how wonderful I looked, and I adored my body then, but... It was not healthy. It took a doctor telling me that I had to be even more thin than I already was for me to realize that if I kept this up, then I was going to suffer long term consequences. (for the record, the doctor I used to see was (a lot of bad words) and I think that he was trying to kill me. My parents loved him.) I somewhat miss my anorexic body, but that is common for those who have been through that, and I realize that that is a residual side effect, and am not going to allow it to drive me to hurt my body any more than it has been.

Fast forward to now: I am still living with a family that shames me for everything I do and keeps nothing but junk food in the house. Between getting grief for cooking healthy food and not being strong enough to resist the call of junk food, as well as being made fun of every time I try to exorcise, I am now in the opposite end of the spectrum. I don't look like it though. I have 0 muscle, so it looks like I am only slightly pudgy when in reality I could do with burning off some fat and replacing it with a proper muscle tone that would actually support my joints. It is hard when you have to hide healthy choices or face the sneers of those around you, but I will move out soon.

Also, stop worrying about your stretch marks. The only people who actually care or even notice about your stretch marks are insecure/nasty little people who want to find something to make a big deal of. Nobody else actually sees them. I have thunder thighs that have been heavily marked by thor, They run halfway down to my knees in huge stripes, but when I mention them, nobody who has seen me in a swimsuit or less has ever even noticed I had them. (I have had to prove that I did to a couple friends.) Seriously, do not worry about them, instead feel sorry for those who are so insecure in themselves/ downright creepy enough to be looking that closely for something to hate on you for.

Back to the useful stuff. If you are in school, the first thing you want to do is diet control. What I do when I am living alone (when I was in college) is to first replace the copious amounts of processed sugar with fruit. I happen to really like fruit. For me this kept the transition to a lower sugar diet much easier. I then began preparing large meals for myself and keeping them in the fridge. This way I could rewarm them and save myself time when I had none. Start drinking a LOT more water, sometimes staying hydrated helps with the hunger.
Do you have access to a crockpot? I like to put a large piece of chicken in mine and let it cook while I am away. I also eat a lot of frozen vegetables and a light stirfry. Making eggs in the morning is usually pretty quick and easy, plus the protein helps a lot. Hardboiling them is even better I usually take a couple of them to work with a banana or an apple. Loosing weight is a tough process, but it usually starts with making changes to live a more healthy life. Little steps to get you on track will have more success.
@JaranMarcel

... this is going to sound stupid/weird I can't get myself to eat fruits or veggies like u said. It's the texture. I used to eat fruits and veggies all the time as a kid then... I had to live with someone who didn't feed me well and... I can't get back into eating them no matter how hard I try. The taste doesn't bother me tbh, oranges and strawberries taste good and fresh. But I just can't eat them no matter how hard I try and it frustrates me so much because it's such a stupid situation. I've never heard of anyone else having this problem. I think a good solution for this might be smoothies, so I will talk to my mom about that. I digress tho.

We do have a crockpot but not used often. Usually for making stew full of beef and veggies and potatoes. Very yummy but yeah I usually dodge/don't chew the veggies in it lol.

I can relate to the family part. My mom buys a ton of processed crap food/ fatty polish food and yet shames us for eating it. Makes no sense. My sibling is far more overweight than me and she constantly get's shamed by mom/mom's boyfriend for exercising/eating a cookie or two. I avoid calling her fat :/ I'm glad my mom still makes traditional polish meals that are usually very healthy so that I at least have that going for me..
@JaranMarcel

... this is going to sound stupid/weird I can't get myself to eat fruits or veggies like u said. It's the texture. I used to eat fruits and veggies all the time as a kid then... I had to live with someone who didn't feed me well and... I can't get back into eating them no matter how hard I try. The taste doesn't bother me tbh, oranges and strawberries taste good and fresh. But I just can't eat them no matter how hard I try and it frustrates me so much because it's such a stupid situation. I've never heard of anyone else having this problem. I think a good solution for this might be smoothies, so I will talk to my mom about that. I digress tho.

We do have a crockpot but not used often. Usually for making stew full of beef and veggies and potatoes. Very yummy but yeah I usually dodge/don't chew the veggies in it lol.

I can relate to the family part. My mom buys a ton of processed crap food/ fatty polish food and yet shames us for eating it. Makes no sense. My sibling is far more overweight than me and she constantly get's shamed by mom/mom's boyfriend for exercising/eating a cookie or two. I avoid calling her fat :/ I'm glad my mom still makes traditional polish meals that are usually very healthy so that I at least have that going for me..
@OffensiveTitles

That does not sound weird at all to me. My partner's brain translates most flavours to pain so he only eats rice/frenchfries/bread. I make him take vitamins all the time because he does not get any nutrients. I am glad that I am not the only one with the weird family food issues. My partner actually took me to the grocery store before he left for a job across the country to make sure I had enough hidden food to last a while, but it is running out fast. I can't drive so it complicates things. Anyway, don't starve yourself or your metabolism will slow, but a limited diet is always hard to live with. I also read what you said your weight was and you are in a good weight range. Hang in there, school sucks and takes your time away, but it does not last forever.

Edit: my father just came in and gave me greif for eating my can of soup for dinner 2nd time today. He is demanding that I feed him something that he likes again. *rolls eyes*
@OffensiveTitles

That does not sound weird at all to me. My partner's brain translates most flavours to pain so he only eats rice/frenchfries/bread. I make him take vitamins all the time because he does not get any nutrients. I am glad that I am not the only one with the weird family food issues. My partner actually took me to the grocery store before he left for a job across the country to make sure I had enough hidden food to last a while, but it is running out fast. I can't drive so it complicates things. Anyway, don't starve yourself or your metabolism will slow, but a limited diet is always hard to live with. I also read what you said your weight was and you are in a good weight range. Hang in there, school sucks and takes your time away, but it does not last forever.

Edit: my father just came in and gave me greif for eating my can of soup for dinner 2nd time today. He is demanding that I feed him something that he likes again. *rolls eyes*
@OffensiveTitles

everything has pretty much been said already, drink plenty (like 4 cups of water a day) of water, and no candies or sodas or juices. don't worry about not being able to run, you can do jumping jacks, sit ups, jogging in place, and things like that in your room!
every morning I do 100 jumping jacks, 20 sit ups, 20 squats, and jog in place for 60 seconds, then I do it again when I get home from school, then right before bed. it isn't much but added to avoiding sugary stuff
and drinking lots of water it helps!
and just do not stress!! as long as you eat right, drinks lots of water and get as much exercise as is possible in your situation, you are good. not having a perfectly skinny body does not make you ugly or unhealthy or shameful, as long as you aren't horribly massively obese and at risk for heart issues or diabetes or something.
What I do is instead of looking in the mirror and thinking "wow I'm really chubby and ugly and my face is gross" or something like that, I try to only notice good things, like "my hair is a pretty color" or "I have nice eyes" or "my hips have a good shape even if they're a bit pudgy", good things!
science says that if you think something over and over, the pathways in your brain strengthen and you really begin to absorb the idea. so thinking "I am fat and ugly" a lot makes you believe that you really are fat and ugly, and thinking "I am a little overweight but that's okay because I'm working hard to loose it and I have many other good qualities" over and over makes you believe that, too!
@OffensiveTitles

everything has pretty much been said already, drink plenty (like 4 cups of water a day) of water, and no candies or sodas or juices. don't worry about not being able to run, you can do jumping jacks, sit ups, jogging in place, and things like that in your room!
every morning I do 100 jumping jacks, 20 sit ups, 20 squats, and jog in place for 60 seconds, then I do it again when I get home from school, then right before bed. it isn't much but added to avoiding sugary stuff
and drinking lots of water it helps!
and just do not stress!! as long as you eat right, drinks lots of water and get as much exercise as is possible in your situation, you are good. not having a perfectly skinny body does not make you ugly or unhealthy or shameful, as long as you aren't horribly massively obese and at risk for heart issues or diabetes or something.
What I do is instead of looking in the mirror and thinking "wow I'm really chubby and ugly and my face is gross" or something like that, I try to only notice good things, like "my hair is a pretty color" or "I have nice eyes" or "my hips have a good shape even if they're a bit pudgy", good things!
science says that if you think something over and over, the pathways in your brain strengthen and you really begin to absorb the idea. so thinking "I am fat and ugly" a lot makes you believe that you really are fat and ugly, and thinking "I am a little overweight but that's okay because I'm working hard to loose it and I have many other good qualities" over and over makes you believe that, too!
olly / 15
@Mythie

thank you. I'll begin thinking more positively about myself, and I've already began eating better :)
@Mythie

thank you. I'll begin thinking more positively about myself, and I've already began eating better :)
@OffensiveTitles
You don't have to work out at a gym. Just go outside for a walk, try to run if you can to get high pulse. Cardio is the way to go if you want to lose weight. Try to walk for 1h at least 3 times a week, everyone has time, it just depends on your priorities.

I haven't read through this thread, but I saw that you don't like fruits or veggies. You shouldn't be eating lots of fruits because of the sugar. 1-2 per day is enough. If you don't work out much you should try to cut carbohydrates. (Bread, pasta etc) You then have to eat more healthy fat sources like salmon, avocado and nuts. Also, 2 meals a day can actually make you gain weight or keeping it stable. You should eat 3-4 and have healthy snacks if there's too long between meals. Having a balanced diet and stable blood sugar is the key.

I don't know how much I can say on a forum like this, it can be a touchy subject for some, but after I started on a low-carb diet (+worked out) I lost 19lbs in a month or two. I was already close to underweight before this so I wasn't healthy and my mind wasn't healthy. (By the way, at this point I was feeling like you, that my stomach was poking out. But it wasn't true. Some food can make you bloated too) I have now gained it back and I feel and look much better. Just be safe. (See a professional please) You just looked at yourself in the mirror - maybe what you saw is false.
@OffensiveTitles
You don't have to work out at a gym. Just go outside for a walk, try to run if you can to get high pulse. Cardio is the way to go if you want to lose weight. Try to walk for 1h at least 3 times a week, everyone has time, it just depends on your priorities.

I haven't read through this thread, but I saw that you don't like fruits or veggies. You shouldn't be eating lots of fruits because of the sugar. 1-2 per day is enough. If you don't work out much you should try to cut carbohydrates. (Bread, pasta etc) You then have to eat more healthy fat sources like salmon, avocado and nuts. Also, 2 meals a day can actually make you gain weight or keeping it stable. You should eat 3-4 and have healthy snacks if there's too long between meals. Having a balanced diet and stable blood sugar is the key.

I don't know how much I can say on a forum like this, it can be a touchy subject for some, but after I started on a low-carb diet (+worked out) I lost 19lbs in a month or two. I was already close to underweight before this so I wasn't healthy and my mind wasn't healthy. (By the way, at this point I was feeling like you, that my stomach was poking out. But it wasn't true. Some food can make you bloated too) I have now gained it back and I feel and look much better. Just be safe. (See a professional please) You just looked at yourself in the mirror - maybe what you saw is false.
@OffensiveTitles

Being overweight aint ever that big of a deal, bud. fatphobes will often tell you its not healthy but honestly as long as you don't go into obese territory you're all good. I'm 17 at like 150-ish, and I wanna get thinner , I'm not super happy about it but... it's fine. It's more important to make sure you're healthy. It sounds to me (But I'm no professional!) that you're going overboard with being thin and becoming unhealthy, but I wouldn't know.

Just try to follow the food pyramid, honestly. You can eat like legit as many veggies as you want, they're so incredibly low calorie but filling. If you can't handle the texture, i'm sure theres like.. gummies or something. Or smoothies, as others have said. I don't eat school lunches either, pretty much exclusively because I hate the lunches- but drinking water throughout the day is really important! There's a little app you can get- plant nanny- that's super cute and encourages you to drink water, if that helps?

But really, be healthy, not 'fit'- do things that make your body feel good, I get headaches all the time from not drinking enough water! Just... food pyramid yo~
@OffensiveTitles

Being overweight aint ever that big of a deal, bud. fatphobes will often tell you its not healthy but honestly as long as you don't go into obese territory you're all good. I'm 17 at like 150-ish, and I wanna get thinner , I'm not super happy about it but... it's fine. It's more important to make sure you're healthy. It sounds to me (But I'm no professional!) that you're going overboard with being thin and becoming unhealthy, but I wouldn't know.

Just try to follow the food pyramid, honestly. You can eat like legit as many veggies as you want, they're so incredibly low calorie but filling. If you can't handle the texture, i'm sure theres like.. gummies or something. Or smoothies, as others have said. I don't eat school lunches either, pretty much exclusively because I hate the lunches- but drinking water throughout the day is really important! There's a little app you can get- plant nanny- that's super cute and encourages you to drink water, if that helps?

But really, be healthy, not 'fit'- do things that make your body feel good, I get headaches all the time from not drinking enough water! Just... food pyramid yo~
She/He
Pan - Poly
Drew / Lemons
1tpb8sw.gif
@Lemonsinasoup

thank you, that was very encouraging ^^ and yeah I'm far from obese. I'm more average but I just have more chub than I'd like but now I think I am more ok with my body.
@Lemonsinasoup

thank you, that was very encouraging ^^ and yeah I'm far from obese. I'm more average but I just have more chub than I'd like but now I think I am more ok with my body.
1 2 3 4