Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Coliseum Extremely Slow in Firefox
Running Coliseum battles in Mozilla Firefox goes approximately as fast as wading through molasses. I've cleared my cache and downloaded the newest version of Adobe Flash; still no improvement. However, when I tested it in Chrome it works fine. The only extensions I have running in Firefox are HTTPS Everywhere and Greasemonkey.
Running Coliseum battles in Mozilla Firefox goes approximately as fast as wading through molasses. I've cleared my cache and downloaded the newest version of Adobe Flash; still no improvement. However, when I tested it in Chrome it works fine. The only extensions I have running in Firefox are HTTPS Everywhere and Greasemonkey.
@EclaireDeLune The coliseum doesn't use flash so downloading flash won't help. Can you see if the problem persists on other browsers? That's the easiest way to find out if it's a problem with your device or the browser itself.
@EclaireDeLune The coliseum doesn't use flash so downloading flash won't help. Can you see if the problem persists on other browsers? That's the easiest way to find out if it's a problem with your device or the browser itself.
@chespin Yes, I tested it in Chrome and it ran fine. That's actually why I thought it ran Flash; when I opened the coliseum in Chrome I got a pop-up saying my Flash Player was out of date.
@chespin Yes, I tested it in Chrome and it ran fine. That's actually why I thought it ran Flash; when I opened the coliseum in Chrome I got a pop-up saying my Flash Player was out of date.
@EclaireDeLune That sounds like it might be malware if the popup showed up specifically on FR- the only thing on FR that uses flash is ads, the coliseum uses HTML5.

I heard the newest version of Firefox has some problems with FR so it might be a matter of just waiting until Firefox updates.
@EclaireDeLune That sounds like it might be malware if the popup showed up specifically on FR- the only thing on FR that uses flash is ads, the coliseum uses HTML5.

I heard the newest version of Firefox has some problems with FR so it might be a matter of just waiting until Firefox updates.
@chespin Ah, okay. I'll see if the problem persists after Firefox updates, and I guess just use chrome until then. Thanks!
@chespin Ah, okay. I'll see if the problem persists after Firefox updates, and I guess just use chrome until then. Thanks!
Same here, it's impossible to play at this speed. Also Firefox only, but oddly, the first time it got this slow after the update, the script for it stopped responding and the whole browser was laggy for a while. I thought it was a one-time issue but I tried again today and it's still unbearably slow.
Same here, it's impossible to play at this speed. Also Firefox only, but oddly, the first time it got this slow after the update, the script for it stopped responding and the whole browser was laggy for a while. I thought it was a one-time issue but I tried again today and it's still unbearably slow.
QYzhmAi.png