Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | DnD anyone?
1 2 3
@Thorn

Oh, she was great. She grabbed a cursed bowl off a table in front of a necromancer cultist leader, and when the necromancer got annoyed and demanded it back, she threw it at the lady's head. Did like 4 damage with it, which was hilarious.
@Thorn

Oh, she was great. She grabbed a cursed bowl off a table in front of a necromancer cultist leader, and when the necromancer got annoyed and demanded it back, she threw it at the lady's head. Did like 4 damage with it, which was hilarious.
ShpX9LV.png
Oh boy do I have a few stories from my last session.
Our party: A gnome named Hawethorne who is basically the groups dad. He got cursed by a goddess and it is basically killing him.
Background: We were tasked with breaking down a magic barrier protecting a castle-full of cultists. A few of us who were absent last session were left behind to sleep in and so we got a mini-quest to catch up to them. So, our characters basically have no idea whats going on or why we were left behind so we're taking our time. Eating breakfast in the forts hall, basically taking as long as possible and then we remember that the other two left their horses behind after we had gotten magicked to the fort.
The stable boy doesn't have any horses for sale, despite the stable being full so my two companions - a tiefling and a human barbarian decide that they have to distract him to steal the horses.

So they decide to flash him.

It didn't work but at least he decided to let us borrow the horses and gave me feed for my horse.

And then later, we were in a big battle in Hawethornes mind (for reasons? Im not really sure how it happened but we wound up in his mind and it had something to do with the curse) against this h u g e demon. We're all running out of spells, not really sure how much hp this thing has and my two fallback spells have been ruled out - charm person and vicious mockery- so in desperation I roll for hideous laughter

and he gets a nat one for his saving throw.
Oh boy do I have a few stories from my last session.
Our party: A gnome named Hawethorne who is basically the groups dad. He got cursed by a goddess and it is basically killing him.
Background: We were tasked with breaking down a magic barrier protecting a castle-full of cultists. A few of us who were absent last session were left behind to sleep in and so we got a mini-quest to catch up to them. So, our characters basically have no idea whats going on or why we were left behind so we're taking our time. Eating breakfast in the forts hall, basically taking as long as possible and then we remember that the other two left their horses behind after we had gotten magicked to the fort.
The stable boy doesn't have any horses for sale, despite the stable being full so my two companions - a tiefling and a human barbarian decide that they have to distract him to steal the horses.

So they decide to flash him.

It didn't work but at least he decided to let us borrow the horses and gave me feed for my horse.

And then later, we were in a big battle in Hawethornes mind (for reasons? Im not really sure how it happened but we wound up in his mind and it had something to do with the curse) against this h u g e demon. We're all running out of spells, not really sure how much hp this thing has and my two fallback spells have been ruled out - charm person and vicious mockery- so in desperation I roll for hideous laughter

and he gets a nat one for his saving throw.
shrug
In our last session the party got split (always bad) because we came across a huge clearing in the forest that ran from the mountains to the ocean and patrolled by various giants. Like this was a mile wide of chopped down trees and badly cleared terrain with several patrolling giants. My character, an elf druid that can only turn into dinosaurs and a smol drow bard wanted to investigate why this was a thing and follow the clearing up to the mountains.

So we split off, my druid turning into a pteranodon and flying off with the bard on my back, accidentally alarming the nearby giants to the rest of the party. It was crazy but they managed to survive and kill the giants. But anyway while flying we came across a procession of giants. There were 24 extra big giants carrying a massive rectangular stone in front. As we were debating what to do the procession slowly made it closer to the beach, where the tired party still was.

We decided the best way to solve our problems was to crush the opposition. Literally. The bard was going to polymorph into a a brontosaurus and fall onto the stone, crushing the giants underneath. The impact would break concentration so my character, still a pteranodon would swoop in and carry her off to escape. Right when we began to go the DM caught our one little problem. The bard has no idea what a brontosaraus is.

After panicking, we decided to quickly switch roles. So imagine on a cloudless peaceful day, out of nowhere a full grown brontosaurus suddenly appears 150ft up in the sky, and reaches terminal velocity on the fall. Surprisingly, my character retained concentration upon impact. Unsurprisingly, the plan didn't work. But it was glorious. Also my new favorite tactic ;)
In our last session the party got split (always bad) because we came across a huge clearing in the forest that ran from the mountains to the ocean and patrolled by various giants. Like this was a mile wide of chopped down trees and badly cleared terrain with several patrolling giants. My character, an elf druid that can only turn into dinosaurs and a smol drow bard wanted to investigate why this was a thing and follow the clearing up to the mountains.

So we split off, my druid turning into a pteranodon and flying off with the bard on my back, accidentally alarming the nearby giants to the rest of the party. It was crazy but they managed to survive and kill the giants. But anyway while flying we came across a procession of giants. There were 24 extra big giants carrying a massive rectangular stone in front. As we were debating what to do the procession slowly made it closer to the beach, where the tired party still was.

We decided the best way to solve our problems was to crush the opposition. Literally. The bard was going to polymorph into a a brontosaurus and fall onto the stone, crushing the giants underneath. The impact would break concentration so my character, still a pteranodon would swoop in and carry her off to escape. Right when we began to go the DM caught our one little problem. The bard has no idea what a brontosaraus is.

After panicking, we decided to quickly switch roles. So imagine on a cloudless peaceful day, out of nowhere a full grown brontosaurus suddenly appears 150ft up in the sky, and reaches terminal velocity on the fall. Surprisingly, my character retained concentration upon impact. Unsurprisingly, the plan didn't work. But it was glorious. Also my new favorite tactic ;)
wb_choco.pngK2soLRu.png6x9oPGe.pngVl8ccQX.gif
1 2 3