Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dark Alliance
1 2 3
(My first role-play, don't judge if I do everything wrong.)

The Shadowbinder towered over Black Pearl, her purple eyes glaring down at her in a menacing way.

"Why did you give her that pup!" the Shadowbinder demanded, a dark aura surrounding her as she spoke in a malicious tone.

Black Pearl had just returned from the Lesser Lair of the Emberglow Hearth where her friend Charyne lived. As a gift to celebrate their alliance, as well as friendship, Black Pearl gave Charyne one of her hatchlings, a mirror dragon named Lyrion.

"Well, explain yourself!" the Shadowbinder demanded. "I can see why you gave that faulty pink mirror dragon to the Flamecaller, she seems to like the broken dragons. The pup was a strong shadow dragon, and I had seen the future that the clan could have had with him, he's special, you know, but instead, you gave him up to a faulty dragon from a dysfunctional flight. I accepted you when no one else would, why would you betray me like this, you ignorant whelp!" The Shadowbinder's purple eyes grew brighter, cutting like lasers through the darkness that radiated off her scales.

Black Pearl weighed her options she could talk back to the Shadowbinder, stick up for her friend and her decision. She could run back to her lair, the Shadowbinder was busy and was so focused on winning that she would forget the issue. Or, she could call two of her dragon allies out of the lair and battle the Shadowbinder.

[Take out dice]

(1-2 Argue)
(3-4 Run)
(5-6 Call Allies and Fight)

(My first role-play, don't judge if I do everything wrong.)

The Shadowbinder towered over Black Pearl, her purple eyes glaring down at her in a menacing way.

"Why did you give her that pup!" the Shadowbinder demanded, a dark aura surrounding her as she spoke in a malicious tone.

Black Pearl had just returned from the Lesser Lair of the Emberglow Hearth where her friend Charyne lived. As a gift to celebrate their alliance, as well as friendship, Black Pearl gave Charyne one of her hatchlings, a mirror dragon named Lyrion.

"Well, explain yourself!" the Shadowbinder demanded. "I can see why you gave that faulty pink mirror dragon to the Flamecaller, she seems to like the broken dragons. The pup was a strong shadow dragon, and I had seen the future that the clan could have had with him, he's special, you know, but instead, you gave him up to a faulty dragon from a dysfunctional flight. I accepted you when no one else would, why would you betray me like this, you ignorant whelp!" The Shadowbinder's purple eyes grew brighter, cutting like lasers through the darkness that radiated off her scales.

Black Pearl weighed her options she could talk back to the Shadowbinder, stick up for her friend and her decision. She could run back to her lair, the Shadowbinder was busy and was so focused on winning that she would forget the issue. Or, she could call two of her dragon allies out of the lair and battle the Shadowbinder.

[Take out dice]

(1-2 Argue)
(3-4 Run)
(5-6 Call Allies and Fight)

4xd1oW3.png
"You didn't like that did you?"
Such a fickle creature, the Shadowbinder was. It was blasphemous to say such things aloud, so she didn't say it. But that didn't change the fact that it was true. BlackPearl turned her violet eyes down, and ran her tongue over her talons idly before continuing.
"Jealousy is so very becoming. But I payed you your dues, and gave you many of my own First Born. Cirrastra and Nimbastra must remain to protect and lead the clan should I be cut down... and I must secure strong bonds with those to whom I have made promises. Even you can understand that.

The Shadowbinder could have killed this insolent Mirror in but moments... less than that. But she had always been intrigued by BlackPearl's primal sort of logic. It payed homage to times gone and past.

"If you must know... I don't only see potential in her. Charyne wants to help me. What do I care if she is broken? Soon, she will repay Me in Blood, rather than water. If she does not... I will know she isn't sincere, and I will personally exact my revenge. I doubt that she has lied to me... She took a chance by letting me into her territory. She is deadly, and kind, and worthy of my respect." At last the shadow colored drake was stilled by emotion, sudden stirring emotion. "You know that I owe my loyalty and life to you. When the other gods saw untamed savagery, you saw the struggle to survive. You gave me Shadow Touch. Now let me repay you by building up this bond, and thus in turn glorifying you."
"You didn't like that did you?"
Such a fickle creature, the Shadowbinder was. It was blasphemous to say such things aloud, so she didn't say it. But that didn't change the fact that it was true. BlackPearl turned her violet eyes down, and ran her tongue over her talons idly before continuing.
"Jealousy is so very becoming. But I payed you your dues, and gave you many of my own First Born. Cirrastra and Nimbastra must remain to protect and lead the clan should I be cut down... and I must secure strong bonds with those to whom I have made promises. Even you can understand that.

The Shadowbinder could have killed this insolent Mirror in but moments... less than that. But she had always been intrigued by BlackPearl's primal sort of logic. It payed homage to times gone and past.

"If you must know... I don't only see potential in her. Charyne wants to help me. What do I care if she is broken? Soon, she will repay Me in Blood, rather than water. If she does not... I will know she isn't sincere, and I will personally exact my revenge. I doubt that she has lied to me... She took a chance by letting me into her territory. She is deadly, and kind, and worthy of my respect." At last the shadow colored drake was stilled by emotion, sudden stirring emotion. "You know that I owe my loyalty and life to you. When the other gods saw untamed savagery, you saw the struggle to survive. You gave me Shadow Touch. Now let me repay you by building up this bond, and thus in turn glorifying you."
"Hey, Black Pearl, where you at!" Charyne announced, bursting in to the world of the shadow flight, the red-eyed, pink scaled mirror sticking out against the shadowy forest.

The Shadowbinder glared at Charyne, interrupting the argument between the two dragons.

"You have no business in my lair!" the Shadowbinder yelled, the dark aura surrounding her.

She had not come alone either. She had brought her two strongest warriors: her mate, Steven and the adopted lightning dragon, Lightswitch.

"There's this rogue dragon leading an army of basilisks, and they raided my lair and stole all my food," Charyne explained interrupting. "I mean...I can fight them myself....but I....I ate a lot and I think I'm not feeling great."

"What Charyne was trying to say," Lightswitch interrupted. Being a lightning dragon, she was not as hesitant to admit weakness as the two fire dragons were. "There were lots of them and the rouge dragon was very powerful, but there was something strange about him."

"First off, he wasn't that strong," Steven argued. "I have to admit though, there was something strange about him. He was a tundra dragon with pink and white fur. The strange thing was his eyes, one was purple, like the shadow dragons, but the other was pitch black and had maggots crawling in it."

The Shadowbinder was still there, only half listening, as if the conversation bored her. She looked at them, the shadowy aura fading from her, her eyes dulled down in an uninterested way.

"You three have no business in the Shadow Flight. If you're so sure you can fight the rogue and basilisk army on your own, why don't you gather your strength and go after him by yourself when your stomachs stop hurting?" The Shadowbinder asked, in a low, monotone voice.

"Because we really do need Black Pearls help!" Lightswitch announced.

"Oh, and along with all the food," Charyne admitted, her voice cracking with a sadness so unlike her usually energetic and optimistic, if not narcissistic, self. "One of the basilisks stole my son, and another stole Black Pearl's son."

"Hey, Black Pearl, where you at!" Charyne announced, bursting in to the world of the shadow flight, the red-eyed, pink scaled mirror sticking out against the shadowy forest.

The Shadowbinder glared at Charyne, interrupting the argument between the two dragons.

"You have no business in my lair!" the Shadowbinder yelled, the dark aura surrounding her.

She had not come alone either. She had brought her two strongest warriors: her mate, Steven and the adopted lightning dragon, Lightswitch.

"There's this rogue dragon leading an army of basilisks, and they raided my lair and stole all my food," Charyne explained interrupting. "I mean...I can fight them myself....but I....I ate a lot and I think I'm not feeling great."

"What Charyne was trying to say," Lightswitch interrupted. Being a lightning dragon, she was not as hesitant to admit weakness as the two fire dragons were. "There were lots of them and the rouge dragon was very powerful, but there was something strange about him."

"First off, he wasn't that strong," Steven argued. "I have to admit though, there was something strange about him. He was a tundra dragon with pink and white fur. The strange thing was his eyes, one was purple, like the shadow dragons, but the other was pitch black and had maggots crawling in it."

The Shadowbinder was still there, only half listening, as if the conversation bored her. She looked at them, the shadowy aura fading from her, her eyes dulled down in an uninterested way.

"You three have no business in the Shadow Flight. If you're so sure you can fight the rogue and basilisk army on your own, why don't you gather your strength and go after him by yourself when your stomachs stop hurting?" The Shadowbinder asked, in a low, monotone voice.

"Because we really do need Black Pearls help!" Lightswitch announced.

"Oh, and along with all the food," Charyne admitted, her voice cracking with a sadness so unlike her usually energetic and optimistic, if not narcissistic, self. "One of the basilisks stole my son, and another stole Black Pearl's son."

4xd1oW3.png
The Shadow dragon narrowed her eyes and ran her tongue quick as a flash around her muzzle. "You should not have come here. Shadowbinder doesn't take kindly to prying eyes..." But she did rise and pad to her new friend's side. "I gave that pup to you. He is no longer mine-he is the kin of the MetalAngel clan. However, this is an affront to an ally and a friend. Very well, I will help you exact revenge."

Something like concern passed over the dark Mirror's eyes. She too was concerned-because the description of the the tundra rogue sounded far too familiar to ignore. Her wiry tail whipped behind her in farewell to the deity. "Thank you for your insight." To Charyne, "Let's go. It is time to hunt." She tipped her head back and howled, and slipping seamlessly through the shadows came the hunters Cupid and Reina. They appeared to be more than competent, muscles rippling under their skin. The Cherub clad Mirror looked to Charyne, eyes wide.

"They took Lyrion? What nerve... do you think they will eat him?"

"Of course they will." The shimmering dark Mirror looked furious, her fangs bared as she spoke. "We will be lucky if we find anything left of him.

"Enough!" Black pearl snapped her jaws, and cuffed Reina's ear. "I didn't call you to become emotional. We need to focus. Where were they last seen, Charyne?"
The Shadow dragon narrowed her eyes and ran her tongue quick as a flash around her muzzle. "You should not have come here. Shadowbinder doesn't take kindly to prying eyes..." But she did rise and pad to her new friend's side. "I gave that pup to you. He is no longer mine-he is the kin of the MetalAngel clan. However, this is an affront to an ally and a friend. Very well, I will help you exact revenge."

Something like concern passed over the dark Mirror's eyes. She too was concerned-because the description of the the tundra rogue sounded far too familiar to ignore. Her wiry tail whipped behind her in farewell to the deity. "Thank you for your insight." To Charyne, "Let's go. It is time to hunt." She tipped her head back and howled, and slipping seamlessly through the shadows came the hunters Cupid and Reina. They appeared to be more than competent, muscles rippling under their skin. The Cherub clad Mirror looked to Charyne, eyes wide.

"They took Lyrion? What nerve... do you think they will eat him?"

"Of course they will." The shimmering dark Mirror looked furious, her fangs bared as she spoke. "We will be lucky if we find anything left of him.

"Enough!" Black pearl snapped her jaws, and cuffed Reina's ear. "I didn't call you to become emotional. We need to focus. Where were they last seen, Charyne?"

"They were last seen escaping from the Lesser Lair of the Emberglow Hearth, running towards the Windswept Plateau." Charyne explained. "As I am unfamiliar with the wind dragons I did not step foot in their territory."

"Lets go then!" Steven announced impatiently. The fey twitched all over anticipating adventure while both Charyne and Lightswitch looked nervous. Without another word, Steven tried to fly off, but Charyne caught his tail with her teeth.

"We can't just run off to the plateau," Lightswitch explained. "We have not made friends with the wind dragons and you remember our last battle with members of the Wind Flight."

"We beat them," Steven boasted proudly.

"Barley," Lightswitch recalled. "We need to proceed with caution. Too many dragons charging in at once would make it seem like we're going to attack their flight. More than three dragons would look like a threat and there are six of us. And we can't just run in there and start attacking any Tundra dragons we see, yeah he had one purple eye, but perhaps he was like me, adopted, but into the Wind Flight. If we just attack the other dragons would certainly gain up on us."

"Well then I'll go," Charyne announced.

"They were last seen escaping from the Lesser Lair of the Emberglow Hearth, running towards the Windswept Plateau." Charyne explained. "As I am unfamiliar with the wind dragons I did not step foot in their territory."

"Lets go then!" Steven announced impatiently. The fey twitched all over anticipating adventure while both Charyne and Lightswitch looked nervous. Without another word, Steven tried to fly off, but Charyne caught his tail with her teeth.

"We can't just run off to the plateau," Lightswitch explained. "We have not made friends with the wind dragons and you remember our last battle with members of the Wind Flight."

"We beat them," Steven boasted proudly.

"Barley," Lightswitch recalled. "We need to proceed with caution. Too many dragons charging in at once would make it seem like we're going to attack their flight. More than three dragons would look like a threat and there are six of us. And we can't just run in there and start attacking any Tundra dragons we see, yeah he had one purple eye, but perhaps he was like me, adopted, but into the Wind Flight. If we just attack the other dragons would certainly gain up on us."

"Well then I'll go," Charyne announced.
4xd1oW3.png
"I may be able to fix that problem." BlackPearl flexed her wings and snapped them back tight. "I may not have been as forthcoming about my doings to you, Charyne, as I should have. I have ties with a Wind Flight as well. There is a Fae dragoness named Madda, who is the progenitor to a well to do clan that way. Her clan runs thick with the blood of my own-she will allow us to pass through her territory, and speak on our behalf. But it will be best if I go with you as well."

Cupid and Reina watched the other dragons carefully, memorizing their scents. They said that they were ready to stay or go as BlackPearl pleased.
"I may be able to fix that problem." BlackPearl flexed her wings and snapped them back tight. "I may not have been as forthcoming about my doings to you, Charyne, as I should have. I have ties with a Wind Flight as well. There is a Fae dragoness named Madda, who is the progenitor to a well to do clan that way. Her clan runs thick with the blood of my own-she will allow us to pass through her territory, and speak on our behalf. But it will be best if I go with you as well."

Cupid and Reina watched the other dragons carefully, memorizing their scents. They said that they were ready to stay or go as BlackPearl pleased.

"Alright, me, BlackPearl and Cupid will go!" announced Charyne. "Cupid is Lyrion's father so he would have the easiest time tracking him."

With that, the three mighty dragon warriors took flight towards the Windswept Pleatu. It was a long flight and the air was warm and sticky against their wings. It was nearing dusk when they finally landed on the rocky ground with only a few strands of long grass as signs of life.

"Alright, me, BlackPearl and Cupid will go!" announced Charyne. "Cupid is Lyrion's father so he would have the easiest time tracking him."

With that, the three mighty dragon warriors took flight towards the Windswept Pleatu. It was a long flight and the air was warm and sticky against their wings. It was nearing dusk when they finally landed on the rocky ground with only a few strands of long grass as signs of life.
4xd1oW3.png
A blue mirror dragon sits there with an almost equally blue fae dragon sitting on top of their back. The mirror dragon doesn't seem to mind at all. He looks up at the sound of wings flapping, "Who goes there?"
A blue mirror dragon sits there with an almost equally blue fae dragon sitting on top of their back. The mirror dragon doesn't seem to mind at all. He looks up at the sound of wings flapping, "Who goes there?"

Charyne hissed at the blue mirror and fey dragon.

"I am Charyne!" the pink mirror growled, trying to sound intimidating, but ruining it by speaking in a too fast voice. "I am from the Fire flight and these two are Black Pearl and Cupid of the Shadow Flight."

She eyed up the blue mirror, despite having a mate of her own, she couldn't help but be attracted to the other mirror. The other dragon however, did not seem at all interested.

Without thinking, Charyne jumped at the mirror dragon, knocking him to the ground and scratched him as hard as she could.

(Dragons by Strativarius starts playing.)

Charyne hissed at the blue mirror and fey dragon.

"I am Charyne!" the pink mirror growled, trying to sound intimidating, but ruining it by speaking in a too fast voice. "I am from the Fire flight and these two are Black Pearl and Cupid of the Shadow Flight."

She eyed up the blue mirror, despite having a mate of her own, she couldn't help but be attracted to the other mirror. The other dragon however, did not seem at all interested.

Without thinking, Charyne jumped at the mirror dragon, knocking him to the ground and scratched him as hard as she could.

(Dragons by Strativarius starts playing.)
4xd1oW3.png
BlackPearl, like most Mirrors, didn't enjoy flight as much as running. Her wings were more suited to battle, than lifting her into the air. She settled heavily, and padded up beside Charyne bowing a greeting to the Blueish Mirror. "Hail, Soraka and kin Seraphina. There is something I had hoped to discuss."
After Charyne had introduced herself, BlackPearl had noted the path of her gaze and twitching of her muscles. She rolled her eyes subtly, tensed and ready always. So, though she hadn't expected to have to act against Charyne, she was able to. She joined into the fray, and let the blow hit her instead. Blood splashed onto the dry grasses... but no one had gotten out of it without getting hurt. Soraka was still on his back, and Charyne had been whipped by the Shadow Mirror's tail.

Cupid stayed out of this. He found it amusing.

"Charyne, snap out of it! You may think you can take him, but I should remind you that Soraka's clan have the will and numbers to make you regret it. And... it would be best to also warn you that in this matter, I would have to remain neutral."
BlackPearl, like most Mirrors, didn't enjoy flight as much as running. Her wings were more suited to battle, than lifting her into the air. She settled heavily, and padded up beside Charyne bowing a greeting to the Blueish Mirror. "Hail, Soraka and kin Seraphina. There is something I had hoped to discuss."
After Charyne had introduced herself, BlackPearl had noted the path of her gaze and twitching of her muscles. She rolled her eyes subtly, tensed and ready always. So, though she hadn't expected to have to act against Charyne, she was able to. She joined into the fray, and let the blow hit her instead. Blood splashed onto the dry grasses... but no one had gotten out of it without getting hurt. Soraka was still on his back, and Charyne had been whipped by the Shadow Mirror's tail.

Cupid stayed out of this. He found it amusing.

"Charyne, snap out of it! You may think you can take him, but I should remind you that Soraka's clan have the will and numbers to make you regret it. And... it would be best to also warn you that in this matter, I would have to remain neutral."
1 2 3