Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Swipp tweak - Broken Penny Jar
1 2
[img]http://i.imgur.com/KamWLUd.png[/img] Currently the Broken Penny Jar trade is offered by Swipp, Pipp, and Tripp. Unlike the other chest trades, the Jar is only worth 200 treasure when opened. For this reason, I (and other players) would like to see the Broken Penny Jar trade only appearing with Swipp. Take it off his daughters' rotations.
KamWLUd.png

Currently the Broken Penny Jar trade is offered by Swipp, Pipp, and Tripp. Unlike the other chest trades, the Jar is only worth 200 treasure when opened.

For this reason, I (and other players) would like to see the Broken Penny Jar trade only appearing with Swipp. Take it off his daughters' rotations.
FR+8 (UK)
Familiars wish list, Swipp Apparel list, Swipp Familiars list, Swipp Skins list
All-element Farmers: Hawkfire (Arcane, level 1), Galaxy (Earth, level 1), Astraeus (Fire, level 10), Venomstrike (Ice, level 1), Petros (Light, level 1), Moonbeam (Lightning, level 25), Verdi (Nature, level 20), Rubyshimmer (Plague, level 1), Xaveria (Shadow, level 1), Denwo (Water, level 25), Sunbeam (Wind, level 1)
@Ansela

The trades are all taken out of one pool. If they were to tweak this, they'd have to make each character have a different pool of items, which would make it so they could all potentially offer the same trade at the same time. I would rather the girls offer a pointless trade once in a while instead of that.
@Ansela

The trades are all taken out of one pool. If they were to tweak this, they'd have to make each character have a different pool of items, which would make it so they could all potentially offer the same trade at the same time. I would rather the girls offer a pointless trade once in a while instead of that.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
I would rather people slow down and be careful about who they trade with than have the same trade possibly up more than once at the same time.
I would rather people slow down and be careful about who they trade with than have the same trade possibly up more than once at the same time.
But why? Who says all the trades have to be good deals? Having the daughters profit off of penny jar trades is a great way to keep players on their toes and remind them to be careful - yes, there is a loss! But It's not a huge loss, even 2000t is not that much (well, 1800). It's more like a rap on the knuckles for not being cautious.
But why? Who says all the trades have to be good deals? Having the daughters profit off of penny jar trades is a great way to keep players on their toes and remind them to be careful - yes, there is a loss! But It's not a huge loss, even 2000t is not that much (well, 1800). It's more like a rap on the knuckles for not being cautious.
Like Aelis said, not all trades are good deals.

Like Aelis said, not all trades are good deals.

No support here Either.

Additionally to what everyone else said - there are a lot of swipptrades that should be taken out of swipps daughters if you go with the 'I loos money so they should not offer it'-logic. Many swipp items are cheaper in the AH than buying the ingredience for them - much more so when one has to pay the additional Fee his daughters have.

But while I see people complain about loosing out on the penny jar trade I've never seen complaints about the trades in general not being worth it.
No support here Either.

Additionally to what everyone else said - there are a lot of swipptrades that should be taken out of swipps daughters if you go with the 'I loos money so they should not offer it'-logic. Many swipp items are cheaper in the AH than buying the ingredience for them - much more so when one has to pay the additional Fee his daughters have.

But while I see people complain about loosing out on the penny jar trade I've never seen complaints about the trades in general not being worth it.
No support. It teaches you to be careful with what you're doing. And as others have said, it could make them all offer the same trade without a bunch of coding, which isn't worth it when all you have to do is be careful.
No support. It teaches you to be careful with what you're doing. And as others have said, it could make them all offer the same trade without a bunch of coding, which isn't worth it when all you have to do is be careful.
Wow they are offering this deal now and I've just noticed this unbalance. I agree with the tweak but I should be careful before changes anyway.
Wow they are offering this deal now and I've just noticed this unbalance. I agree with the tweak but I should be careful before changes anyway.
Eh, I actually support this. It wouldn't end up with them offering the same trade twice - not if there's any sense in the coding - and while other Swipp trades may be a bad deal that's a player determined thing. This is site-created loss mechanism and I really doubt that was the intention.

Treasure sinks are fine when you get something for them, not when they're essentially an NPC scamming you.

EDIT:
For people concerned about coding difficulty, there's only one really likely way it works now:
- Trade generated for Swipp via RNG
- Trade generated for Pipp via RNG
- If trade is same as Swipp, reroll until different
- Trade generated for Tripp via RNG
- If trade is same as Swipp or Pipp, reroll until different

Removing the bottles from Tripp and Pipp is an extra check that says 'if same as Swipp OR bottle trade, reroll'
Not the most complicated thing.
Eh, I actually support this. It wouldn't end up with them offering the same trade twice - not if there's any sense in the coding - and while other Swipp trades may be a bad deal that's a player determined thing. This is site-created loss mechanism and I really doubt that was the intention.

Treasure sinks are fine when you get something for them, not when they're essentially an NPC scamming you.

EDIT:
For people concerned about coding difficulty, there's only one really likely way it works now:
- Trade generated for Swipp via RNG
- Trade generated for Pipp via RNG
- If trade is same as Swipp, reroll until different
- Trade generated for Tripp via RNG
- If trade is same as Swipp or Pipp, reroll until different

Removing the bottles from Tripp and Pipp is an extra check that says 'if same as Swipp OR bottle trade, reroll'
Not the most complicated thing.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="Aelis" date=2016-02-04 09:40:24] But why? Who says all the trades have to be good deals? Having the daughters profit off of penny jar trades is a great way to keep players on their toes and remind them to be careful - yes, there is a loss! But It's not a huge loss, even 2000t is not that much (well, 1800). It's more like a rap on the knuckles for not being cautious. [/quote] Pretty much this; if anything it makes even more lore sense that the girls offer bad deals as they are still learning the trade
Aelis wrote on 2016-02-04:

Pretty much this; if anything it makes even more lore sense that the girls offer bad deals as they are still learning the trade
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
1 2