Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Liquid Frisket Problems
So I have been trying to watercolor for a project and im having problems with my Liquid frisket. I've ruined two brushes.

My teacher said to dip in water and then rub it on paper towel but its not working.

How do I clean it off my brush???
So I have been trying to watercolor for a project and im having problems with my Liquid frisket. I've ruined two brushes.

My teacher said to dip in water and then rub it on paper towel but its not working.

How do I clean it off my brush???
@TheInfiHexx

Dip your brushes in heavily soaped water before applying. You need to get it off before it dries on. You can try heavier cleaners, murphys oil soap or something, but it will not be kind to your brushes. Condition them afterward.

You don't need to apply frisket with a good brush, or a brush at all. It's not very kind to your nice brushes. ):
@TheInfiHexx

Dip your brushes in heavily soaped water before applying. You need to get it off before it dries on. You can try heavier cleaners, murphys oil soap or something, but it will not be kind to your brushes. Condition them afterward.

You don't need to apply frisket with a good brush, or a brush at all. It's not very kind to your nice brushes. ):
0qjbKvG.png (c) Osayio
Frisket will come off eventually with rubbing and washing with a good soap, (seconding the murphy's oil soap,) but for the future, only use cheap brushes for frisket. It'll ruin delicate brushes in a hurry.
Frisket will come off eventually with rubbing and washing with a good soap, (seconding the murphy's oil soap,) but for the future, only use cheap brushes for frisket. It'll ruin delicate brushes in a hurry.
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson