Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Join Newt Scamander on his Quest
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14
@Boolean just found this and would love to be added to the pinglist?
@Boolean just found this and would love to be added to the pinglist?
zqpG63L.png image0.png
@Boolean
I am an instant fan of this idea and please do ping me for future updates.
@Boolean
I am an instant fan of this idea and please do ping me for future updates.
>
tumblr_oh6risLJAT1vfeckzo5_r3_250.png oh look
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
[img]http://i.imgur.com/s0xai7b.png[/img] [right][img]http://i.imgur.com/FS1raP0.png[/img][/right] [u]2016-12-1 | 23:02 FST[/u] ---------------------------------- [indent]It had been a long day of traveling. The Bluefin Charger and[/indent] her brood were no where to be seen and Newt was partially glad not to have her causing trouble for him any longer. In her place was now a Basilisk who he had allowed to ride on his back. Bronwyn seemed especially pleased with this as he now had a playmate. His broken wing seemed better. Less pain and Newt theorized that the split could come off within the next week or so. As they continued to head back to Newt's camp he was unaware of something inside his tent asleep on his sleeping bag. [columns][img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/7/70/Crimson_Emperor.png[/img] [nextcol] A small creature similar to the Death's-Head Stag. Ice blue with white accents and shimmering black, white and red wings. Newt and his crew pad into the camping area and he carefully set Bronwyn and his companion onto the ground offering them both something to eat while he went to inspect his sleeping area. Confused as to what was on his sleeping bag Newt crept quietly towards it and was shocked and surprised at what he'd found. Not wanting to wake it and not wanting to risk going out to Bronwyn and the Basilisk he quickly drew his favored quill and note book and began taking notes. [quote]Despite its appearance, the Crimson Emperor is not a malignant creature. Its striking coloration is used to ward off predators.[/quote] "Done.." he announced softly, scooping up the sleeping familiar and opening his Satchel which he placed on the ground. [/columns] Slowly he descended inside and placed the sleeping Crimson Emperor with the Death's-Head Stag's who were quite surprised to see another creature similar to themselves. They fluttered around Newt's head before settling down next to the new arrival, eager to greet it when it awoke. "One down, two to go." Newt noted as he went to retrieve Bronwyn and the Basilisk who he also noted were now asleep. Carefully he carried them both inside and lay them on his sleeping bag to which he snugly settled himself beside. With his satchel now locked and the two charges sleeping away he tucked his head under his wing comfortably and drifted off. Tomorrow they would set out for a new venue. The Scarred Wasteland, where a whole new set of familiars lay waiting to be discovered and documented. [right][b]Beastiary Count: 65[/b][/right] ---------------------------------- [u][b]Familiar Log[/b][/u] [item=Crimson Emperor] ------------------------------------ Soooo.. I'm not sure when I picked up the Crimson Emperor in the Coliseum while I was grinding. Pretty sure I did a whole lot of grinding for it when I didn't need to. This is what I get for doing this while watching movies at the same time - windowed. Had I not gone into my hoard to move duplicates I never would have seen it. *cry* ------------------------------------ [right][b][u]Ping List[/b][/u] @Quinhwyvar @Moonlitmage @watermellon @cherryj016 @Snakefang7 @TheShadeTaken @Maddiebird @xxWolfii @Ogham @Starrlight @Kitsu @SariStar @Pippypip20 @Bluewolf123321 @Direclaw @TigerlilyParade @Nightvaled @Mashabely @HowlingGale @SilverNight104 @Petall @Immuno @Gemhydra @Valikor @Farsight @feming @Stormdragon @cyleris @Sunabi @DrZiegler @Evolution2 @xiushangirl @tigressRising @DragonWarrior333 @Krycelli @Hurricanesong[/right]
s0xai7b.png

FS1raP0.png

2016-12-1 | 23:02 FST

It had been a long day of traveling. The Bluefin Charger and
her brood were no where to be seen and Newt was partially glad not to have her causing trouble for him any longer. In her place was now a Basilisk who he had allowed to ride on his back. Bronwyn seemed especially pleased with this as he now had a playmate. His broken wing seemed better. Less pain and Newt theorized that the split could come off within the next week or so.

As they continued to head back to Newt's camp he was unaware of something inside his tent asleep on his sleeping bag.
Crimson_Emperor.png A small creature similar to the Death's-Head Stag. Ice blue with white accents and shimmering black, white and red wings. Newt and his crew pad into the camping area and he carefully set Bronwyn and his companion onto the ground offering them both something to eat while he went to inspect his sleeping area.

Confused as to what was on his sleeping bag Newt crept quietly towards it and was shocked and surprised at what he'd found. Not wanting to wake it and not wanting to risk going out to Bronwyn and the Basilisk he quickly drew his favored quill and note book and began taking notes.
Quote:
Despite its appearance, the Crimson Emperor is not a malignant creature. Its striking coloration is used to ward off predators.

"Done.." he announced softly, scooping up the sleeping familiar and opening his Satchel which he placed on the ground.

Slowly he descended inside and placed the sleeping Crimson Emperor with the Death's-Head Stag's who were quite surprised to see another creature similar to themselves. They fluttered around Newt's head before settling down next to the new arrival, eager to greet it when it awoke.

"One down, two to go." Newt noted as he went to retrieve Bronwyn and the Basilisk who he also noted were now asleep. Carefully he carried them both inside and lay them on his sleeping bag to which he snugly settled himself beside. With his satchel now locked and the two charges sleeping away he tucked his head under his wing comfortably and drifted off.

Tomorrow they would set out for a new venue. The Scarred Wasteland, where a whole new set of familiars lay waiting to be discovered and documented.

Beastiary Count: 65

Familiar Log
Crimson Emperor

Soooo.. I'm not sure when I picked up the Crimson Emperor in the Coliseum while I was grinding. Pretty sure I did a whole lot of grinding for it when I didn't need to. This is what I get for doing this while watching movies at the same time - windowed. Had I not gone into my hoard to move duplicates I never would have seen it. *cry*

tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
Please add me to the ping list, this is a treasure.
Please add me to the ping list, this is a treasure.
"one down, two to go" reminds me of newt when catching the beasts in the movie lmao
"one down, two to go" reminds me of newt when catching the beasts in the movie lmao
pleasant_comm.png
Haha. I know right.
I've got a post that I'll need to write for the Scorched Forest regarding the Moss-Covered Golem and the Zeeba since as I was trying to gather the names for the missing slots they dropped. It's about 2:30am for me here though and I've got to head to bed soon.
Haha. I know right.
I've got a post that I'll need to write for the Scorched Forest regarding the Moss-Covered Golem and the Zeeba since as I was trying to gather the names for the missing slots they dropped. It's about 2:30am for me here though and I've got to head to bed soon.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2zr4y0I.png[/img] [right][img]http://i.imgur.com/9tP36Xo.png[/img][/right] [u]2016-12-1 | 12:15 FST[/u] ---------------------------------- [indent]Newt had woken early in order to tear down the sleeping area and pack[/indent] things up for the move. His Satchel remained open as he began carrying items inside, laying them near the stairwell. Once everything was put away - save for Bronwyn and his guest, did he nudge them awake. "Bronwyn, would you and.." he just realised that he hadn't given the Basilisk a name yet. "..You and Arlow mind riding inside the Satchel today? Just until I set up camp again." he quickly added at the end. "You'll be able to come out once I reach the Scorched Forest. I'm just afraid that while I fly you'll both fall." Newt nuzzled the two familiars who seemed to be thinking what he said over. Arlow was the first to respond, giving Newt a squak before hobbling towards the Satchel. Bronwyn seemed more reluctant - almost teary eyed as he trudged after Arlow, head down. Newt felt sorry for Bronwyn but it was better this way. If anything happened to him he would never forgive himself. Once the two had disappeared inside Newt packed up the sleeping bag, carrying it downstairs and laying it out on the floor. "You two are more than welcome to continue laying on this. You can also explore down here but please make sure you don't bother the others." Newt's tone was stern. After going upstairs Newt sealed the satchel tightly and slung it over his hat and around his shoulders. With a couple powerful flaps of his wings he found himself airborn. The Woodland Path becoming smaller and smaller as he angled himself towards the Scorched Forest. As he neared it was noticbly more difficult to fly with the deep smoke that was rising from the ground below. Angling his wings he prepped a landing and skid to a soft halt on the burnt ground, kicking up ashes. All around him trees lay in ruin and Newt could see for miles. Very little was left standing and the smoke seemed to lift once on the ground though he couldn't see the sky anymore. This made the Scorched Forest look very gloomy. Ahead he noticed something peculiar. [center] [img]http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/1/1f/Zeeba.png[/img][img]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/b/be/Moss-Covered_Golem.png[/img][/center] Two creatures, one cleary in distress, the other closing in. It appeared as though the purple creature had been caught in a trap that was now enclosed around its leg. The poor thing was trying to stand and get away but the moment it tried to move it would fall. A small peg in the ground told Newt that it was teathered there. The next creature appeared cat-like. Beige and brown's gave way to a body covered in what appeared to be moss. The thudding sounds the creature made as it drew closer told Newt that this was no ordinary cat but some species of golem or animated rock creature. Although cute it didn't look very friendly and Newt readied his wand. Before he could cast a spell something peculiar happened. The golem, rather than attacking, drew open its mouth and began gnawing at the tether that bound the former in place. Unsure of whether or not it would break through Newt approached gingerly. "I don't want to hurt either of you!" He spoke softly. "I just want to help you!" The cat-like golem paused for a moment - studying Newt. It seemed hesitant as it backed away, back arched and jaw open; panting loudly. [i]'It doesn't trust me.. and rightfully so'[/i] Newt thought looking at the trap the critter was caught in. Carefully he lowered his head and opened his mouth to breath the teathers. As he did so the Golem growled and hissed but stopped the moment the purple creature was freed. It quikly hopped to its feet and began trying to bolt only to fall several times. The golem headed it off and forced it back towards Newt who was quickly throwing things out of his Satchel in search of a bandage roll he knew he kept. Finding it he moved towards the purple creature whispering soothing comments as he bound the sore leg tightly. "Don't worry" Newt cooed. "It's not broken, just sprained. Once it's wrapped up tight you'll be able to stand." He assued it, finishing the job. "Go ahead, test it out." The creature looked at Newt and then at the bandage. Then it stood. A delightful whinny told Newt he was sucessfull. He sat on his haunches and sighed. As he did so the golem made its way over to him and crawled into his lap, purring and rubbing against his clothing. "Well aren't you sweet!" he said taking a paw and gently running it down the Golems back. Newt took this time to scribble something into his notebook. [quote]During the winter months, Zeeba's grow a long, thick, woolen coat. This coat has no stripes and the Zeeba's striking coloring is obscured until late spring.[/quote] and [quote]Created by a long-lost earth clan, these golems have slumbered for thousands of years.[/quote] Just then.. [quote=Dr.Ziegler] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19290423] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/192905/19290423_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol]..----A heavily armored Wildclaw lands in front of you, doing her best (and probably failing) to not startle you or your creatures. After taking a moment to catch her breath she finally speaks, reaching into the satchel at her side. ..----"My shield-siblings and I have seen you here many times before. We always thought it was curious how you befriended the Beastclans so easily, and eventually word of your quest reached the Southern Icefield. My clan agreed that this Wintermane Bowman would probably be much happier with you, and our tailor wanted me to give you this as well." ..----She pulls a vivid Sapphire Tunic from her satchel, just as an [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=90489&tab=dragon&did=28360924]unseen mage[/url] opens a small portal just long enough for a graceful centaur to step through.[/columns][/quote] Newt looked surprsied as an Icy Wildclaw clad in Ebony apparel landed infront of him. The Moss-covered Golem he was petting quickly hid under his wing and the Zeeba made a mad dash for the other one. Newt quickly made sure both were sheltered, pressing his wings tightly against them in an attempt to close off all sides from the unknown visitor. "Hello?" Newt inquired with his wand at the ready. "What is your buisness?" Once she explained who she was and why she was here Newt put his wand away. He began chatting with her and curiously studied the threads he was being handed. Before trying them on he reassured the two familiars under either wing that the Wildclaw meant no harm. The Golem gleefully bound out from under him and rubbed itself against the Wildclaw whom Newt learned was named Sara. The Zeeba still seemed frightened so as Newt stood he swept it forwards with his wing. "These fit like a dream!" He announced with delight at the bright coloring and fine threads. "I can't thank you enou-- what is that flash of light?" As soon as it happened it was gone and standing in the lights place was a small Centaur. It strode towards Newt gracefully and whinnied up on its hind legs as if to say "That's right, I'm gorgeous" as its hair flipped over one shoulder. "She's beautiful!" Newt replied, stunned as the female centaur showed off. "I can't thank you enough for what you've done!" Just as soon as the encounter happened Newt found himself biddind adeu to Sara as she left back for her home in the Southern Icefields, but not before he gave her a hug and offered up some food which he bound in a small parchment before giving it to her. "For the return trip" he announced as she took off leaving ashes and dust in her wake. Newt turned towards the three familiars he was now standing with. "Now what am I going to do with you?" he asked outloud wondering whether or not they should be allowed to walk with him or if they should head downstairs in the Satchel to be kept safe [s](and maybe not impede him like the familiars in the Woodland Path did)[/s] [right][b]Beastiary Count: 69[/b][/right] ---------------------------------- [u][b]Familiar Log[/b][/u] [columns][item=Moss-Covered Golem] [nextcol][item=Zeeba] [nextcol][item=Extinguished Jackalope] received as gift [nextcol][item=Wintermane Bowman] receieved as gift [/columns] ------------------------------------ Please note that I still have one gift left I need to type a response for. I will do so when they come online. Until then I'm just going to put this on hold so that things don't appear out of order. ^ ^ I'll resume quickly once I have the necessary information and then I can grind for the other familiars. ------------------------------------ [right][b][u]Ping List[/b][/u] @Quinhwyvar @Moonlitmage @watermellon @cherryj016 @Snakefang7 @TheShadeTaken @Maddiebird @xxWolfii @Ogham @Starrlight @Kitsu @SariStar @Pippypip20 @Bluewolf123321 @Direclaw @TigerlilyParade @Nightvaled @Mashabely @HowlingGale @SilverNight104 @Petall @Immuno @Gemhydra @Valikor @Farsight @feming @Stormdragon @cyleris @Sunabi @DrZiegler @Evolution2 @xiushangirl @tigressRising @DragonWarrior333 @Krycelli @Hurricanesong @AsmaetheFox[/right]
2zr4y0I.png

9tP36Xo.png

2016-12-1 | 12:15 FST

Newt had woken early in order to tear down the sleeping area and pack
things up for the move. His Satchel remained open as he began carrying items inside, laying them near the stairwell. Once everything was put away - save for Bronwyn and his guest, did he nudge them awake.

"Bronwyn, would you and.." he just realised that he hadn't given the Basilisk a name yet. "..You and Arlow mind riding inside the Satchel today? Just until I set up camp again." he quickly added at the end. "You'll be able to come out once I reach the Scorched Forest. I'm just afraid that while I fly you'll both fall."

Newt nuzzled the two familiars who seemed to be thinking what he said over. Arlow was the first to respond, giving Newt a squak before hobbling towards the Satchel. Bronwyn seemed more reluctant - almost teary eyed as he trudged after Arlow, head down. Newt felt sorry for Bronwyn but it was better this way. If anything happened to him he would never forgive himself.

Once the two had disappeared inside Newt packed up the sleeping bag, carrying it downstairs and laying it out on the floor. "You two are more than welcome to continue laying on this. You can also explore down here but please make sure you don't bother the others." Newt's tone was stern.

After going upstairs Newt sealed the satchel tightly and slung it over his hat and around his shoulders. With a couple powerful flaps of his wings he found himself airborn. The Woodland Path becoming smaller and smaller as he angled himself towards the Scorched Forest. As he neared it was noticbly more difficult to fly with the deep smoke that was rising from the ground below. Angling his wings he prepped a landing and skid to a soft halt on the burnt ground, kicking up ashes. All around him trees lay in ruin and Newt could see for miles. Very little was left standing and the smoke seemed to lift once on the ground though he couldn't see the sky anymore. This made the Scorched Forest look very gloomy.

Ahead he noticed something peculiar.
Zeeba.pngMoss-Covered_Golem.png

Two creatures, one cleary in distress, the other closing in. It appeared as though the purple creature had been caught in a trap that was now enclosed around its leg. The poor thing was trying to stand and get away but the moment it tried to move it would fall. A small peg in the ground told Newt that it was teathered there.

The next creature appeared cat-like. Beige and brown's gave way to a body covered in what appeared to be moss. The thudding sounds the creature made as it drew closer told Newt that this was no ordinary cat but some species of golem or animated rock creature. Although cute it didn't look very friendly and Newt readied his wand. Before he could cast a spell something peculiar happened. The golem, rather than attacking, drew open its mouth and began gnawing at the tether that bound the former in place. Unsure of whether or not it would break through Newt approached gingerly.

"I don't want to hurt either of you!" He spoke softly. "I just want to help you!"

The cat-like golem paused for a moment - studying Newt. It seemed hesitant as it backed away, back arched and jaw open; panting loudly. 'It doesn't trust me.. and rightfully so' Newt thought looking at the trap the critter was caught in. Carefully he lowered his head and opened his mouth to breath the teathers. As he did so the Golem growled and hissed but stopped the moment the purple creature was freed. It quikly hopped to its feet and began trying to bolt only to fall several times. The golem headed it off and forced it back towards Newt who was quickly throwing things out of his Satchel in search of a bandage roll he knew he kept. Finding it he moved towards the purple creature whispering soothing comments as he bound the sore leg tightly.

"Don't worry" Newt cooed. "It's not broken, just sprained. Once it's wrapped up tight you'll be able to stand." He assued it, finishing the job. "Go ahead, test it out."

The creature looked at Newt and then at the bandage. Then it stood. A delightful whinny told Newt he was sucessfull. He sat on his haunches and sighed. As he did so the golem made its way over to him and crawled into his lap, purring and rubbing against his clothing.

"Well aren't you sweet!" he said taking a paw and gently running it down the Golems back.

Newt took this time to scribble something into his notebook.
Quote:
During the winter months, Zeeba's grow a long, thick, woolen coat. This coat has no stripes and the Zeeba's striking coloring is obscured until late spring.

and
Quote:
Created by a long-lost earth clan, these golems have slumbered for thousands of years.

Just then..
Dr.Ziegler wrote:

19290423_350.png
..----A heavily armored Wildclaw lands in front of you, doing her best (and probably failing) to not startle you or your creatures. After taking a moment to catch her breath she finally speaks, reaching into the satchel at her side.
..----"My shield-siblings and I have seen you here many times before. We always thought it was curious how you befriended the Beastclans so easily, and eventually word of your quest reached the Southern Icefield. My clan agreed that this Wintermane Bowman would probably be much happier with you, and our tailor wanted me to give you this as well."
..----She pulls a vivid Sapphire Tunic from her satchel, just as an unseen mage opens a small portal just long enough for a graceful centaur to step through.

Newt looked surprsied as an Icy Wildclaw clad in Ebony apparel landed infront of him. The Moss-covered Golem he was petting quickly hid under his wing and the Zeeba made a mad dash for the other one. Newt quickly made sure both were sheltered, pressing his wings tightly against them in an attempt to close off all sides from the unknown visitor.

"Hello?" Newt inquired with his wand at the ready. "What is your buisness?"

Once she explained who she was and why she was here Newt put his wand away. He began chatting with her and curiously studied the threads he was being handed. Before trying them on he reassured the two familiars under either wing that the Wildclaw meant no harm. The Golem gleefully bound out from under him and rubbed itself against the Wildclaw whom Newt learned was named Sara. The Zeeba still seemed frightened so as Newt stood he swept it forwards with his wing.

"These fit like a dream!" He announced with delight at the bright coloring and fine threads. "I can't thank you enou-- what is that flash of light?"

As soon as it happened it was gone and standing in the lights place was a small Centaur. It strode towards Newt gracefully and whinnied up on its hind legs as if to say "That's right, I'm gorgeous" as its hair flipped over one shoulder.

"She's beautiful!" Newt replied, stunned as the female centaur showed off. "I can't thank you enough for what you've done!"

Just as soon as the encounter happened Newt found himself biddind adeu to Sara as she left back for her home in the Southern Icefields, but not before he gave her a hug and offered up some food which he bound in a small parchment before giving it to her.

"For the return trip" he announced as she took off leaving ashes and dust in her wake.

Newt turned towards the three familiars he was now standing with. "Now what am I going to do with you?" he asked outloud wondering whether or not they should be allowed to walk with him or if they should head downstairs in the Satchel to be kept safe (and maybe not impede him like the familiars in the Woodland Path did)

Beastiary Count: 69

Familiar Log
Moss-Covered Golem Zeeba Extinguished Jackalope
received as gift
Wintermane Bowman
receieved as gift

Please note that I still have one gift left I need to type a response for. I will do so when they come online. Until then I'm just going to put this on hold so that things don't appear out of order. ^ ^ I'll resume quickly once I have the necessary information and then I can grind for the other familiars.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/2zr4y0I.png[/img] [right][img]http://i.imgur.com/9tP36Xo.png[/img][/right] [u]2016-12-1 | 13:10 FST[/u] ---------------------------------- [indent]"Settle down, Settle down" Newt chided[/indent] at the three familiars who were now running around playing with one another. [i]At least the Zeeba's leg isn't bothering it anymore.[/i] Newt thought while watching them run around one another. He decided that for now he wouldn't ask them to head inside the Satchel just yet. Mostly because he didn't think Bronwyn or Arlow would appreciate such high energy, rambunctious, familiars running amok inside. He'd have to make sure there was a similar place constructed inside for these little ones which was going to take some time. He noted that he'd begin working on it once everyone was asleep. "Come on then, but stay close!" he mouthed to them as he trudged forwards. The ground below felt different than the Woodland Path's and so he had to get used to his paws leaving dust trails behind him. He also felt like he was beginning to become a "mother hen." All was quiet for some-time while he searched for the perfect place to set up camp. Somewhere flat, away from smoldering trees which seemed impossible, and clear. After traveling for 30 minutes Newt suddenly felt like he was being watched. This feeling was increased when the Moss-Covered Golem arched its back and began hissing at seemingly nothing. For a split second Newt thought he saw something glinting in the distance behind one of the smoldering trunks. However, too much smoke remained in the air and it was impossible to tell whether or not he had spotted another dragon or if his mind was playing tricks on him. [columns]Again, a glint of light flashed and this time Newt was sure it wasn't just his mind playing tricks on him. Wait.. was that flash of light getting closer? Why did it look like it was coming from all directions at once? Fwooossshhh! A brightly colored seafoam dragon skid to a halt right in-front of his face. The ash and soot made its way into his mouth since he stupidly left it open. He coughed for a moment, spitting black onto the ground before squinting to get a glimpse of whom had appeared in front of him. "Oh thank goodness I've found you!" She seemed happy enough and for some reason, wasn't even tired for the amount of distance she'd closed between them so quickly. Newt could make out her glimmering wings along her elongated body. He noted she appeared somewhat snake like. He couldn't see her face but her bright green eyes shone though the mask she wore that was ebbed with luxurious feathers and beads. "I'm Serimir from the Clan of Bamboo Kites." she mused as he cleared the soot from his mouth. "Pleased to meet you Mr. Scamander." [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24069402] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/240695/24069402_350.png[/img] [/url][/columns] "Like-wise. I see I need no introduction, but these are my charges" He quickly looked around for them only to find that Serimir's shining scales had drawn them to her quite quickly. "I'm no stranger to adventure or familiars" she dug her claws into the earth below before coiling her body up to sit. "Which is why I'm here. I found this little one wandering alone, crying and thought that maybe.. you could help?" Newt nodded his head as she produced a small looking rabbit with horns from behind her. "I've named him Krampus" after his long horns and bright orange eyes. "Sadly I can't take him with me." She nudged Krampus over to Newt who studied him curiously. He then hopped into Newts lap wiggling his nose. The moss-covered golem seemed quite displeased with this and also tried to make its way into his lap. [columns][img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150823010419/flightrising/images/thumb/5/57/Extinguished_Jackalope.png/130px-0,200,3,180-Extinguished_Jackalope.png[/img] [nextcol]"Now, now, there's room enough for both of you" he chuckled before looking back at Serimir who nod her head in approval. "Before you go... there's a matter of finding a place to stay?" he asked her. "Oh that's an easy one! I came across the perfect place in my travels, follow me!"[/columns] The two traveled together for another 30 minutes before Serimir paused at a section of the Forest that seemed to still be intact. The ground was still barren but the stumps seemed to breathe with new life as tiny spouts were poking out from little ringlets. "Whenever I pass through here this is my favorite place to stop and rest." "Thank-you very much" Newt mused every grateful as he set his things down. "I really must be off now. Places to travel and other dragons to meet!" she tipped her head to him and pushed herself powerfully off into the air. Newt watched her 'noodle' across the sky before she disappeared into the thick smoke that hid her from view. Now it was only a matter of setting up camp, taking care of the Zeeba, Moss-Covered Golem, Wintermane Bowman and now the Extinguished Jackalope before being able to set off and do some more exploring. Newt noted that he had his work cut out for him this time. [right][b]Beastiary Count: 69[/b][/right] ---------------------------------- [u][b]Familiar Log[/b][/u] [columns][item=Extinguished Jackalope] received as gift ------------------------------------ [right][b][u]Ping List[/b][/u] @Quinhwyvar @Moonlitmage @watermellon @cherryj016 @Snakefang7 @TheShadeTaken @Maddiebird @xxWolfii @Ogham @Starrlight @Kitsu @SariStar @Pippypip20 @Bluewolf123321 @Direclaw @TigerlilyParade @Nightvaled @Mashabely @HowlingGale @SilverNight104 @Petall @Immuno @Gemhydra @Valikor @Farsight @feming @Stormdragon @cyleris @Sunabi @DrZiegler @Evolution2 @xiushangirl @tigressRising @DragonWarrior333 @Krycelli @Hurricanesong @AsmaetheFox [/right]
2zr4y0I.png

9tP36Xo.png

2016-12-1 | 13:10 FST

"Settle down, Settle down" Newt chided
at the three familiars who were now running around playing with one another.

At least the Zeeba's leg isn't bothering it anymore. Newt thought while watching them run around one another. He decided that for now he wouldn't ask them to head inside the Satchel just yet. Mostly because he didn't think Bronwyn or Arlow would appreciate such high energy, rambunctious, familiars running amok inside. He'd have to make sure there was a similar place constructed inside for these little ones which was going to take some time. He noted that he'd begin working on it once everyone was asleep.

"Come on then, but stay close!" he mouthed to them as he trudged forwards. The ground below felt different than the Woodland Path's and so he had to get used to his paws leaving dust trails behind him. He also felt like he was beginning to become a "mother hen."

All was quiet for some-time while he searched for the perfect place to set up camp. Somewhere flat, away from smoldering trees which seemed impossible, and clear. After traveling for 30 minutes Newt suddenly felt like he was being watched. This feeling was increased when the Moss-Covered Golem arched its back and began hissing at seemingly nothing.

For a split second Newt thought he saw something glinting in the distance behind one of the smoldering trunks. However, too much smoke remained in the air and it was impossible to tell whether or not he had spotted another dragon or if his mind was playing tricks on him.
Again, a glint of light flashed and this time Newt was sure it wasn't just his mind playing tricks on him. Wait.. was that flash of light getting closer? Why did it look like it was coming from all directions at once?

Fwooossshhh!

A brightly colored seafoam dragon skid to a halt right in-front of his face. The ash and soot made its way into his mouth since he stupidly left it open. He coughed for a moment, spitting black onto the ground before squinting to get a glimpse of whom had appeared in front of him.

"Oh thank goodness I've found you!"

She seemed happy enough and for some reason, wasn't even tired for the amount of distance she'd closed between them so quickly. Newt could make out her glimmering wings along her elongated body. He noted she appeared somewhat snake like. He couldn't see her face but her bright green eyes shone though the mask she wore that was ebbed with luxurious feathers and beads.

"I'm Serimir from the Clan of Bamboo Kites." she mused as he cleared the soot from his mouth. "Pleased to meet you Mr. Scamander."

24069402_350.png

"Like-wise. I see I need no introduction, but these are my charges" He quickly looked around for them only to find that Serimir's shining scales had drawn them to her quite quickly.

"I'm no stranger to adventure or familiars" she dug her claws into the earth below before coiling her body up to sit. "Which is why I'm here. I found this little one wandering alone, crying and thought that maybe.. you could help?"

Newt nodded his head as she produced a small looking rabbit with horns from behind her.

"I've named him Krampus" after his long horns and bright orange eyes. "Sadly I can't take him with me." She nudged Krampus over to Newt who studied him curiously. He then hopped into Newts lap wiggling his nose.

The moss-covered golem seemed quite displeased with this and also tried to make its way into his lap.
130px-0,200,3,180-Extinguished_Jackalope.png
"Now, now, there's room enough for both of you" he chuckled before looking back at Serimir who nod her head in approval. "Before you go... there's a matter of finding a place to stay?" he asked her.

"Oh that's an easy one! I came across the perfect place in my travels, follow me!"

The two traveled together for another 30 minutes before Serimir paused at a section of the Forest that seemed to still be intact. The ground was still barren but the stumps seemed to breathe with new life as tiny spouts were poking out from little ringlets.

"Whenever I pass through here this is my favorite place to stop and rest."

"Thank-you very much" Newt mused every grateful as he set his things down.

"I really must be off now. Places to travel and other dragons to meet!" she tipped her head to him and pushed herself powerfully off into the air.

Newt watched her 'noodle' across the sky before she disappeared into the thick smoke that hid her from view. Now it was only a matter of setting up camp, taking care of the Zeeba, Moss-Covered Golem, Wintermane Bowman and now the Extinguished Jackalope before being able to set off and do some more exploring. Newt noted that he had his work cut out for him this time.

Beastiary Count: 69

Familiar Log
Extinguished Jackalope
received as gift

@Boolean
This is really a lot of fun to read! I'm looking forward to the next installment.
@Boolean
This is really a lot of fun to read! I'm looking forward to the next installment.
>
tumblr_oh6risLJAT1vfeckzo5_r3_250.png oh look
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
"Noodle" across the sky xD
"Noodle" across the sky xD
ink2.png 20
fr+0
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14