Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Expensive Hobbies
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Old gaming consoles and games for them ;w; I have an long term goal to collect every single gaming console and at least some games for them. Haven't been able to continue on that front full force in years thanks to being an student, in a country that keeps cutting your cash every month. I also now need to possibly fully refurbish my old NES console and help my brother with SNES and SEGA consoles and oh boy will that cost ._.

I'm super happy that we had an store open near me that specializes in these old consoles only, but man do they know what they have and the prices say it all.. Boxed games, fully MINT consoles and games, old advertisement posters and stands... They got a ton of stuff and I cry inside a lot when ever I go to that store because I want to touch everything and buy at least something every time ;3;

Maybe one day I can buy one of their boxed golden The Legend of Zelda cartridges for NES... One day for sure...
Old gaming consoles and games for them ;w; I have an long term goal to collect every single gaming console and at least some games for them. Haven't been able to continue on that front full force in years thanks to being an student, in a country that keeps cutting your cash every month. I also now need to possibly fully refurbish my old NES console and help my brother with SNES and SEGA consoles and oh boy will that cost ._.

I'm super happy that we had an store open near me that specializes in these old consoles only, but man do they know what they have and the prices say it all.. Boxed games, fully MINT consoles and games, old advertisement posters and stands... They got a ton of stuff and I cry inside a lot when ever I go to that store because I want to touch everything and buy at least something every time ;3;

Maybe one day I can buy one of their boxed golden The Legend of Zelda cartridges for NES... One day for sure...
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
Books! I love to read, and I read a LOT when I can, so a lot of my money gets thrown out for new books and comics.

Also, plushies! I love stuffed animals, especially hand-made and custom ones, as well as pokemon plushies which I have to import from Japan most of the time. I try to tone it down a bit and I don't buy stuffed animals all the time (though I did buy way too many the past few months, haha ...), but it's definitely something that eats up quite a lot of money.
Books! I love to read, and I read a LOT when I can, so a lot of my money gets thrown out for new books and comics.

Also, plushies! I love stuffed animals, especially hand-made and custom ones, as well as pokemon plushies which I have to import from Japan most of the time. I try to tone it down a bit and I don't buy stuffed animals all the time (though I did buy way too many the past few months, haha ...), but it's definitely something that eats up quite a lot of money.
iIrk1Wj.png
Limited Hyperdimension Neptunia things :p But I'm not worse than my bf for that though, hah
Limited Hyperdimension Neptunia things :p But I'm not worse than my bf for that though, hah
I'd woken up early, and I took a long time getting ready to exist. - Bernardo Soares/Fernando Pessoa
I started rock collecting more seriously recently and have been to two shows where I've probably spent around 200 dollars between the two of them adding to my collection. The pieces aren't that expensive by themselves but they do add up quickly and before you realize it you've spent more than you said you would because you just had to have that last piece you saw. It's very addicting
I started rock collecting more seriously recently and have been to two shows where I've probably spent around 200 dollars between the two of them adding to my collection. The pieces aren't that expensive by themselves but they do add up quickly and before you realize it you've spent more than you said you would because you just had to have that last piece you saw. It's very addicting
water-banner-3_zpspqe7dfz3.gif

Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
End corruption now
Definitely keeping aquariums!
Definitely keeping aquariums!
Cardfight!! Vanguard card collector here. Spent roughly $200 on my current deck which is composed of 50 cards and most are second hand. I honestly don't know how many I have and how much these are in total but the card binders are piling up. I also collect Monster Hunter figures, pokemon figures and video games someone save me
Cardfight!! Vanguard card collector here. Spent roughly $200 on my current deck which is composed of 50 cards and most are second hand. I honestly don't know how many I have and how much these are in total but the card binders are piling up. I also collect Monster Hunter figures, pokemon figures and video games someone save me
m59NfS2.png
Crochet. Yarn can get so expensive and it pains me. There are so many lovely things I want to make, but when I need a ton of yarn for over project, it can definitely add up!
Crochet. Yarn can get so expensive and it pains me. There are so many lovely things I want to make, but when I need a ton of yarn for over project, it can definitely add up!
Ball-jointed dolls. Due to the high labor involved with their production and the fact that every single item must be made in miniature (clothes, wigs, eyes, shoes, props), they're expensive out the wazoo. If you intend to alter the dolls yourselves (paint or mod them), that takes sets of equipment that are expensive in themselves.

BJDs themselves fly up into the triple digits EASY. Some go for thousands. I maybe buy bjd supplies about twice a year. Like forget my life ok
Ball-jointed dolls. Due to the high labor involved with their production and the fact that every single item must be made in miniature (clothes, wigs, eyes, shoes, props), they're expensive out the wazoo. If you intend to alter the dolls yourselves (paint or mod them), that takes sets of equipment that are expensive in themselves.

BJDs themselves fly up into the triple digits EASY. Some go for thousands. I maybe buy bjd supplies about twice a year. Like forget my life ok
an expensive hobby is taxidermy, just the skins of the animals can cost a lot if you want to buy these

also my dragon figurines aren't really that cheap lmao
an expensive hobby is taxidermy, just the skins of the animals can cost a lot if you want to buy these

also my dragon figurines aren't really that cheap lmao
78785735_aPf7MC3aS69673X.png78785727_QC7kJPmjHp3H8un.png78785724_4fPJQ8YrrspBjHn.png78785712_uvb98SpA7taC82P.png
Pokemon (Cards, games, and plushes), vulture culture, manga collecting, and by far the most wallet-draining... Horseback riding and model horse collecting. I've bought $1000+ plastic ponies before and antique stores around the bluegrass sure doesn't help my collecting frenzy. Someone send help

I used to have a huge collection of amiibos as well but sold em off to fund getting Sun/Moon
Pokemon (Cards, games, and plushes), vulture culture, manga collecting, and by far the most wallet-draining... Horseback riding and model horse collecting. I've bought $1000+ plastic ponies before and antique stores around the bluegrass sure doesn't help my collecting frenzy. Someone send help

I used to have a huge collection of amiibos as well but sold em off to fund getting Sun/Moon
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15