Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 304 305 306 307 308 ... 592 593
Hello :) I was told to report this here, rather than in the bug report

I admit, I use ad blocker. I'm sorry, but 90% of ads seriously slow my computer.

For one day, I allowed ads on Flight Rising only, and then ran a virus scan. I wound up with 24 tracking cookies from the ads. All from the ads on this site. I don't know if this qualifies as a bug, but it's something that needs to be told to the devs, or admins. At the time I was using the lates version of Chrome (If that helps)

I admit, I use ad blocker. I'm sorry, but 90% of ads seriously slow my computer.

For one day, I allowed ads on Flight Rising only, and then ran a virus scan. I wound up with 24 tracking cookies from the ads. All from the ads on this site. I don't know if this qualifies as a bug, but it's something that needs to be told to the devs, or admins. At the time I was using the lates version of Chrome (If that helps)
H5oS9j0.png
Please ping me even if you're not interested in the dragons I show you :)
told that it would be helpful to try and post in the advertising report thread: this happens every 30 minutes or so, i cleared my cache+history and did a malware scan which came up with nothing. after doing so, its still happening [img]http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah267/FretfulSardines/Screen%20Shot%202016-11-13%20at%206.03.59%20PM_zps7cfazl1n.png[/img] it only appears to be on fr, and im running chrome on a mac
told that it would be helpful to try and post in the advertising report thread:

this happens every 30 minutes or so, i cleared my cache+history and did a malware scan which came up with nothing. after doing so, its still happening

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-13%20at%206.03.59%20PM_zps7cfazl1n.png

it only appears to be on fr, and im running chrome on a mac
[quote name="FretfulSardines" date=2016-11-13 16:16:37] told that it would be helpful to try and post in the advertising report thread: this happens every 30 minutes or so, i cleared my cache+history and did a malware scan which came up with nothing. after doing so, its still happening [img]http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah267/FretfulSardines/Screen%20Shot%202016-11-13%20at%206.03.59%20PM_zps7cfazl1n.png[/img] it only appears to be on fr, and im running chrome on a mac [/quote] Can you get a larger screenshot of that? Also as of about 2 minutes ago, the ad network arrangement has been changed.
FretfulSardines wrote on 2016-11-13:
told that it would be helpful to try and post in the advertising report thread:

this happens every 30 minutes or so, i cleared my cache+history and did a malware scan which came up with nothing. after doing so, its still happening

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-13%20at%206.03.59%20PM_zps7cfazl1n.png

it only appears to be on fr, and im running chrome on a mac

Can you get a larger screenshot of that?

Also as of about 2 minutes ago, the ad network arrangement has been changed.
[quote name="Enenica" date=2016-11-11 13:21:39] Hello :) I was told to report this here, rather than in the bug report I admit, I use ad blocker. I'm sorry, but 90% of ads seriously slow my computer. For one day, I allowed ads on Flight Rising only, and then ran a virus scan. I wound up with 24 tracking cookies from the ads. All from the ads on this site. I don't know if this qualifies as a bug, but it's something that needs to be told to the devs, or admins. At the time I was using the lates version of Chrome (If that helps) [/quote] Tracking cookies are not a bug. "Tracking cookies" when reported by a virus scan are just to scare you and they do nothing harmful. At worst you might see the same ad repeatedly because you've clicked on it somewhere in the last week. You can wipe out the cookies or even opt-out of tracking for most of them. The point of advertisement cookies is mainly to serve you ads that are relevant, but if you wipe out the cookies frequently then it sees a "new" person and might start over with irrelevant ads.
Enenica wrote on 2016-11-11:

Tracking cookies are not a bug. "Tracking cookies" when reported by a virus scan are just to scare you and they do nothing harmful. At worst you might see the same ad repeatedly because you've clicked on it somewhere in the last week. You can wipe out the cookies or even opt-out of tracking for most of them. The point of advertisement cookies is mainly to serve you ads that are relevant, but if you wipe out the cookies frequently then it sees a "new" person and might start over with irrelevant ads.

[quote name="Snowwall" date=2016-11-09 18:19:57] @Wonderlast That just might be a virus. FR doesn't generally link words to ads, not that I've noticed ;) [/quote] That is something typically known as "skimlinks" and we don't use it. Hiveworks does not permit: - ads that change the page content (all ads are to remain inside their designated ad containers) - ads that break out of their containers - ads that play video* or audio automatically - ads that create interstitials (commonly referred to as redirects around when they misbehave) * video ads come in more than one kind, but the kind I'm referring to are the ones that play audio or require flash. As the ad units are setup in a way that flash is disabled. Flight Rising does not have a 300x250 ad unit, so no video ads should exist.
Snowwall wrote on 2016-11-09:
@Wonderlast
That just might be a virus. FR doesn't generally link words to ads, not that I've noticed ;)

That is something typically known as "skimlinks" and we don't use it.

Hiveworks does not permit:
- ads that change the page content (all ads are to remain inside their designated ad containers)
- ads that break out of their containers
- ads that play video* or audio automatically
- ads that create interstitials (commonly referred to as redirects around when they misbehave)

* video ads come in more than one kind, but the kind I'm referring to are the ones that play audio or require flash. As the ad units are setup in a way that flash is disabled. Flight Rising does not have a 300x250 ad unit, so no video ads should exist.

Not sure if this is reportable but for the last few weeks the ad banner on the side of the screen keeps showing these little complex video ads. Normally it wouldn't be an issue but the problem is that 1: Every time one of them shows up, they lag my browser so badly that it freezes completely and i have to close it through the task manager, 2: I do a lot of scrying workshop stuff that requires me to have multiple tabs open at once, and the more of those ads show up the worse the lagging and freezing effect gets(To the point where i can't even scroll down the page), and 3: They seem to be the ONLY kind of ads that ever appear anymore.
Not sure if this is reportable but for the last few weeks the ad banner on the side of the screen keeps showing these little complex video ads. Normally it wouldn't be an issue but the problem is that 1: Every time one of them shows up, they lag my browser so badly that it freezes completely and i have to close it through the task manager, 2: I do a lot of scrying workshop stuff that requires me to have multiple tabs open at once, and the more of those ads show up the worse the lagging and freezing effect gets(To the point where i can't even scroll down the page), and 3: They seem to be the ONLY kind of ads that ever appear anymore.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
The "Tip 2 enjoy" add has a long running video which lags my computer badly, it also displays sideways, so I'm only seeing part of it in the skyscraper, most of it is invisible. I appears mostly in my messaging center, but today it froze up Tomo and I had to close my browser and reopen to finish her questions.

This add made trick or treating very hard. I'm disappointing to find it freezing other parts of the site, especially since I can;t even see the whole video.
The "Tip 2 enjoy" add has a long running video which lags my computer badly, it also displays sideways, so I'm only seeing part of it in the skyscraper, most of it is invisible. I appears mostly in my messaging center, but today it froze up Tomo and I had to close my browser and reopen to finish her questions.

This add made trick or treating very hard. I'm disappointing to find it freezing other parts of the site, especially since I can;t even see the whole video.
lifebanner500x100_copy_by_brushtail_thegreat-dc4w15c.gif
I have been getting Victoria's Secret ads showing up. This started happening this time last year .
I have been getting Victoria's Secret ads showing up. This started happening this time last year .
9J9ABDl.jpg
This ad has been eating up bandwidth, freezing my browser, and it isn't even formatted correctly to view in the space provided: http://content.tomyvid.com/300x250_ih_video_content_tip2go_London_60sec_v4-mute_jun15.mp4
This ad has been eating up bandwidth, freezing my browser, and it isn't even formatted correctly to view in the space provided: http://content.tomyvid.com/300x250_ih_video_content_tip2go_London_60sec_v4-mute_jun15.mp4
tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo2_75sq.gifWe have nothing to fear but fear itself...tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo2_75sq.gif

We've made a few adjustments to the ad chain. Please continue to report any inappropriate ads or ads that are breaking the site.
We've made a few adjustments to the ad chain. Please continue to report any inappropriate ads or ads that are breaking the site.
1 2 ... 304 305 306 307 308 ... 592 593