Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private with Veretix
1 2
@Veretix

Coincidentally enough, we are also very close to the Starfall Isles. It appears our clans are located at nearly opposite ends of the Starwood Strand!

I was going to bring that up too! I've yet to actually see a bogsneak, but from what I've heard it seems they have different numbers and kinds of crests among themselves. This could certainly make interspecies crest communication more difficult, and even within the bogsneak species between individuals who have few crests and those who have many. I don't know in what ways bogsneaks use their crests, so I do not know how similar or different they are to fae or coatl crests.

What about breeds like snappers? Or other dragons who don't have any particularly nimble body parts, especially hands?
And thank you, I look forward to seeing those!
@Veretix

Coincidentally enough, we are also very close to the Starfall Isles. It appears our clans are located at nearly opposite ends of the Starwood Strand!

I was going to bring that up too! I've yet to actually see a bogsneak, but from what I've heard it seems they have different numbers and kinds of crests among themselves. This could certainly make interspecies crest communication more difficult, and even within the bogsneak species between individuals who have few crests and those who have many. I don't know in what ways bogsneaks use their crests, so I do not know how similar or different they are to fae or coatl crests.

What about breeds like snappers? Or other dragons who don't have any particularly nimble body parts, especially hands?
And thank you, I look forward to seeing those!
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
@qwigoqwaga (So sorry for the late response.)

That's exciting! Maybe one day you can come visit us. The rest of the clan is quite friendly and many of them are crafters or artisans in some way.

The number and size do put a damper on any sort of straight forward communication possibilities. Our work never seems to be easy due to these facts. Perhaps one day you can meet a bogsneak and ask it what the crest is used for.

The signs can be made with whole hand motions as well. They don't have any sort of small dexterous motion to them, so fingers are not necessary. They may come out looking a little weird due to how broad the motions are, though.

This is what I found for my species signs. Unfortunately it is not fully complete, and some of the signs are err...rather sexist (sorry female Guardians). Any help in filling in the missing spots, or changing signs would be most welcome.

Species Signs:

Fae- Hands help parallel upwards, arc them down (looks like their crests)
Tundra-
Guardian-Hand to the chin and move it down (it's the beard)
Mirror- Pull hands in a V shape while keeping the fingers closed (if the dragon has fingers. symbolises their crests)
Ridgeback- Hand to the nose and pull out
Spiral- Spiral hand motion downward and add an arrow shape at the end
Pearlcatcher- Move hands up and down (throwing and catching the "pearl". Though I doubt pearlcatchers will willingly throw their pearls.)
Snapper-
Skydancer- Draw an oval in the air, add lines from the top sides for female, and four for male
Bogsneak-
Imperial- Draw a branched horn in the air
Nocturne-
Wildclaw-
Coatl-
@qwigoqwaga (So sorry for the late response.)

That's exciting! Maybe one day you can come visit us. The rest of the clan is quite friendly and many of them are crafters or artisans in some way.

The number and size do put a damper on any sort of straight forward communication possibilities. Our work never seems to be easy due to these facts. Perhaps one day you can meet a bogsneak and ask it what the crest is used for.

The signs can be made with whole hand motions as well. They don't have any sort of small dexterous motion to them, so fingers are not necessary. They may come out looking a little weird due to how broad the motions are, though.

This is what I found for my species signs. Unfortunately it is not fully complete, and some of the signs are err...rather sexist (sorry female Guardians). Any help in filling in the missing spots, or changing signs would be most welcome.

Species Signs:

Fae- Hands help parallel upwards, arc them down (looks like their crests)
Tundra-
Guardian-Hand to the chin and move it down (it's the beard)
Mirror- Pull hands in a V shape while keeping the fingers closed (if the dragon has fingers. symbolises their crests)
Ridgeback- Hand to the nose and pull out
Spiral- Spiral hand motion downward and add an arrow shape at the end
Pearlcatcher- Move hands up and down (throwing and catching the "pearl". Though I doubt pearlcatchers will willingly throw their pearls.)
Snapper-
Skydancer- Draw an oval in the air, add lines from the top sides for female, and four for male
Bogsneak-
Imperial- Draw a branched horn in the air
Nocturne-
Wildclaw-
Coatl-
HzGpUHb.png
1 2