Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, October 2016
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 82 83
[quote name="Terhothyl" date=2016-10-06 17:48:46] @KrazeeKarma Giving zero tinctures to players with dragons below level 10 and potentially dozens of tinctures to players with lots of high-level dragons is so deeply unfair when the actual tinctures themselves are worth a set amount of treasure. That's tantamount to arguing that people who already have a higher coli earning potential should get things for free, while players with new coli teams or players who haven't been able to use coli without key bindings up until now (which is the reason for this update, PS) should have to pay the jacked-up sniper prices instead. No. I doubt you'll know what the ideal build is for a dragon with the new agility stat off the bat, anyway, so you won't need to buy them on day one. No one will be forcing you to tincture your other dragons. People who want the tinctures for their main coli team will get the benefit of having them, people who want to retincture seven billion dragons on the spur of the moment can fund that process themselves, and people who don't use coli can sell their tinctures for a small one-time cash boost to someone that wants them and be done with it. Which, by the way, will make tincture prices go down, rather than up, since there will be more sellers trying to undercut each other. Everyone gets 1 coli team's worth of tinctures. Fair. [/quote] Wow! Rather mean spirited response, I think. I gave a suggestion, I don't deserve this! (and for those that think my skin is too thin, read the code of conduct).
Terhothyl wrote on 2016-10-06:
@KrazeeKarma

Giving zero tinctures to players with dragons below level 10 and potentially dozens of tinctures to players with lots of high-level dragons is so deeply unfair when the actual tinctures themselves are worth a set amount of treasure. That's tantamount to arguing that people who already have a higher coli earning potential should get things for free, while players with new coli teams or players who haven't been able to use coli without key bindings up until now (which is the reason for this update, PS) should have to pay the jacked-up sniper prices instead.

No. I doubt you'll know what the ideal build is for a dragon with the new agility stat off the bat, anyway, so you won't need to buy them on day one. No one will be forcing you to tincture your other dragons.

People who want the tinctures for their main coli team will get the benefit of having them, people who want to retincture seven billion dragons on the spur of the moment can fund that process themselves, and people who don't use coli can sell their tinctures for a small one-time cash boost to someone that wants them and be done with it. Which, by the way, will make tincture prices go down, rather than up, since there will be more sellers trying to undercut each other.

Everyone gets 1 coli team's worth of tinctures. Fair.

Wow! Rather mean spirited response, I think. I gave a suggestion, I don't deserve this! (and for those that think my skin is too thin, read the code of conduct).
Fnw48LX.png
yey
yey
I think all dragons should have their points reset. No tinctures, no gaining treasure with tinctures, just equal fairness all around. Apparently from the discussion here; people are unhappy with the (only 3) tinctures for their dragons and, unhappy with coli dominant people having more. If all dragons are reset at the launch, everyone wins, no one gains and everyone (apparently) would be happy. Come on Flight Rising, be fair to all!
I think all dragons should have their points reset. No tinctures, no gaining treasure with tinctures, just equal fairness all around. Apparently from the discussion here; people are unhappy with the (only 3) tinctures for their dragons and, unhappy with coli dominant people having more. If all dragons are reset at the launch, everyone wins, no one gains and everyone (apparently) would be happy. Come on Flight Rising, be fair to all!
[quote name="KrazeeKarma" date=2016-10-06 19:18:36] [quote name="Terhothyl" date=2016-10-06 17:48:46] @KrazeeKarma Giving zero tinctures to players with dragons below level 10 and potentially dozens of tinctures to players with lots of high-level dragons is so deeply unfair when the actual tinctures themselves are worth a set amount of treasure. That's tantamount to arguing that people who already have a higher coli earning potential should get things for free, while players with new coli teams or players who haven't been able to use coli without key bindings up until now (which is the reason for this update, PS) should have to pay the jacked-up sniper prices instead. No. I doubt you'll know what the ideal build is for a dragon with the new agility stat off the bat, anyway, so you won't need to buy them on day one. No one will be forcing you to tincture your other dragons. People who want the tinctures for their main coli team will get the benefit of having them, people who want to retincture seven billion dragons on the spur of the moment can fund that process themselves, and people who don't use coli can sell their tinctures for a small one-time cash boost to someone that wants them and be done with it. Which, by the way, will make tincture prices go down, rather than up, since there will be more sellers trying to undercut each other. Everyone gets 1 coli team's worth of tinctures. Fair. [/quote] Wow! Rather mean spirited response, I think. I gave a suggestion, I don't deserve this! (and for those that think my skin is too thin, read the code of conduct). [/quote] I don't see how this response is against the code of conduct or mean-spirited. It was respectful and constructive, they didn't attack you. People are allowed to disagree with you and bring up supporting points for their case.
KrazeeKarma wrote on 2016-10-06:
Terhothyl wrote on 2016-10-06:
@KrazeeKarma

Giving zero tinctures to players with dragons below level 10 and potentially dozens of tinctures to players with lots of high-level dragons is so deeply unfair when the actual tinctures themselves are worth a set amount of treasure. That's tantamount to arguing that people who already have a higher coli earning potential should get things for free, while players with new coli teams or players who haven't been able to use coli without key bindings up until now (which is the reason for this update, PS) should have to pay the jacked-up sniper prices instead.

No. I doubt you'll know what the ideal build is for a dragon with the new agility stat off the bat, anyway, so you won't need to buy them on day one. No one will be forcing you to tincture your other dragons.

People who want the tinctures for their main coli team will get the benefit of having them, people who want to retincture seven billion dragons on the spur of the moment can fund that process themselves, and people who don't use coli can sell their tinctures for a small one-time cash boost to someone that wants them and be done with it. Which, by the way, will make tincture prices go down, rather than up, since there will be more sellers trying to undercut each other.

Everyone gets 1 coli team's worth of tinctures. Fair.

Wow! Rather mean spirited response, I think. I gave a suggestion, I don't deserve this! (and for those that think my skin is too thin, read the code of conduct).

I don't see how this response is against the code of conduct or mean-spirited. It was respectful and constructive, they didn't attack you. People are allowed to disagree with you and bring up supporting points for their case.
I really look forward to that coli update :'D
I really look forward to that coli update :'D
fellefansigadopts1.gifartshopN.png
_
F E L L E F A N
call me Fella
Artist | 25 | +9h | he/she
• Dragonsona
• DeviantArt
• Linktree
• Speedpaints
• Characters______________
my-emblem-sig.png
Excited to recruit my friends for the game :D
Excited to recruit my friends for the game :D
[quote name="Blueegil" date=2016-10-06 21:32:08] I think all dragons should have their points reset. No tinctures, no gaining treasure with tinctures, just equal fairness all around. Apparently from the discussion here; people are unhappy with the (only 3) tinctures for their dragons and, unhappy with coli dominant people having more. If all dragons are reset at the launch, everyone wins, no one gains and everyone (apparently) would be happy. Come on Flight Rising, be fair to all! [/quote] But what about those that don't want their dragons reset? I certainly don't want my main team to just be reset without my permission. I'll wait and see how the changes affect fights first and then decide if I want to re-stat my team or not.
Blueegil wrote on 2016-10-06:

But what about those that don't want their dragons reset? I certainly don't want my main team to just be reset without my permission. I'll wait and see how the changes affect fights first and then decide if I want to re-stat my team or not.
Brown River Recluse Queen of the River Spider Army Grey River Jumper
Two years hard work building the perfect fighting force, because that is one of the things the game is about, but I can throw that all in the toilet now. Oh and the projects I had planned? Now I have to save and spend all of my money on tinctures, so I can just blow those off too. Hey admins? Anything else you're planning on "fixing". I don't want to waste anymore time here!
But while we're fixing things that a lot of us don't think need fixing, how about these:
In two tears of battling, I have yet to win a high level familiar. How many war toads does one have to kill?
Why have a special chest drop, only to have 200 treasure in it? Put something worth opening in them!
Make the Twice-Dyed Cowl available again!
Two years hard work building the perfect fighting force, because that is one of the things the game is about, but I can throw that all in the toilet now. Oh and the projects I had planned? Now I have to save and spend all of my money on tinctures, so I can just blow those off too. Hey admins? Anything else you're planning on "fixing". I don't want to waste anymore time here!
But while we're fixing things that a lot of us don't think need fixing, how about these:
In two tears of battling, I have yet to win a high level familiar. How many war toads does one have to kill?
Why have a special chest drop, only to have 200 treasure in it? Put something worth opening in them!
Make the Twice-Dyed Cowl available again!
Fnw48LX.png
Admins haven't said one way or the other, but there is a chance the tinctures might be clan bound (like the scatter scrolls given out near the beginning of the game when they had to fix a bad glitch with them) and can't be sold or traded.

But I don't want my coli teams stats reset until I've seen how battling works with the changes.
Admins haven't said one way or the other, but there is a chance the tinctures might be clan bound (like the scatter scrolls given out near the beginning of the game when they had to fix a bad glitch with them) and can't be sold or traded.

But I don't want my coli teams stats reset until I've seen how battling works with the changes.
Redbubble---Etsy---Ko-Fi
Instagram: BittyKittyCreates --- Facebook: BittyKitty Creates
The camp buff seems very reasonable.
The camp buff seems very reasonable.
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 82 83