Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, October 2016
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
:)
:)
Hello there. you may call me Lacy, I raise goats...
!
!
jtb7ed.jpg
How keyboard shortcuts are supposed to increase Coli accessibility if captcha doesn't have an option to pass it with keys or audio+keys? :/ Also everyone who wants to bot is botting for 3 years already. This problem is a lot more complex than just preventing the access to page elements through key pressing. The Coli fights have very simple logic that can be easily scripted by anyone, and canvas doesn't prevent botting at all. I'm pretty sure that a lot of players have seen the solutions for this even without searching because they are popping up here and there when you simply read and chat about FR in the web, and some can write their own.

I don't see the whole point of adding the captcha. All the convenience from the keyboard shortcuts is killed by it. It only adds clicking and coordination pain for fair players and kills the newly obtained accessibility. And botters are clever enough to bypass any type of captcha. Maybe it will make it harder for them but not impossible for sure. The only working prevention of botting is changing the battle logic the way that can't be scripted so easily. Sure, it's possible to script anything, even behavior in the procedural generated environment, but I don't think that any of the coders of that level are playing browser pet games.

On the bright side, big thanks for the possibilty to turn off the animations. Eliminate screen shaking started causing severe nausea and headaches for me after the head trauma, and that's why I stopped playing FR at all. I may consider returning when this update goes live.
How keyboard shortcuts are supposed to increase Coli accessibility if captcha doesn't have an option to pass it with keys or audio+keys? :/ Also everyone who wants to bot is botting for 3 years already. This problem is a lot more complex than just preventing the access to page elements through key pressing. The Coli fights have very simple logic that can be easily scripted by anyone, and canvas doesn't prevent botting at all. I'm pretty sure that a lot of players have seen the solutions for this even without searching because they are popping up here and there when you simply read and chat about FR in the web, and some can write their own.

I don't see the whole point of adding the captcha. All the convenience from the keyboard shortcuts is killed by it. It only adds clicking and coordination pain for fair players and kills the newly obtained accessibility. And botters are clever enough to bypass any type of captcha. Maybe it will make it harder for them but not impossible for sure. The only working prevention of botting is changing the battle logic the way that can't be scripted so easily. Sure, it's possible to script anything, even behavior in the procedural generated environment, but I don't think that any of the coders of that level are playing browser pet games.

On the bright side, big thanks for the possibilty to turn off the animations. Eliminate screen shaking started causing severe nausea and headaches for me after the head trauma, and that's why I stopped playing FR at all. I may consider returning when this update goes live.
Chickensmoothie username: Nightshimmer
Eldemore username: Nightshimmer
[quote name="Nightshimmer" date=2016-11-16 02:52:38] How keyboard shortcuts are supposed to increase Coli accessibility if captcha doesn't have an option to pass it with keys or audio+keys? :/ Also everyone who wants to bot is botting for 3 years already. This problem is a lot more complex than just preventing the access to page elements through key pressing. The Coli fights have very simple logic that can be easily scripted by anyone, and canvas doesn't prevent botting at all. I'm pretty sure that a lot of players have seen the solutions for this even without searching because they are popping up here and there when you simply read and chat about FR in the web, and some can write their own. I don't see the whole point of adding the captcha. All the convenience from the keyboard shortcuts is killed by it. It only adds clicking and coordination pain for fair players and kills the newly obtained accessibility. And botters are clever enough to bypass any type of captcha. Maybe it will make it harder for them but not impossible for sure. The only working prevention of botting is changing the battle logic the way that can't be scripted so easily. Sure, it's possible to script anything, even behavior in the procedural generated environment, but I don't think that any of the coders of that level are playing browser pet games. On the bright side, big thanks for the possibilty to turn off the animations. Eliminate screen shaking started causing severe nausea and headaches for me after the head trauma, and that's why I stopped playing FR at all. I may consider returning when this update goes live. [/quote] I guess the non-botters are still going to suffer in the end. :/
Nightshimmer wrote on 2016-11-16:

I guess the non-botters are still going to suffer in the end. :/
DmRdZYl.png
much excitement! thanks y'all <3
much excitement! thanks y'all <3
Newbies!
Newbies!
!
!
jtb7ed.jpg
*random symbol*
Hope the new breeds will be released as soon as possible without the work being way too tiring. Somehow I understand how hard it is to make a new one.
*random symbol*
Hope the new breeds will be released as soon as possible without the work being way too tiring. Somehow I understand how hard it is to make a new one.
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83