Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | It's Not as Bad as it Looks (OPEN)
1 2 3 4 5
@SentientCities @OrcaRaptor @Jurastics ((I'm working on a reply- pardon the late response, some stuff came up. I'll ping you all when the post is done (hopefully very soon) ))
@SentientCities @OrcaRaptor @Jurastics ((I'm working on a reply- pardon the late response, some stuff came up. I'll ping you all when the post is done (hopefully very soon) ))
OKxuOgN.png
@JadeFeffers Oh it's fine! No need to rush yourself, we're all fine waiting as long as you'll need.
@JadeFeffers Oh it's fine! No need to rush yourself, we're all fine waiting as long as you'll need.
Tumblr
@SentientCities @OrcaRaptor @Jurastics ((You're too nice! Thank you for being so patient with me ~ I did my best to make this a response worthy of your time heehee))

As far as Jay was aware- any of the dragons classifying him as possibly crazy, was entirely logical. After all, his explanation for his being there was pushed upon the cause of a god telling him too! Even he was a bit skeptical of his experience.... What could he even begin to say though? Start ranting off on why he WASN'T crazy? HE felt viably sane in comparison to the somewhat fidgety coatl. Still, none of the dragons that arrived seemed like a threat.

Something like calm acceptance seemed to coarse through him. He definitely felt like he was meant to be here. That definitely felt right- and seeking out the flamecaller with the coatl did seem as though it was a part of the mission. C's reluctance to travel into the Ashfall waste brought him to suspicion- but there was no point in dwelling on it. If he had something to hide from them, so be it- so long as it didn't get them all killed. Curiosity still tried to force his tongue however. Thankfully it held no result.

His gaze falls upon the coatl again. Sunset seemed rather uncomfortable, and it makes him uncomfortable. Instinctively he questions her.

"Is everything quite alright Sunset? You look anxious," feeling a bit rude he adds on: "Is it something I've done?"

Jay lets the silence fill out space- only to be broken but the sound of the new arrival cooing at the hatchling with no name. Speakingof no name...

"Pardon me, but, do you have a name?" he turns towards the snapper with a plain and focused expression. "It's only right in return I introduce myself I suppose. Jay, yielding from the outskirts of Arcane territory,"

For the first time he noticed the massive size difference between himself and the others. C perhaps came closest- but was still of, Sunset short of C, and The snapper short of Sunset. Needless to say he excluded the hatchling for the time being.
@SentientCities @OrcaRaptor @Jurastics ((You're too nice! Thank you for being so patient with me ~ I did my best to make this a response worthy of your time heehee))

As far as Jay was aware- any of the dragons classifying him as possibly crazy, was entirely logical. After all, his explanation for his being there was pushed upon the cause of a god telling him too! Even he was a bit skeptical of his experience.... What could he even begin to say though? Start ranting off on why he WASN'T crazy? HE felt viably sane in comparison to the somewhat fidgety coatl. Still, none of the dragons that arrived seemed like a threat.

Something like calm acceptance seemed to coarse through him. He definitely felt like he was meant to be here. That definitely felt right- and seeking out the flamecaller with the coatl did seem as though it was a part of the mission. C's reluctance to travel into the Ashfall waste brought him to suspicion- but there was no point in dwelling on it. If he had something to hide from them, so be it- so long as it didn't get them all killed. Curiosity still tried to force his tongue however. Thankfully it held no result.

His gaze falls upon the coatl again. Sunset seemed rather uncomfortable, and it makes him uncomfortable. Instinctively he questions her.

"Is everything quite alright Sunset? You look anxious," feeling a bit rude he adds on: "Is it something I've done?"

Jay lets the silence fill out space- only to be broken but the sound of the new arrival cooing at the hatchling with no name. Speakingof no name...

"Pardon me, but, do you have a name?" he turns towards the snapper with a plain and focused expression. "It's only right in return I introduce myself I suppose. Jay, yielding from the outskirts of Arcane territory,"

For the first time he noticed the massive size difference between himself and the others. C perhaps came closest- but was still of, Sunset short of C, and The snapper short of Sunset. Needless to say he excluded the hatchling for the time being.
OKxuOgN.png
@Jurastics @jadefeffers @sentientcities

"Pardon me, but, do you have a name?"

Bungee looked up at the Imperial, to which she hadn't paid much mind before. "My bad! My name is Bungee!" She sat up. "Oh and I must say it's a pleasure to meet you all." She felt a bit rude that this was the time she finally decided to pay heed to him.
She cast a glance at Sunset, who didn't look too alright. She decided to shrug it off for now.

She looked back down at the hatchling. "If I could ask a question... why doesn't this hatchling have a name?" She gave C a curious look.

"Pardon me, but, do you have a name?"

Bungee looked up at the Imperial, to which she hadn't paid much mind before. "My bad! My name is Bungee!" She sat up. "Oh and I must say it's a pleasure to meet you all." She felt a bit rude that this was the time she finally decided to pay heed to him.
She cast a glance at Sunset, who didn't look too alright. She decided to shrug it off for now.

She looked back down at the hatchling. "If I could ask a question... why doesn't this hatchling have a name?" She gave C a curious look.
@Jurastics @Jadefeffers @OrcaRaptor

In hindsight, C should have expected the question to come much earlier. But he hadn't, which was daft. This would now require a fair bit of luck and quick thinking if he didn't want these dragons to drag him into the nearest clan, reqesting he be locked up for kidnapping. He hadn't even really kidnapped it! Him and his brother had just been sitting there, unattended. Was it really his fault his brain urged him to snatch one up. (He would have taken the other as well, but the both of them didn't fit in his satchel. So he left with the nicer looking one.) What if the nest had been abandoned? He would have been a hero if that were the case, saving baby sludge dragons from starvation.

But, that was definitely not the case, and Crimescene knew it. So, before anything else could be done, a quick recon of escape routes, advantages and disadvantages would be needed. Escape routes? Flight, his normal means of escape, would not be wise if he planned on dragging the hatchling with him, which he did. C didn't steal it for nothing. He could make a run for it, but the others, excluding Bungee, would be able to fly, and he would be overtaken in seconds. Dismal. What for advantages? By the way they introduced themselves, (Jay asked where they were, Bungee didn't even know where the nearest water was, and Sunset had seemed just as lost as Jay.), he was the only on who knew his way around. That was good. What was not good, however were the ever-growing amount of disadvantages he found himself facing. Everything previously filed under 'escape routes' and more was against him. Quick thinking and sheer dumb luck would be needed to get him out of this.

"Well, Bungee," he tried the name out, it was fitting for the Snapper, "I'm not the best at naming, and I'd rather he have something sensible over a name off the top of my head, picked solely to fill up a space. However, if you must know, I'm currently thinking Milo. Unless you three have any other suggestions, it's probably what he'll be getting."

He just hoped this 'interrogation' would end now.
@Jurastics @Jadefeffers @OrcaRaptor

In hindsight, C should have expected the question to come much earlier. But he hadn't, which was daft. This would now require a fair bit of luck and quick thinking if he didn't want these dragons to drag him into the nearest clan, reqesting he be locked up for kidnapping. He hadn't even really kidnapped it! Him and his brother had just been sitting there, unattended. Was it really his fault his brain urged him to snatch one up. (He would have taken the other as well, but the both of them didn't fit in his satchel. So he left with the nicer looking one.) What if the nest had been abandoned? He would have been a hero if that were the case, saving baby sludge dragons from starvation.

But, that was definitely not the case, and Crimescene knew it. So, before anything else could be done, a quick recon of escape routes, advantages and disadvantages would be needed. Escape routes? Flight, his normal means of escape, would not be wise if he planned on dragging the hatchling with him, which he did. C didn't steal it for nothing. He could make a run for it, but the others, excluding Bungee, would be able to fly, and he would be overtaken in seconds. Dismal. What for advantages? By the way they introduced themselves, (Jay asked where they were, Bungee didn't even know where the nearest water was, and Sunset had seemed just as lost as Jay.), he was the only on who knew his way around. That was good. What was not good, however were the ever-growing amount of disadvantages he found himself facing. Everything previously filed under 'escape routes' and more was against him. Quick thinking and sheer dumb luck would be needed to get him out of this.

"Well, Bungee," he tried the name out, it was fitting for the Snapper, "I'm not the best at naming, and I'd rather he have something sensible over a name off the top of my head, picked solely to fill up a space. However, if you must know, I'm currently thinking Milo. Unless you three have any other suggestions, it's probably what he'll be getting."

He just hoped this 'interrogation' would end now.
Tumblr
@orcaraptor @jadefeffers @sentientcities

She calmed down, and noticed almost all the group starting at her. Bungee was focused on the hatchling, but still looked at her. Peer pressure, that's what you're saying. STOP!
She felt less worried about her mind, and started to calm down. She was under peer pressure, and stuttered a bit before answering a few questions.

C was starting at her like she had just felt a mental breakdown and was shivering with fear. Technically, Sunset experienced that. She was sure that he had also made a list on his mind that told himself that she was insane. Extreme insane.

Bungee was focused on the bugger. Sunset wasn't too fond of the little one, and would honestly not care if he was dropped while flying. ((Remember, Sunset IS a sour apple.)) Honey! Don't say that, it's just a little guy. I SAID STOP! Bungee didn't really feel consequenced that Sunset had looked almost broken down and not in her skin. It was somewhat crazy that bungee only focused on the hatchling and not what was around her. Seemed typical for a cheery dragon.

There was nothing else to describe Jay but uncomfortable. He uneasily shifted glances but kept an eye on her. She was also feeling uncomfortable, but Jay seemed to be even more. It was strange. He asked her a question, "Is everything quite alright Sunset? You look anxious," She thought about the question, and then he quickly replied,"Is it something I've done?"

Goodness, no! Jay had done nothing wrong at all, it was just... herself. "Erm, Jay, you've done absolutely nothing wrong! It's just me and my mind... Just dragons talking in my head! Haha.." She just gave it all away. Everyone knew that she had dragons talking in her mind, bugging her every move. "Urk! Uh.. forget what I said. I totally don't have any type of dragons talking in my head. Not a Coatl or a Tundra speaking. I'm fine!" Poop. Okay, she did it now. The two mind readers, exposed. She had a cool expression on her face, like nothing was wrong. Except with one small thing:
Everything was wrong.
@orcaraptor @jadefeffers @sentientcities

She calmed down, and noticed almost all the group starting at her. Bungee was focused on the hatchling, but still looked at her. Peer pressure, that's what you're saying. STOP!
She felt less worried about her mind, and started to calm down. She was under peer pressure, and stuttered a bit before answering a few questions.

C was starting at her like she had just felt a mental breakdown and was shivering with fear. Technically, Sunset experienced that. She was sure that he had also made a list on his mind that told himself that she was insane. Extreme insane.

Bungee was focused on the bugger. Sunset wasn't too fond of the little one, and would honestly not care if he was dropped while flying. ((Remember, Sunset IS a sour apple.)) Honey! Don't say that, it's just a little guy. I SAID STOP! Bungee didn't really feel consequenced that Sunset had looked almost broken down and not in her skin. It was somewhat crazy that bungee only focused on the hatchling and not what was around her. Seemed typical for a cheery dragon.

There was nothing else to describe Jay but uncomfortable. He uneasily shifted glances but kept an eye on her. She was also feeling uncomfortable, but Jay seemed to be even more. It was strange. He asked her a question, "Is everything quite alright Sunset? You look anxious," She thought about the question, and then he quickly replied,"Is it something I've done?"

Goodness, no! Jay had done nothing wrong at all, it was just... herself. "Erm, Jay, you've done absolutely nothing wrong! It's just me and my mind... Just dragons talking in my head! Haha.." She just gave it all away. Everyone knew that she had dragons talking in her mind, bugging her every move. "Urk! Uh.. forget what I said. I totally don't have any type of dragons talking in my head. Not a Coatl or a Tundra speaking. I'm fine!" Poop. Okay, she did it now. The two mind readers, exposed. She had a cool expression on her face, like nothing was wrong. Except with one small thing:
Everything was wrong.
new_and_improved_wofr_button_m9_by_epicdragon99-dacvtqc.png
IRJOgmD.png

Bungee gave C a look. "If you say so." She looked back at the hatchling again. What was so familiar about it...?

"..Just dragons talking in my head! Haha.."

Is what caught Bungee's attention, of course.

"Urk! Uh.. forget what I said. I totally don't have any type of dragons talking in my head. Not a Coatl or a Tundra speaking. I'm fine!"

She wondered if Sunset was possibly suffering from the heat..? It wasn't that hot. The other dragons were probably gonna think the Coatl was crazy. But it would be rude to consider such so soon. She turned to the other dragons to see their responses. Bungee felt a little guilty, so she decided to do something about it. Even if Sunset was actually crazy.

She jumped over to Sunset and slapped her arm around her shoulders with a guffaw.
"OH, Sunset, that's a good- oh you're just too funny!"
Oh darn, I hope my gesture didn't come off as rude...
She also realized that it was a bit early for such a gesture.
"In fact, we should all set camp here tonight!! Since we're all here! Tell funny jokes n' stories tell 'em through the night! I got some food, too! Who likes crab?!"
She hoped this would even it out.

Bungee gave C a look. "If you say so." She looked back at the hatchling again. What was so familiar about it...?

"..Just dragons talking in my head! Haha.."

Is what caught Bungee's attention, of course.

"Urk! Uh.. forget what I said. I totally don't have any type of dragons talking in my head. Not a Coatl or a Tundra speaking. I'm fine!"

She wondered if Sunset was possibly suffering from the heat..? It wasn't that hot. The other dragons were probably gonna think the Coatl was crazy. But it would be rude to consider such so soon. She turned to the other dragons to see their responses. Bungee felt a little guilty, so she decided to do something about it. Even if Sunset was actually crazy.

She jumped over to Sunset and slapped her arm around her shoulders with a guffaw.
"OH, Sunset, that's a good- oh you're just too funny!"
Oh darn, I hope my gesture didn't come off as rude...
She also realized that it was a bit early for such a gesture.
"In fact, we should all set camp here tonight!! Since we're all here! Tell funny jokes n' stories tell 'em through the night! I got some food, too! Who likes crab?!"
She hoped this would even it out.
There was an extended period of time where he just stared at sunset with a furrowed brow. Had she just said...there were voices in her head? He found himself unable to respond;stammering incessantly with his jaw wide before finally spitting out something coherant.

"Pardon but what-"

"...too funny!"

He realized the snapper had uttered a sentence much faster than he had been able. A joke? If it was a joke, it was a rather dark and concerning joke. However, it was similar to a joke his dear friend nashimoto would tell. So, his nerves began to relax.

Crimescene on the other paw, did not look relaxed. He looked frantic and anxious. The moment the snapper mentioned setting up camp, he returned from his thoughts.

"I believe that's a wonderful idea. It appears we all need rest, food, water, and company. We could resume traveling in the morning," he nods towards the steadily sinking sun. The harsh rays of light subsided onto a flaming orange and red sky before his brilloant cerulean gaze.

((May i add you guys are fantastic writers and character builders?)) @Jurastics @Sentientcities @OrcaRaptor
There was an extended period of time where he just stared at sunset with a furrowed brow. Had she just said...there were voices in her head? He found himself unable to respond;stammering incessantly with his jaw wide before finally spitting out something coherant.

"Pardon but what-"

"...too funny!"

He realized the snapper had uttered a sentence much faster than he had been able. A joke? If it was a joke, it was a rather dark and concerning joke. However, it was similar to a joke his dear friend nashimoto would tell. So, his nerves began to relax.

Crimescene on the other paw, did not look relaxed. He looked frantic and anxious. The moment the snapper mentioned setting up camp, he returned from his thoughts.

"I believe that's a wonderful idea. It appears we all need rest, food, water, and company. We could resume traveling in the morning," he nods towards the steadily sinking sun. The harsh rays of light subsided onto a flaming orange and red sky before his brilloant cerulean gaze.

((May i add you guys are fantastic writers and character builders?)) @Jurastics @Sentientcities @OrcaRaptor
OKxuOgN.png
@jadefeffers @sentientcities @orcaraptor
((sorry for the short answer!))

It had definitely come out as crazy. She was crazy. She wanted to run from it all and never show her face. It was a disaster, but she heard Bungee.

Bungee, the savior. She managed to cram in some camp time, and Sunset was way more than happy to agree. But before, Bungee brutally punched Sunset into oblivion. PAIN Yes, pain. Bungee then said to her while she was suffering from back bones breaking, "OH, Sunset, that's a good- oh you're just too funny!" Bungee was either covering for Sunset, or didn't believe her at all. She was confused how that was good. Mental illness isn't very good, is it? Stop fussing over it so much, it's not an illness. OH, REALLY? Bungee finally noticed her said something, without only focusing on the hatchling. Everyone was a hatchling, too.

She just agreed to the camping and didn't make a big fuss over it. She was just concerned that Bungee was like that. Her past clan leader was so similar to her, she thought that she reincarnated into this mandarin snapper. She didn't feel comfortable, but it would work. She had an almost determined expression on her face, to finally run away from those voices. You could do that. Just stay in our range, k? What a relief.

Jay seemed to be confused for Sunset's word choice. She just knew that he was thinking about it. She didn't want to seem like the center of attention, since she thought about how a great leader C could be. In fact, she thought she had liked him a bit. He had the sour personality, but when you got to know him he was just a great dragon. He was also a merchant, stealing things that did not belong to him. She didn't think that C liked Sunset.

At all, in fact.
@jadefeffers @sentientcities @orcaraptor
((sorry for the short answer!))

It had definitely come out as crazy. She was crazy. She wanted to run from it all and never show her face. It was a disaster, but she heard Bungee.

Bungee, the savior. She managed to cram in some camp time, and Sunset was way more than happy to agree. But before, Bungee brutally punched Sunset into oblivion. PAIN Yes, pain. Bungee then said to her while she was suffering from back bones breaking, "OH, Sunset, that's a good- oh you're just too funny!" Bungee was either covering for Sunset, or didn't believe her at all. She was confused how that was good. Mental illness isn't very good, is it? Stop fussing over it so much, it's not an illness. OH, REALLY? Bungee finally noticed her said something, without only focusing on the hatchling. Everyone was a hatchling, too.

She just agreed to the camping and didn't make a big fuss over it. She was just concerned that Bungee was like that. Her past clan leader was so similar to her, she thought that she reincarnated into this mandarin snapper. She didn't feel comfortable, but it would work. She had an almost determined expression on her face, to finally run away from those voices. You could do that. Just stay in our range, k? What a relief.

Jay seemed to be confused for Sunset's word choice. She just knew that he was thinking about it. She didn't want to seem like the center of attention, since she thought about how a great leader C could be. In fact, she thought she had liked him a bit. He had the sour personality, but when you got to know him he was just a great dragon. He was also a merchant, stealing things that did not belong to him. She didn't think that C liked Sunset.

At all, in fact.
new_and_improved_wofr_button_m9_by_epicdragon99-dacvtqc.png
IRJOgmD.png
@Jurastics @OrcaRaptor

@Jadefeffers ((Thank you! But I feel like C has gone from cursing thief to morally ambiguous gentleman who happens to look like the devil.))

Well, it looked like that was the swift end to their little trip to crazy town. While he sincerely doubted that Sunset ha meant it as a joke, he was quite happy being ignorant of the talking dragons in her head. (Though, perhaps he ought to recommend seeing a psychologist. For her own sanity.) Looking on the bright side, however, he is grateful that Sunset's little outburst shifted the conversation off the hatchling. ('Milo' was not getting a name unless his buyer gave him one. Or the group decided he needed one, C wasn't in a position to refuse.) Further questions would have been difficult to answer. Though Bungee seemed suspicious, judging off the way she was intently watching it's squiggly form. Not to mention that she was the only one who questioned the lack of name. He would have to watch his tongue around her.

Camping for the night seemed like a good idea, when he mentioned it. It was getting late, Staying together for the time being meant more dragons for a hunting part, safety in numbers, and a promise of waking up tomorrow. All good things. It'd been a while since he'd had a proper bed anyways, all most nights he just flopped down on softest looking rock and pass out. A change wouldn't be bad Plus, he could add socialized to to seller's tag when he auctioned off the hatchling.

But C had lied. He was 'supposed' to be to another market soon, which to him meant in a few days time. In order to keep the lie convincing he would have to act concerned about making his imaginary deadline. But he could bring that up later. For now helping the others set up camp seemed nice. Therapeutic, almost.
@Jurastics @OrcaRaptor

@Jadefeffers ((Thank you! But I feel like C has gone from cursing thief to morally ambiguous gentleman who happens to look like the devil.))

Well, it looked like that was the swift end to their little trip to crazy town. While he sincerely doubted that Sunset ha meant it as a joke, he was quite happy being ignorant of the talking dragons in her head. (Though, perhaps he ought to recommend seeing a psychologist. For her own sanity.) Looking on the bright side, however, he is grateful that Sunset's little outburst shifted the conversation off the hatchling. ('Milo' was not getting a name unless his buyer gave him one. Or the group decided he needed one, C wasn't in a position to refuse.) Further questions would have been difficult to answer. Though Bungee seemed suspicious, judging off the way she was intently watching it's squiggly form. Not to mention that she was the only one who questioned the lack of name. He would have to watch his tongue around her.

Camping for the night seemed like a good idea, when he mentioned it. It was getting late, Staying together for the time being meant more dragons for a hunting part, safety in numbers, and a promise of waking up tomorrow. All good things. It'd been a while since he'd had a proper bed anyways, all most nights he just flopped down on softest looking rock and pass out. A change wouldn't be bad Plus, he could add socialized to to seller's tag when he auctioned off the hatchling.

But C had lied. He was 'supposed' to be to another market soon, which to him meant in a few days time. In order to keep the lie convincing he would have to act concerned about making his imaginary deadline. But he could bring that up later. For now helping the others set up camp seemed nice. Therapeutic, almost.
Tumblr
1 2 3 4 5