Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do you hail from the British Isles?
1 2 3 4
Woo hoo! @avessa @Arch Yay! Hello fellow Scots :D I was born in Dundee but now living in Aberdeenshire :)
Woo hoo! @avessa @Arch Yay! Hello fellow Scots :D I was born in Dundee but now living in Aberdeenshire :)
@Elizlareth
:D You don't live that far from me then! *Aberdonian born and bred*
@Elizlareth
:D You don't live that far from me then! *Aberdonian born and bred*
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
hehehe @Avessa I call Aberdeen the grumpy city. Whenever we drive through we play a game... spot the smile... cos almost everyone has a frown on their face. It seems such a rare thing to see someone smiling. I put it down to the granite everywhere, makes the whole place look grey and with Scottish weather being what it is the sky usually matches. If anyone has ever read the phantom tollbooth then it's like being in the doldrums. *titters*
hehehe @Avessa I call Aberdeen the grumpy city. Whenever we drive through we play a game... spot the smile... cos almost everyone has a frown on their face. It seems such a rare thing to see someone smiling. I put it down to the granite everywhere, makes the whole place look grey and with Scottish weather being what it is the sky usually matches. If anyone has ever read the phantom tollbooth then it's like being in the doldrums. *titters*
@Elizlareth On sunny days it isn't too bad and the weekend markets can be nice. :) When the sun is just right the granite sparkles, the mica flecks catch the light. Heck, I know I've read the Phantom Tollbooth (got it upstairs) but for the life of me I barely remember anything about it.
@Elizlareth On sunny days it isn't too bad and the weekend markets can be nice. :) When the sun is just right the granite sparkles, the mica flecks catch the light. Heck, I know I've read the Phantom Tollbooth (got it upstairs) but for the life of me I barely remember anything about it.
@Avessa the phantom tollbooth was my fave book as a child. I still have a copy of it and doubt I'll ever part with it. It's not the original copy I had, my dad handed that into a charity shop a couple of years ago and then had to replace it because I was so upset it wasn't there any more.

I do love the sparkles but sadly we almost always seem to pick a dreary day to visit the city Urghh.

I lived in Manchester for 3 months once but couldn't handle the hideous red brick everywhere, it was so depressing. I was so glad to get back north where the buildings are the right colour :) Red brick is such an ugly medium to work in and the best thing about Aberdeen is the architecture. A lot of the buildings are just beautiful. Cannot beat the architecture here :)
@Avessa the phantom tollbooth was my fave book as a child. I still have a copy of it and doubt I'll ever part with it. It's not the original copy I had, my dad handed that into a charity shop a couple of years ago and then had to replace it because I was so upset it wasn't there any more.

I do love the sparkles but sadly we almost always seem to pick a dreary day to visit the city Urghh.

I lived in Manchester for 3 months once but couldn't handle the hideous red brick everywhere, it was so depressing. I was so glad to get back north where the buildings are the right colour :) Red brick is such an ugly medium to work in and the best thing about Aberdeen is the architecture. A lot of the buildings are just beautiful. Cannot beat the architecture here :)
@Elizlareth I know what you mean, London in the more rural areas is so dreary! I will admit Oxford is... interesting with all it's history. It's a pity many of the older buildings in Aberdeen got taken down by the council in the 60/70s, but yes, granite is a PROPER building material, rather than ugly old red brick.
@Elizlareth I know what you mean, London in the more rural areas is so dreary! I will admit Oxford is... interesting with all it's history. It's a pity many of the older buildings in Aberdeen got taken down by the council in the 60/70s, but yes, granite is a PROPER building material, rather than ugly old red brick.
Whoo, some fellow Scots XD

@Elizlareth, I'm from Aberdeenshire too - spent my whole life here, fun times XD

Just left school and started an apprenticeship - so I'm hoping to start going places and seeing the world bit by bit :3 *feels awkward and doesn't know what else to say*
Whoo, some fellow Scots XD

@Elizlareth, I'm from Aberdeenshire too - spent my whole life here, fun times XD

Just left school and started an apprenticeship - so I'm hoping to start going places and seeing the world bit by bit :3 *feels awkward and doesn't know what else to say*
@katkerrykat

Yay us Scots are taking over... woop woop lol
@katkerrykat

Yay us Scots are taking over... woop woop lol
I'm just gonna sit here and weep in the lonely Glaswegian corner /sob
I'm just gonna sit here and weep in the lonely Glaswegian corner /sob
tumblr_nmyenmxS3A1tisd4do7_75sq.png
Why didn't i notice this thread before?!

I'm from Cardiff :P or rather i'm IN Cardiff, born there bred there and still there now. I'm currently working full time as a customer service rep (aka verbal punch bag) for several internet catalog brands.

Anyhow, weather er chilly, currently raining, but then it is November after all.
Why didn't i notice this thread before?!

I'm from Cardiff :P or rather i'm IN Cardiff, born there bred there and still there now. I'm currently working full time as a customer service rep (aka verbal punch bag) for several internet catalog brands.

Anyhow, weather er chilly, currently raining, but then it is November after all.
MyGXjoF.png
1 2 3 4