Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Economy vs. Exalting
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
@Pear they comented on page 47 [quote name="Undel" date="2013-12-18 06:23:43"]I see a couple issues with this: If a system were put in place based on how much the scroll cost, people would breed only the most expensive breed because that would yield the highest payout. (so everyone would make skydancer/seraph/gembond exalt factories.) It takes no more effort to breed a skydancer than any other dragon, because the exalt system doesn't care about good colors pattern combinations, aesthetics, or cute names/themes. The exalt system has no limit to how many dragons you can exalt. There is unlimited demand presented by it. With this system you could breed any old dragon with high-seed-scroll cost characteristics and suddenly acquire 20% of their scroll cost, even if you didn't buy a scroll - it's an infinitely multiplyable resource. This would likely result in ridiculous inflation and the majority of lairs having a stable of 30-40 seraph and gembond gened skydancers for exalt factories rather than dragons that they like - because those dragons are the most profitable, so it would almost become mandatory to have them. We do have some additional changes in mind for the exalting system, but a payout based solely on the cost of the scrolls is not something that I foresee being a likely choice that we would make. I don't want to stifle the suggestions forum. Feel free to continue to brainstorm new ideas. :-)[/quote]
@Pear they comented on page 47
Undel wrote on 2013-12-18 06:23:43:
I see a couple issues with this:
If a system were put in place based on how much the scroll cost, people would breed only the most expensive breed because that would yield the highest payout. (so everyone would make skydancer/seraph/gembond exalt factories.) It takes no more effort to breed a skydancer than any other dragon, because the exalt system doesn't care about good colors pattern combinations, aesthetics, or cute names/themes. The exalt system has no limit to how many dragons you can exalt. There is unlimited demand presented by it. With this system you could breed any old dragon with high-seed-scroll cost characteristics and suddenly acquire 20% of their scroll cost, even if you didn't buy a scroll - it's an infinitely multiplyable resource.

This would likely result in ridiculous inflation and the majority of lairs having a stable of 30-40 seraph and gembond gened skydancers for exalt factories rather than dragons that they like - because those dragons are the most profitable, so it would almost become mandatory to have them.

We do have some additional changes in mind for the exalting system, but a payout based solely on the cost of the scrolls is not something that I foresee being a likely choice that we would make. I don't want to stifle the suggestions forum. Feel free to continue to brainstorm new ideas. :-)
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@DragonSage - Alright, thanks. c: If the search feature was turned on I would have looked. |D Haha c:
@DragonSage - Alright, thanks. c: If the search feature was turned on I would have looked. |D Haha c:
Given that selling dragons provides little to no profit without extensive advertising work, I don't think setting a bare minimum for dragons would hurt at all. I definitely think 20% of a dragon's scroll value is too much, 5% would work fine and be way more reasonable in the long run. We already have a huge treasure sink in lair expansions, which would definitely be more attainable with a decent base value of dragons, which in turn leaves more space for dragon purchases. Since almost everything can be bought from the MP for treasure, there's only so much inflation can do to the market so long as stock adjusts according to player population. Gem prices would go up of course, but they're already rising with the growth of the userbase and I don't think going from 700T a gem to 1500T a gem would mean as much with a guaranteed source of income from dragons.
Given that selling dragons provides little to no profit without extensive advertising work, I don't think setting a bare minimum for dragons would hurt at all. I definitely think 20% of a dragon's scroll value is too much, 5% would work fine and be way more reasonable in the long run. We already have a huge treasure sink in lair expansions, which would definitely be more attainable with a decent base value of dragons, which in turn leaves more space for dragon purchases. Since almost everything can be bought from the MP for treasure, there's only so much inflation can do to the market so long as stock adjusts according to player population. Gem prices would go up of course, but they're already rising with the growth of the userbase and I don't think going from 700T a gem to 1500T a gem would mean as much with a guaranteed source of income from dragons.
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2014-08-25 10:25:06] @Pear they comented on page 47 [quote name="Undel" date="2013-12-18 06:23:43"]I see a couple issues with this: If a system were put in place based on how much the scroll cost, people would breed only the most expensive breed because that would yield the highest payout. (so everyone would make skydancer/seraph/gembond exalt factories.) It takes no more effort to breed a skydancer than any other dragon, because the exalt system doesn't care about good colors pattern combinations, aesthetics, or cute names/themes. The exalt system has no limit to how many dragons you can exalt. There is unlimited demand presented by it. With this system you could breed any old dragon with high-seed-scroll cost characteristics and suddenly acquire 20% of their scroll cost, even if you didn't buy a scroll - it's an infinitely multiplyable resource. This would likely result in ridiculous inflation and the majority of lairs having a stable of 30-40 seraph and gembond gened skydancers for exalt factories rather than dragons that they like - because those dragons are the most profitable, so it would almost become mandatory to have them. We do have some additional changes in mind for the exalting system, but a payout based solely on the cost of the scrolls is not something that I foresee being a likely choice that we would make. I don't want to stifle the suggestions forum. Feel free to continue to brainstorm new ideas. :-)[/quote] [/quote] This makes sense to me. I prefer plentiful breeds. They are what I like to keep in my lair and I do make a profit. I do not want to have to be competing against someone who has no lair aesthetic and just churns out reward babies.
DragonSage wrote on 2014-08-25:
@Pear they comented on page 47
Undel wrote on 2013-12-18 06:23:43:
I see a couple issues with this:
If a system were put in place based on how much the scroll cost, people would breed only the most expensive breed because that would yield the highest payout. (so everyone would make skydancer/seraph/gembond exalt factories.) It takes no more effort to breed a skydancer than any other dragon, because the exalt system doesn't care about good colors pattern combinations, aesthetics, or cute names/themes. The exalt system has no limit to how many dragons you can exalt. There is unlimited demand presented by it. With this system you could breed any old dragon with high-seed-scroll cost characteristics and suddenly acquire 20% of their scroll cost, even if you didn't buy a scroll - it's an infinitely multiplyable resource.

This would likely result in ridiculous inflation and the majority of lairs having a stable of 30-40 seraph and gembond gened skydancers for exalt factories rather than dragons that they like - because those dragons are the most profitable, so it would almost become mandatory to have them.

We do have some additional changes in mind for the exalting system, but a payout based solely on the cost of the scrolls is not something that I foresee being a likely choice that we would make. I don't want to stifle the suggestions forum. Feel free to continue to brainstorm new ideas. :-)

This makes sense to me. I prefer plentiful breeds. They are what I like to keep in my lair and I do make a profit. I do not want to have to be competing against someone who has no lair aesthetic and just churns out reward babies.

Stuff will one day go here.
I have to say I agree with the people who are saying that simply raising the exalting fee for the dragons would simply make the new exaltion fee the old 2K or whatever. As other people have said, we don't need more treasure in the game (and hey, I like making treasure, I would LOVE to sell a dragon for 150K) but more reasons to exalt. Achievements, on another thread someone mentioned an exalting only gene (and I suggested, based off another users idea that you could potentially get the gene after exalting 500 dragons, and would get the gene after 1000 dragons), Fayd's idea of a shop with points etc..

Most people have said that this is a breeding site. Yes it is, however, according to the admins (and since aren't they the ones who own the site? or do they just run it, they should know) breeding shouldn't be the main profit bringer in the game. To me, the focus on the game is breeding your DREAM DRAGON, not just setting up a dragon mill to get treasure. (And again, I have nothing against making treasure, what I do have something against is a site where it is every item that is no longer in the marketplace or stocks rarely is worth so much that you can never actually get it because it keeps going up in price as more treasure is put into the system)

Yes, I can understand that not everyone can play the games, do the coli, or whatever. However, if you really wanted to make treasure, then buy a couple of dragons off the market for 4K, breed them, sell the babies for 6K-8K and pretty soon, you will have made up what you paid for the dragons.
I have to say I agree with the people who are saying that simply raising the exalting fee for the dragons would simply make the new exaltion fee the old 2K or whatever. As other people have said, we don't need more treasure in the game (and hey, I like making treasure, I would LOVE to sell a dragon for 150K) but more reasons to exalt. Achievements, on another thread someone mentioned an exalting only gene (and I suggested, based off another users idea that you could potentially get the gene after exalting 500 dragons, and would get the gene after 1000 dragons), Fayd's idea of a shop with points etc..

Most people have said that this is a breeding site. Yes it is, however, according to the admins (and since aren't they the ones who own the site? or do they just run it, they should know) breeding shouldn't be the main profit bringer in the game. To me, the focus on the game is breeding your DREAM DRAGON, not just setting up a dragon mill to get treasure. (And again, I have nothing against making treasure, what I do have something against is a site where it is every item that is no longer in the marketplace or stocks rarely is worth so much that you can never actually get it because it keeps going up in price as more treasure is put into the system)

Yes, I can understand that not everyone can play the games, do the coli, or whatever. However, if you really wanted to make treasure, then buy a couple of dragons off the market for 4K, breed them, sell the babies for 6K-8K and pretty soon, you will have made up what you paid for the dragons.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support! This is brilliant! I would love it if this happened. It would make pricing dragons easier, so I could put my dragons on the AH (by-products of a breeding project) and they might not get exalted as much. They are still pretty dergs, but the market is at 3,000 for a hatchling, which is ridiculous.
Support! This is brilliant! I would love it if this happened. It would make pricing dragons easier, so I could put my dragons on the AH (by-products of a breeding project) and they might not get exalted as much. They are still pretty dergs, but the market is at 3,000 for a hatchling, which is ridiculous.
@Zarrith

This suggestion is very old and not quite up to standart anymore. Back in 2013 rare breeds were actually very hard to get so that exalting them was something not often done thus the Op asking to up the Exalt payout for certain breeds in correlation to their breedchange scroll. Nowadays every breed is widely available and thus the exaltpayout being the same for every breed is very much acceptable. Since there are no vast differences between the breeds why should there be vast differences in the payout?

As for you selling your dragons for 3k -and them getting exalted - that is your choise. If you sell them for a price that is allready dubbed 'exalt price' it isn't exactly a wonder that they end up exalted. If you want them to have a chance to get to a good home price them higher (over 10k at least). You know how it is: If its cheap it isn't worth anything. You can't expect other people to see worth in something that you sell for dumping/trash prices.
@Zarrith

This suggestion is very old and not quite up to standart anymore. Back in 2013 rare breeds were actually very hard to get so that exalting them was something not often done thus the Op asking to up the Exalt payout for certain breeds in correlation to their breedchange scroll. Nowadays every breed is widely available and thus the exaltpayout being the same for every breed is very much acceptable. Since there are no vast differences between the breeds why should there be vast differences in the payout?

As for you selling your dragons for 3k -and them getting exalted - that is your choise. If you sell them for a price that is allready dubbed 'exalt price' it isn't exactly a wonder that they end up exalted. If you want them to have a chance to get to a good home price them higher (over 10k at least). You know how it is: If its cheap it isn't worth anything. You can't expect other people to see worth in something that you sell for dumping/trash prices.
@Ismaiel I hadn't realized that it was that old and out of date. It just seemed smart and kind of neat. You do make a really good point.

And I don't sell my dragons for that low. I sell my dergs for about 15k to try to keep them from ending up in the exalt bin. If you look on the AH, there are pages, and pages, and pages of really cheap (and often ugly) hatchlings who people are selling for ridiculously cheap. And I learned as a newbie the rule of put it as more expensive and stuff.
@Ismaiel I hadn't realized that it was that old and out of date. It just seemed smart and kind of neat. You do make a really good point.

And I don't sell my dragons for that low. I sell my dergs for about 15k to try to keep them from ending up in the exalt bin. If you look on the AH, there are pages, and pages, and pages of really cheap (and often ugly) hatchlings who people are selling for ridiculously cheap. And I learned as a newbie the rule of put it as more expensive and stuff.
@Zarrith

Ah okay. I wasn't sure if you heard of it allready so I thought it better to warn you off about selling them for too low if you care about exalting.

Which is actually another point you may or may not have learned allready - Exalting isn't anything bad and most people don't really care if their dragons get send to the gods or not.

Especially for avid breeders with only a few lairspaces its more important to get the babies out as soon as possible rather than trying to sell them long term or wait until they are adult - so they sell them low. Which of course makes it a bit harder to sell dragons for higher prices.
@Zarrith

Ah okay. I wasn't sure if you heard of it allready so I thought it better to warn you off about selling them for too low if you care about exalting.

Which is actually another point you may or may not have learned allready - Exalting isn't anything bad and most people don't really care if their dragons get send to the gods or not.

Especially for avid breeders with only a few lairspaces its more important to get the babies out as soon as possible rather than trying to sell them long term or wait until they are adult - so they sell them low. Which of course makes it a bit harder to sell dragons for higher prices.
@Ismaiel I appreciate the thought. :)

I agree that exalting isn't bad, but I really prefer my dragons go to perma homes, or at least for a few months. I even go as far as to often buy back. But that is just me.
@Ismaiel I appreciate the thought. :)

I agree that exalting isn't bad, but I really prefer my dragons go to perma homes, or at least for a few months. I even go as far as to often buy back. But that is just me.
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62