Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [vent] Feeling bad about being nb
1 2
@aceSymmetrical
That certainly is an interesting name.
@aceSymmetrical
That certainly is an interesting name.
My bio commissions page
My pixel commissions page
@Vodnici

Urgh. Sorry, I didn't think it would get blocked like that. But it isn't the word you would assume. Try "baepsae bird" instead?
@Vodnici

Urgh. Sorry, I didn't think it would get blocked like that. But it isn't the word you would assume. Try "baepsae bird" instead?
TMjBTkJ.png
@aceSymmetrical
I found them omg, they're so adorable. New fave bird.

@gazehound
I'm sorry you're having trouble describing how you feel! But you are right- it can be difficult to explain some things to other people and gender can very easily be one of those things. I hope you'll eventually find the words to describe your identity. <3
@aceSymmetrical
I found them omg, they're so adorable. New fave bird.

@gazehound
I'm sorry you're having trouble describing how you feel! But you are right- it can be difficult to explain some things to other people and gender can very easily be one of those things. I hope you'll eventually find the words to describe your identity. <3
My bio commissions page
@Vodnici
http://internethobo142.tumblr.com/tagged/happy-tag
Heres my happy tag if you need it
@Vodnici
http://internethobo142.tumblr.com/tagged/happy-tag
Heres my happy tag if you need it
Buy My Coli Time
@Vodnici
Being NB is valid, just as any other gender, and no one should take that away from you. If it's the identity you feel you are the most, then it is your identity. Calling that "being a special snowflake" is really ignorant and rude of those kinds of toxic people.

Do your best to stay out of tumblr discourse (I know you said, though, that you unwillingly saw it. Tumblr's recommendations are really... broken, though, and can bring it to you this way too.) and take care of yourself. Blacklist stuff and maybe unfollow the people who put that stuff on your dash if you can? You have every right to make your blog a safe and comfortable space for you, if that is what you need it to be.

Here's a cute bunny eating a raspberry, btw. All of the cute vids that come to mind are insects bc buggies so I apologize for lack of cute animal vids asfjnsdg. (unless you'd want to see those, haha)
@Vodnici
Being NB is valid, just as any other gender, and no one should take that away from you. If it's the identity you feel you are the most, then it is your identity. Calling that "being a special snowflake" is really ignorant and rude of those kinds of toxic people.

Do your best to stay out of tumblr discourse (I know you said, though, that you unwillingly saw it. Tumblr's recommendations are really... broken, though, and can bring it to you this way too.) and take care of yourself. Blacklist stuff and maybe unfollow the people who put that stuff on your dash if you can? You have every right to make your blog a safe and comfortable space for you, if that is what you need it to be.

Here's a cute bunny eating a raspberry, btw. All of the cute vids that come to mind are insects bc buggies so I apologize for lack of cute animal vids asfjnsdg. (unless you'd want to see those, haha)
nbs_icon_by_cruzu-d9fnd6d.pngseBKgw5.png
@Vodnici *cracks knuckles* cute animals,huh!?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8HVWitAW-Qg
@Vodnici *cracks knuckles* cute animals,huh!?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8HVWitAW-Qg
*B.R Hatchery*

Wishlist: By Item

Wishlist: By Dragon
To Find a Dragon-ers: Please ping even if you aren't interested! :)
@Tigger142
Thank you!

@Yeshua
Yeah, you're right. The problem is, though, that I'm rarely ever on tumblr on my laptop (I use the app 99.9% of the time) and the app doesn't even have something RESEMBLING a blacklisting system. So even if someone tags a negative post with, say, #nbhate, I can't do anything to blacklist it. It sucks. But thank you! The bunny eating raspberries is one of my faves. And I guess some bugs can be cute, but it's not the first thing I think of when I hear the word 'insects', haha.

@kaylavarnell4736
That video contains way too much cuteness help. Thank you!
@Tigger142
Thank you!

@Yeshua
Yeah, you're right. The problem is, though, that I'm rarely ever on tumblr on my laptop (I use the app 99.9% of the time) and the app doesn't even have something RESEMBLING a blacklisting system. So even if someone tags a negative post with, say, #nbhate, I can't do anything to blacklist it. It sucks. But thank you! The bunny eating raspberries is one of my faves. And I guess some bugs can be cute, but it's not the first thing I think of when I hear the word 'insects', haha.

@kaylavarnell4736
That video contains way too much cuteness help. Thank you!
My bio commissions page
There's lots of nb support around to combat the negativity - here's some encouragement and here's a masterpost of resources with a nonbinary section.

(I apologize if these links don't work, not too familiar with the forums yet)

I'm nb (bigender/androgynous) myself, us nb peeps definitely exist, take that naysayers! It can be really hard to not question yourself over whether being nb is real, ESPECIALLY in a society that likes to tell us it isn't real, but believe in yourself. Your gender is true and valid.
There's lots of nb support around to combat the negativity - here's some encouragement and here's a masterpost of resources with a nonbinary section.

(I apologize if these links don't work, not too familiar with the forums yet)

I'm nb (bigender/androgynous) myself, us nb peeps definitely exist, take that naysayers! It can be really hard to not question yourself over whether being nb is real, ESPECIALLY in a society that likes to tell us it isn't real, but believe in yourself. Your gender is true and valid.
vlB9r9V.gif
arlo - 29 - he/they - FR+0
@Vodnici To most people, the mere idea that there are experiences you will never comprehend, nor understand, is vehemently frightening. This is because, sometimes, when we hit the right/wrong 'wall', expanding the limits of our own mental 'boxes' requires us to realize that what we are, and what we think we are, are not the same. The 'walls' of our 'boxes' shift all the time, and we change with them when we grow as people. What you encountered there, is someone who is validating themselves and their own 'experience', making it seem more 'real' and 'absolute', by denying the experiences of others. They're set in their ways because they're afraid of the greatest fear known to humankind - the unknown, and the unknowable. They unconsciously choose to not grow, because doing so is scary, and that means they need to stay really firm in their "beliefs". Otherwise, they'll have to change into something new. Something unknown.

This does in no way make it alright for them to act like that.. however, please don't take a random persons fears as something that you allow to get to you. It has nothing - and I mean *nothing* - to do with you personally. Nor does it even have anything to do with non-binary people, when you get to the core of it. It's just some insecure guy ranting on the internet to look buff and secure in themselves. Please, don't let some random dude's opinions about your experiences override YOUR experiences about your experiences! That guy can take his opinion and shove it.

Aaaanyway, that's my long and philosophical rambling! I'm genderfluid, so eventually I just had to laugh at the morons who think they can tell me what I'm experiencing. As if they ave any way of actually knowing that, it's like telling someone they can't actually be happy because they don't have a brain measurement device linked to their noggins to record and "prove" they're happy. Just go with what you feel. All else is irrelevant, hurtful as it might be at times..
@Vodnici To most people, the mere idea that there are experiences you will never comprehend, nor understand, is vehemently frightening. This is because, sometimes, when we hit the right/wrong 'wall', expanding the limits of our own mental 'boxes' requires us to realize that what we are, and what we think we are, are not the same. The 'walls' of our 'boxes' shift all the time, and we change with them when we grow as people. What you encountered there, is someone who is validating themselves and their own 'experience', making it seem more 'real' and 'absolute', by denying the experiences of others. They're set in their ways because they're afraid of the greatest fear known to humankind - the unknown, and the unknowable. They unconsciously choose to not grow, because doing so is scary, and that means they need to stay really firm in their "beliefs". Otherwise, they'll have to change into something new. Something unknown.

This does in no way make it alright for them to act like that.. however, please don't take a random persons fears as something that you allow to get to you. It has nothing - and I mean *nothing* - to do with you personally. Nor does it even have anything to do with non-binary people, when you get to the core of it. It's just some insecure guy ranting on the internet to look buff and secure in themselves. Please, don't let some random dude's opinions about your experiences override YOUR experiences about your experiences! That guy can take his opinion and shove it.

Aaaanyway, that's my long and philosophical rambling! I'm genderfluid, so eventually I just had to laugh at the morons who think they can tell me what I'm experiencing. As if they ave any way of actually knowing that, it's like telling someone they can't actually be happy because they don't have a brain measurement device linked to their noggins to record and "prove" they're happy. Just go with what you feel. All else is irrelevant, hurtful as it might be at times..
@k1yuu
You're right that there is a lot of support for nb people all around the internet. Maybe I should just be better at cheering up, but I'm known to being sensitive and taking everything very personally, which just sucks butt because all it ends up with is me being upset over something tiny. Both those links are good, though! Thank you! I'll definitely check both out.

@Finnley
You are very right. People are afraid of things they don't understand/don't know, and the idea of being openly nonbinary, while it might always have existed (or, at least, for a long time), is fairly new. It may be hard for some to adapt to it and accept it, and I'm all for educating people and broadening their horizons. But when they purposefully hurt others because of their ignorance and refuse to gain new knowledge, I just... give up. To me, you need to have a motivation to learn in order to be open to new knowledge, and when someone doesn't show that motivation, I lose motivation to try to teach them.

That got long, sorry. I completely agree with you and I need to learn not to take certain things so personally. I know it's not directed at me, and most often it's more deeply seeded than just "nb people don't exist", but sometimes it's hard to ignore - especially when it's, for me, a sore subject.
@k1yuu
You're right that there is a lot of support for nb people all around the internet. Maybe I should just be better at cheering up, but I'm known to being sensitive and taking everything very personally, which just sucks butt because all it ends up with is me being upset over something tiny. Both those links are good, though! Thank you! I'll definitely check both out.

@Finnley
You are very right. People are afraid of things they don't understand/don't know, and the idea of being openly nonbinary, while it might always have existed (or, at least, for a long time), is fairly new. It may be hard for some to adapt to it and accept it, and I'm all for educating people and broadening their horizons. But when they purposefully hurt others because of their ignorance and refuse to gain new knowledge, I just... give up. To me, you need to have a motivation to learn in order to be open to new knowledge, and when someone doesn't show that motivation, I lose motivation to try to teach them.

That got long, sorry. I completely agree with you and I need to learn not to take certain things so personally. I know it's not directed at me, and most often it's more deeply seeded than just "nb people don't exist", but sometimes it's hard to ignore - especially when it's, for me, a sore subject.
My bio commissions page
1 2