Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Vodnici's Writings {Lore & Bio}
[center][font=Cambria][size=6][b]Vodnici's Writings[/b][/size] [size=5][b]Lore and Bio Corner[/b][/size][/font][/center] [center][img]http://www.biblegematria.com/uploads/1/5/6/2/15627152/_____1369627_orig.gif[/img][/center] [font=Calibri][size=5]Welcome to my bio shop![/size] [size=4]This is where I will be taking commissions for dragon biographies, and personality/occupation descriptions. Examples will be provided at the bottom.[/size] [font=Calibri][size=5][b]1. My work[/b][/size] [font=Calibri][size=4][b]For dragon bios:[/b] [font=Calibri](1a) A short piece of text about the dragon's personality and/or its place in the clan (as seen in [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=49731]my lair[/url]). (1b) A small poetic piece/rhyme capturing the "essence" of your dragon.[/size] The above can be altered to fit your specific needs, and you're very welcome to request something else entirely, but I reserve the right to turn down any request for any reason.[/size] [font=Calibri][size=5][b]2. My boundaries[/b][/size] [font=Calibri][size=4]I will not write [i]long[/i] paragraphs (~longer than half a page on Microsoft Word, font size 12) due to time constraints. I will not write nsfw. I can write blood and gore, but prefer not to. I don't mind whether I receive payment before or after your commission is done, but failure or refusal to pay me within a certain amount of time will result in inability to commission me in the future.[/size] [font=Calibri][size=5][b]3. My prices[/b][/size] [font=Calibri][size=4]I bet this is what you've all been waiting to read about, yeah? [indent][font=Calibri][size=4]ONE (1) simple dragon bio = [indent][font=Calibri][size=4]750 Treasure // 2 Gems[/size][/indent] [font=Calibri][size=4]TWO (2) simple dragon bios =[/size] [indent][font=Calibri][size=4]1300 Treasure // 3 Gems (save 200 Treasure/1 Gem!)[/indent] [font=Calibri][size=4]ONE (1) poetic dragon bio =[/size] [indent][font=Calibri][size=4]600 Treasure // 1 Gem[/size][/indent] [font=Calibri][size=4]Prices [i]are[/i] up for haggle if you want something very simple and you don't wish to pay full price for it. You will also get discounts the more dragon bios you commission me for. [b]My limit is three (3) dragon bios per person.[/b] If you wish to buy more bios from me, you'll have to place a new commission.[/size][/indent] [font=Calibri][size=5][b]4. My requirements for you[/b][/size] [font=Calibri][size=4]Please be patient, and don't be rude. Good writing isn't produced in a factory and I am only one person with a life outside of Flight Rising (and English isn't my first language), so some commissions might take a little while. I ensure that you won't be waiting ages for your work to be finished, but I require at least a couple of days to work, depending on what you've asked me to do. I also expect to be able to reach you if I have any questions about your commission. After I've turned in your finished work, you are welcome to ask me to correct some things - I will not charge extra for that. You're also welcome to edit the work yourself once I've been paid. If you use my work unedited, I'd like to be credited somewhere in the dragon's bio or on your page![/size] [font=Calibri][size=5][b]5. Commission forms[/b][/size] [font=Calibri][size=4]Please fill out the form that matches what you want when placing a commission! [quote][size=4][b]IF COMMISSIONING SIMPLE BIO(S):[/b][/size] [b]Your ID:[/b] [b]Amount:[/b] (one, two or three bios) [b]Dragon ID:[/b] [b]Personality (please be as specific as possible):[/b] [b]Occupation in clan (optional, if you want it included):[/b] [b]Brief backstory:[/b] [b]Other dragons to mention in bio (optional):[/b] [b]Other information I need to know:[/b] [b]Currency for payment:[/b] If you want to commission two bios, fill in two of the above form. If you want to commission three bios, fill in three of the above form.[/quote] [quote][size=4][b]IF COMMISSIONING POETIC BIO(S):[/b][/size] [b]Your ID:[/b] [b]Amount:[/b] (one, two or three bios) [b]Dragon ID:[/b] [b]Personality:[/b] [b]Occupation (optional):[/b] [b]Backstory:[/b] [b]Focus in poem:[/b] [b]Rhyme/No rhyme:[/b] [b]Amount of stanzas:[/b] [b]Other information I need to know:[/b] [b]Currency for payment:[/b] If you want to commission two bios, fill in two of the above form. If you want to commission three bios, fill in three of the above form.[/quote] [font=Calibri][size=5][b]6. Commission slots[/b][/size] [size=4](It will still only take up one slot if you commission me for three bios.) 1. 2. 3.[/size] [font=Calibri][size=5][b]7. Examples[/b][/size] [size=4][b]Simple bios:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=49731]My lair[/url]. There are still a lot of dragons that are missing bios, but the entire first page and until Cantarelli on page 2 are done in terms of writing. Commission for [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=158950]Nyfian[/url]'s Sarah:[/size] [indent][font=Calibri][size=3]Backstory When Sarah was a young dragon, her mother, Jinx, under the ill effects of a dreadful mental disease, abandoned her children in the Star Wood Strand – simply because it amused her. Unlike her siblings, Sarah was recovered from the Strand and returned to the lair. Her savior took her under their care, and the Imperial grew to an adult, the thought of her diseased mother always nagging her at the back of her skull. She resents her for what she did, yet she understands that she’s suffering, and remains in contact with her through her father, Eros. Unfortunately, it seems that Eros is succumbing to the very same illness as Jinx, leaving Sarah with two diseased, sociopathic parents. Job Sarah has taken up tailoring, having found her passion for making clothing when she was young. Her skill allows her to create beautiful silks and dresses from the rare materials that she collects on the clan’s island, and her competence has also placed her in charge of designing Harmonia’s, the leader’s, royal attire. Apart from her formal job, she has also made it a personal quest to find a cure for her parents, ridding them of their horrible disease once and for all.[/size][/indent] [font=Calibri][size=4]Commission for [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=256715]freckledcat16[/url]'s [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=256715&tab=dragon&did=25564695]Roisin[/url]:[/size] [indent][size=3][font=Calibri]Roisin is the founder and the alpha of the clan, and she's known for not letting her small size get in the way of her protecting and taking care of a group of much bigger dragons. She's willing to fight with claw and fang to guard those she loves, but her defenses aren't limited to her physical body: she also has a reputation of being snarky and silver-tongued, having the ability to bend words to her will and hit others precisely where she wishes. This punctuality can also be seen in her leadership, the Fae having nothing left for unnecessary nonsense, leading her clan with a stern hand, and expecting clear, quick results. This is, however, only one side of Roisin. While she can seem serious, she has a weakness for cute things, such as hatchlings. This ties in with many in the clan seeing her as a kind of mother figure - and more often than not, she's the first face newcomers are greeted by when joining the clan, much like their mother's face is the first thing a baby sees when hatching. So, all in all, Roisin leads her clan sternly for everything to remain in order, while she's also very protective of those she cares about and enjoys spending time with hatchlings.[/size][/indent] [font=Calibri][size=4][b]Poetic bios:[/b][/size] [indent][font=Calibri][size=3]1. A Fae with wings so thin The sun shines through the skin It casts a golden shadow below She is a sight to behold Her hide glimmering like jewels and gems The light in the forest; from her scales it stems Like a ray of sun, she pierces the dark And leaves in the eyes of many a spark - A short, rhyming drabble I made up off the top of my head, inspired by a beautiful, golden Fae (?). 2. A creature of the night, moving swiftly on silent feet, Her green eyes aglow with excitement, impatience... Hunger. The hunt has commenced - soon she will be joined by a swarm of her kind; a rapid river of sharpened claws and maws of teeth, one fading into another. She is the leader, of course, the mightiest, strongest, quickest of them all. They all recognise her power, and fear it, as do all others that are unlucky enough to get in her way. - Also a short drabble written off the top of my head, inspired by a carnivorous dragon on the hunt. I'm not as good at poetry that doesn't rhyme, but if you do commission a piece without rhyme, I will put a [i]lot[/i] more effort into it than I have this drabble (the rhyming one as well, of course).[/size][/indent]
Vodnici's Writings
Lore and Bio Corner

_____1369627_orig.gif

Welcome to my bio shop!
This is where I will be taking commissions for dragon biographies, and personality/occupation descriptions. Examples will be provided at the bottom.

1. My work
For dragon bios:
(1a) A short piece of text about the dragon's personality and/or its place in the clan (as seen in my lair).
(1b) A small poetic piece/rhyme capturing the "essence" of your dragon.

The above can be altered to fit your specific needs, and you're very welcome to request something else entirely, but I reserve the right to turn down any request for any reason.[/size]

2. My boundaries
I will not write long paragraphs (~longer than half a page on Microsoft Word, font size 12) due to time constraints.
I will not write nsfw.
I can write blood and gore, but prefer not to.
I don't mind whether I receive payment before or after your commission is done, but failure or refusal to pay me within a certain amount of time will result in inability to commission me in the future.

3. My prices
I bet this is what you've all been waiting to read about, yeah?

ONE (1) simple dragon bio =
750 Treasure // 2 Gems

TWO (2) simple dragon bios =
1300 Treasure // 3 Gems (save 200 Treasure/1 Gem!)

ONE (1) poetic dragon bio =
600 Treasure // 1 Gem

Prices are up for haggle if you want something very simple and you don't wish to pay full price for it. You will also get discounts the more dragon bios you commission me for. My limit is three (3) dragon bios per person. If you wish to buy more bios from me, you'll have to place a new commission.

4. My requirements for you
Please be patient, and don't be rude. Good writing isn't produced in a factory and I am only one person with a life outside of Flight Rising (and English isn't my first language), so some commissions might take a little while. I ensure that you won't be waiting ages for your work to be finished, but I require at least a couple of days to work, depending on what you've asked me to do. I also expect to be able to reach you if I have any questions about your commission.

After I've turned in your finished work, you are welcome to ask me to correct some things - I will not charge extra for that. You're also welcome to edit the work yourself once I've been paid. If you use my work unedited, I'd like to be credited somewhere in the dragon's bio or on your page!

5. Commission forms
Please fill out the form that matches what you want when placing a commission!

Quote:
IF COMMISSIONING SIMPLE BIO(S):

Your ID:
Amount: (one, two or three bios)
Dragon ID:
Personality (please be as specific as possible):
Occupation in clan (optional, if you want it included):
Brief backstory:
Other dragons to mention in bio (optional):
Other information I need to know:
Currency for payment:

If you want to commission two bios, fill in two of the above form. If you want to commission three bios, fill in three of the above form.
Quote:
IF COMMISSIONING POETIC BIO(S):

Your ID:
Amount: (one, two or three bios)
Dragon ID:
Personality:
Occupation (optional):
Backstory:
Focus in poem:
Rhyme/No rhyme:
Amount of stanzas:
Other information I need to know:
Currency for payment:

If you want to commission two bios, fill in two of the above form. If you want to commission three bios, fill in three of the above form.

6. Commission slots

(It will still only take up one slot if you commission me for three bios.)

7. Examples

Simple bios: My lair. There are still a lot of dragons that are missing bios, but the entire first page and until Cantarelli on page 2 are done in terms of writing.

Commission for Nyfian's Sarah:

Backstory
When Sarah was a young dragon, her mother, Jinx, under the ill effects of a dreadful mental disease, abandoned her children in the Star Wood Strand – simply because it amused her. Unlike her siblings, Sarah was recovered from the Strand and returned to the lair. Her savior took her under their care, and the Imperial grew to an adult, the thought of her diseased mother always nagging her at the back of her skull. She resents her for what she did, yet she understands that she’s suffering, and remains in contact with her through her father, Eros. Unfortunately, it seems that Eros is succumbing to the very same illness as Jinx, leaving Sarah with two diseased, sociopathic parents.

Job
Sarah has taken up tailoring, having found her passion for making clothing when she was young. Her skill allows her to create beautiful silks and dresses from the rare materials that she collects on the clan’s island, and her competence has also placed her in charge of designing Harmonia’s, the leader’s, royal attire. Apart from her formal job, she has also made it a personal quest to find a cure for her parents, ridding them of their horrible disease once and for all.

Commission for freckledcat16's Roisin:

Roisin is the founder and the alpha of the clan, and she's known for not letting her small size get in the way of her protecting and taking care of a group of much bigger dragons. She's willing to fight with claw and fang to guard those she loves, but her defenses aren't limited to her physical body: she also has a reputation of being snarky and silver-tongued, having the ability to bend words to her will and hit others precisely where she wishes. This punctuality can also be seen in her leadership, the Fae having nothing left for unnecessary nonsense, leading her clan with a stern hand, and expecting clear, quick results.

This is, however, only one side of Roisin. While she can seem serious, she has a weakness for cute things, such as hatchlings. This ties in with many in the clan seeing her as a kind of mother figure - and more often than not, she's the first face newcomers are greeted by when joining the clan, much like their mother's face is the first thing a baby sees when hatching. So, all in all, Roisin leads her clan sternly for everything to remain in order, while she's also very protective of those she cares about and enjoys spending time with hatchlings.

Poetic bios:

1. A Fae with wings so thin
The sun shines through the skin
It casts a golden shadow below
She is a sight to behold

Her hide glimmering like jewels and gems
The light in the forest; from her scales it stems
Like a ray of sun, she pierces the dark
And leaves in the eyes of many a spark

- A short, rhyming drabble I made up off the top of my head, inspired by a beautiful, golden Fae (?).

2. A creature of the night, moving swiftly on silent feet,
Her green eyes aglow with excitement, impatience...
Hunger.
The hunt has commenced - soon she will be joined by a swarm of her kind;
a rapid river of sharpened claws and maws of teeth,
one fading into another.
She is the leader, of course,
the mightiest, strongest, quickest of them all.
They all recognise her power, and fear it,
as do all others that are unlucky enough to get in her way.

- Also a short drabble written off the top of my head, inspired by a carnivorous dragon on the hunt. I'm not as good at poetry that doesn't rhyme, but if you do commission a piece without rhyme, I will put a lot more effort into it than I have this drabble (the rhyming one as well, of course).
My bio commissions page
My pixel commissions page
Another bump!
Another bump!
My bio commissions page
Bumpity bump
Bumpity bump
My bio commissions page