Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Traditional Art
1 2 3 4 5 6
@CuQuoise Yeeeah, I need help xD,
@CuQuoise Yeeeah, I need help xD,
Something Funny
@SilverOrb
It's always fun to combine! My linear is more fluid on paper, but for some people it's the opposite or they like crisper lines, so they do their lines digitally then print it! combining 2d, 3d and digital media leads to worlds of possibilities :P
@SilverOrb
It's always fun to combine! My linear is more fluid on paper, but for some people it's the opposite or they like crisper lines, so they do their lines digitally then print it! combining 2d, 3d and digital media leads to worlds of possibilities :P
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
@SilverOrb

XD no problem.

Is it something in particular?

I'll see if I can answer some basics in the mean time:

To embed images in a post right click on the image (if it is already hosted online somewhere) and pick "copy image adress" Come back to the post you're writing, and click on the tree image in the post's tool bar above. Paste the web address into the open text field and hit okay. Or just paste the copied address directly into the post body with [img ]in fromt of the address and[/img ] (the closing img code has / in it) at the end. These have a space added so they show here. When you type yours, make sure the img and brackets have no spaces between 'em XD
You can see how it'll look in your post by clicking the preview button on the bottom left before you post to make sure it worked.

If you need an image host (though I think you mentioned one you may be using earlier, I'm just not familiar with it) I find gyazo is awesome, imgur is pretty good, and tinypic is alright. Tinypic's saving grace is a re-sizing tool that I can actually get to work :P Its sizes are also ideal for this site. Gyazo is especially sweet because you can just use the desktop app tool to draw a box around the image on your computer and it automatically uploads and creates a link for you. It's kinda slick ;}

Scanning traditional art to even get it on the computer is another issue altogether. I have resorted to using Camscan on my phone for most things, but it is touchy about the lighting you're working with. It let's me down big time on cloudy days, indoors, or if it's too late in the day o.o
It can share nicely from the app to your computer though, through email, for example, or even gyazo if you want to put that on your phone as well. Your household office scanner works of course! Mine however, hates purple, refuses to acknowledge that bright green even exists, and only offers 300dpi(!) Perhaps yours, if you have one, is less snobby :P

All of these are free (except for the office scanner of course hehe). The paid versions haven't been needed yet or my uses.

The post here has links to bbcode guides and such tha might be helpful too. I put that together for something else, but maybe it'll still be helpful for you? idk

Please let me know if I didn't hit the question you have ^^
@SilverOrb

XD no problem.

Is it something in particular?

I'll see if I can answer some basics in the mean time:

To embed images in a post right click on the image (if it is already hosted online somewhere) and pick "copy image adress" Come back to the post you're writing, and click on the tree image in the post's tool bar above. Paste the web address into the open text field and hit okay. Or just paste the copied address directly into the post body with [img ]in fromt of the address and[/img ] (the closing img code has / in it) at the end. These have a space added so they show here. When you type yours, make sure the img and brackets have no spaces between 'em XD
You can see how it'll look in your post by clicking the preview button on the bottom left before you post to make sure it worked.

If you need an image host (though I think you mentioned one you may be using earlier, I'm just not familiar with it) I find gyazo is awesome, imgur is pretty good, and tinypic is alright. Tinypic's saving grace is a re-sizing tool that I can actually get to work :P Its sizes are also ideal for this site. Gyazo is especially sweet because you can just use the desktop app tool to draw a box around the image on your computer and it automatically uploads and creates a link for you. It's kinda slick ;}

Scanning traditional art to even get it on the computer is another issue altogether. I have resorted to using Camscan on my phone for most things, but it is touchy about the lighting you're working with. It let's me down big time on cloudy days, indoors, or if it's too late in the day o.o
It can share nicely from the app to your computer though, through email, for example, or even gyazo if you want to put that on your phone as well. Your household office scanner works of course! Mine however, hates purple, refuses to acknowledge that bright green even exists, and only offers 300dpi(!) Perhaps yours, if you have one, is less snobby :P

All of these are free (except for the office scanner of course hehe). The paid versions haven't been needed yet or my uses.

The post here has links to bbcode guides and such tha might be helpful too. I put that together for something else, but maybe it'll still be helpful for you? idk

Please let me know if I didn't hit the question you have ^^
P20SGb4.gif 46f50f75104349928b2b563ef0bd79f0.png 7d8e2ec83eb93e741fea5c9bf2d420d1.png RM3KMxz.gif
@CuQuoise Sorry I haven't updated, junior years starting back up. And, I think you more than answered it. In fact, you gave me answers to questions that i havent even asked yet. I'll be sure to use all of this tomorrow when i have time. Thank you so much >.<
@CuQuoise Sorry I haven't updated, junior years starting back up. And, I think you more than answered it. In fact, you gave me answers to questions that i havent even asked yet. I'll be sure to use all of this tomorrow when i have time. Thank you so much >.<
Something Funny
@SilverOrb I use digital and traditional for different subjects and types of artwork. Because digital takes less time and I can do more effects with it that I'm either really bad at or can't do easily in traditional, I use digital for quick pieces that need to look good, since coloring takes way less time and looks cleaner, or for art that I don't think I can do justice to with pencils and markers. [img]http://i.imgur.com/fRMiUYQl.png[/img] This is a character reference that I drew digitally to make clearer and more colorful. Because something like this would have taken me a great while traditionally and would not have looked as clean as this would have, I did it digitally to save time (because for the sake of a reference, I didn't want to spend hours on something way too detailed) and because it looks more professional and vibrant when colors I can't replicate with traditional media are used. [img]http://i.imgur.com/7D00Ksc.jpg[/img] This is an example of a piece that I wanted to look really detailed, but lacked the skills and training to do so with traditional media. The glow would be nearly impossible with my accessible materials as well, so in order to do justice to the idea, I had to use computer methods.
@SilverOrb

I use digital and traditional for different subjects and types of artwork.

Because digital takes less time and I can do more effects with it that I'm either really bad at or can't do easily in traditional, I use digital for quick pieces that need to look good, since coloring takes way less time and looks cleaner, or for art that I don't think I can do justice to with pencils and markers.

fRMiUYQl.png

This is a character reference that I drew digitally to make clearer and more colorful. Because something like this would have taken me a great while traditionally and would not have looked as clean as this would have, I did it digitally to save time (because for the sake of a reference, I didn't want to spend hours on something way too detailed) and because it looks more professional and vibrant when colors I can't replicate with traditional media are used.

7D00Ksc.jpg

This is an example of a piece that I wanted to look really detailed, but lacked the skills and training to do so with traditional media. The glow would be nearly impossible with my accessible materials as well, so in order to do justice to the idea, I had to use computer methods.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
1 2 3 4 5 6