Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Lets Talk About Our Favorite Music!
1 2 3 4
Okay, I'm super bored and want to talk so what are your guys' favorite songs, albums, artists... you know. I have to say that I really like Madeon and Porter Robinson. Can't wait to hear more from them!

Title edited in accordance with Forum CoC. No all caps, please!
Okay, I'm super bored and want to talk so what are your guys' favorite songs, albums, artists... you know. I have to say that I really like Madeon and Porter Robinson. Can't wait to hear more from them!

Title edited in accordance with Forum CoC. No all caps, please!
hagaglglglgl
@moonkitsune
Oh man I physically have too many favs of everything XD
I go between like The Amity Affliction to Joakim Karud lol but I would have to say I'm always pretty happy hearing P!ATD, ATL or Good Charlotte. So Wrong it's right is by far my most listened to Album.

Btw I was hella excited getting an email about tour tickets from The Mowgli's :D

I also found really good remixes on SoundCloud recently so I've been putting a playlist together c:
@moonkitsune
Oh man I physically have too many favs of everything XD
I go between like The Amity Affliction to Joakim Karud lol but I would have to say I'm always pretty happy hearing P!ATD, ATL or Good Charlotte. So Wrong it's right is by far my most listened to Album.

Btw I was hella excited getting an email about tour tickets from The Mowgli's :D

I also found really good remixes on SoundCloud recently so I've been putting a playlist together c:
tsKE8q5.png 11nVSmV.png

LF Vibrant Dragons

Art Dump!

Tot's Extra Dergs

IlQRgS6.png

i wouldn't say i have many (if any) all time favs that never change, but i do have some bands/artists i rly love... (this is gonna be a long post fyi)

Ludo - besides havin a good sound, they have a few rly cool themes/stories to their songs (lovecraft, horror, comedy), along w their album The Broken Bride which is all a single story told thru the songs.

Reel Big Fish - ska/rock. love the upbeat music, esp paired w their often cynical/pessimistic lyrics. along w their v cool covers of Take On Me & Hungry Like a Wolf. great if ur a fan o comedically depressing songs w upbeat tempos. another band w some funny songs.

Florence + the Machine - holy crap i love her music. esp a fan o her newest album. have had quite a bit of inspiration for stories/characters from her music, & it's just... amazing overall.

The Seatbelts - the band that did the music for one o my all-time favorite tv shows, Cowboy Bebop. if i had to listen to just one soundtrack for the rest o my life, it'd be this one. absolutely masterful. jazzy, moody, just... sublime. i don't kno much o her work outside this but the CB soundtrack alone is enough for me to call Yoko Kanno a musical genius.

Jason Mraz - his stuff has a v strong nostalgic feeling to me bc it reminds me a lot o the local artists i've listened to at cafes & such. rly lovely music, i'm a big fan o his voice & lyrics. often v relaxing.

Marilyn Manson - i don't love everything o his, but i'll always be a fan o his stuff. love the mood, sound, lyrics, and his voice (he also comes off as a v smart guy--i even read his autobiography).

Dethklok - never been a hardcore metalhead, but the comedy o the lyrics combined w my love for the show (Metalocalypse) that spawned the band makes me rly rly enjoy this music. esp the Doomstar Requiem soundtrack.

Voltaire - comedy, w a spooky/gothic twist to much of it. heavy use o violin, which is one o my fav instruments to listen to. i greatly enjoy the themes o his songs, & they can be quite funny. even the stuff that isn't comedic is greatly enjoyable.

Queens of the Stone Age - i haven't listened to their stuff much lately, but i do still love it. not the heaviest stuff i'll listen to in the sense o rock/metal, but heavy in terms of its sound--as in, the music feels heavy. grungy & dark.

David Bowie - R.I.P. i heard his music a lot growin up, on car trips n such, but it wasn't till later in life i started listenin to more of it on my own. he was amazing, imo. i rly love his style, & some o his songs are v nostalgic to me.

Peter Fox, IAMX, Mother Mother, Foxy Shazam, Led Zeppelin, Disturbed, Rammstein - grouped together bc i don't have a ton to say on each one individually, other than that i rly love. esp IAMX--it's rare to find a band that touches on themes of atheism that isn't in a one-off song or smth comedic. Disturbed was the first metal band i got into, & i still unironically love their music. Rammstein is a band that takes itself just seriously enough to be both awesome & hilarious.

other than that there are some video game soundtracks i'll never stop lovin (any Legend of Zelda, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, the Halo games, etc), tv show/movie soundtracks (Firefly, Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny, any number o Disney movies, etc) & some musicals (Sweeney Todd, Little Shop of Horrors, etc).
i wouldn't say i have many (if any) all time favs that never change, but i do have some bands/artists i rly love... (this is gonna be a long post fyi)

Ludo - besides havin a good sound, they have a few rly cool themes/stories to their songs (lovecraft, horror, comedy), along w their album The Broken Bride which is all a single story told thru the songs.

Reel Big Fish - ska/rock. love the upbeat music, esp paired w their often cynical/pessimistic lyrics. along w their v cool covers of Take On Me & Hungry Like a Wolf. great if ur a fan o comedically depressing songs w upbeat tempos. another band w some funny songs.

Florence + the Machine - holy crap i love her music. esp a fan o her newest album. have had quite a bit of inspiration for stories/characters from her music, & it's just... amazing overall.

The Seatbelts - the band that did the music for one o my all-time favorite tv shows, Cowboy Bebop. if i had to listen to just one soundtrack for the rest o my life, it'd be this one. absolutely masterful. jazzy, moody, just... sublime. i don't kno much o her work outside this but the CB soundtrack alone is enough for me to call Yoko Kanno a musical genius.

Jason Mraz - his stuff has a v strong nostalgic feeling to me bc it reminds me a lot o the local artists i've listened to at cafes & such. rly lovely music, i'm a big fan o his voice & lyrics. often v relaxing.

Marilyn Manson - i don't love everything o his, but i'll always be a fan o his stuff. love the mood, sound, lyrics, and his voice (he also comes off as a v smart guy--i even read his autobiography).

Dethklok - never been a hardcore metalhead, but the comedy o the lyrics combined w my love for the show (Metalocalypse) that spawned the band makes me rly rly enjoy this music. esp the Doomstar Requiem soundtrack.

Voltaire - comedy, w a spooky/gothic twist to much of it. heavy use o violin, which is one o my fav instruments to listen to. i greatly enjoy the themes o his songs, & they can be quite funny. even the stuff that isn't comedic is greatly enjoyable.

Queens of the Stone Age - i haven't listened to their stuff much lately, but i do still love it. not the heaviest stuff i'll listen to in the sense o rock/metal, but heavy in terms of its sound--as in, the music feels heavy. grungy & dark.

David Bowie - R.I.P. i heard his music a lot growin up, on car trips n such, but it wasn't till later in life i started listenin to more of it on my own. he was amazing, imo. i rly love his style, & some o his songs are v nostalgic to me.

Peter Fox, IAMX, Mother Mother, Foxy Shazam, Led Zeppelin, Disturbed, Rammstein - grouped together bc i don't have a ton to say on each one individually, other than that i rly love. esp IAMX--it's rare to find a band that touches on themes of atheism that isn't in a one-off song or smth comedic. Disturbed was the first metal band i got into, & i still unironically love their music. Rammstein is a band that takes itself just seriously enough to be both awesome & hilarious.

other than that there are some video game soundtracks i'll never stop lovin (any Legend of Zelda, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, the Halo games, etc), tv show/movie soundtracks (Firefly, Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny, any number o Disney movies, etc) & some musicals (Sweeney Todd, Little Shop of Horrors, etc).
@moonkitsune
I am a nerd, so I don't listen to albums. I listen to videogame soundtracks. My favorites are Okami, Legend of Zelda, and Xenoblade Chronicles, in that order.

@avespanthera
OKAMIIIIIIIIIIII
@moonkitsune
I am a nerd, so I don't listen to albums. I listen to videogame soundtracks. My favorites are Okami, Legend of Zelda, and Xenoblade Chronicles, in that order.

@avespanthera
OKAMIIIIIIIIIIII
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
Everything by Queen and Bowie!!!!!!!!
Everything by Queen and Bowie!!!!!!!!
@moonkitsune PORTER ROBINSON IS SO GOOD
My favs from him are definitely flicker and natural light.
If you like him, you'll like HOME. Try looking up HOME- Resonance and HOME- We're finally landing. GOod sh1tt
@moonkitsune PORTER ROBINSON IS SO GOOD
My favs from him are definitely flicker and natural light.
If you like him, you'll like HOME. Try looking up HOME- Resonance and HOME- We're finally landing. GOod sh1tt
k70VEH8.png
Ugh my music taste is all over the place.

Currently , album wise, I'm in love with Rihanna's ANTI, Annabel Jones's Libelle EP, Grimes's Artangels, ODESZA's In Return, Halsey's Badlands, Tegan and Sara'a Love You Too Death and Willa's Criminals + Dreamers.

Song wise, there are too many.

@avespanthera
I LOVE Florence + The Machine.
Ugh my music taste is all over the place.

Currently , album wise, I'm in love with Rihanna's ANTI, Annabel Jones's Libelle EP, Grimes's Artangels, ODESZA's In Return, Halsey's Badlands, Tegan and Sara'a Love You Too Death and Willa's Criminals + Dreamers.

Song wise, there are too many.

@avespanthera
I LOVE Florence + The Machine.
gSWTvLZ.pngqojQtmv.png
GLASS ANIMALS!!!
i love glass animals. i love them so much. all of their music is really incredible and it feels so surreal to listen to and i've been the biggest fan ever since zaba's release and i am so excited for how to be a human being, i've listened to their new single at least a hundred times since it was released. if i could date music, i'd date whatever sound glass animals has.

other artists i really really like include but are absolutely not limited to alt-j, the dear hunter, freelance whales, the airborne toxic event, varien, death magic, amber run, banners, crywolf, iamx, the xx, low roar, snowmine, purity ring, sea wolf, shearwater, sohn, the neighborhood... i have a slight music obsession...
GLASS ANIMALS!!!
i love glass animals. i love them so much. all of their music is really incredible and it feels so surreal to listen to and i've been the biggest fan ever since zaba's release and i am so excited for how to be a human being, i've listened to their new single at least a hundred times since it was released. if i could date music, i'd date whatever sound glass animals has.

other artists i really really like include but are absolutely not limited to alt-j, the dear hunter, freelance whales, the airborne toxic event, varien, death magic, amber run, banners, crywolf, iamx, the xx, low roar, snowmine, purity ring, sea wolf, shearwater, sohn, the neighborhood... i have a slight music obsession...
Tarnished Cerdae Necklace she/they
fr+1
@Eaglefairy
YESSSSS
one o my all-time fav games. it's just... so beautiful...

@winterrose21
NICE. def among the bands i listen to the most.
@Eaglefairy
YESSSSS
one o my all-time fav games. it's just... so beautiful...

@winterrose21
NICE. def among the bands i listen to the most.
@avespanthera

I love them. I haven't been listening them a lot recently though.
@avespanthera

I love them. I haven't been listening them a lot recently though.
gSWTvLZ.pngqojQtmv.png
1 2 3 4