Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | lore advice?
1 2
i've been having trouble with working out clan lore lately - and specifically, how exalting would work for them.

my clan is made up of dragons from all different flights, and who all worship different deities. the clan itself is a group of pirates and thieves based in wind flight territory, and as such, all dragons that i exalt go to the windsinger.

i'm having trouble how this would fit into the lore - why would a dragon choose to be exalted to a deity other than their own?

i've also considered going a darker route - the clan leaders forcefully exalt them to windsinger - except that my leaders are plague and arcane, and that doesn't seem to fit wind lore at all anyway.

so, does anyone else have ideas about how i could fit this all together? or is anyone else having similar problems?
i've been having trouble with working out clan lore lately - and specifically, how exalting would work for them.

my clan is made up of dragons from all different flights, and who all worship different deities. the clan itself is a group of pirates and thieves based in wind flight territory, and as such, all dragons that i exalt go to the windsinger.

i'm having trouble how this would fit into the lore - why would a dragon choose to be exalted to a deity other than their own?

i've also considered going a darker route - the clan leaders forcefully exalt them to windsinger - except that my leaders are plague and arcane, and that doesn't seem to fit wind lore at all anyway.

so, does anyone else have ideas about how i could fit this all together? or is anyone else having similar problems?
ws5n0tJ.png
@artangcls
FIRST OFF-
Nice icon and sig, windpapa is the best
I think out of respect, if you're in Wind territory you'd feel like you have an obligation to go serve under the Windsinger. It's like a very common understanding maybe (in your clan) that if in the territory of one flight, if you have the honour of being sent to serve under a deity, you go to that flight's deity to almost thank them for letting you into their domain? I don't know.
@artangcls
FIRST OFF-
Nice icon and sig, windpapa is the best
I think out of respect, if you're in Wind territory you'd feel like you have an obligation to go serve under the Windsinger. It's like a very common understanding maybe (in your clan) that if in the territory of one flight, if you have the honour of being sent to serve under a deity, you go to that flight's deity to almost thank them for letting you into their domain? I don't know.
xU6Kkao.png
@artangcls Huhhh, perhaps an old spell or jinx? Because they're a long line of pirates and thieves and they've probably angered a scary witch some centuries ago :o a witch who herself was a Wind dragon and has therefore cast this spell that goes along the lines "you have treated me in an ungodly manner, now you must serve my god forever" ? :D
@artangcls Huhhh, perhaps an old spell or jinx? Because they're a long line of pirates and thieves and they've probably angered a scary witch some centuries ago :o a witch who herself was a Wind dragon and has therefore cast this spell that goes along the lines "you have treated me in an ungodly manner, now you must serve my god forever" ? :D
Ef84x2q.png ozDAjIE.png
znuJtTb.png
If it's pirates and theives, maybe they are paid to go work for windsinger at a price they can't refuse. He needs their services and offers them something in return? ¯\_(^^')_/¯ best of luck, I'm still trying to figure out clan lore as well lol
If it's pirates and theives, maybe they are paid to go work for windsinger at a price they can't refuse. He needs their services and offers them something in return? ¯\_(^^')_/¯ best of luck, I'm still trying to figure out clan lore as well lol
@spaceprince i've found my twin :o and i like that idea a lot, except not all my dragons are the most honorable sorts? maybe they just kind of have an understanding that they have to exalt dragons to windsinger to avoid angering him or smthn? even though he doesn't seem like a very angery guy... i'll have to think on it

@basilius ooh, i like that a lot too... it does fit in p well with the whole "dishonorable thieves n pirates" thing i have going on. but with the way i have it now, most of them have traveled from other regions before they joined the clan, so i'm not sure how i would work out a family curse? maybe make it so that the clan itself is cursed... idk
@spaceprince i've found my twin :o and i like that idea a lot, except not all my dragons are the most honorable sorts? maybe they just kind of have an understanding that they have to exalt dragons to windsinger to avoid angering him or smthn? even though he doesn't seem like a very angery guy... i'll have to think on it

@basilius ooh, i like that a lot too... it does fit in p well with the whole "dishonorable thieves n pirates" thing i have going on. but with the way i have it now, most of them have traveled from other regions before they joined the clan, so i'm not sure how i would work out a family curse? maybe make it so that the clan itself is cursed... idk
ws5n0tJ.png
@artangcls
Both our icons have the same parents!! This is super cool ahh
Anyways- the Windsinger is always travelling, you could say that you exalt your dragons to him so they get to experience the land of other flights and join him on his travels to get info and even treasure from all the different territories they pass? Seems like something a pirate would do imo. They could also travel with him and you could say that they were left to fight in their own elemental territory or snuck away while they were there?
@artangcls
Both our icons have the same parents!! This is super cool ahh
Anyways- the Windsinger is always travelling, you could say that you exalt your dragons to him so they get to experience the land of other flights and join him on his travels to get info and even treasure from all the different territories they pass? Seems like something a pirate would do imo. They could also travel with him and you could say that they were left to fight in their own elemental territory or snuck away while they were there?
xU6Kkao.png
@Falconheart ooh, i do like the idea of mercenaries :o or the clan could have a deal with another clan where they're paid to help with wind's dominance efforts instead of their own individual flight allegiances
@Falconheart ooh, i do like the idea of mercenaries :o or the clan could have a deal with another clan where they're paid to help with wind's dominance efforts instead of their own individual flight allegiances
ws5n0tJ.png
@spaceprince aaah that's so cool!! dragon twins!!!

and i do like that idea a lot too - like, they join windsinger on his travels to see the world and maybe get a little extra treasure along the way
@spaceprince aaah that's so cool!! dragon twins!!!

and i do like that idea a lot too - like, they join windsinger on his travels to see the world and maybe get a little extra treasure along the way
ws5n0tJ.png
@artangcls

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't think pirates and brigands and such would... be religious? Like I know it kind of works differently in FR since the deities are demonstrably real, but would they still really care -that- much about which deity they serve? They obviously can't be too loyal to their own element seeing as they left their homelands to go pirating with what I assume was minimal hesitation.
@artangcls

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't think pirates and brigands and such would... be religious? Like I know it kind of works differently in FR since the deities are demonstrably real, but would they still really care -that- much about which deity they serve? They obviously can't be too loyal to their own element seeing as they left their homelands to go pirating with what I assume was minimal hesitation.
Pull from davey jones stories. When your dragons are about to die, they are offered a chance of redemption for the deeds they have done before they traverse onto the next life and are judged (or whatever).
Pull from davey jones stories. When your dragons are about to die, they are offered a chance of redemption for the deeds they have done before they traverse onto the next life and are judged (or whatever).
j3zsWMV.png
Click to get your own flight banner (by Khrysteen)
1 2