Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Cartoon derg headshots: interest check?
1 2
I've been considering starting an art shop lately (or possibly selling adoptables), both as a way for me to practice digital art and earn a little extra treasure. However, I wanted to check that people would be interested. I'm also terrible at pricing things (especially the things that I make lol), so I was curious what you would all be willing / able to pay for art in this style (possibly more or less complex?? I know this is a little rough but it's pretty close to the quality of work I'd be able to do for the art shop). [img]http://i.imgur.com/FvDopLwl.jpg[/img] Just for your reference for pricing, this drawing took me about three or four hours total (about one for the sketch and two for digital coloring and lineart). I would be willing to draw humans and gijinkas as well, but my only references for those are drawn traditionally. I could whip up some examples if anyone is interested, though. I'm also more than open to constructive criticism, if you have any. So, tl;dr: 1. Would you buy art in this style? 2. How much would you be willing to pay for it?
I've been considering starting an art shop lately (or possibly selling adoptables), both as a way for me to practice digital art and earn a little extra treasure. However, I wanted to check that people would be interested. I'm also terrible at pricing things (especially the things that I make lol), so I was curious what you would all be willing / able to pay for art in this style (possibly more or less complex?? I know this is a little rough but it's pretty close to the quality of work I'd be able to do for the art shop).

FvDopLwl.jpg

Just for your reference for pricing, this drawing took me about three or four hours total (about one for the sketch and two for digital coloring and lineart).

I would be willing to draw humans and gijinkas as well, but my only references for those are drawn traditionally. I could whip up some examples if anyone is interested, though.

I'm also more than open to constructive criticism, if you have any.

So, tl;dr:
1. Would you buy art in this style?
2. How much would you be willing to pay for it?
ws5n0tJ.png
@artangcls
1. Id have to see other breeds/humans/gijinkas first i think, though lookin good o v o
2. Mmmhm. 10-25ktish?? (Treasure) maybe up to 30ktish. I dont know how to price
@artangcls
1. Id have to see other breeds/humans/gijinkas first i think, though lookin good o v o
2. Mmmhm. 10-25ktish?? (Treasure) maybe up to 30ktish. I dont know how to price
T3TuubO.png
@dragoncrystal Thank you! :) I'm planning on working on some more examples soon. And yeah, I'm not great with pricing either but that sounds good to me.
@dragoncrystal Thank you! :) I'm planning on working on some more examples soon. And yeah, I'm not great with pricing either but that sounds good to me.
ws5n0tJ.png
bump!
bump!
ws5n0tJ.png
@artangcls I did a similar shop thing with the little head bust ex)[img]http://s32.postimg.org/htfsgdked/stellar_button2.png[/img] Since they are simple looking and just the head, I priced them at 10k. 15k for complicated accents. And 5k for all apparel.
@artangcls

I did a similar shop thing with the little head bust ex)stellar_button2.png

Since they are simple looking and just the head, I priced them at 10k. 15k for complicated accents. And 5k for all apparel.
4a0fJn6.png
@Omalleycat Yeah, that's what I'm thinking for price if I do an adoptable, maybe a little more if I decide to take commissions instead.

(And yours is very cute, I think I'm gonna go check out your shop when I get some extra treasure)
@Omalleycat Yeah, that's what I'm thinking for price if I do an adoptable, maybe a little more if I decide to take commissions instead.

(And yours is very cute, I think I'm gonna go check out your shop when I get some extra treasure)
ws5n0tJ.png
@artangcls
I need to be pinged if you open a art shop or a adoptable thing!
@artangcls
I need to be pinged if you open a art shop or a adoptable thing!
@WildWing101 Wow, thank you! I'll be sure to ping you
@WildWing101 Wow, thank you! I'll be sure to ping you
ws5n0tJ.png
@artangcls

I would buy definitely buy these! (seriously ping me if you open shop) And when it comes to price, with how much time you said you spend on one of these if you go the commission route I'd say at the very least 40kt I feel like you would be underpricing yourself otherwise. (at least from what I've seen) As for an adoptable price I'm not sure!
@artangcls

I would buy definitely buy these! (seriously ping me if you open shop) And when it comes to price, with how much time you said you spend on one of these if you go the commission route I'd say at the very least 40kt I feel like you would be underpricing yourself otherwise. (at least from what I've seen) As for an adoptable price I'm not sure!
tumblr_inline_ph66ygtX8D1trnsp5_540.giftumblr_inline_p7tsvyzpyk1trnsp5_540.gifbig_shift_by_shapeshifthate-dckip66.pngbig_terr_by_shapeshifthate-dckip6i.png
@artangcls SO CUTE I WOULD LOVE TO BUY ONE!

@artangcls SO CUTE I WOULD LOVE TO BUY ONE!

1 2