Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Put ALL holiday items in the joxar chest
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 57 58
I support. The chances are so slim. You aren't giving these retired items to everyone. Just think of it as an extra few users buying the retired items during the holiday. Is it going to ruin the future sell value? Not at all!
I support. The chances are so slim. You aren't giving these retired items to everyone. Just think of it as an extra few users buying the retired items during the holiday. Is it going to ruin the future sell value? Not at all!
I support.
If drop rates will be properly adjusted, the retired familiars (sprites, fo example), will not grow cheaper, but they, at least, will not disappear completely from circulation.
I support.
If drop rates will be properly adjusted, the retired familiars (sprites, fo example), will not grow cheaper, but they, at least, will not disappear completely from circulation.
still supporting this

Like many I want to work hard for the sprites and other retired items but the thing is, I can't keep up, simple as that, I'm not one of those lucky people who can rope in mils a day or more.

My art skills are terrible and well not many accept art for items anyways, so can't do skins/accents either. I'm not good at offsite trading mainly since I haven't been long enough of other sites to gather items of the same value, I can't use fair grounds or coli to well either since my wifi is a pain in the butt. Writing is out of the question too, I pretty much make my money from familiars, gathering, tomo and pinkerton. that's it.

So TLDR:

I want to work hard but I don't want my goal post to be moved or to vanish completely before I can be able to reach it less we can get every single person on FR to agree to sell fests stuff for what they currently are worth forever and never bump up prices anymore

also the attitude of some people is just asinine, least I haven't seen people yet say "Well sprites aren't for casual players" what casual players can't have long term goals now? please.
still supporting this

Like many I want to work hard for the sprites and other retired items but the thing is, I can't keep up, simple as that, I'm not one of those lucky people who can rope in mils a day or more.

My art skills are terrible and well not many accept art for items anyways, so can't do skins/accents either. I'm not good at offsite trading mainly since I haven't been long enough of other sites to gather items of the same value, I can't use fair grounds or coli to well either since my wifi is a pain in the butt. Writing is out of the question too, I pretty much make my money from familiars, gathering, tomo and pinkerton. that's it.

So TLDR:

I want to work hard but I don't want my goal post to be moved or to vanish completely before I can be able to reach it less we can get every single person on FR to agree to sell fests stuff for what they currently are worth forever and never bump up prices anymore

also the attitude of some people is just asinine, least I haven't seen people yet say "Well sprites aren't for casual players" what casual players can't have long term goals now? please.
DVcXRyP.png
At the rates being suggested in this thread, I honestly don't see how it would negatively effect people, since there's multiple people and playing styles on the site. Yes, there's a slim chance a user who is currently working for a sprite and would spend treasure on it would, instead, get one in the Joxar Box and thus not purchase one from another player, but there are more to take that person's place. Furthermore, there are even more people on site who would never be able to or want to save up treasure for a sprite; if any of these players got a sprite in the Joxar Box and decided to keep it--it isn't effecting any sales at all as there was no potential sales in the first place. Another equal possibility is someone who has a sprite would get a duplicate--which would even include those who do not support this due to "protecting their investments." In this scenario, their investment has suddenly doubled since now they have two sprites to sell/keep/trade/raffle/whatever. And in the case whoever gets a Joxar Box sprite and decides to sell it, that wouldn't hurt anyone else's sale because, as said before, there clearly are more people than sprites--if User A doesn't buy it, User B will.
At the rates being suggested in this thread, I honestly don't see how it would negatively effect people, since there's multiple people and playing styles on the site. Yes, there's a slim chance a user who is currently working for a sprite and would spend treasure on it would, instead, get one in the Joxar Box and thus not purchase one from another player, but there are more to take that person's place. Furthermore, there are even more people on site who would never be able to or want to save up treasure for a sprite; if any of these players got a sprite in the Joxar Box and decided to keep it--it isn't effecting any sales at all as there was no potential sales in the first place. Another equal possibility is someone who has a sprite would get a duplicate--which would even include those who do not support this due to "protecting their investments." In this scenario, their investment has suddenly doubled since now they have two sprites to sell/keep/trade/raffle/whatever. And in the case whoever gets a Joxar Box sprite and decides to sell it, that wouldn't hurt anyone else's sale because, as said before, there clearly are more people than sprites--if User A doesn't buy it, User B will.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I wish all festival stuff would be put in the box, just stuff from 2013-2014 would be a very low chance.

I got lucky that somebody GAVE me some festival things from June and July 2013, but I still feel bad for people who will have to save up to buy them. The price is only going to go up and by the time they get the money they thought they were going to need, the price will have only inflated to a higher price.
I wish all festival stuff would be put in the box, just stuff from 2013-2014 would be a very low chance.

I got lucky that somebody GAVE me some festival things from June and July 2013, but I still feel bad for people who will have to save up to buy them. The price is only going to go up and by the time they get the money they thought they were going to need, the price will have only inflated to a higher price.
jGMxCMK.gif8wD7E2s.png
I realized I forgot to account for recolors, I'm going to assume we'll get recolors for all holiday stuff. and let's say the rest of the holiday stuff would be included as well

So, aside the 11 sprites, 11 armbands and 11 big apparel there is going to be recolors of these, plus 44 items from year two and 44 items from year 3, then 44 items from year 4. that together is 176 items in total, plus a whole amount of skins and accents upping up the number even more. 0,1% chance of getting 2013-2014 items would hardly bring a dent in their value, there is going to be tons of other items people will be able to obtain. So there would be no real concern for these items to be reduced to pennies.

I also noticed that someone mentioned that if the first year stuff were to go extinct and the admins were then deciding to reintroduce them it;d require a much bigger amount of them to be reintroduced to stabilize the prizes his could be a LOT more damaging. Because it would require a larger amount and it'd mean their value would drop drastically.

So which scenario is better? A teeny tiny small trickle or a massive re-introduction?
I realized I forgot to account for recolors, I'm going to assume we'll get recolors for all holiday stuff. and let's say the rest of the holiday stuff would be included as well

So, aside the 11 sprites, 11 armbands and 11 big apparel there is going to be recolors of these, plus 44 items from year two and 44 items from year 3, then 44 items from year 4. that together is 176 items in total, plus a whole amount of skins and accents upping up the number even more. 0,1% chance of getting 2013-2014 items would hardly bring a dent in their value, there is going to be tons of other items people will be able to obtain. So there would be no real concern for these items to be reduced to pennies.

I also noticed that someone mentioned that if the first year stuff were to go extinct and the admins were then deciding to reintroduce them it;d require a much bigger amount of them to be reintroduced to stabilize the prizes his could be a LOT more damaging. Because it would require a larger amount and it'd mean their value would drop drastically.

So which scenario is better? A teeny tiny small trickle or a massive re-introduction?
DVcXRyP.png
[quote name="Mura" date=2016-07-11 10:24:45] It doesn't seem fair to the people who have spent a ton of time and resources getting old items based on the knowledge that they're retired if suddenly their value goes way down. [/quote] Well, I've acquired a plague sprite just yesterday. I'm glad I had the previous owner lock the price since it inflated so d@mn much over the time I needed to get the funds. I plan on slowly gathering the funds for the other sprites, though the light sprite is unobtainable for me (no money, slow internet=no daily lucky streak, no coli grinding). I would absolutely support this to the end of days only because there would be a steady (albeit small) supply of sprites that'll keep players investing time and money in this site. And about the point of lowering values, for the past few days (weeks?) there were only 2 light sprites in the market. I checked yesterday and there were 6. Did their value lessen? Heck no. If the reintroduction would stay under a certain # over a certain period of time I hardly think the market will crash. (Say a sprite is sold and you introduce a new one, that wouldn't lower the value, it'd keep it the same, if not raise it because of the rising demand.) Sorry if this is a jumbled mess of thoughts, I'm pretty bad at expressing myself, plus this isn't my mother-tongue. This is just my opinion and I won't change it simply because someone thinks differently. People are welcome to reply to this, but please don't turn this into a pointless debate and please, for the love of Chuck, be polite. (Beware; I like to ad swears/curses to my sentences, this isn't meant as an insult. It's juts how I talk.) P.S. Maybe a poll should be added to the first post with multiple options.[s] There's a site for that, right? [/s]Even if it's just to see what most of FR thinks. I don't think the admins would look at it, they'd most likely host their own official poll. Like: Yes/Yes, but ... (comment on this post)/ yes, if it's a small trickle/No, it wouldn't be fair to other players/ No, because ... (comment on this post)/Everything or nothing/ etc. feel free to suggest options. [s]Wow. This got out of hand fast.[/s]
Mura wrote on 2016-07-11:
It doesn't seem fair to the people who have spent a ton of time and resources getting old items based on the knowledge that they're retired if suddenly their value goes way down.

Well, I've acquired a plague sprite just yesterday. I'm glad I had the previous owner lock the price since it inflated so d@mn much over the time I needed to get the funds. I plan on slowly gathering the funds for the other sprites, though the light sprite is unobtainable for me (no money, slow internet=no daily lucky streak, no coli grinding).

I would absolutely support this to the end of days only because there would be a steady (albeit small) supply of sprites that'll keep players investing time and money in this site.

And about the point of lowering values, for the past few days (weeks?) there were only 2 light sprites in the market. I checked yesterday and there were 6. Did their value lessen? Heck no. If the reintroduction would stay under a certain # over a certain period of time I hardly think the market will crash. (Say a sprite is sold and you introduce a new one, that wouldn't lower the value, it'd keep it the same, if not raise it because of the rising demand.)

Sorry if this is a jumbled mess of thoughts, I'm pretty bad at expressing myself, plus this isn't my mother-tongue. This is just my opinion and I won't change it simply because someone thinks differently. People are welcome to reply to this, but please don't turn this into a pointless debate and please, for the love of Chuck, be polite. (Beware; I like to ad swears/curses to my sentences, this isn't meant as an insult. It's juts how I talk.)

P.S. Maybe a poll should be added to the first post with multiple options. There's a site for that, right? Even if it's just to see what most of FR thinks. I don't think the admins would look at it, they'd most likely host their own official poll.
Like: Yes/Yes, but ... (comment on this post)/ yes, if it's a small trickle/No, it wouldn't be fair to other players/ No, because ... (comment on this post)/Everything or nothing/ etc. feel free to suggest options.

Wow. This got out of hand fast.
xeDKNxe.png
  • Introvert
  • 9+ Hrs ahead of FR time fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png
As to polls, which has been brought up because FR itself did a poll about whether or not to rerelease the Sprites... I'd like to know when that was. Because quite a few people have said, in absence of the "But the Admins said...!" thing, that "But the Community said...!" I'd like to know what the new community says. Because this community is not actually the community that voted on that. There are a bunch of people who are in the community now who weren't then and there may be some who were in the community who've changed their minds.

Because people do, you know. Change their minds.

Anyway, that's just been a thought since reading some of these things.
As to polls, which has been brought up because FR itself did a poll about whether or not to rerelease the Sprites... I'd like to know when that was. Because quite a few people have said, in absence of the "But the Admins said...!" thing, that "But the Community said...!" I'd like to know what the new community says. Because this community is not actually the community that voted on that. There are a bunch of people who are in the community now who weren't then and there may be some who were in the community who've changed their minds.

Because people do, you know. Change their minds.

Anyway, that's just been a thought since reading some of these things.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
support this idea since I like the idea
support this idea since I like the idea
Support. I want to one day have a sprite of my own, and perhaps maybe the whole set, but thats beside the point. It should be as rare, or even rarer than gathering an egg, or having a boss familiar or an egg drop in the coli. That way no older players are salty and it gives everyone a treasure sink that they might get something cool out of. Not to mention how exciting it would be to get our first sprite drop from a joxars box.
Support. I want to one day have a sprite of my own, and perhaps maybe the whole set, but thats beside the point. It should be as rare, or even rarer than gathering an egg, or having a boss familiar or an egg drop in the coli. That way no older players are salty and it gives everyone a treasure sink that they might get something cool out of. Not to mention how exciting it would be to get our first sprite drop from a joxars box.
tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o1_100.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o4_100.png
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 57 58