Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Non-Traditional Weddings/Dresses?
1 2 3
@C0de

One of my closest friends is soon to be married in a similar styled dress!!

It isn't a themed wedding, she just fell in love with this Medieval style dress. Personally, I think it looks much, much nicer than a more traditional wedding dress (but I'm a fantasy geek who was going to get married in Star Wars Imperial Dress Uniform costumes, so my opinion might be biased).
@C0de

One of my closest friends is soon to be married in a similar styled dress!!

It isn't a themed wedding, she just fell in love with this Medieval style dress. Personally, I think it looks much, much nicer than a more traditional wedding dress (but I'm a fantasy geek who was going to get married in Star Wars Imperial Dress Uniform costumes, so my opinion might be biased).
Formerly known as Brenning.

On the non-traditional side, I love dresses that are white with hints of color. Something like this or this or this.

That being said I'm Catholic so I want to opt for a more traditional dress, something like this because I love wedding dresses with sleeves, but I am not against having a hint of a different color in there... I'm actually very, very tempted. :p

On the non-traditional side, I love dresses that are white with hints of color. Something like this or this or this.

That being said I'm Catholic so I want to opt for a more traditional dress, something like this because I love wedding dresses with sleeves, but I am not against having a hint of a different color in there... I'm actually very, very tempted. :p
Also nowhere near even remotely near getting married, but I googled Zelda wedding because why not, and I thought of mixing these. xD [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/54/f1/ff/54f1ffc6d8aa9646d7c9c7483eb6e42a.jpg[/img] [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/15/73/62/15736217711c430ebbd77cb04908120d.jpg[/img] (Form of the first, markings on the second) ...And making it pale pink. That probably won't happen but it's a cute idea. xD
Also nowhere near even remotely near getting married, but I googled Zelda wedding because why not, and I thought of mixing these. xD

54f1ffc6d8aa9646d7c9c7483eb6e42a.jpg 15736217711c430ebbd77cb04908120d.jpg

(Form of the first, markings on the second) ...And making it pale pink. That probably won't happen but it's a cute idea. xD
Since I am sworn to never get married/have a family, Idk I wouldn't care but. Just the thought makes me incredibly uncomfortable.
Still begs the question, why is everyone so boring?? Always with the white dresses. And so much money for something you will only wear once too lol. If you're going to spend so much for something like that, might as well make it unique.
Since I am sworn to never get married/have a family, Idk I wouldn't care but. Just the thought makes me incredibly uncomfortable.
Still begs the question, why is everyone so boring?? Always with the white dresses. And so much money for something you will only wear once too lol. If you're going to spend so much for something like that, might as well make it unique.
To be perfectly honest I don't know if I'd ever get married? I'll have to see how things go because the future is relatively unclear currently, but I'd love to wear a 50's style dress, I guess it's the Rockabilly style? [img]https://www.rocknrollbride.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/rock-7.jpg[/img] I'm so deathly pale that my legs are reflective like a mirror, so pure white probably wouldn't be the best color for me. I'd have to do an off white, or maybe a soft baby blue? I have a hair piece from my sister's wedding I'd like to incorporate into the design somehow if I can keep it safe until then.
To be perfectly honest I don't know if I'd ever get married? I'll have to see how things go because the future is relatively unclear currently, but I'd love to wear a 50's style dress, I guess it's the Rockabilly style?

rock-7.jpg

I'm so deathly pale that my legs are reflective like a mirror, so pure white probably wouldn't be the best color for me. I'd have to do an off white, or maybe a soft baby blue? I have a hair piece from my sister's wedding I'd like to incorporate into the design somehow if I can keep it safe until then.
@OffensiveTitles

White is just tradition. It also symbolizes purity, at least in the Western world. Not everyone goes the white route, but some people like it, soooo? It's a unique experience to them. I personally don't mind what color it is; I love the different cuts/styles of dresses, like the flowy boho ones are probably one of my faves.

If I was going to get married (probably won't though - too much effort, lol), I'd want a beach wedding with a nice flowy cover-up over a pretty bathing suit, probably one-piece. ^^ I know most people usually do blue accents on a beach wedding for the water, but I think it'd be cool to have peach-colored and light reds for a sunset accent!
@OffensiveTitles

White is just tradition. It also symbolizes purity, at least in the Western world. Not everyone goes the white route, but some people like it, soooo? It's a unique experience to them. I personally don't mind what color it is; I love the different cuts/styles of dresses, like the flowy boho ones are probably one of my faves.

If I was going to get married (probably won't though - too much effort, lol), I'd want a beach wedding with a nice flowy cover-up over a pretty bathing suit, probably one-piece. ^^ I know most people usually do blue accents on a beach wedding for the water, but I think it'd be cool to have peach-colored and light reds for a sunset accent!
R5vHM6H.png
@Ammut

yeah good point
@Ammut

yeah good point
@snickertoodles SCREAM...those dresses are the embodiment of my aesthetic,,,,,,

what you described sounds like it would be very pretty! I hope you can find/make/have someone make something like that for ya someday :)
@snickertoodles SCREAM...those dresses are the embodiment of my aesthetic,,,,,,

what you described sounds like it would be very pretty! I hope you can find/make/have someone make something like that for ya someday :)
@KittenFromHell I had my gown custom made by a local seamstress based on this dress: [img]http://www.rivendellbridal.com/UpdatedWebsiteFiles/WebsiteImages/Eolandepageback.jpg[/img] Mine was light blue. :-) [url=http://www.rivendellbridal.com/Eolande.html]Dress website[/url] for additional ogling. Hubby & I also had lots of personal geeky touches in our wedding. Our centerpieces were assembled LEGO kits (Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter). We walked into our reception to Mario theme music. Our favors were Mario question mark boxes. :-) Basically, my advice to anyone getting married is that your wedding should reflect who you & your fiance are as a couple. Also, make a budget and STICK TO IT. Remind yourself that you want a marriage, not just a wedding. Edit: @C0de For inspiration, perhaps? :-) Congratulations & good luck!
@KittenFromHell

I had my gown custom made by a local seamstress based on this dress:
Eolandepageback.jpg

Mine was light blue. :-)

Dress website for additional ogling.

Hubby & I also had lots of personal geeky touches in our wedding. Our centerpieces were assembled LEGO kits (Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter). We walked into our reception to Mario theme music. Our favors were Mario question mark boxes. :-)

Basically, my advice to anyone getting married is that your wedding should reflect who you & your fiance are as a couple. Also, make a budget and STICK TO IT. Remind yourself that you want a marriage, not just a wedding.

Edit: @C0de For inspiration, perhaps? :-) Congratulations & good luck!
37DVNcQ.pngmGeS6Yc.png6qRiT6A.png
@KittenFromHell

I'm getting married in September and we're having a non-traditional wedding! I am wearing this dress: http://www.bhldn.com/product/lucca-maxi

We're not having wedding parties, we're walking down the aisle together, saying our vows in multiple languages, having food trucks for the food (Belgian waffles!), and only inviting a small amount of people. I'm going to have a flower crown station and i'm growing some of my own flowers, so I hope everyone will have beautiful flower crowns. Since it's in the fall mine will have a lot of aromatic eastern asters, swamp sunflowers, goldenrod, and rose mallow.

For our honeymoon we're going to the Galapagos! :)
@KittenFromHell

I'm getting married in September and we're having a non-traditional wedding! I am wearing this dress: http://www.bhldn.com/product/lucca-maxi

We're not having wedding parties, we're walking down the aisle together, saying our vows in multiple languages, having food trucks for the food (Belgian waffles!), and only inviting a small amount of people. I'm going to have a flower crown station and i'm growing some of my own flowers, so I hope everyone will have beautiful flower crowns. Since it's in the fall mine will have a lot of aromatic eastern asters, swamp sunflowers, goldenrod, and rose mallow.

For our honeymoon we're going to the Galapagos! :)
tumblr_nm323qwQa81rm6l18o6_400.gif
1 2 3