Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [POLL] Old vs New Jupitor/Saturn
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I really prefer the new one.
I really prefer the new one.
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
I like the old one better. It was less busy, and the reason I dislike a lot of genes is because they just look too busy. I'm also a tad upset because I already bought a dragon with the intent to give him Jupiter and mate him, but I'm glad I hadn't gotten to purchasing the gene yet because it now would look AWFUL on him. :/
I like the old one better. It was less busy, and the reason I dislike a lot of genes is because they just look too busy. I'm also a tad upset because I already bought a dragon with the intent to give him Jupiter and mate him, but I'm glad I hadn't gotten to purchasing the gene yet because it now would look AWFUL on him. :/
+3 FR time
tumblr_inline_njviwo2B9Z1qg2i5p.png
I like new jupiter and old saturn :'D But both are fine
I like new jupiter and old saturn :'D But both are fine
Na5WGHa.png
I like the new one on the wings but the old one on the body. Oh well.
I like the new one on the wings but the old one on the body. Oh well.
Old. I was gonna buy an Orca/Orca dragon to make a Shadetouched dragon, but now I don't think it works. Not as well, anyway. It looks less like grasping tentacles now, to me.
Old. I was gonna buy an Orca/Orca dragon to make a Shadetouched dragon, but now I don't think it works. Not as well, anyway. It looks less like grasping tentacles now, to me.
I like them both for different reasons, but neither of them are perfect. On one hand the old one had a nice line weight to it and matched up with a few other genes (Poison/Toxin, Peregrine, Clown, etc.), while the new one looks like some amalgamation of Ripple/Current and Hypnotic; not my favorite genes to begin with. [s]Also weeps for the new mane on male Tundras. RIP Squiggles. You were so adorable.[/s] In this case I would say I preferred the old ones. On the other hand, on some breeds the linework of the old one didn't flow with the body lines. I found it most noticeable on male Mirrors [quote name="DuskSpark" date=2016-06-25 13:42:34] [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/4ab8a757605a81e80c50a556b398998f/tumblr_o9c2kwAtiZ1tcuk4xo2_r1_250.png[/img][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/43e9319dfc272ca3651e18267b8a70b5/tumblr_o9c2kwAtiZ1tcuk4xo1_250.jpg[/img] [/quote] Where the wing markings were suddenly going sideways on one wing and not the other. They fixed this on the new ones, and the genes make so much more sense this way. Ideally, I'd love the line weight of the old version and the flow of the new one. But If I had to pick, I guess I'd go with the new one and just not use it often.
I like them both for different reasons, but neither of them are perfect.

On one hand the old one had a nice line weight to it and matched up with a few other genes (Poison/Toxin, Peregrine, Clown, etc.), while the new one looks like some amalgamation of Ripple/Current and Hypnotic; not my favorite genes to begin with. Also weeps for the new mane on male Tundras. RIP Squiggles. You were so adorable. In this case I would say I preferred the old ones.

On the other hand, on some breeds the linework of the old one didn't flow with the body lines. I found it most noticeable on male Mirrors
DuskSpark wrote on 2016-06-25:
tumblr_o9c2kwAtiZ1tcuk4xo2_r1_250.pngtumblr_o9c2kwAtiZ1tcuk4xo1_250.jpg
Where the wing markings were suddenly going sideways on one wing and not the other. They fixed this on the new ones, and the genes make so much more sense this way.

Ideally, I'd love the line weight of the old version and the flow of the new one. But If I had to pick, I guess I'd go with the new one and just not use it often.
Image of a wolf, links to the LorWolf signup page.
Seems to be a minority opinion, but I like the new one much better - the old looked kind of messy. I haven't found a dragon I really want to gene with this yet, but I do think it has potential!
Seems to be a minority opinion, but I like the new one much better - the old looked kind of messy. I haven't found a dragon I really want to gene with this yet, but I do think it has potential!
fr%20shop%20logo%20sig_zpsulghvx1j.png
I don't really like either, but I guess I would say the old one. The new one is way too busy.
I don't really like either, but I guess I would say the old one. The new one is way too busy.
Fen | They/them
The old one! The new version looks too cluttered - the lines are thinner, and it reminds me too much of ripple/current.
The old one! The new version looks too cluttered - the lines are thinner, and it reminds me too much of ripple/current.
CYT4VFx.png
I'm perplexed as to why they couldn't change Thylacine after release to clean stripes, after tons of threads about it, but changed Jupiter/Saturn so quickly after release even though most people were on the fence about it?

I think the looser coils look nicer on some breeds, thicker on others.
I'm perplexed as to why they couldn't change Thylacine after release to clean stripes, after tons of threads about it, but changed Jupiter/Saturn so quickly after release even though most people were on the fence about it?

I think the looser coils look nicer on some breeds, thicker on others.
18880fa67fd73aab211edb30cbc19b73.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10