Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Coliseum Grinding/Exalting Guide
1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 120 121
@PorkWithBones - I'm sorry I'm so late! Real life stuff has been really bad the past two weeks. Thanks so much for the screenshot! I kept meaning to get a screenshot of my own dragons (the week I was working on it, we actually had 1st place dom, so my numbers were incorrect because of the fake +1 to stats when you have 1st place), and just never doing it. Thanks for doing the work for me! I'm going to upload it up on my own imgur account, just because I like to keep all my stuff together. Thanks a lot!
@PorkWithBones - I'm sorry I'm so late! Real life stuff has been really bad the past two weeks. Thanks so much for the screenshot! I kept meaning to get a screenshot of my own dragons (the week I was working on it, we actually had 1st place dom, so my numbers were incorrect because of the fake +1 to stats when you have 1st place), and just never doing it. Thanks for doing the work for me! I'm going to upload it up on my own imgur account, just because I like to keep all my stuff together. Thanks a lot!
Oh my goodness I've belling selling my ambushes to Crim what have I done
Oh my goodness I've belling selling my ambushes to Crim what have I done
@Kiena

All of this sounds great, but I have one issue. It's impossible to 'one shot' monsters. I have a level 10 and a level 7 that I use as grinders. If I take them to the Training grounds to just quickly take down enemies, all of my dragons get ZERO experience after each battle. So, how can you use this oneshot rule if overpowered dragons cause you to get 0 exp? I can only fight on the third area, or I get 0. And it's taking forever. I don't know what else to try. I want to grind like this, but the game mechanics won't let me.
@Kiena

All of this sounds great, but I have one issue. It's impossible to 'one shot' monsters. I have a level 10 and a level 7 that I use as grinders. If I take them to the Training grounds to just quickly take down enemies, all of my dragons get ZERO experience after each battle. So, how can you use this oneshot rule if overpowered dragons cause you to get 0 exp? I can only fight on the third area, or I get 0. And it's taking forever. I don't know what else to try. I want to grind like this, but the game mechanics won't let me.
d6HJrL7.png
@PartlyCloudy - You're trying to do two things at once, and that doesn't work! You have to either grind (kill things in one shot) or level (slowly work your way up to get high enough that you can go back and grind the lower levels). The only exception is when you have at least one level 25 and can level up lower level dragons in one of the highest level areas - in those cases you can both grind and level up (other) dragons.

I recommend that you focus on getting your team up to level 25. Have a full team of three, all at the same level, and just focus on going up in levels. Use the techniques in my guide (figuring out which monsters take a Scratch + Eliminate to die, which need two Scratches, etc.) to hopefully level up smoothly. You can also spend some time just grinding (at a lower level with no exp) in order to make money. Good luck!
@PartlyCloudy - You're trying to do two things at once, and that doesn't work! You have to either grind (kill things in one shot) or level (slowly work your way up to get high enough that you can go back and grind the lower levels). The only exception is when you have at least one level 25 and can level up lower level dragons in one of the highest level areas - in those cases you can both grind and level up (other) dragons.

I recommend that you focus on getting your team up to level 25. Have a full team of three, all at the same level, and just focus on going up in levels. Use the techniques in my guide (figuring out which monsters take a Scratch + Eliminate to die, which need two Scratches, etc.) to hopefully level up smoothly. You can also spend some time just grinding (at a lower level with no exp) in order to make money. Good luck!
very helpful for someone as new as me, thank you!
very helpful for someone as new as me, thank you!
.. / -.. --- -. - / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .
totally gonna use this!! thank you!

@nauticalamity
totally gonna use this!! thank you!

@nauticalamity
XYMsss6.gif
So many people always talk about Culex's Coli Guide, while me on the other hand raised my dragons on this guide. This guide has helped me so much in my early days to train,stat and stone my first level 25 dragon(Aura), and even helps me all the time now so thank you for making this @Kiena
So many people always talk about Culex's Coli Guide, while me on the other hand raised my dragons on this guide. This guide has helped me so much in my early days to train,stat and stone my first level 25 dragon(Aura), and even helps me all the time now so thank you for making this @Kiena
@LucarioLand - Oh gosh, thank so much! I'm really glad it's helped you with the Coliseum. I love hearing the my guide was helpful! I hope you have excellent drops. :)
@LucarioLand - Oh gosh, thank so much! I'm really glad it's helped you with the Coliseum. I love hearing the my guide was helpful! I hope you have excellent drops. :)
@Kiena
I've still got my origianal coli team statted according this guide, and they've done everything from grind in every venue except the golem workshop, and are decent at leveling fodder in the kelp beds. Great all around build that I'm still using even a year and a half later.

Got a quick question here. I've been comparing the mire flyer builds between both this guide and Culex's, as I have a Arcane dragon that I got to level 25 (finally!) that I want to put this build on. I noticed that while you both use 117 str, your guide calls for 72quick/20vit, Culex calls for 70quick/25vit. Is there much of a difference in using one build over the other, or is the difference negilible?
@Kiena
I've still got my origianal coli team statted according this guide, and they've done everything from grind in every venue except the golem workshop, and are decent at leveling fodder in the kelp beds. Great all around build that I'm still using even a year and a half later.

Got a quick question here. I've been comparing the mire flyer builds between both this guide and Culex's, as I have a Arcane dragon that I got to level 25 (finally!) that I want to put this build on. I noticed that while you both use 117 str, your guide calls for 72quick/20vit, Culex calls for 70quick/25vit. Is there much of a difference in using one build over the other, or is the difference negilible?
I dunno what to put here.
@Erravit - So glad to hear the guide has helped you! Thanks for letting me know. :)

The difference in Mire Flyer builds is negligible. 72 Qck lets you go faster in the second round than one monster versus 70 Qck (er, I'm not certain which monster it was, I'd have to check again, sorry), and the extra 5 Vit gives 100 points of HP, which is not much. There are rare occasions I would have survived with that extra HP, and there are rare occasions that I took one less hit because of the faster Qck. It really is up to you, and I honestly don't think one is better than the other. (The 72 Qck was more important before the Mire update that added the unicorns and bosses and upped the level of some monsters, and now those extra 2 points just don't matter as much. But there's not a clear better solution, so I kept my guide as-is.)
@Erravit - So glad to hear the guide has helped you! Thanks for letting me know. :)

The difference in Mire Flyer builds is negligible. 72 Qck lets you go faster in the second round than one monster versus 70 Qck (er, I'm not certain which monster it was, I'd have to check again, sorry), and the extra 5 Vit gives 100 points of HP, which is not much. There are rare occasions I would have survived with that extra HP, and there are rare occasions that I took one less hit because of the faster Qck. It really is up to you, and I honestly don't think one is better than the other. (The 72 Qck was more important before the Mire update that added the unicorns and bosses and upped the level of some monsters, and now those extra 2 points just don't matter as much. But there's not a clear better solution, so I kept my guide as-is.)
1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 120 121