Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why the long breeding cool-down?
1 2 3 4
Once you are established, the length of cooldown is not the limiting factor when it comes to breeding; it’s the number of nests a player has. I have went a year hatching a nest a day and never in that time did I run out of RTB dragons. The times might seem long when you start out but once you get more established you'll often feel like a particular pair just got off a nest.

We've had the lair cap rise a few times. Initially it was 99. The lair expansion costs are high because they are necessary as treasure sink. You need treasure sinks because they help the treasure keep its value. If more treasure is added to the game than removed, it devaluates the worth of each individual treasure. Yes players might have a lot of treasure in such a situation but it will cost a lot more to buy things. People complain about restockers with new items, if the treasure devaluates, you'd see restocking for more than marketplace prices just about everything.
Once you are established, the length of cooldown is not the limiting factor when it comes to breeding; it’s the number of nests a player has. I have went a year hatching a nest a day and never in that time did I run out of RTB dragons. The times might seem long when you start out but once you get more established you'll often feel like a particular pair just got off a nest.

We've had the lair cap rise a few times. Initially it was 99. The lair expansion costs are high because they are necessary as treasure sink. You need treasure sinks because they help the treasure keep its value. If more treasure is added to the game than removed, it devaluates the worth of each individual treasure. Yes players might have a lot of treasure in such a situation but it will cost a lot more to buy things. People complain about restockers with new items, if the treasure devaluates, you'd see restocking for more than marketplace prices just about everything.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@After

Really? Nice, thanks. And 75kT in an hour sounds amazing to me haha! :D

And lol I love your Shock Switch strategy XD legit lol
@After

Really? Nice, thanks. And 75kT in an hour sounds amazing to me haha! :D

And lol I love your Shock Switch strategy XD legit lol
@DragonSage Thanks. That makes sense.
@DragonSage Thanks. That makes sense.
@AboveClouds: I may be wrong about this since it's been a while but I don't think the length of breeding cooldowns has changed at all since I started playing.
They DID change the nest size algorithms right at the start but I don't think the actual duration of cooldowns is any different.

That said, there was a alpha before the beta where this could have been the case.
@AboveClouds: I may be wrong about this since it's been a while but I don't think the length of breeding cooldowns has changed at all since I started playing.
They DID change the nest size algorithms right at the start but I don't think the actual duration of cooldowns is any different.

That said, there was a alpha before the beta where this could have been the case.
ZT1GQLd.png
1 2 3 4