Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2016
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 47 48
Best update of the year, tbh. Hopefully people will think twice about making threats, blacklists, and callouts now. Let people play the game the way it was meant to be played and do what they want with their dragons.
Best update of the year, tbh. Hopefully people will think twice about making threats, blacklists, and callouts now. Let people play the game the way it was meant to be played and do what they want with their dragons.
riIlIkg.pngxxxxxxx2fThUE6.pngxxxxxxx3RHrJoP.png
Nice to hear this addressed by the admins. Finally have something to show in all those "naming before exalting" debate threads
Nice to hear this addressed by the admins. Finally have something to show in all those "naming before exalting" debate threads
5WEA.gif
"I am poor, but it's worth it for the aesthetic"

[quote name="youmaycallmeV" date=2016-05-20 23:14:25] However, by training them to level 10, I've made them the perfect fodder. Free, leveled, what else could you ask for? The only way to keep this from happening was to ask that users wait at least one week. After that, I don't really care. I haven't had issues with people abusing my thread, but with the new enforcement, I'm worried that it will now. [/quote] @Aequorin I've had something similar happen to me once. I trained a dragon to level 10 and offered it to a "newbie" to help them in the coli. Before I trained the dragon, I even posted a url to said dragon and asked, 'I can train this dragon, would you like him to help you in the Coli?' to which the other player said, 'To keep? Not really. But for training? Sure!' So I trained and sent the dragon to the newbie player. Two days later, I check on the dragon and find it's been exalted. Can I call out the player not for exalting but for lying about their intention or for going against a mutual agreement?
youmaycallmeV wrote on 2016-05-20:
However, by training them to level 10, I've made them the perfect fodder. Free, leveled, what else could you ask for? The only way to keep this from happening was to ask that users wait at least one week. After that, I don't really care. I haven't had issues with people abusing my thread, but with the new enforcement, I'm worried that it will now.

@Aequorin

I've had something similar happen to me once. I trained a dragon to level 10 and offered it to a "newbie" to help them in the coli. Before I trained the dragon, I even posted a url to said dragon and asked, 'I can train this dragon, would you like him to help you in the Coli?' to which the other player said, 'To keep? Not really. But for training? Sure!' So I trained and sent the dragon to the newbie player.

Two days later, I check on the dragon and find it's been exalted. Can I call out the player not for exalting but for lying about their intention or for going against a mutual agreement?
U5mpAOy.png
[quote name="Taarnfalk" date=2016-05-21 01:19:02] there is sadly a limited number of old dragons and if you like to collect them sometimes you have to buy dragons with unnamed hatchlings in them. It always makes me cringe but the dragons id sometimes makes up for it.. but i still wish they were named :) [/quote] @Taarnfalk Well, that's one of the points of collecting old dragons - finding not only an old dragon, but also one with nice offspring list/unbred/1st gen/pleasing color combo. These points are reflected in the price, too. If you buy a dragon after someone has already... erm... used it ( XD ), it's your own choice to accept it in the condition it is or don't buy it and look for another one. After all, having unnamed in the list didn't bother the previous owner and they can't hide the fact that this dragon has some. Also, for old dragons the point of harassing people into naming offsprings is especially moot as most of them have been exalted or left abandoned literally years ago. Upd: oux, sorry for the unnecessary ping, didn't notice it at first :3
Taarnfalk wrote on 2016-05-21:
there is sadly a limited number of old dragons and if you like to collect them sometimes you have to buy dragons with unnamed hatchlings in them. It always makes me cringe but the dragons id sometimes makes up for it.. but i still wish they were named :)
@Taarnfalk
Well, that's one of the points of collecting old dragons - finding not only an old dragon, but also one with nice offspring list/unbred/1st gen/pleasing color combo. These points are reflected in the price, too.

If you buy a dragon after someone has already... erm... used it ( XD ), it's your own choice to accept it in the condition it is or don't buy it and look for another one. After all, having unnamed in the list didn't bother the previous owner and they can't hide the fact that this dragon has some.

Also, for old dragons the point of harassing people into naming offsprings is especially moot as most of them have been exalted or left abandoned literally years ago.

Upd: oux, sorry for the unnecessary ping, didn't notice it at first :3
good on you, mods!
good on you, mods!
tumblr_inline_n6kdumWg7l1qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n69vi2Ef021qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kdumWg7l1qlye38.gif
@jennysyc You cannot publicly call out any player for something they've done that you feel has wronged you. It counts as harassment and public blacklisting (possibly, unless you mean to speak with them in private) and can get you in trouble if they decide to tell the admins about it. You can try reporting them for deceit but I don't know how much that would do.
@jennysyc You cannot publicly call out any player for something they've done that you feel has wronged you. It counts as harassment and public blacklisting (possibly, unless you mean to speak with them in private) and can get you in trouble if they decide to tell the admins about it. You can try reporting them for deceit but I don't know how much that would do.
72374610.png FoHUc9c.png
XGkYzjm.png
yHOcO3G.png
58T08n9.png
@oux

Considering the dragon was exalted to another flight's deity - a flight that was currently engaged in a dominance battle - and a quick check of the newbie's forums posts are all towards getting free dragons or voting for said flight's dominance win, is that better grounds for the admin to investigate? I'm not trying to argue with you; I just want to be clarified on what I can report that would help my case if something like this happens again. Because frankly, I felt like I've been conned.
@oux

Considering the dragon was exalted to another flight's deity - a flight that was currently engaged in a dominance battle - and a quick check of the newbie's forums posts are all towards getting free dragons or voting for said flight's dominance win, is that better grounds for the admin to investigate? I'm not trying to argue with you; I just want to be clarified on what I can report that would help my case if something like this happens again. Because frankly, I felt like I've been conned.
U5mpAOy.png
I had someone try and control how I played once... I impulse bought a dragon via the AH, the next day I decided I didn't like the colour scheme and relisted the dragon for sale. I forgot to check how much I bought it for so relisted for what later turned out to be a higher amount than I paid for it and the original breeder decided it would be 'nice' to PM me calling me names and saying I was a bad person because of it, instead of just asking nicely why I relisted it at a higher price - after they PMed me ranting I realised I had indeed listed it at a higher price than I bought it for and changed it quite happily :/ really wish I had told an admin as it put me off FR for at least a few weeks... And all because I had genuinely not even thought about checking the price I bought it for :( (or that it would matter so much to the original breeder!!)

I don't make a point of relisting Dragons for more than I paid so it was (hopefully) a one off event, but at least I know for future if I get anyone else Rant-PMing me I can point them here :)
I had someone try and control how I played once... I impulse bought a dragon via the AH, the next day I decided I didn't like the colour scheme and relisted the dragon for sale. I forgot to check how much I bought it for so relisted for what later turned out to be a higher amount than I paid for it and the original breeder decided it would be 'nice' to PM me calling me names and saying I was a bad person because of it, instead of just asking nicely why I relisted it at a higher price - after they PMed me ranting I realised I had indeed listed it at a higher price than I bought it for and changed it quite happily :/ really wish I had told an admin as it put me off FR for at least a few weeks... And all because I had genuinely not even thought about checking the price I bought it for :( (or that it would matter so much to the original breeder!!)

I don't make a point of relisting Dragons for more than I paid so it was (hopefully) a one off event, but at least I know for future if I get anyone else Rant-PMing me I can point them here :)
@jennysyc It's okay. I'm not a moderator or an admin so I am not really sure what qualifies to being a helpful report, but if you have evidence and proper suspicion, you can submit your data to them and see what comes of it if you feel that someone is being deceptive to other players with their intent. If nothing else, at least you can check out a user before giving them another dragon and be wary for next time.
@jennysyc It's okay. I'm not a moderator or an admin so I am not really sure what qualifies to being a helpful report, but if you have evidence and proper suspicion, you can submit your data to them and see what comes of it if you feel that someone is being deceptive to other players with their intent. If nothing else, at least you can check out a user before giving them another dragon and be wary for next time.
72374610.png FoHUc9c.png
XGkYzjm.png
yHOcO3G.png
58T08n9.png
Wow I never knew the exalt harassment got this outta hand. But there's the opposite, too. "Letters from hatchlings" and the like are such a sweet example of dragon sales and trades gone right ^^
Wow I never knew the exalt harassment got this outta hand. But there's the opposite, too. "Letters from hatchlings" and the like are such a sweet example of dragon sales and trades gone right ^^
Flamecaller-embersbanner.gif
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 47 48