Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Festival Dates
1 2
Maybe silly or minor, but for dominance purposes, it would really help if there was a calendar of sorts or a post that didn't just say "a flight's festival is in the last week of [month]", but that gives actual dates of "day X - day Y". Especially for months like now in June, where the last week is mostly in June but not entirely, it can be quite confusing for dom leaders to organize pushes around a flight's festival, especially if they are new to the job.

Personally, I'd really appreciate some dates for this so there is absolutely no misunderstandings possible about the festival times, and a push runs no risk of threatening the valued tradition of a flight getting dominance for their festival!
Maybe silly or minor, but for dominance purposes, it would really help if there was a calendar of sorts or a post that didn't just say "a flight's festival is in the last week of [month]", but that gives actual dates of "day X - day Y". Especially for months like now in June, where the last week is mostly in June but not entirely, it can be quite confusing for dom leaders to organize pushes around a flight's festival, especially if they are new to the job.

Personally, I'd really appreciate some dates for this so there is absolutely no misunderstandings possible about the festival times, and a push runs no risk of threatening the valued tradition of a flight getting dominance for their festival!
naturef2.png
I definitely support this! I believe the dates are announced with the Skins/Accents threads, but it would be nice to know and plan in advance.
I definitely support this! I believe the dates are announced with the Skins/Accents threads, but it would be nice to know and plan in advance.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Infectionary - Yes, that exactly is my issue! A proper conquest push, especially a battle between 2 flights or more, needs to be planned further in advance than just ca. 3-4 weeks. A proper calendar posted in December or whatever (since that is kinda the end of the festival year) for the upcoming year would be an immense help.
@Infectionary - Yes, that exactly is my issue! A proper conquest push, especially a battle between 2 flights or more, needs to be planned further in advance than just ca. 3-4 weeks. A proper calendar posted in December or whatever (since that is kinda the end of the festival year) for the upcoming year would be an immense help.
naturef2.png
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VQMgbQU.jpg[/img] Solid dates to look forward to would help the game in general feel more organized and help kindle a sense of anticipation for The Next Big Thing.
VQMgbQU.jpg

Solid dates to look forward to would help the game in general feel more organized and help kindle a sense of anticipation for The Next Big Thing.
tumblr_inline_o16ltlFObT1ts73zp_540.pngbotffbadges_typhoon_by_tinygryphon-d9oe78b.png
tumblr_inline_o2ly7vgkKN1qdrhpp_100.png
I wouldn't mind the dates being displayed somewhere but the likeliness of a flight accidentally pushing during a holiday or the holiday's flight not pushing when they should is very, very unlikely, has not particularly happened and probably will never happen since flights consist of so many people and communication is quite easy between flight members, so I wouldn't worry about that ^^ Still, it would be nice to have a date- I feel it would benefit players who don't use the forums as much the most (and also just be a nice little reminder for all players)
I wouldn't mind the dates being displayed somewhere but the likeliness of a flight accidentally pushing during a holiday or the holiday's flight not pushing when they should is very, very unlikely, has not particularly happened and probably will never happen since flights consist of so many people and communication is quite easy between flight members, so I wouldn't worry about that ^^ Still, it would be nice to have a date- I feel it would benefit players who don't use the forums as much the most (and also just be a nice little reminder for all players)
I agree. Maybe the current year's could go here? http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=13

EDIT: Also, NotN ought to be mentioned there even though it's not an elemental holiday to cut down on confusion and new users trying to invent a new flight to "fill" a hole that doesn't exist.
I agree. Maybe the current year's could go here? http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=13

EDIT: Also, NotN ought to be mentioned there even though it's not an elemental holiday to cut down on confusion and new users trying to invent a new flight to "fill" a hole that doesn't exist.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I don't think this'd be bad at all. How about a countdown somewhere?
I don't think this'd be bad at all. How about a countdown somewhere?
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

[quote name="Perrydotto" date=2016-05-18 14:02:51] Infectionary - Yes, that exactly is my issue! A proper conquest push, especially a battle between 2 flights or more, needs to be planned further in advance than just ca. 3-4 weeks. A proper calendar posted in December or whatever (since that is kinda the end of the festival year) for the upcoming year would be an immense help. [/quote] @Perrydotto The end of the festival year is not in December. The Festival year starts in June with the Brightshine Jubilee (the first festival the site held) and ends in May with the Greenskeeper Gathering which happens next week. The festivals go Light - June Lightning - July Fire - August Arcane - September Plague - October Earth - November NIGHT OF THE NOCTURNE in December Ice - January Shadow - February Wind - March Water - April Nature - May That is what makes up a calendar year on Flight Rising. I would have no problem if the Administration did post the dates for the 2016 - 2017 year though.
Perrydotto wrote on 2016-05-18:
Infectionary - Yes, that exactly is my issue! A proper conquest push, especially a battle between 2 flights or more, needs to be planned further in advance than just ca. 3-4 weeks. A proper calendar posted in December or whatever (since that is kinda the end of the festival year) for the upcoming year would be an immense help.

@Perrydotto

The end of the festival year is not in December. The Festival year starts in June with the Brightshine Jubilee (the first festival the site held) and ends in May with the Greenskeeper Gathering which happens next week.

The festivals go

Light - June
Lightning - July
Fire - August
Arcane - September
Plague - October
Earth - November
NIGHT OF THE NOCTURNE in December
Ice - January
Shadow - February
Wind - March
Water - April
Nature - May

That is what makes up a calendar year on Flight Rising.

I would have no problem if the Administration did post the dates for the 2016 - 2017 year though.
@Qnyxz - Thank you for clearing that up!
@Qnyxz - Thank you for clearing that up!
naturef2.png
I'm on FR since November '14 and the festival dates still confuse me. Support.
I'm on FR since November '14 and the festival dates still confuse me. Support.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
1 2