Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Petals: A New Primary Gene!
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 75 76
Wow! can't wait to get this primary gene!
Wow! can't wait to get this primary gene!
Uh I voted for Treasure release. The fact that these gens will be colli drops hit me like a train... And with my eternal bad luck... ah well I don't think I get these gens then xD

//Still has no cleaver, but was grinding a lot for it until I gave it up

WHATEVER!! At least you don't have to fight the snipers again! HAH! No one think about the good sides of a colli only drop xD

And... it will be a good thing to work for! ...

Imagine you want Morth ... but only get python ... aaaahhhh that would be hilarious xD But then you could sell python to have treasure to buy Morth ... hah I have such good ideas!

And OMG! Colli rewrite on the plan!! //Takes smartphone out// I dare you to work then, phone! We, you AND me, we both have to fight for these two gens(And the cleaver, still) so be co-operative(And please admins make colli work better on mobile devices xD) and we can get what we want! Me optaining two gens and a sword, and you... ah well... you won't get smashed against the wall ...
That's a good deal isn't it?

Ah well so much about that ^^

I like the new petal gen. It's sooo cool what you can do with it! And so many colors look magnificent with it. I'm really surprised!
Have to save up gems now, but 700+ are a good start xD

EDIT: Kalvin, the most friendly user here just gifted me the cleaver! *Jumps around joyful* :3
Uh I voted for Treasure release. The fact that these gens will be colli drops hit me like a train... And with my eternal bad luck... ah well I don't think I get these gens then xD

//Still has no cleaver, but was grinding a lot for it until I gave it up

WHATEVER!! At least you don't have to fight the snipers again! HAH! No one think about the good sides of a colli only drop xD

And... it will be a good thing to work for! ...

Imagine you want Morth ... but only get python ... aaaahhhh that would be hilarious xD But then you could sell python to have treasure to buy Morth ... hah I have such good ideas!

And OMG! Colli rewrite on the plan!! //Takes smartphone out// I dare you to work then, phone! We, you AND me, we both have to fight for these two gens(And the cleaver, still) so be co-operative(And please admins make colli work better on mobile devices xD) and we can get what we want! Me optaining two gens and a sword, and you... ah well... you won't get smashed against the wall ...
That's a good deal isn't it?

Ah well so much about that ^^

I like the new petal gen. It's sooo cool what you can do with it! And so many colors look magnificent with it. I'm really surprised!
Have to save up gems now, but 700+ are a good start xD

EDIT: Kalvin, the most friendly user here just gifted me the cleaver! *Jumps around joyful* :3
TOPbanner_TRENCH_V3.jpg
[quote name="Finian" date=2016-04-15 12:01:31] whispers if anyone wants to get together a few of us should pool for petals and flood the AH with reasonably priced hatchies [/quote] Ah this sounds fun... if this becomes a thing let me know?
Finian wrote on 2016-04-15:
whispers if anyone wants to get together a few of us should pool for petals and flood the AH with reasonably priced hatchies

Ah this sounds fun... if this becomes a thing let me know?
BGVAqlH.png
@Yun I'm actually not breeding any dragons for that purpose. I don't want to risk having anyone with new colors in their ranges being on cooldown when the damn thing finally drops. :/

@Oszs

While there's always going to be unfair elements (don't even get me started on premuium currency. I will never stop), I think it's important for a development team to consider what their forward motions may mean for the player who is not average. I enjoy Gem Genes, for the most part, even though they take me months to save for. My feelings towards Python/Morph are bit similar to that, except at least with Gem Genes they are guaranteed to be available in the Gem MP, and so long as I can trade Gems/Treasure with other players, I will never have to worry about inflation of the AH. (I've saved for six or seven Glimmer genes. I'm not at all adverse to saving. I'm adverse moreso to being at the whim of a player-run market that is rarely kind.)

Thinking about disabled players, mobile players, low-income players, etc is an important part of growing the site in way that makes it most accessible for everyone. It's in the Staff's best interest to attract as many people as possible, and those people are going to be diverse -- or, at least, you should want them to be. Making efforts to make sure no one is shut out, intentionally or otherwise, is just part of being a respectable development team.

(I haven't heard about anyone who suffers from trypophobia having problems with Giraffe and Hex. It doesn't trigger mine, but I understand how it could. I just remember there was one female Snapper skin a year or so ago that was modeled off pumice stone and upset a lot of folks. And, yes, if something trips a common and visceral phobia, then there needs to be some way to avoid it. I do believe that the people responsible for designing the genes should consider what the designs may do -- at least in the case of something obvious like trypophobia. I understand that all bases can't be covered but that particular phobia is actually pretty well known, at least in the circles I run in. )

To be honest, I don't even like Python/Morph all that much. So it's not that I'm upset about not being able to get a new thing, when it comes out. It's more along the lines of, what will this mean in the future? How many other gene scrolls will become unavailable to me because they're in the coli only? What other items may become less accessible because Python/Morph opened the doors?

Again, the coli-rewrite may change my opinion. But I would have much rather seen something like...having it in the Coli and elsewhere. Or, perhaps, making the gene scrolls a reward for a long and tedious quest in the Adventure Mode that we've been hearing rumors about since the dawn of Flight Rising.

Alas. -shrugs- I get more incensed about the people who just tell disabled players to shut up and don't make an effort to understand that there is a difference between can't and won't.
@Yun I'm actually not breeding any dragons for that purpose. I don't want to risk having anyone with new colors in their ranges being on cooldown when the damn thing finally drops. :/

@Oszs

While there's always going to be unfair elements (don't even get me started on premuium currency. I will never stop), I think it's important for a development team to consider what their forward motions may mean for the player who is not average. I enjoy Gem Genes, for the most part, even though they take me months to save for. My feelings towards Python/Morph are bit similar to that, except at least with Gem Genes they are guaranteed to be available in the Gem MP, and so long as I can trade Gems/Treasure with other players, I will never have to worry about inflation of the AH. (I've saved for six or seven Glimmer genes. I'm not at all adverse to saving. I'm adverse moreso to being at the whim of a player-run market that is rarely kind.)

Thinking about disabled players, mobile players, low-income players, etc is an important part of growing the site in way that makes it most accessible for everyone. It's in the Staff's best interest to attract as many people as possible, and those people are going to be diverse -- or, at least, you should want them to be. Making efforts to make sure no one is shut out, intentionally or otherwise, is just part of being a respectable development team.

(I haven't heard about anyone who suffers from trypophobia having problems with Giraffe and Hex. It doesn't trigger mine, but I understand how it could. I just remember there was one female Snapper skin a year or so ago that was modeled off pumice stone and upset a lot of folks. And, yes, if something trips a common and visceral phobia, then there needs to be some way to avoid it. I do believe that the people responsible for designing the genes should consider what the designs may do -- at least in the case of something obvious like trypophobia. I understand that all bases can't be covered but that particular phobia is actually pretty well known, at least in the circles I run in. )

To be honest, I don't even like Python/Morph all that much. So it's not that I'm upset about not being able to get a new thing, when it comes out. It's more along the lines of, what will this mean in the future? How many other gene scrolls will become unavailable to me because they're in the coli only? What other items may become less accessible because Python/Morph opened the doors?

Again, the coli-rewrite may change my opinion. But I would have much rather seen something like...having it in the Coli and elsewhere. Or, perhaps, making the gene scrolls a reward for a long and tedious quest in the Adventure Mode that we've been hearing rumors about since the dawn of Flight Rising.

Alas. -shrugs- I get more incensed about the people who just tell disabled players to shut up and don't make an effort to understand that there is a difference between can't and won't.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
[quote name="McAlli" date=2016-04-15 11:29:55] [quote name="Itsy" date=2016-04-15 11:24:43] Quit whining. It's a coli gene now. Get over it. Flight Rising doesn't have to baby you. If you don't want to coli, then you can earn treasure and buy it like a human being. As someone who colis 24/7 it's likely the gene won't even be that expensive at the end of the week. So please. Quit crying. [/quote] Ah, yes. The [i]exact [/i]kind of attitude I expect. Expressing distaste at inaccessible choices is "crying". And somehow, if you can't earn treasure and buy the gene, you're not a human being. I'll reiterate: [quote=McAlli] So much for a friendly and mature community, eh?[/quote] [/quote] Expressing distaste is one thing, but essensially demanding the admins to abide by your needs is as unfair as you believe the gene itself is. The admins chose the winning choice. They chose is based on the fact that more than half of the players wanted a coli gene. It was up to the community, not you.
McAlli wrote on 2016-04-15:
Itsy wrote on 2016-04-15:
Quit whining. It's a coli gene now. Get over it. Flight Rising doesn't have to baby you. If you don't want to coli, then you can earn treasure and buy it like a human being. As someone who colis 24/7 it's likely the gene won't even be that expensive at the end of the week. So please. Quit crying.

Ah, yes. The exact kind of attitude I expect. Expressing distaste at inaccessible choices is "crying". And somehow, if you can't earn treasure and buy the gene, you're not a human being.

I'll reiterate:
McAlli wrote:
So much for a friendly and mature community, eh?

Expressing distaste is one thing, but essensially demanding the admins to abide by your needs is as unfair as you believe the gene itself is. The admins chose the winning choice. They chose is based on the fact that more than half of the players wanted a coli gene. It was up to the community, not you.
7b2b63aa96.png
[quote name="Itsy" date=2016-04-15 12:26:15] [quote name="McAlli" date=2016-04-15 11:29:55] [quote name="Itsy" date=2016-04-15 11:24:43] Quit whining. It's a coli gene now. Get over it. Flight Rising doesn't have to baby you. If you don't want to coli, then you can earn treasure and buy it like a human being. As someone who colis 24/7 it's likely the gene won't even be that expensive at the end of the week. So please. Quit crying. [/quote] Ah, yes. The [i]exact [/i]kind of attitude I expect. Expressing distaste at inaccessible choices is "crying". And somehow, if you can't earn treasure and buy the gene, you're not a human being. I'll reiterate: [quote=McAlli] So much for a friendly and mature community, eh?[/quote] [/quote] Expressing distaste is one thing, but essensially demanding the admins to abide by your needs is as unfair as you believe the gene itself is. The admins chose the winning choice. They chose is based on the fact that more than half of the players wanted a coli gene. It was up to the community, not you. [/quote] At which point did I "demand the admins to abide by [my] needs" ? Oh. Wait. I didn't. I've only ever said that the idea and execution of a coli-exclusive gene is unfair and isn't something that should have been considered because it excludes a big chuck of players. If anyone reads that as [i]a demand that they abide by my needs[/i], then they are reading what isn't there.
McAlli wrote on 2016-04-15:
Quit whining. It's a coli gene now. Get over it. Flight Rising doesn't have to baby you. If you don't want to coli, then you can earn treasure and buy it like a human being. As someone who colis 24/7 it's likely the gene won't even be that expensive at the end of the week. So please. Quit crying.

Ah, yes. The exact kind of attitude I expect. Expressing distaste at inaccessible choices is "crying". And somehow, if you can't earn treasure and buy the gene, you're not a human being.

I'll reiterate:
McAlli wrote:
So much for a friendly and mature community, eh?

Expressing distaste is one thing, but essensially demanding the admins to abide by your needs is as unfair as you believe the gene itself is. The admins chose the winning choice. They chose is based on the fact that more than half of the players wanted a coli gene. It was up to the community, not you.

At which point did I "demand the admins to abide by [my] needs" ?

Oh. Wait. I didn't. I've only ever said that the idea and execution of a coli-exclusive gene is unfair and isn't something that should have been considered because it excludes a big chuck of players. If anyone reads that as a demand that they abide by my needs, then they are reading what isn't there.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
So beautiful..
*Passes out with fangirl squeal*
So beautiful..
*Passes out with fangirl squeal*
sQ35KLV.png
Awesome! So many new changes and genes. Great work! I need to work on a battle team so I can get some of these new items
Awesome! So many new changes and genes. Great work! I need to work on a battle team so I can get some of these new items
Beautiful *O*
Beautiful *O*
What you could do: Save up treasure/gems and buy the gene from the AH. You know, the EXACT same thing you would do if it was released as a treasure gene in the MP.

What you're doing instead: Screaming and making people feel awful because they wanted something new and interesting which means it won't be immediately handed to you on a silver platter. Seriously, suck it up. Just because you can't Coli grind doesn't mean you have to ruin it for everyone else who can. And I know someone's going to accuse me of hating disabled people or being ableist or some nonsense so I'm just gonna say right now I suffer from migraines and ADHD and can barely Coli grind for more than like 20 minutes.

Saying it's unfair that it's a Coli drop is like saying it's unfair that there's gem apparel/familiars. Or that things retire. Or that dragons have a breeding cool down. Or that you need to gather Holiday currency instead of being able to just immediately get everything.

Welcome to life, you have to work for things. So crazy. Wow.

Stop treating other living human beings like garbage just because they want something you don't
What you could do: Save up treasure/gems and buy the gene from the AH. You know, the EXACT same thing you would do if it was released as a treasure gene in the MP.

What you're doing instead: Screaming and making people feel awful because they wanted something new and interesting which means it won't be immediately handed to you on a silver platter. Seriously, suck it up. Just because you can't Coli grind doesn't mean you have to ruin it for everyone else who can. And I know someone's going to accuse me of hating disabled people or being ableist or some nonsense so I'm just gonna say right now I suffer from migraines and ADHD and can barely Coli grind for more than like 20 minutes.

Saying it's unfair that it's a Coli drop is like saying it's unfair that there's gem apparel/familiars. Or that things retire. Or that dragons have a breeding cool down. Or that you need to gather Holiday currency instead of being able to just immediately get everything.

Welcome to life, you have to work for things. So crazy. Wow.

Stop treating other living human beings like garbage just because they want something you don't
N4h8OZz.gif
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 75 76