Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Accents in Dragon Names
1 2 3
Support for accented letters, not for the special symbols, for the same reasons others have said.

(Reason: I try to name most of my dragons with french words, and it's getting hard finding words without any àâçéèêëîïôœùû. The worst is œ, it's used in Cœur = Heart)
Support for accented letters, not for the special symbols, for the same reasons others have said.

(Reason: I try to name most of my dragons with french words, and it's getting hard finding words without any àâçéèêëîïôœùû. The worst is œ, it's used in Cœur = Heart)
Moth Keeper's Lantern Multimist Mask Herb Rack Augite Fragments
» Wishlist
» Shop
» Badges
~~~~~~~~~~~~
They/them
Starksand Dunes
support! it would help with names based off things like norse mythology
support! it would help with names based off things like norse mythology
Moth Keeper's Lantern xx - azra.
- she/her.
- aavikko => dyhayc.
- skin & accent shop (semi-hiatus).
I definitely would like accented dragon names. I know a few of the dragons in my lair are meant to have accents, because they're from various languages, but I can't include them, so I always have to go without the accents and use an English letter-- which has goodness-knows-what effect on the names of my dragons. 8I Fun times for me.

I mean I still don't want to see dragons with gibberishy names, but anyone determined enough will make ridiculous gibberishy names anyway.
I definitely would like accented dragon names. I know a few of the dragons in my lair are meant to have accents, because they're from various languages, but I can't include them, so I always have to go without the accents and use an English letter-- which has goodness-knows-what effect on the names of my dragons. 8I Fun times for me.

I mean I still don't want to see dragons with gibberishy names, but anyone determined enough will make ridiculous gibberishy names anyway.
Returning after a long hiatus, a lot has changed!
Please be patient while I get used to things again :)
Support, can we get numbers as well?
Support, can we get numbers as well?
I support the adding of accents such as å, ñ, ó and so on, but I feel like that is not quite comparable with special characters like /, ¤, = or numbers. Because you see, I can name a dragon almost any word in the english language without having to worry about accents or symbols, but many words in a foreign language are inaccessible. I feel like I should be able the name a dragon say, Sydän, Kärlek or Åska, (Heart, Love, Storm) or just any ol' name that happens to use accents, if I wanted to, but I feel like it's cruel to group accents together with gibberish symbols! Symbols which aren't used in the writing of any language, not English, not Swedish, nor French.

Of course a lot of improvement in technology and things would be required before you could use characters of any language or alphabet such as Arabic or Japanese, but I feel like characters of the same alphabet you use in English, only with accents (or combined like œ, that Phasma mentioned), should be available to us.

There are a lot of problems that you would encounter if this were to be included (which I strongly wish it will be), such as monitoring of foul language and such, but there are only so many things you can include in a game without effort, I think.

Sincerely, Wonja
I support the adding of accents such as å, ñ, ó and so on, but I feel like that is not quite comparable with special characters like /, ¤, = or numbers. Because you see, I can name a dragon almost any word in the english language without having to worry about accents or symbols, but many words in a foreign language are inaccessible. I feel like I should be able the name a dragon say, Sydän, Kärlek or Åska, (Heart, Love, Storm) or just any ol' name that happens to use accents, if I wanted to, but I feel like it's cruel to group accents together with gibberish symbols! Symbols which aren't used in the writing of any language, not English, not Swedish, nor French.

Of course a lot of improvement in technology and things would be required before you could use characters of any language or alphabet such as Arabic or Japanese, but I feel like characters of the same alphabet you use in English, only with accents (or combined like œ, that Phasma mentioned), should be available to us.

There are a lot of problems that you would encounter if this were to be included (which I strongly wish it will be), such as monitoring of foul language and such, but there are only so many things you can include in a game without effort, I think.

Sincerely, Wonja
support! this may not seem like a big deal to people who speak english only, but it really does make a difference.

since people brought it up, i'm also gonna be controversial and say i support non-linguistic special characters in names too, because what someone names their dragon is their business. i'd be annoyed to see $&#%<!*| or jeff3638neo in my offspring list, sure. but i'd be equally annoyed to see mEmEmAStEr or fartsmell in there, and those are both possible and allowed. as they should be, because once someone buys a dragon, they can do whatever with it.
support! this may not seem like a big deal to people who speak english only, but it really does make a difference.

since people brought it up, i'm also gonna be controversial and say i support non-linguistic special characters in names too, because what someone names their dragon is their business. i'd be annoyed to see $&#%<!*| or jeff3638neo in my offspring list, sure. but i'd be equally annoyed to see mEmEmAStEr or fartsmell in there, and those are both possible and allowed. as they should be, because once someone buys a dragon, they can do whatever with it.
I support this idea (language lover here, so I have to ;) )

But:
"mi papá tiene 47 años"
"mi papa tiene 47 anos"
I studied Spanish and never thought of this, hahahaha!
I support this idea (language lover here, so I have to ;) )

But:
"mi papá tiene 47 años"
"mi papa tiene 47 anos"
I studied Spanish and never thought of this, hahahaha!
0.png top.png
spacer.png
handfulofpixels.png
spacer.png
wanted.pngnotrades.pngnosales.png
spacer.png
btm.png
top.png
freeadoptables.png
commissions.png
jars.png
btm.png
I support both accents and spaces.

I have a dragon called Francoeur, it does NOT look right without the joint oe!
I support both accents and spaces.

I have a dragon called Francoeur, it does NOT look right without the joint oe!
Yt4sddf.png
(I'm a bit late)

I support accents.

Accents are important. Spaces would be awesome, and maybe 20 characters instead of 16? Maybe a heart so that there's some way to deferentiate dragons set aside for certain breeding or something, but leave out all the crazy characters. There's thousands. Millions.

I think colour-coding the names would be handy too.

I'd like the idea of a "-" (not sure what they're called), as I would love to name a derg (who looks right) after a pet, who is "Sally-Jane", not "SallyJane", like my username.

It also means that a name I made up before FR can't be used properly. Kaküla. FR doesn't like the umlaut.
(I'm a bit late)

I support accents.

Accents are important. Spaces would be awesome, and maybe 20 characters instead of 16? Maybe a heart so that there's some way to deferentiate dragons set aside for certain breeding or something, but leave out all the crazy characters. There's thousands. Millions.

I think colour-coding the names would be handy too.

I'd like the idea of a "-" (not sure what they're called), as I would love to name a derg (who looks right) after a pet, who is "Sally-Jane", not "SallyJane", like my username.

It also means that a name I made up before FR can't be used properly. Kaküla. FR doesn't like the umlaut.
Please click on my babies!
FR time+17
Art-Shop-Button.jpg
Coatl-WC-Imp-Button.png
Wn6vGC1.png
Bb9XFYa.png
7A7cEAI.png
tNgQJvM.png
fDSaoY3.png
NN9NPXA.png
jccRWgS.png
40QQWBU.png
o4KdtaP.png
Support! I'd love to give my dragons some French and Polish names but many of them don't work without the accents, it annoys me to know that their meanings will be changed and people will be mispronouncing them in their heads.
Support! I'd love to give my dragons some French and Polish names but many of them don't work without the accents, it annoys me to know that their meanings will be changed and people will be mispronouncing them in their heads.
jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2 3