Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird phobias
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
This is a pretty common phobia, but I've had a phobia of flying insects for the longest time. It was at its worst around 6-7th grade for me (at least 6 years ago), where I wouldn't even go outside.

I've always been spooked by bees and wasps, but the real event that triggered the phobia was in 5th grade. I was swimming in our pool in the evening when a bee started buzzing around my ears. Like I said before, I've always been wary around flying insects, and the buzzing was the worst part of them to me. I started to panic and ducked underwater for as long as I could hold my breath. The bee was still there every time I came up for air, along with my dad yelling at me to get over it. I managed to get inside without getting stung, but that caused me a great deal of stress and caused me to be terrified of them ever since.

After a couple years of therapy and time, I can mostly manage a run-in with bees/wasps. But after a few years like that, it never really goes away. :/
This is a pretty common phobia, but I've had a phobia of flying insects for the longest time. It was at its worst around 6-7th grade for me (at least 6 years ago), where I wouldn't even go outside.

I've always been spooked by bees and wasps, but the real event that triggered the phobia was in 5th grade. I was swimming in our pool in the evening when a bee started buzzing around my ears. Like I said before, I've always been wary around flying insects, and the buzzing was the worst part of them to me. I started to panic and ducked underwater for as long as I could hold my breath. The bee was still there every time I came up for air, along with my dad yelling at me to get over it. I managed to get inside without getting stung, but that caused me a great deal of stress and caused me to be terrified of them ever since.

After a couple years of therapy and time, I can mostly manage a run-in with bees/wasps. But after a few years like that, it never really goes away. :/
tumblr_inline_n6kdvqWTSp1qlye38.gif 1UI2JZj.gif i'm ein
fr +3
my artshop
warcraft dweeb
she/her
@Cranberries
Oh I think I would have to haha. I want to learn how to sew and to needlefelt but I'm not sure if I can manage it :c
@Cranberries
Oh I think I would have to haha. I want to learn how to sew and to needlefelt but I'm not sure if I can manage it :c
i have a weirdly huge fear of elevators and its like?? the most embarrassing thing. i haven't really met anyone who understands it and neither do i really,

i think it's the idea of the possibility of getting trapped for hours with uncertainty of when i'll get out and also the possibility of getting trapped with strangers... it might sound on the claustrophobic side but i'm not really that either. so all i can conclude is that my brain is weird
i have a weirdly huge fear of elevators and its like?? the most embarrassing thing. i haven't really met anyone who understands it and neither do i really,

i think it's the idea of the possibility of getting trapped for hours with uncertainty of when i'll get out and also the possibility of getting trapped with strangers... it might sound on the claustrophobic side but i'm not really that either. so all i can conclude is that my brain is weird
tXKbExw.png
I have pyrophobia. Simple things like candles, lighters or fireplaces make me panic.
I have pyrophobia. Simple things like candles, lighters or fireplaces make me panic.
I have trypophobia and honestly don't know why. o-O Clusters of holes have just always made me extremely uncomfortable ever since I was little.

And I have social anxiety so I'm terrified of talking to people face-to-face, as well as making/receiving phone calls.

Also June beetles?? I freaking HATE those???? They freak me out. Most bugs are okay, but big beetles like that absolutely horrify me. ;~;
I have trypophobia and honestly don't know why. o-O Clusters of holes have just always made me extremely uncomfortable ever since I was little.

And I have social anxiety so I'm terrified of talking to people face-to-face, as well as making/receiving phone calls.

Also June beetles?? I freaking HATE those???? They freak me out. Most bugs are okay, but big beetles like that absolutely horrify me. ;~;
eg1jZa2.png
You already mentioned my first one, birds, but only because we had a "Bring your parent/guardian to class and talk of their job" day in Kindergarten. One kid's dad worked as a falconer at the local zoo. We all got to come up and touch the bird, it was pretty chill, but it snapped at me and bit my finger. I was the only one it did that to, so I take it as a sign.

Otherwise, the typical clown fear it seems, ruined by a "magician clown" who acted too much like the clown from IT. So yeah.
You already mentioned my first one, birds, but only because we had a "Bring your parent/guardian to class and talk of their job" day in Kindergarten. One kid's dad worked as a falconer at the local zoo. We all got to come up and touch the bird, it was pretty chill, but it snapped at me and bit my finger. I was the only one it did that to, so I take it as a sign.

Otherwise, the typical clown fear it seems, ruined by a "magician clown" who acted too much like the clown from IT. So yeah.
8MJ4dyU.png
JmVDqSj.png
Retired from Arcane Dom
FRT + 3
Arcane Newbies
Arcane Dom Hub
Arcane Dom 101
It's Caesar
Call me Julius!
Coli Builds 2.0
Arcane Baldwin
Hatchery
@noodlemangos

I know how to sew, but only by hand because I trust my own hands to not stab me more than I do a sewing machine haha
@noodlemangos

I know how to sew, but only by hand because I trust my own hands to not stab me more than I do a sewing machine haha
@Cranberries
I've sewn before, so I hope I can pick it up again and be ok. Because I really enjoy it.
@Cranberries
I've sewn before, so I hope I can pick it up again and be ok. Because I really enjoy it.
@Noodlemangos

Me too. I like craft projects like that, I took up finger weaving in 8th grade as a stress/anxiety reliever and ended up with a few 10 foot long, multicolored ropes of yarn that look like really thin scarves. It's super fun ^^
@Noodlemangos

Me too. I like craft projects like that, I took up finger weaving in 8th grade as a stress/anxiety reliever and ended up with a few 10 foot long, multicolored ropes of yarn that look like really thin scarves. It's super fun ^^
I've got a little bit of a phobia of water. But I guess that isn't considered strange! On the unusual side I haven't really got any strange fears. Despite this I do have a mild fear of failure. Again it's not unusual.
I've got a little bit of a phobia of water. But I guess that isn't considered strange! On the unusual side I haven't really got any strange fears. Despite this I do have a mild fear of failure. Again it's not unusual.
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13