Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird phobias
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Pregnancy/Childbirth. Just the thought of it makes me physically ill and anxious. I don't even like being around heavily pregnant people because the sight of their stomachs make me feel horribly nauseous. I don't really think it's that weird of a fear myself but other people (especially older people) think it is and usually react badly if I in any way express that I never want to be pregnant or physically have a child so I mostly just don't talk about it.
Pregnancy/Childbirth. Just the thought of it makes me physically ill and anxious. I don't even like being around heavily pregnant people because the sight of their stomachs make me feel horribly nauseous. I don't really think it's that weird of a fear myself but other people (especially older people) think it is and usually react badly if I in any way express that I never want to be pregnant or physically have a child so I mostly just don't talk about it.
tumblr_otyh5kkff31vsg0m1o1_400.png
I have a phobia of balloons, and also loud sudden noises. I don't know what caused them but I've been afraid of them all my life, to the point where I actively avoid balloons in the street and will flat out refuse to go in a room with them in. I don't know if it was a bad experience as a child or what but something has made me terrified of them. Thankfully anyone I've opened up to about that has been really understanding and I haven't had anyone laugh at me yet. But because of this family restaurants that give out balloons are a nightmare, I'm always super anxious and if my dad or someone has driven us to one I can't just not go >.< But anyway, with the loud noises I think it's more just the suddenness of them - I can go to a rock concert and be perfectly ok because it's pretty much constantly loud, but even if someone just slams a door too loud then it can make me really jumpy for the rest of the day and if it's too bad, can give me panic attacks.
I have a phobia of balloons, and also loud sudden noises. I don't know what caused them but I've been afraid of them all my life, to the point where I actively avoid balloons in the street and will flat out refuse to go in a room with them in. I don't know if it was a bad experience as a child or what but something has made me terrified of them. Thankfully anyone I've opened up to about that has been really understanding and I haven't had anyone laugh at me yet. But because of this family restaurants that give out balloons are a nightmare, I'm always super anxious and if my dad or someone has driven us to one I can't just not go >.< But anyway, with the loud noises I think it's more just the suddenness of them - I can go to a rock concert and be perfectly ok because it's pretty much constantly loud, but even if someone just slams a door too loud then it can make me really jumpy for the rest of the day and if it's too bad, can give me panic attacks.
I've got many fears. But as of today I have fear of my crush. Long awful story that happened today, don't feel like talking about it.

Anyway, all the time weird fears for me are probably balls. This fear isn't necessarily I scream and cry and freak out when I see a ball, it's when a ball is in motion and heading towards me. Another weird fear I have is...hmm probably my dad. He's so strict and yells a lot. My other fear is dating(and uh, some other adult things related to that). I don't know how to act and stuff. I mean I'm good at casual conversations with boys, but dating stuff just scares me/weirdo me out. I'm clearly not ready. I'm in highschool though, so a very irrational fear. But with a strict dad I can't technically dat yet. Yup.
I can think of other weird fears(some are very specific) but I don't have time. To busy moping around about today and I have homework.
I've got many fears. But as of today I have fear of my crush. Long awful story that happened today, don't feel like talking about it.

Anyway, all the time weird fears for me are probably balls. This fear isn't necessarily I scream and cry and freak out when I see a ball, it's when a ball is in motion and heading towards me. Another weird fear I have is...hmm probably my dad. He's so strict and yells a lot. My other fear is dating(and uh, some other adult things related to that). I don't know how to act and stuff. I mean I'm good at casual conversations with boys, but dating stuff just scares me/weirdo me out. I'm clearly not ready. I'm in highschool though, so a very irrational fear. But with a strict dad I can't technically dat yet. Yup.
I can think of other weird fears(some are very specific) but I don't have time. To busy moping around about today and I have homework.
ACOZFAh.png
VgtQms9.png
gTTW2gA.png
7vhtsnW.png
JvUa9ma.png
YMPbu9R.png
I have a fear of Victoria's Secret/Pink/stores like that. I don't know what it is, it's just... I'm not comfortable in there. It's like everything is forced to be all pink and girly, and everyone gets in your business. I had a panic attack when my mom took me in there to get my size. It's just not my thing. ...At all.
I have a fear of Victoria's Secret/Pink/stores like that. I don't know what it is, it's just... I'm not comfortable in there. It's like everything is forced to be all pink and girly, and everyone gets in your business. I had a panic attack when my mom took me in there to get my size. It's just not my thing. ...At all.
tumblr_inline_nwui6x4Zpo1t7d5o3_500.gif
im scared of whales they're too big and im pretty sure they have complex communication skills like what if theyre conspiring against us humans
im also scared of drowning which is understandable but like its so bad that i'll refuse to swim in water thats deeper than like, 4 and a half feet, i cant really swim too good either, like i can barely tread water

and i dont know if this is a phobia but wet paper towels or toilet paper or tissues gross me the heck out and i refuse to touch them, if mom is like cleaning the kitchen and gets a paper towel wet i gag, i can handle ones that are a little damp for like wiping your hands but....if theyre soggy, thats nasty
im scared of whales they're too big and im pretty sure they have complex communication skills like what if theyre conspiring against us humans
im also scared of drowning which is understandable but like its so bad that i'll refuse to swim in water thats deeper than like, 4 and a half feet, i cant really swim too good either, like i can barely tread water

and i dont know if this is a phobia but wet paper towels or toilet paper or tissues gross me the heck out and i refuse to touch them, if mom is like cleaning the kitchen and gets a paper towel wet i gag, i can handle ones that are a little damp for like wiping your hands but....if theyre soggy, thats nasty
tumblr_inline_ojq6kw7euk1r2ao8y_540.pngdratini.gifLL2jqUF.pngleafeon.giftumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
For the longest of years, since i can recall my existance, ive feared anything that is giant and related to water.

And, for the longest of years, I always said that "yeah well uh im afraid of whales and ships. and like not sailing, just the ship"

and about a year or so ago, I found out that my fear is apparently a 'subform' of macrophobia (irrational fear of things that are lots bigger than their 'archetype' or something)

also not so weird but wasps and hornets of any type they can all leave to where they came from
For the longest of years, since i can recall my existance, ive feared anything that is giant and related to water.

And, for the longest of years, I always said that "yeah well uh im afraid of whales and ships. and like not sailing, just the ship"

and about a year or so ago, I found out that my fear is apparently a 'subform' of macrophobia (irrational fear of things that are lots bigger than their 'archetype' or something)

also not so weird but wasps and hornets of any type they can all leave to where they came from
6655fe4067bf8ca45637cdd30867f01d0c1e2466.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13