Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Ambush not working
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
its not working for me at all
its not working for me at all
@HookFangXor

See my post immediately above yours.
@HookFangXor

See my post immediately above yours.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
So wait, what exactly are you saying? Are you saying that Ambush isn't working the way players expect it to, as it is implied in the tooltip? No wonder this thread is still around... it doesn't make any sense! If I buy an Ambush stone and give it to my slowest dragon, what I expect is for that slow dragon to be the first to attack whenever a fight is initiated, not for me to simply gain an extra turn for my party as a whole when I start the fight. If I has known that's the way it works I would have never bought an Ambush stone in the first place, and sold any I had beforehand. It's not worth it, in my opinion; if I wanted my dragons to have more turns I would raise their Quickness, not buy an entire battlestone for it! If your players are thinking something they bought is bugged, and has been bugged for years, then that's not a good thing; I initially believed that Ambush had a bug simply because it didn't do what I thought it did.
Hm... I think I'm going to throw this into the Suggestions thread. Maybe there are lots of people out there who are already used to Ambush the way it is, but it makes no sense to me. It makes more sense for the stone to do what it was implied to do, not skirt the edges of its implication while still hesitantly staying true.
So wait, what exactly are you saying? Are you saying that Ambush isn't working the way players expect it to, as it is implied in the tooltip? No wonder this thread is still around... it doesn't make any sense! If I buy an Ambush stone and give it to my slowest dragon, what I expect is for that slow dragon to be the first to attack whenever a fight is initiated, not for me to simply gain an extra turn for my party as a whole when I start the fight. If I has known that's the way it works I would have never bought an Ambush stone in the first place, and sold any I had beforehand. It's not worth it, in my opinion; if I wanted my dragons to have more turns I would raise their Quickness, not buy an entire battlestone for it! If your players are thinking something they bought is bugged, and has been bugged for years, then that's not a good thing; I initially believed that Ambush had a bug simply because it didn't do what I thought it did.
Hm... I think I'm going to throw this into the Suggestions thread. Maybe there are lots of people out there who are already used to Ambush the way it is, but it makes no sense to me. It makes more sense for the stone to do what it was implied to do, not skirt the edges of its implication while still hesitantly staying true.
Please ping me if you respond to one of my posts. I'm very forgetful so I may not see the response otherwise.
Art & Writing Shop (on hiatus) | Skin Shop (on hiatus)
A wild science-fiction book sample has appeared!
@Kralexi @Mizugo

I'm sorry the description of this bug isn't clear in the first post.

Ambush works.

However, the first turn belonging to the fastest dragon/first dragon with ambush is bugged. Most people never notice this until they get their first ambush. After getting your first Ambush, the dragon it goes on is now the fastest and suddenly you notice that the first turn is now skipped.

The lost first turn has been a bug since the beginning and has nothing to do with how Ambush works. It's on the list of things waiting for the coli rewrite (so far as we know 'cause it's a pretty big bug).
@Kralexi @Mizugo

I'm sorry the description of this bug isn't clear in the first post.

Ambush works.

However, the first turn belonging to the fastest dragon/first dragon with ambush is bugged. Most people never notice this until they get their first ambush. After getting your first Ambush, the dragon it goes on is now the fastest and suddenly you notice that the first turn is now skipped.

The lost first turn has been a bug since the beginning and has nothing to do with how Ambush works. It's on the list of things waiting for the coli rewrite (so far as we know 'cause it's a pretty big bug).
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@ceiswyn thank you i understand :]
@ceiswyn thank you i understand :]
@Nightwind: Ohhh, so it really is bugged-just in a different spot-and it's not that it's just being interpreted incorrectly? Boy, that threw me for a loop, and then a bigger loop. XD Well, so much for my battlestone idea, I guess I'll just have to sit (im)patiently for the fix to come along. First I thought the battlestone was broken, and then it was just a weird tooltip allowing for misinterpretation.
So now this quote makes a lot more sense:
Quote:
ceiswyn:

Here's an example:

Before Ambush:
1. Dragon A
2. Dragon B
3. Dragon C
4. Enemy 1
5. Enemy 2

After putting an Ambush on Dragon C:
1. Dragon C
2. Dragon A
3. Dragon B
4. Dragon C
5. Enemy 1

See? You get an extra turn. Just not where you expect it.

The dragons that are struck out are in the first turn which is bugged; I thought it was because of something else. Whoa, that's really weird... I hope they fix that first turn soon.
@Nightwind: Ohhh, so it really is bugged-just in a different spot-and it's not that it's just being interpreted incorrectly? Boy, that threw me for a loop, and then a bigger loop. XD Well, so much for my battlestone idea, I guess I'll just have to sit (im)patiently for the fix to come along. First I thought the battlestone was broken, and then it was just a weird tooltip allowing for misinterpretation.
So now this quote makes a lot more sense:
Quote:
ceiswyn:

Here's an example:

Before Ambush:
1. Dragon A
2. Dragon B
3. Dragon C
4. Enemy 1
5. Enemy 2

After putting an Ambush on Dragon C:
1. Dragon C
2. Dragon A
3. Dragon B
4. Dragon C
5. Enemy 1

See? You get an extra turn. Just not where you expect it.

The dragons that are struck out are in the first turn which is bugged; I thought it was because of something else. Whoa, that's really weird... I hope they fix that first turn soon.
Please ping me if you respond to one of my posts. I'm very forgetful so I may not see the response otherwise.
Art & Writing Shop (on hiatus) | Skin Shop (on hiatus)
A wild science-fiction book sample has appeared!
I'm experiencing this same problem. I have just one with ambush at the moment, but will still have some monsters in the monster battles move before the one with Ambush equipped. It's been this way for a few levels now.
I'm experiencing this same problem. I have just one with ambush at the moment, but will still have some monsters in the monster battles move before the one with Ambush equipped. It's been this way for a few levels now.
I've got the same problem. My exalting team's start always goes Brutus-Calnos-Calnos-Brutus-Calnos, even though I have two ambush stones on Brutus.

Everything works fine when I bring in another dragon with ambush that I've been leveling--but she's the slowest one...I don't really understand why her ambush is the one that gets bumped to the top slot and apparently eaten, if I'm understanding previous posts correctly?
I've got the same problem. My exalting team's start always goes Brutus-Calnos-Calnos-Brutus-Calnos, even though I have two ambush stones on Brutus.

Everything works fine when I bring in another dragon with ambush that I've been leveling--but she's the slowest one...I don't really understand why her ambush is the one that gets bumped to the top slot and apparently eaten, if I'm understanding previous posts correctly?
My ambush does't have any effect on the turns.
My ambush does't have any effect on the turns.
The bug still isn't addressed it seems, it's not working for me either.

Friend of mine said it's to do with the entire Coliseum being bugged and it skips the first turn, so 1 dragon with Ambush will never go, but if you have 2-3 with ambush, the latter ones would activate.
The bug still isn't addressed it seems, it's not working for me either.

Friend of mine said it's to do with the entire Coliseum being bugged and it skips the first turn, so 1 dragon with Ambush will never go, but if you have 2-3 with ambush, the latter ones would activate.
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30