Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The Rodent Club *NEW TIDBITS PINGLIST*
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@bubonic

no worries! it might help to keep the thread more active, too.
@bubonic

no worries! it might help to keep the thread more active, too.
tumblr_o0zdk7U6M21u3wsjco6_250.png a1rYPJ5.png

gASzi6V.pngtP5PUOX.png

they/them; +17fr
doodle art
Oh hey, I had no idea a thread such as this existed, awesome!! It's actually really awesome to see such a huge interest in rodents here!

Just a quick intro, the name's Emmie and I mainly stick to Rats, though we do have a Male Mouse. I have five rats in total - used to be seven, but two of my females recently died of mammary tumors - I have three males and two females. My females are both special cases in that one suffers from epilepsy (which is rare in rats, sigh) and the other from a respiratory problem she was born with. My Males are all fine luckily!

My Males are all rats that have either been adopted or bought (because I couldn't stand seeing them on their own in the pet shop!) and have be introduced to one another ^^ So far, all intros I've done with Males have ended in a successful introduction, the longest took a month at least. The youngest male is a three month old who we're intro-ing to the two males that currently live in the adult's cage, they get along really well already, but baby would be able to squeeze out of their cage, so it's regular contact for now ^^;

I'm a British Rat owner, and while Rat associations do exist in Britain, I live in the South-West which is barren of anything rat-related other than pet shops...
Oh hey, I had no idea a thread such as this existed, awesome!! It's actually really awesome to see such a huge interest in rodents here!

Just a quick intro, the name's Emmie and I mainly stick to Rats, though we do have a Male Mouse. I have five rats in total - used to be seven, but two of my females recently died of mammary tumors - I have three males and two females. My females are both special cases in that one suffers from epilepsy (which is rare in rats, sigh) and the other from a respiratory problem she was born with. My Males are all fine luckily!

My Males are all rats that have either been adopted or bought (because I couldn't stand seeing them on their own in the pet shop!) and have be introduced to one another ^^ So far, all intros I've done with Males have ended in a successful introduction, the longest took a month at least. The youngest male is a three month old who we're intro-ing to the two males that currently live in the adult's cage, they get along really well already, but baby would be able to squeeze out of their cage, so it's regular contact for now ^^;

I'm a British Rat owner, and while Rat associations do exist in Britain, I live in the South-West which is barren of anything rat-related other than pet shops...
fWKq08u.gif
Guys the Christmas litter is getting so big! They opened their eyes a few days ago and they're scooting around. <3

I have to share this video though! One of the boys fell asleep in my hand, I about died of the cute. Wish I would have grabbed my phone sooner to get video, I was too busy staring and screaming! Excuse my baby voice, I can't help it around the littles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIrx_72fZvU
Guys the Christmas litter is getting so big! They opened their eyes a few days ago and they're scooting around. <3

I have to share this video though! One of the boys fell asleep in my hand, I about died of the cute. Wish I would have grabbed my phone sooner to get video, I was too busy staring and screaming! Excuse my baby voice, I can't help it around the littles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIrx_72fZvU
zQ6DQTa.png
@SavageDestiny

ahhh my goodness, what a little cutie! I can't blame you for screaming, it's a very cute sight indeed! <3
@SavageDestiny

ahhh my goodness, what a little cutie! I can't blame you for screaming, it's a very cute sight indeed! <3
fWKq08u.gif
Well this is a club I can skulk into.

@Bubonic
I can be added to the assistance list as well as a rat owner. Mirrinaattori and I live under the same roof. :D
Well this is a club I can skulk into.

@Bubonic
I can be added to the assistance list as well as a rat owner. Mirrinaattori and I live under the same roof. :D
3QONSnu.png

In the silence of the ice, even dreams become still.
@LordLauri

No problem! Added!
@LordLauri

No problem! Added!
plagueshieldr.pngXxqDwGq.pngplagueshieldl.png
Aw this thread makes me a bit sad, as I've had two hamsters in my life. I've no rodents at the moment, but I'd love to see other people's and maybe give some advice from my past experiences!

@Bubonic I can be added to the assistance list of you'd like! I've had personal experience with hamsters and I'm fairly knowledgeable about them.
Aw this thread makes me a bit sad, as I've had two hamsters in my life. I've no rodents at the moment, but I'd love to see other people's and maybe give some advice from my past experiences!

@Bubonic I can be added to the assistance list of you'd like! I've had personal experience with hamsters and I'm fairly knowledgeable about them.
Zounds!
@SpacemanSpiff

Awesome! I'll add you!
@SpacemanSpiff

Awesome! I'll add you!
Rat Tidbit!

Echinacea is an excellent immunity booster! I used to put a little in my boys' water bottle every time I refilled it!

Really helps with averting your seasonal colds and respiration problems!
Rat Tidbit!

Echinacea is an excellent immunity booster! I used to put a little in my boys' water bottle every time I refilled it!

Really helps with averting your seasonal colds and respiration problems!
Hey everyone!

I'm now known as Satanic, was formerly Morticia. :)
Hey everyone!

I'm now known as Satanic, was formerly Morticia. :)
Δ KUJJm1Z.gif 6XeGCFj.gif Ω
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10