Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | So... Thylacine. Opinions?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
it is a hit or miss gene, i don't like it over all though. It is like Phantomsylveon said, it is like crackle some like it some don't. I may have some dragons that maybe could pull it off but i dislike the gene so i am not going to look. It seems too strong to me, like crackle, and okapi. It is also a very specialized gene you could say only working on some combinations and not on others. Like the pale verses dark base. Pale looks fine but dark is a mess. I did want another tert but i am disappointed with this one so i am hoping for a better one in the future.
it is a hit or miss gene, i don't like it over all though. It is like Phantomsylveon said, it is like crackle some like it some don't. I may have some dragons that maybe could pull it off but i dislike the gene so i am not going to look. It seems too strong to me, like crackle, and okapi. It is also a very specialized gene you could say only working on some combinations and not on others. Like the pale verses dark base. Pale looks fine but dark is a mess. I did want another tert but i am disappointed with this one so i am hoping for a better one in the future.
tumblr_inline_ny7iuf0sWN1qmzhvw_540.png YlaLYbY.gifBiLKyog.gif+3 FR|She/Her
@Drakel I like Thylacine for one reason, and one reason only: [img]http://i.imgur.com/ezWtvkM.png[/img] [b]CHESHIRE CAT[/b]
@Drakel

I like Thylacine for one reason, and one reason only:

ezWtvkM.png

CHESHIRE CAT
HzGpUHb.png
[quote name="Temporaryreality" date=2016-01-12 13:57:37] @ Drakel I like Thylacine for one reason, and one reason only: [img]http://i.imgur.com/ezWtvkM.png[/img] [b]CHESHIRE CAT[/b] [/quote] Oh my god that is gorgeous!
Temporaryreality wrote on 2016-01-12:
@ Drakel

I like Thylacine for one reason, and one reason only:

ezWtvkM.png

CHESHIRE CAT

Oh my god that is gorgeous!
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
I admit, I've seen it used in some ways where it looks amazing. However, I tried it on all of my dragons and it just doesn't look right when you think that it would. For example, [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=26&wing=23&style=4&gender=1&ages=1&prig=1&secg=5&tert=23&elem=5&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png[/img] It doesn't look awful, but again, it just doesn't look right.. if that makes any sense. I'm sure it has to do with the gradient. I know we can't always have genes that everyone loves, I just feel like this gene is so damn close to being one that would be really popular, but instead it will end up like crackle where it only works for most people in really rare circumstances and that sucks.
I admit, I've seen it used in some ways where it looks amazing. However, I tried it on all of my dragons and it just doesn't look right when you think that it would. For example,

dragonpic2.php?body=26&wing=23&style=4&gender=1&ages=1&prig=1&secg=5&tert=23&elem=5&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png
It doesn't look awful, but again, it just doesn't look right.. if that makes any sense. I'm sure it has to do with the gradient.

I know we can't always have genes that everyone loves, I just feel like this gene is so damn close to being one that would be really popular, but instead it will end up like crackle where it only works for most people in really rare circumstances and that sucks.
Like so many, I fancy darker Thylacines on lighter bases. It is rather annoyingly hit-and-miss.

I am sad it looks so horrifyingly bad on very dark bases, though. Part of me thinks it might be an art error?
Like so many, I fancy darker Thylacines on lighter bases. It is rather annoyingly hit-and-miss.

I am sad it looks so horrifyingly bad on very dark bases, though. Part of me thinks it might be an art error?
DQ9DP8W.png
It looks fantastic on some breeds, depending on colors. I particularly like it on Tundras.

I considered it for a Azure/Teal/Silver male Pearlcatcher .... It looked like a big silver blob.
It looks fantastic on some breeds, depending on colors. I particularly like it on Tundras.

I considered it for a Azure/Teal/Silver male Pearlcatcher .... It looked like a big silver blob.
2xzqJzN.png
Inspire. Dream. Hope. Believe. Imagine. Create.
I know they changed the gene slightly on male wildclaws, have they changed it on any other breeds?
I know they changed the gene slightly on male wildclaws, have they changed it on any other breeds?
VWPWMZp.png
It's a pastel victory (yay for those cute eye shadows) Also, it works better on basic because the other color they put in is pretty much the second color they put in for basic. (the color shows on the belly with basic primary gene) [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/193879/19387884_350.png[/img] Also, this is totally a food gene, check out this tuna sashimi: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19791824] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/197919/19791824_350.png[/img] [/url]
It's a pastel victory (yay for those cute eye shadows)

Also, it works better on basic because the other color they put in is pretty much the second color they put in for basic. (the color shows on the belly with basic primary gene)

19387884_350.png

Also, this is totally a food gene, check out this tuna sashimi:

19791824_350.png
3_by_ordif-dauf0bm.png
Seems like it looks really nice on lighter colors like most have said, but yeah. On dark colors the opacity of the gradient really does look like an error, which is a shame since it is a much more balanced stripe tert compared to okapi.
Seems like it looks really nice on lighter colors like most have said, but yeah. On dark colors the opacity of the gradient really does look like an error, which is a shame since it is a much more balanced stripe tert compared to okapi.
Only really decent on XXY's, near-XXYs, Double darks and double whites.
Kinda like Circuit in terms of color matching. But more difficult since there is more gradient of the color covering the body in areas of both primary and secondary.

But, I do have 2 Thylo project dragons! 1 who is White/White/Grey, and another who is unusual in Gold/Purple/Lemon? (but... Male Spirals... It looks great on Male Spirals!)
Only really decent on XXY's, near-XXYs, Double darks and double whites.
Kinda like Circuit in terms of color matching. But more difficult since there is more gradient of the color covering the body in areas of both primary and secondary.

But, I do have 2 Thylo project dragons! 1 who is White/White/Grey, and another who is unusual in Gold/Purple/Lemon? (but... Male Spirals... It looks great on Male Spirals!)
84si1j.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14