Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | So... Thylacine. Opinions?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14
Hit or miss, but I do think it's unique enough and not just an Okapi copy (try saying that out loud, lol) like others have said. The face patterns, especially around the eyes, look really neat. I agree that it should be a bit more opaque, but over all, there are some dragons it looks really cool on. But for most dragons, it's either underwhelming or messy. Still, I think there are enough dragons that it does look really cool on to justify it.

I mean, I like it better than Okapi myself, because I only find Okapi actively flattering in probably 0.5% of dragons who have it. I think Thylacine will probably be easier to combine color combinations than Okapi will, at least. I definitely like it better than Gembond, which almost always looks awful to me, or a few of the other existing genes.
Hit or miss, but I do think it's unique enough and not just an Okapi copy (try saying that out loud, lol) like others have said. The face patterns, especially around the eyes, look really neat. I agree that it should be a bit more opaque, but over all, there are some dragons it looks really cool on. But for most dragons, it's either underwhelming or messy. Still, I think there are enough dragons that it does look really cool on to justify it.

I mean, I like it better than Okapi myself, because I only find Okapi actively flattering in probably 0.5% of dragons who have it. I think Thylacine will probably be easier to combine color combinations than Okapi will, at least. I definitely like it better than Gembond, which almost always looks awful to me, or a few of the other existing genes.
I was very excited to seen a new tert gene, but then sorely disappointed to see that it looks terrible on all of my dragons. As other people have said, the underlying gradient looks bad.
I was very excited to seen a new tert gene, but then sorely disappointed to see that it looks terrible on all of my dragons. As other people have said, the underlying gradient looks bad.
Crabbie's Adoptables Hatchery
"gradient" game is way too strong, it's not even a gradient :'D

It may looks good at basics, iri/shim or cry/face with some colors but the rest is.. meh. Also it look strage on some breeds(especially on tundras). Almost impossible to mix with Tiger primary which is my fave, so I wasn't really impressed with this new gene~
"gradient" game is way too strong, it's not even a gradient :'D

It may looks good at basics, iri/shim or cry/face with some colors but the rest is.. meh. Also it look strage on some breeds(especially on tundras). Almost impossible to mix with Tiger primary which is my fave, so I wasn't really impressed with this new gene~
I like it. It IS hard to work with; It's a mess light-on-dark, but occasionally it works, especally with some very surprising combos. I hate stripes; but with this, it creates a very nice accent that really makes stripes pop. Here's one of my oldest) and ugliest) dragons. I've switched out her gembond for thylacine. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=19&wing=33&style=8&gender=1&ages=1&prig=4&secg=0&tert=11&elem=9&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png[/img] But look what happens if I add stripes (my hands-down least favorite gene on this site. Well, maybe next to current.) [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=19&wing=33&style=8&gender=1&ages=1&prig=4&secg=2&tert=11&elem=9&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png[/img] On a light dragon, for the first time, I LIKE blood as a tert. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=23&wing=4&style=6&gender=1&ages=1&prig=9&secg=10&tert=60&elem=3&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png[/img]
I like it. It IS hard to work with; It's a mess light-on-dark, but occasionally it works, especally with some very surprising combos. I hate stripes; but with this, it creates a very nice accent that really makes stripes pop. Here's one of my oldest) and ugliest) dragons.

I've switched out her gembond for thylacine.

dragonpic2.php?body=19&wing=33&style=8&gender=1&ages=1&prig=4&secg=0&tert=11&elem=9&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png

But look what happens if I add stripes (my hands-down least favorite gene on this site. Well, maybe next to current.)

dragonpic2.php?body=19&wing=33&style=8&gender=1&ages=1&prig=4&secg=2&tert=11&elem=9&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png

On a light dragon, for the first time, I LIKE blood as a tert.

dragonpic2.php?body=23&wing=4&style=6&gender=1&ages=1&prig=9&secg=10&tert=60&elem=3&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png

Riven's Cauldron - Level 17 Cauldron, Free Brewing+ Payment on Delivery option!
Probably my new favorite tert, true that it doesn't work on everything but it looks absolutely stunning on some. I personally prefer genes like this, where I can make unique really pretty dragons instead of just doing all the "standard models" like Irshim/Cryface dergs (to name the most obvious examples).
Probably my new favorite tert, true that it doesn't work on everything but it looks absolutely stunning on some. I personally prefer genes like this, where I can make unique really pretty dragons instead of just doing all the "standard models" like Irshim/Cryface dergs (to name the most obvious examples).
vvTo3kO.png

syJrt1N.gif
Honestly, it feels lazy. It's just an airbrush with Okapi-style stripes on top. I do like the stripes, but the airbrush is just.. why? I have seen some fantastic previews with it, but as others have said, it is extremely situational. And I think that's fine, we have some tertiaries that are extremely versatile. Spines works with nearly any dragon, same with UB and Glimmer. It's not my favorite, but it's okay.
Honestly, it feels lazy. It's just an airbrush with Okapi-style stripes on top. I do like the stripes, but the airbrush is just.. why? I have seen some fantastic previews with it, but as others have said, it is extremely situational. And I think that's fine, we have some tertiaries that are extremely versatile. Spines works with nearly any dragon, same with UB and Glimmer. It's not my favorite, but it's okay.
They/them pronouns, please ping me or PM if you want to get ahold of us!
Emerald Ratsnake Copper Pocketwatch

Hoarding pocketwatches and snakes! Tarot reading shop! Art shop!
Silver Pocketwatch Amelanistic Racer
Icicles. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=8&wing=3&style=8&gender=1&ages=1&prig=4&secg=7&tert=3&elem=6&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=8&wing=3&style=9&gender=1&ages=1&prig=4&secg=7&tert=3&elem=6&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=8&wing=3&style=7&gender=0&ages=1&prig=4&secg=7&tert=3&elem=6&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png[/img]
Icicles.

dragonpic2.php?body=8&wing=3&style=8&gender=1&ages=1&prig=4&secg=7&tert=3&elem=6&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png

dragonpic2.php?body=8&wing=3&style=9&gender=1&ages=1&prig=4&secg=7&tert=3&elem=6&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png

dragonpic2.php?body=8&wing=3&style=7&gender=0&ages=1&prig=4&secg=7&tert=3&elem=6&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png
Am I the only one who really likes the gradient? Because seriously, it's up there with Circuit in "genes that make themselves look good." The gradient ties it all together. I really adore what it does to the manes on dragons like Tundras: [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=28&wing=22&style=6&gender=1&ages=1&prig=3&secg=5&tert=37&elem=4&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png[/img] Although I'm not planning on gening this one (I like the pure blue better), I adore the seaweed look it gives her. Overall, its gradient makes it work a whole ton better than Okapi, too (lack of gradient is my biggest gripe with Okapi, in fact). Like compare: [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=22&wing=65&style=4&gender=1&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=18&elem=9&tertgene=9&spec=prev.png[/img] vs. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=22&wing=65&style=4&gender=1&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=18&elem=9&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png[/img] The first looks flat and pasted-on, while the second looks natural and flows with the base color. And also this gene is absolutely perfect for sick Coatls: [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=16&wing=16&style=12&gender=0&ages=1&prig=0&secg=0&tert=15&elem=9&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png[/img] Look at that fading plumage!
Am I the only one who really likes the gradient?

Because seriously, it's up there with Circuit in "genes that make themselves look good." The gradient ties it all together.

I really adore what it does to the manes on dragons like Tundras:

dragonpic2.php?body=28&wing=22&style=6&gender=1&ages=1&prig=3&secg=5&tert=37&elem=4&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png
Although I'm not planning on gening this one (I like the pure blue better), I adore the seaweed look it gives her.

Overall, its gradient makes it work a whole ton better than Okapi, too (lack of gradient is my biggest gripe with Okapi, in fact). Like compare:

dragonpic2.php?body=22&wing=65&style=4&gender=1&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=18&elem=9&tertgene=9&spec=prev.png
vs.
dragonpic2.php?body=22&wing=65&style=4&gender=1&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=18&elem=9&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png

The first looks flat and pasted-on, while the second looks natural and flows with the base color.

And also this gene is absolutely perfect for sick Coatls:
dragonpic2.php?body=16&wing=16&style=12&gender=0&ages=1&prig=0&secg=0&tert=15&elem=9&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png
Look at that fading plumage!
When it's good, it's a very pretty gene. When it's bad though... it's pretty ugly. Not even in a 'clashing colours/too much going on' kind of way but I actually think it looks pretty low-quality at times, and that's quite a surprise given the usual excellent standard of art on this site. Also, and maybe it's just my professional artist eyes here, but some of the darker colours have really obvious fringing/contrast-halo issues towards the tips of the stripes and THAT bugs the hell out of me: [img]http://i.imgur.com/zQOwlND.png[/img]
When it's good, it's a very pretty gene. When it's bad though... it's pretty ugly. Not even in a 'clashing colours/too much going on' kind of way but I actually think it looks pretty low-quality at times, and that's quite a surprise given the usual excellent standard of art on this site.

Also, and maybe it's just my professional artist eyes here, but some of the darker colours have really obvious fringing/contrast-halo issues towards the tips of the stripes and THAT bugs the hell out of me:
zQOwlND.png
Whenever I see it in red it tends to remind me of huge, open wounds. So, that's great. Since we're never going to get that again in accents.

I like it on my female nocturnes, but it's in that 'what they have is better, this would be my second choice, if I just made a duplicate baby of them....' way. I found a skydancer who's really pretty with thylacine and was put on her pinglist, though /o/
Whenever I see it in red it tends to remind me of huge, open wounds. So, that's great. Since we're never going to get that again in accents.

I like it on my female nocturnes, but it's in that 'what they have is better, this would be my second choice, if I just made a duplicate baby of them....' way. I found a skydancer who's really pretty with thylacine and was put on her pinglist, though /o/
22392.png 35896.png 22393.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14