Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Let's Talk Anime
I need suggestions

so far I've seen:
Tokyo Ghoul,
Norgami, (+Noragami Aragoto)
Hyouka,
Himouto!
Durarara! (I just started the fourth season and I'm PUMPED.)
Free!
The Asterisk War,
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darouka, (I just finished it, and I was totally not disappointed. It's amazing and I can't wait for a second season)
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no majo,
and Mirai nikki,

I'm in the middle of watching Parasyte.
I need suggestions

so far I've seen:
Tokyo Ghoul,
Norgami, (+Noragami Aragoto)
Hyouka,
Himouto!
Durarara! (I just started the fourth season and I'm PUMPED.)
Free!
The Asterisk War,
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darouka, (I just finished it, and I was totally not disappointed. It's amazing and I can't wait for a second season)
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no majo,
and Mirai nikki,

1V5lI2H.png
@Chills

Just off the top of my head:
Haikyuu
Attack on Titan
Fullmetal Alchemist + Brotherhood
Soul Eater
Hunter x Hunter
Cowboy Bebop
Blue Exorcist
Kyoukai no Kanata
Nichijou

Nice taste in anime, btw! ^-^
@Chills

Just off the top of my head:
Haikyuu
Attack on Titan
Fullmetal Alchemist + Brotherhood
Soul Eater
Hunter x Hunter
Cowboy Bebop
Blue Exorcist
Kyoukai no Kanata
Nichijou

Nice taste in anime, btw! ^-^
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
@Chills

I completely agree with the poster before me - you should definitely check out Haikyuu! : D
I'm not a huge fan of sports-anime, but Haikyuu is just really, really nice.
My favourite thing is how one of the Main-characters (Kageyama) seems like such a stereotype - but oh boy, he sure isnt' :'D

LIke, he starts out as this lone-wolf kind of dude who almost got kicked out of his team because he was bossing the other team-members around and in other anime it would have probably taken one entire season for a character like him to have his chara-development, bu~t... Nope - here, he got his **** together in like 3 episodes :D
And he's trying so hard ; v ; )
I just love how he is such an anti-stereotype and the entire cast is overall really, really , really adorable and nice!
Also the animuh is v intense :D

Another recommendation is [K] Project - and I highly recommend the Dub.
Have seen both *** and Eng version - and both are amazing.
It's just nicer to really hear and understand, so... please, go for the dub -i t's awesome! :D

Also if you like some Slice of Life with Drama, Teenagers in High school - and (classical) music, I recommend 'Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso'.
Very emotional, very beautiful colors - and very , very touching.
10/10 - would recommend~!
@Chills

I completely agree with the poster before me - you should definitely check out Haikyuu! : D
I'm not a huge fan of sports-anime, but Haikyuu is just really, really nice.
My favourite thing is how one of the Main-characters (Kageyama) seems like such a stereotype - but oh boy, he sure isnt' :'D

LIke, he starts out as this lone-wolf kind of dude who almost got kicked out of his team because he was bossing the other team-members around and in other anime it would have probably taken one entire season for a character like him to have his chara-development, bu~t... Nope - here, he got his **** together in like 3 episodes :D
And he's trying so hard ; v ; )
I just love how he is such an anti-stereotype and the entire cast is overall really, really , really adorable and nice!
Also the animuh is v intense :D

Another recommendation is [K] Project - and I highly recommend the Dub.
Have seen both *** and Eng version - and both are amazing.
It's just nicer to really hear and understand, so... please, go for the dub -i t's awesome! :D

Also if you like some Slice of Life with Drama, Teenagers in High school - and (classical) music, I recommend 'Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso'.
Very emotional, very beautiful colors - and very , very touching.
10/10 - would recommend~!
fr_hatchery_button_small_by_naahva-dch05rf.png
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
[ Language Learning Hub ]
naturef1.png
@Chills

No.6 (post-apocalyptic dystopian society stuff. The anime is p good, manga is really good, and the novels are,,, amazing, it's like my fav story)

Zankyou no Terror (teen terrorists in an alternate version of the present - the animation is so stunning it hurts me)

Gangsta!! (idk how to describe this one but it's good)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (a classic,, there's like 2 versions of the show and 4 movies so it's long but it's really good)

Ao no Exorcist (it's been a while since I watched this one but a+) (just noticed Ankha also recommended this)
@Chills

No.6 (post-apocalyptic dystopian society stuff. The anime is p good, manga is really good, and the novels are,,, amazing, it's like my fav story)

Zankyou no Terror (teen terrorists in an alternate version of the present - the animation is so stunning it hurts me)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (a classic,, there's like 2 versions of the show and 4 movies so it's long but it's really good)

Ao no Exorcist (it's been a while since I watched this one but a+) (just noticed Ankha also recommended this)

jay | he/him | +3 fr
oaONRiZ.png
i'm a bit biased here for this one lmao: if you want something that gets more ridiculous as it goes on, try jojo's bizarre adventure but PLEASE start with part 1. the anime goes up to part 3 and part 4 is getting an anime soon. but right now the manga is at like, 8 parts.

you could also give one punch man a try, it's pretty good. that and you can read the manga or original webcomic.

osomatsu-san is a cute little anime also, that got a recent reboot from it's like, i think 60's-70's original?
i'm a bit biased here for this one lmao: if you want something that gets more ridiculous as it goes on, try jojo's bizarre adventure but PLEASE start with part 1. the anime goes up to part 3 and part 4 is getting an anime soon. but right now the manga is at like, 8 parts.

you could also give one punch man a try, it's pretty good. that and you can read the manga or original webcomic.

osomatsu-san is a cute little anime also, that got a recent reboot from it's like, i think 60's-70's original?
welcome to my twisted breadsticks mind
[quote name="alqu" date=2016-01-11 12:04:27] Gangsta!! (idk how to describe this one but it's good) [/quote] I recommend Gangsta. but read the manga as the anime ends on quite the cliffhanger, same with Deadman Wonderland which I highly recommend the manga but the anime just kinda... Ends abruptly
alqu wrote on 2016-01-11:

I recommend Gangsta. but read the manga as the anime ends on quite the cliffhanger, same with Deadman Wonderland which I highly recommend the manga but the anime just kinda... Ends abruptly
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
[quote name="Chills" date=2016-01-10 20:03:10]I'm in the middle of watching Parasyte.[/quote] Parasyte owns. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt2O_bAVuoA]Jojo's Bizarre Adventure[/url] is great too. It's about dudes who punch other dudes, vampires and punchghosts. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZWaYQVOVG0]Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex[/url] is an awesome show too, sadly I couldn't find my favorite episode online but whatever, I liked this one too. It's about society, technology and the internet. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdhR5XZNXbs&list=ELMvwzjNR4c5A]Mushishi[/url] is the chillest damn anime in the world. It's about nature, people and a dude just roaming around solving problems by being a cool dude. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtwottB4dsw&list=PLx1TktwuzXHitYpQSX_UGHZ2xPa2is6Fg&index=9]Mononoke[/url] is one of the most stylistic and fascinating anime I've seen in a long time and I still love it. I've linked here the last part of "Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales" which was popular enough to spinoff into its own series, Mononoke. This part, Bakeneko, is still one of my favorite Mononoke episodes so I've linked it instead of the first episode of the series proper. Though all of Ayakashi is still pretty good, the part before Bakeneko was fun too. The first episode was a bit dull. I couldn't find a sub, an the dub is kind of eh. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iHFGxZblOo]Chaika[/url] is chaika.
Chills wrote on 2016-01-10:
Parasyte owns.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is great too. It's about dudes who punch other dudes, vampires and punchghosts.
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is an awesome show too, sadly I couldn't find my favorite episode online but whatever, I liked this one too. It's about society, technology and the internet.
Mushishi is the chillest damn anime in the world. It's about nature, people and a dude just roaming around solving problems by being a cool dude.
Mononoke is one of the most stylistic and fascinating anime I've seen in a long time and I still love it. I've linked here the last part of "Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales" which was popular enough to spinoff into its own series, Mononoke. This part, Bakeneko, is still one of my favorite Mononoke episodes so I've linked it instead of the first episode of the series proper. Though all of Ayakashi is still pretty good, the part before Bakeneko was fun too. The first episode was a bit dull. I couldn't find a sub, an the dub is kind of eh.
Chaika is chaika.
why does no one ever talk about the glory of the seven deadly sins?? it's literally one of the best i've ever seen.
why does no one ever talk about the glory of the seven deadly sins?? it's literally one of the best i've ever seen.
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
Well....

Black Butler
Sailor Moon
Hetalia
Sword Art Online
Higurashi
Fate Stay Night
Devil May Cry (DON'T LISTEN TO THE ENGLISH DUB, THE ENGLISH DUB IS HORRIBLE)
Fairy Tale
Fullmetal Alchemist
Host Club
Fruit's Basket
Puella Magi Magica Magidoka (Probably got the title wrong)
Persona 4: The Animation
Danganronpa (I don't know the exact name of the anime, but I do know that there's an anime for the game)
Well....

Black Butler
Sailor Moon
Hetalia
Sword Art Online
Higurashi
Fate Stay Night
Devil May Cry (DON'T LISTEN TO THE ENGLISH DUB, THE ENGLISH DUB IS HORRIBLE)
Fairy Tale
Fullmetal Alchemist
Host Club
Fruit's Basket
Puella Magi Magica Magidoka (Probably got the title wrong)
Persona 4: The Animation
Danganronpa (I don't know the exact name of the anime, but I do know that there's an anime for the game)
uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
Cowboy Bebop (dub only)
Full Metal Alchemist
Mushishi is great! One of my faves.
Blood+
Aldnoah Zero wasn't too bad I've only seen the first season though
PychoPass
Cowboy Bebop (dub only)
Full Metal Alchemist
Mushishi is great! One of my faves.
Blood+
Aldnoah Zero wasn't too bad I've only seen the first season though