Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Contest Winners! Faire games!
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21
Wow, the skins look amazing. Would love to buy one if I manage to get enough treasure tonight.

The puzzle piece bouncing thing is a bit annoying though, as in, often when you try to connect a piece to another one, instead of connecting it bounces away due to other pieces around them, which I find rather bothersome. It's okay that it's there to prevent cheating, but still.

Other than that, thank you guys for the awesomeness of this site, it has quickly become one of my favourites. The art and everything is so neat.
Wow, the skins look amazing. Would love to buy one if I manage to get enough treasure tonight.

The puzzle piece bouncing thing is a bit annoying though, as in, often when you try to connect a piece to another one, instead of connecting it bounces away due to other pieces around them, which I find rather bothersome. It's okay that it's there to prevent cheating, but still.

Other than that, thank you guys for the awesomeness of this site, it has quickly become one of my favourites. The art and everything is so neat.
Hey uh... I was just thinking... it would be really nice if we could have a bit more space to be able to do our puzzles on as it's a little hard to see what puzzle pieces you have when there's not enough room to spread them out properly. Maybe a nice sidebar or something for putting pieces to the side? Just a thought, thanks for everything you guys have done and congrats to the winners! :D
Hey uh... I was just thinking... it would be really nice if we could have a bit more space to be able to do our puzzles on as it's a little hard to see what puzzle pieces you have when there's not enough room to spread them out properly. Maybe a nice sidebar or something for putting pieces to the side? Just a thought, thanks for everything you guys have done and congrats to the winners! :D
Congrats to the winners!

Unfortunately, I don't see myself getting any of the coliseum skins. There aren't enough Light enemies spawning in any of the zones AND the coliseum is just not stable enough for me to get more than a few matches in a row. Most of the time, it hangs up and refuses to move even after 5+ minutes. As it is, I've barely been able to get any of the immaculate stones.

As for jigsaw... yeahhh no thanks. Played two matches, both with pieces that should go together jittering away repeatedly. I'll stick with runestones.
Congrats to the winners!

Unfortunately, I don't see myself getting any of the coliseum skins. There aren't enough Light enemies spawning in any of the zones AND the coliseum is just not stable enough for me to get more than a few matches in a row. Most of the time, it hangs up and refuses to move even after 5+ minutes. As it is, I've barely been able to get any of the immaculate stones.

As for jigsaw... yeahhh no thanks. Played two matches, both with pieces that should go together jittering away repeatedly. I'll stick with runestones.
Congrats! Thank you for the honorable mention. :>
Congrats! Thank you for the honorable mention. :>
@Shimamoyo

I agree. That's why I said that whilst I praise them (and want to give them my money), I'm not going to be a faceless yes-man. That's not going to do them any good. The thing is though is that diplomacy is worthwhile, here. I know this from having been a coder, hard work doesn't have any meaning until you've done coding. Now, I know to people who perform labour that might seem like a belaboured point, but... it's true.

I've done both, and when I'm doing the coding thing I've sometimes felt like my brain was going to burst and my eyes were going to pop. It's a deeply unpleasant experience. So this is a tricky situation. I don't completely agree with their decisions, but I do understand why these things are happening, and I want them to know that I empathise. At this point, they're likely tweaking out and being paranoid. There's been too much work and nowhere near enough sleep. So it's important to be respectful.

When you feel like your brain is going to burst, and you have the kind of headache that can only be described as Taiko drum music on steroids, but pain instead of noise, you don't want to see people being angry and aggressive, because you're really doing your best. For the good of the site, for the good of the community, and it can feel like a kick in the nuts, like you're completely under-appreciated.

I'm not fond of the jigsaw changes, but I think they're down to fatigue-induced paranoia. They're overly worried about inflation. I think that given enough time we'll see more changes, once they've had enough time to take a break and really analytically examine things. There's not much you can do about that kind of inflation, it's just not going to work. I understand and respect though that they want to try.

In my opinion, the best way to handle inflation is by having multiple kinds of currencies for different marketplace and auction items. The way this would work is that certain currencies could only occur after certain things have been done. For example, have a currency that unlocks after exalting X types of dragon. So each dragon has a currency that unlocks after exalting so many of them. This would lead to a better competition for dominance, and less people selling their dragons, therefore less normal money going around. With that in place, they could revert the jigsaw changes.

But that's my opinion, and I realise that would be hard to do. But being undiplomatic doesn't really won't help. I understand people are angry about the changes, but if we can show that we actually do care about their well-being, they might be more inclined to listen. So let's wait and see what they do.

Okay, so with the currency thing, I want to explain it a little better.

Let's say that there's a Mirror currency, you have to exalt X (20?) Mirror dragons to unlock it. Once it's unlocked, each Mirror dragon you then exalt leads to 5 Mirror coins. You can then buy new Mirror skins on the marketplace for 30 Mirror coins a piece, or something similar. Each particular breed of dragon would have its own type of currency, such as Gaurdian coins, Snapper coins, and so on (but perhaps with better names). These would lead to exclusive items for those coins.

This means that there would be less of a pressure on normal treasure, and it also means that there would be less people selling dragons, as more would want to exalt them to unlock and earn their currency types. So there would be more breeding, and most selling/buying would occur due to people trying to unlock currency types. This would help to balance the economy around different kinds of currency, leaving the basic 'treasure' currency for more basic items.

I feel that this would solve the inflation issue more than tinkering with the jigsaw would, but please understand that this is only a suggestion from an observer who's been involved in perhaps both the playing and creation of one too many online games. If you look at a game like WoW (however loathed it might be), there's a reason that that game has so many different currency types.

To write some more on this (sorry!)...

Not only could you have exclusive items to wear, skins, and so on for a particular kind of dragon, you could also use this for Coliseum things. By which I mean potions and the like. This coinage could be used to buy new attack shards, or potions, or what have you. It would effectively open up ten or so different kinds of currency, which would lead to that many economical variants. This would reduce the load away from treasure.
@Shimamoyo

I agree. That's why I said that whilst I praise them (and want to give them my money), I'm not going to be a faceless yes-man. That's not going to do them any good. The thing is though is that diplomacy is worthwhile, here. I know this from having been a coder, hard work doesn't have any meaning until you've done coding. Now, I know to people who perform labour that might seem like a belaboured point, but... it's true.

I've done both, and when I'm doing the coding thing I've sometimes felt like my brain was going to burst and my eyes were going to pop. It's a deeply unpleasant experience. So this is a tricky situation. I don't completely agree with their decisions, but I do understand why these things are happening, and I want them to know that I empathise. At this point, they're likely tweaking out and being paranoid. There's been too much work and nowhere near enough sleep. So it's important to be respectful.

When you feel like your brain is going to burst, and you have the kind of headache that can only be described as Taiko drum music on steroids, but pain instead of noise, you don't want to see people being angry and aggressive, because you're really doing your best. For the good of the site, for the good of the community, and it can feel like a kick in the nuts, like you're completely under-appreciated.

I'm not fond of the jigsaw changes, but I think they're down to fatigue-induced paranoia. They're overly worried about inflation. I think that given enough time we'll see more changes, once they've had enough time to take a break and really analytically examine things. There's not much you can do about that kind of inflation, it's just not going to work. I understand and respect though that they want to try.

In my opinion, the best way to handle inflation is by having multiple kinds of currencies for different marketplace and auction items. The way this would work is that certain currencies could only occur after certain things have been done. For example, have a currency that unlocks after exalting X types of dragon. So each dragon has a currency that unlocks after exalting so many of them. This would lead to a better competition for dominance, and less people selling their dragons, therefore less normal money going around. With that in place, they could revert the jigsaw changes.

But that's my opinion, and I realise that would be hard to do. But being undiplomatic doesn't really won't help. I understand people are angry about the changes, but if we can show that we actually do care about their well-being, they might be more inclined to listen. So let's wait and see what they do.

Okay, so with the currency thing, I want to explain it a little better.

Let's say that there's a Mirror currency, you have to exalt X (20?) Mirror dragons to unlock it. Once it's unlocked, each Mirror dragon you then exalt leads to 5 Mirror coins. You can then buy new Mirror skins on the marketplace for 30 Mirror coins a piece, or something similar. Each particular breed of dragon would have its own type of currency, such as Gaurdian coins, Snapper coins, and so on (but perhaps with better names). These would lead to exclusive items for those coins.

This means that there would be less of a pressure on normal treasure, and it also means that there would be less people selling dragons, as more would want to exalt them to unlock and earn their currency types. So there would be more breeding, and most selling/buying would occur due to people trying to unlock currency types. This would help to balance the economy around different kinds of currency, leaving the basic 'treasure' currency for more basic items.

I feel that this would solve the inflation issue more than tinkering with the jigsaw would, but please understand that this is only a suggestion from an observer who's been involved in perhaps both the playing and creation of one too many online games. If you look at a game like WoW (however loathed it might be), there's a reason that that game has so many different currency types.

To write some more on this (sorry!)...

Not only could you have exclusive items to wear, skins, and so on for a particular kind of dragon, you could also use this for Coliseum things. By which I mean potions and the like. This coinage could be used to buy new attack shards, or potions, or what have you. It would effectively open up ten or so different kinds of currency, which would lead to that many economical variants. This would reduce the load away from treasure.
"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible." -- Arthur C. Clarke
[quote name="Shimamoyo" date="2013-06-26 12:34:22" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=6&id=165554#167763"]Guys, I realize that running a site with difficult, but do not invalidate people's complaints because "Oh running a site is sooo hard." Yes, it's hard. But listening to your users can help. If a large chunk of users have a problem with something. A LEGITIMATE issue. (Something that's SUPPOSE to be fun isn't fun anymore. That's a legitimate issue for A GAME. Don't forget this whole site is a game.) I've also been on other sites with people blindly defending the admins and it never ends pretty. Always ends in bitterness on both sides. [/quote] Maybe I missed some posts, but I haven't seen anyone invalidating complaints. If I came off as doing so, then I apologize to those whose posts have merit. I'm only invalidating posts that basically say "It's too hard." and "I can't make enough gold anymore". That is just complaint rather than suggestion. I have managed to make a few thousand gold no sweat with jigsaw so far. I do agree that the occasional bouncing is weird and kind of annoying, but it really isn't that big of a hindrance.
Guys, I realize that running a site with difficult, but do not invalidate people's complaints because "Oh running a site is sooo hard." Yes, it's hard. But listening to your users can help. If a large chunk of users have a problem with something. A LEGITIMATE issue. (Something that's SUPPOSE to be fun isn't fun anymore. That's a legitimate issue for A GAME. Don't forget this whole site is a game.)

I've also been on other sites with people blindly defending the admins and it never ends pretty. Always ends in bitterness on both sides.

Maybe I missed some posts, but I haven't seen anyone invalidating complaints. If I came off as doing so, then I apologize to those whose posts have merit. I'm only invalidating posts that basically say "It's too hard." and "I can't make enough gold anymore". That is just complaint rather than suggestion. I have managed to make a few thousand gold no sweat with jigsaw so far. I do agree that the occasional bouncing is weird and kind of annoying, but it really isn't that big of a hindrance.
Bah! It's super annoying to organize my puzzles pieces now. The greens won't stay on their side when I'm working on brown D:
Bah! It's super annoying to organize my puzzles pieces now. The greens won't stay on their side when I'm working on brown D:
Congrats to the winners!!!
Congrats to the winners!!!
NHzYzMb.png
Congrats guys! Beautiful skins!

I must say, I really dislike puzzles now. You can't sort them, and you can't put them together half the time because they get pushed away when you try to fit them together. I use to be able to do an easy puzzle in 3~ minutes, now it takes well over 5. Not very happy with that change honestly.
Congrats guys! Beautiful skins!

I must say, I really dislike puzzles now. You can't sort them, and you can't put them together half the time because they get pushed away when you try to fit them together. I use to be able to do an easy puzzle in 3~ minutes, now it takes well over 5. Not very happy with that change honestly.
TEbNEim.png
Congrats to all the winners of the contest!! The skins are so beautiful--I must collect them all, haha! <3

Really glad to have fairgrounds back as well--thanks to the admins for all their hard work!
Congrats to all the winners of the contest!! The skins are so beautiful--I must collect them all, haha! <3

Really glad to have fairgrounds back as well--thanks to the admins for all their hard work!
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21