Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Contest Winners! Faire games!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20 21
I can confirm what AuldWolf said. It is still exploitable, although not as easily -- and maybe not as quickly. But it is still quite simple to stack the pieces into a little pile.
I can confirm what AuldWolf said. It is still exploitable, although not as easily -- and maybe not as quickly. But it is still quite simple to stack the pieces into a little pile.
Congrats, winners! and yay, fairgrounds :D
Congrats, winners! and yay, fairgrounds :D
Congrats to the skin winners!! I bet it was a difficult decision to make; so many beautiful entries!

And thank you admin for all your hard work. A+ updates! :) Time to get cracking on those games now that they're back.
Congrats to the skin winners!! I bet it was a difficult decision to make; so many beautiful entries!

And thank you admin for all your hard work. A+ updates! :) Time to get cracking on those games now that they're back.
tickle-logo-black_zps2546b258.png
[quote name="Alice" date="2013-06-26 08:52:36" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=1&id=165554#165705"]I don't like the jigsaw update. |: I used to gather all the corners or non corners into one place to make it easier to assemble the remaining pieces (since the screen is so tiny, even in fullscreen!); was that the exploit that was spoken of? o.o Well, I'll probably get used to it eventually... but I still don't like it. >.>[/quote] I'm exactly the same. I used to pile them up so that I could actually see what I was doing. With the new update I struggle to find the correct pieces to fit into place even on easy and there were so many pieces in the middle of the screen that when I tried to fit two halves of the puzzle outline together they kept springing apart and there wasn't enough room to move all the other pieces out of the way. :( I can understand that pieces would snap together if you were lucky enough to put them in the correct places by piling them up, but I don't think I can do any jigsaw puzzles anymore, particularly the hard ones which took me long enough to do anyway. Guess I'll just stick to Runes of the Arcanist from now on :( And, yes, congratulations to the very deserving winners :D
I don't like the jigsaw update. |:

I used to gather all the corners or non corners into one place to make it easier to assemble the remaining pieces (since the screen is so tiny, even in fullscreen!); was that the exploit that was spoken of? o.o

Well, I'll probably get used to it eventually... but I still don't like it. >.>

I'm exactly the same. I used to pile them up so that I could actually see what I was doing. With the new update I struggle to find the correct pieces to fit into place even on easy and there were so many pieces in the middle of the screen that when I tried to fit two halves of the puzzle outline together they kept springing apart and there wasn't enough room to move all the other pieces out of the way. :( I can understand that pieces would snap together if you were lucky enough to put them in the correct places by piling them up, but I don't think I can do any jigsaw puzzles anymore, particularly the hard ones which took me long enough to do anyway. Guess I'll just stick to Runes of the Arcanist from now on :(

And, yes, congratulations to the very deserving winners :D
I'm 8 hours ahead of Flight Rising time.
Please @ping me to get my attention.
I'm in my 3rd year of uni, so I probably won't be very active.
I'm sorry I keep posting, but I just wanted to say one thing...

It's easy to overlook how stressed these guys are, right now. Their site is growing, possibly faster than they realised it was. Things are breaking, people might lose interest whilst major features of the site are down, so these four people have to maintain the site and develop new content at the same time. For indie/small efforts like this, it can be absolute hell to actually pull something like this off. It is admirable.

This is kind of a make or break period for them, right now they're likely being paranoid with the massive influx of people about exploits, hacks, and inflation. I've watched so many online indie games (similar to this and not so similar) go through this period. They're likely fatigued, and their heads are most probably filled with so much flotsam and jetsam related to the site that it's hard to breathe, let alone think.

As such, they're landing changes quick and fast to try and deal with any issues brought up, but they're not having much time to really think about the changes they're landing. I can sympathise with that, I really can. I've been in that position before, when you just have so. many. variables. that you think you're going to go insane. They're handling being under pressure better than I would have, and have done.

So whilst this puzzle change might not be popular, it's their way of poking around and trying to feel their way around stuff. A year from now, things will be different. They might even have a Private Test version of their site, where trusted testers poke things and give them feedback before they land things officially on their site. I can see recruitment for something like that happening within the next six months.

But right now, it's all a blur.

So the jigsaw thing may change again, it may change a good number of times, and there are certain decisions that they may renege on. Right now, they're just trying to get a feel for how the community thinks and feels about things, and they're watching the data to see how their changes actually affect things. Whether this change will actually stop the perceived inflation problem (I don't think it will, and I think they'll see that).

But it's just this big... chaotic... thing right now. A new site, an indie effort, with lots of all nighters, and just needing to act without thinking. It's the site on the precipice, is it going to be a massive success, or an unmitigated disaster?

That's a heck of a lot of stress.

So whilst I won't be a yes-man and tell them everything is fine, I do want them to understand that I very, very much sympathise with their position. Keep at it, you guys. Within six or so months things will be calmer. There's nothing worse than the launch of a new project like this. You think you're prepared, but you never really are. I speak from experience with this kind of thing, it's really hard.

So you do what you feel you need to do, and make the changes you need to. Like I said, I take this as a teething period, but I genuinely do think that you're smart enough to make this work. This site is going to be a success. Quoth the weeaboo, ganbare!
I'm sorry I keep posting, but I just wanted to say one thing...

It's easy to overlook how stressed these guys are, right now. Their site is growing, possibly faster than they realised it was. Things are breaking, people might lose interest whilst major features of the site are down, so these four people have to maintain the site and develop new content at the same time. For indie/small efforts like this, it can be absolute hell to actually pull something like this off. It is admirable.

This is kind of a make or break period for them, right now they're likely being paranoid with the massive influx of people about exploits, hacks, and inflation. I've watched so many online indie games (similar to this and not so similar) go through this period. They're likely fatigued, and their heads are most probably filled with so much flotsam and jetsam related to the site that it's hard to breathe, let alone think.

As such, they're landing changes quick and fast to try and deal with any issues brought up, but they're not having much time to really think about the changes they're landing. I can sympathise with that, I really can. I've been in that position before, when you just have so. many. variables. that you think you're going to go insane. They're handling being under pressure better than I would have, and have done.

So whilst this puzzle change might not be popular, it's their way of poking around and trying to feel their way around stuff. A year from now, things will be different. They might even have a Private Test version of their site, where trusted testers poke things and give them feedback before they land things officially on their site. I can see recruitment for something like that happening within the next six months.

But right now, it's all a blur.

So the jigsaw thing may change again, it may change a good number of times, and there are certain decisions that they may renege on. Right now, they're just trying to get a feel for how the community thinks and feels about things, and they're watching the data to see how their changes actually affect things. Whether this change will actually stop the perceived inflation problem (I don't think it will, and I think they'll see that).

But it's just this big... chaotic... thing right now. A new site, an indie effort, with lots of all nighters, and just needing to act without thinking. It's the site on the precipice, is it going to be a massive success, or an unmitigated disaster?

That's a heck of a lot of stress.

So whilst I won't be a yes-man and tell them everything is fine, I do want them to understand that I very, very much sympathise with their position. Keep at it, you guys. Within six or so months things will be calmer. There's nothing worse than the launch of a new project like this. You think you're prepared, but you never really are. I speak from experience with this kind of thing, it's really hard.

So you do what you feel you need to do, and make the changes you need to. Like I said, I take this as a teething period, but I genuinely do think that you're smart enough to make this work. This site is going to be a success. Quoth the weeaboo, ganbare!
"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible." -- Arthur C. Clarke
I agree wholeheartedly with Auldwolf. I may not be a developer of any kind, but I am part of the pixel team on an avatar community and I know first hand that you can't please everyone. I also know how stressful it can be sometimes. Some have been with this site through the beta stage, but this site is still new. So although giving constructive feedback is good for development, complaining that you don't get your way is an entirely different thing. Don't worry, someday the devs will come up with a solution that will at least moderately please us all.

I'm not here for the gold-making. I'm hoping to be more social and make friends as well as raise dragons. Right now raising dragons (and real life) gets in the way of socializing on here.
I agree wholeheartedly with Auldwolf. I may not be a developer of any kind, but I am part of the pixel team on an avatar community and I know first hand that you can't please everyone. I also know how stressful it can be sometimes. Some have been with this site through the beta stage, but this site is still new. So although giving constructive feedback is good for development, complaining that you don't get your way is an entirely different thing. Don't worry, someday the devs will come up with a solution that will at least moderately please us all.

I'm not here for the gold-making. I'm hoping to be more social and make friends as well as raise dragons. Right now raising dragons (and real life) gets in the way of socializing on here.
im confused about what you said about egg clutch sizes. does this affect all breeds or only rare ones? cuz you said it has been changed, but that wildclaw weighting is different and uses the new calculations you mentioned. so is it normal still for the other dragons?

also the puzzle game is hard to connect pieces/ sort pieces now. i used to love that game and now i hate it
im confused about what you said about egg clutch sizes. does this affect all breeds or only rare ones? cuz you said it has been changed, but that wildclaw weighting is different and uses the new calculations you mentioned. so is it normal still for the other dragons?

also the puzzle game is hard to connect pieces/ sort pieces now. i used to love that game and now i hate it
my_flight_rising_forum_signature_by_theparasiticbandaid-d6ajsgz.png
Guys, I realize that running a site with difficult, but do not invalidate people's complaints because "Oh running a site is sooo hard." Yes, it's hard. But listening to your users can help. If a large chunk of users have a problem with something. A LEGITIMATE issue. (Something that's SUPPOSE to be fun isn't fun anymore. That's a legitimate issue for A GAME. Don't forget this whole site is a game.)

I've also been on other sites with people blindly defending the admins and it never ends pretty. Always ends in bitterness on both sides.
Guys, I realize that running a site with difficult, but do not invalidate people's complaints because "Oh running a site is sooo hard." Yes, it's hard. But listening to your users can help. If a large chunk of users have a problem with something. A LEGITIMATE issue. (Something that's SUPPOSE to be fun isn't fun anymore. That's a legitimate issue for A GAME. Don't forget this whole site is a game.)

I've also been on other sites with people blindly defending the admins and it never ends pretty. Always ends in bitterness on both sides.
Congrats on all the winners, those skins look great! :D It seems the puzzle is going through some problems for everyone, but I'm hopeful it'll get fixed.
Congrats on all the winners, those skins look great! :D It seems the puzzle is going through some problems for everyone, but I'm hopeful it'll get fixed.
Congrats on the winners and honorable mentions. Can't see any of the skins for some reason but I'm sure ya'll blew my entries out of the water. Now I gotta catch em all and try harder next time.
Congrats on the winners and honorable mentions. Can't see any of the skins for some reason but I'm sure ya'll blew my entries out of the water. Now I gotta catch em all and try harder next time.
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20 21