Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Village (+Anima RP)
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 100 101
The sounds around Lucifer seem to dull as he watch Nanza talk, Luc could just grab her,it wouldn't be to late yet, sure Peter would still punish him but not that much, he could grab her in the night when everyone was asleep, he has seen some Valerian that he could use as a sedatives to keep her calm while he travles back to Peter, Luc absently rubs the black collare around his neck, "...." maybe Peter would even praise him for bringing her back.

"....." Lucifer snorts and shakes his head to get rid of the thoughts, yeah peter would more like praise him while in the same time beating him black and blue, he was no use to Peter now, with his depth perception of and unstable body, he was better of staying here, if he brought Nanza back, peter would only force him to give up the safehouse location before killing him.
Lucifer glanced over at Ceng, he would only bring harm to his friend and Luc mange to snaps out of his thoughts just in time to see Min pulling back Ceng from Naza, smiling slightly he tugs the boy back towards him. "Ceng, not ask question about the lady's eyes, its rude"
His ears twist some at Pep comment about his form being a abnormality and he lowers his ears some and turns away "....once or twice" he mumbles a bit unavailingly on answer peps question, he lowers himself down on all four, tired of balancing on two legs and start to walk down the hall.

Cloud flinch slightly and pulled his wings back tightly against his back when Nanza recoiled slightly and folding into herself when one of his feathers brushed over her skin "Oh I'm sorry Nanza, I'm shedding like a madman so its feather everywhere~ " he said with a smile and backs away to give Min some space to talk with Nanza, he was feeling that Nanza was quiet jumpy today so he decide to keep a distant.

@Kamiden @CloseEnough @Draconequis
The sounds around Lucifer seem to dull as he watch Nanza talk, Luc could just grab her,it wouldn't be to late yet, sure Peter would still punish him but not that much, he could grab her in the night when everyone was asleep, he has seen some Valerian that he could use as a sedatives to keep her calm while he travles back to Peter, Luc absently rubs the black collare around his neck, "...." maybe Peter would even praise him for bringing her back.

"....." Lucifer snorts and shakes his head to get rid of the thoughts, yeah peter would more like praise him while in the same time beating him black and blue, he was no use to Peter now, with his depth perception of and unstable body, he was better of staying here, if he brought Nanza back, peter would only force him to give up the safehouse location before killing him.
Lucifer glanced over at Ceng, he would only bring harm to his friend and Luc mange to snaps out of his thoughts just in time to see Min pulling back Ceng from Naza, smiling slightly he tugs the boy back towards him. "Ceng, not ask question about the lady's eyes, its rude"
His ears twist some at Pep comment about his form being a abnormality and he lowers his ears some and turns away "....once or twice" he mumbles a bit unavailingly on answer peps question, he lowers himself down on all four, tired of balancing on two legs and start to walk down the hall.

Cloud flinch slightly and pulled his wings back tightly against his back when Nanza recoiled slightly and folding into herself when one of his feathers brushed over her skin "Oh I'm sorry Nanza, I'm shedding like a madman so its feather everywhere~ " he said with a smile and backs away to give Min some space to talk with Nanza, he was feeling that Nanza was quiet jumpy today so he decide to keep a distant.

@Kamiden @HummingKnight @Draconequis

Pep

"Lady Nanza?" He felt himself take a step at the sight at first, only to raise a brow when he watched her remove the blanket and awkwardly place it around his shoulders. It was warm, just like it always has been, his cold blood running to his scales causing a red ting to affect them. "You did not have to."

Even when in the open she decided to help him instead of herself. Quit the selfless person indeed. Tilting his right eye in their direction he gave a sigh. "Forgive my observations, but the activity your brain is giving indicates your still uneasy, perhaps the privet wings would offer peace of mind, the anima that are not apart of Aias's team are not aloud there so its relatively quiet."

Xafina

"You two sound like Steve and Aias when we're all on a job. Guess your getting home sick huh Dan?" A playful smirk on her features she leaned out of the passenger side of the wagon to get a view of everything before sitting back. The clouds were heavy, looking to be pregnant with rain while the mountain tops seemed to be frosted. The green of foliage piercing through with vibrancy of colour.

Hours passing by in comforting silence Xafina was leaning back, watching the clouds with her ears keen on the conversations going around her. Passing by a few travellers, each one going to the Riverwood village.

"Hey, Krystal, come on keep up!"
Katie calling her sibling back, the younger of the two picking some berries that she remembered weren’t poisons, gathering the treat to share with her sister.

It was only a rustle.
"Look out!"

Xafina was gone in the blink of an eye, over the wagon she climber, throwing herself over the gab between herself and the girl with all she had. An arm grabbing the girl she threw Krystal away, the girl rolling through the dirt just in time for Xafina to bring up an arm to shield herself from the grazing of an arrow, crimson leaking down her forearm.

Her heart was racing, instincts in a flare of chaos as she crouched. "Dan! Manu! We're surrounded!"
She wasted no time, grabbing the now terrified girl she put her to her feet. "Get in the wagon, hide with her sister, go!"
Watching the girl run Cindy grabbed hold if a crossbow, standing at the head of her wagon with a look that would kill. "Alright boys lets see if your worth the pick up."

Another air went passed her, dodging just enough to avoid a wound. Her hand grasping the dagger at her belt she jumped back, trying to find cover. She needed to find a long range weapon, something to use, something to slow them down.
"Jeez this is going to suck."

Utta
"Yes I was a salve, not born one though. Just that Anima that look like fantasy creatures will be bought and sold." Looking up in thought he flicked a forked tounge. "Dan..Elephant...Elephant....Oh! Yeah I remember a kid that was like that. A white wolf by the name of Glory told me a lot about him when she was in a good mood. Though that was rare, in that kind of work, any spark of positivity was as rare as a noble without a slave to its name."

"Well I could make a slot but it will make moving more difficult." Hearing Jace's comment about his current leg though caused the snake to snort. "Comparing my work to that piece of junk? No, thats like comparing Rome's weapons to a common bought garden hoe."

Ignoring the warrior woman for a moment though caused him to grow a grin. "Yes the silent Noise. The vary definition of insanity, would laugh endlessly in the labyrinth of death with bodies piling at her feet yet not a sound would escape the woman in a child's body. She was indeed a favourite down there, I could tell you the things shes done but i have a feeling you wouldn't be able to stomach it. If your going with Rome though just keep your head down and stick to her, trust me no one will look twice at you. The pits themselves are like dog fighting, with a twist sometimes, and if the beast survives the winner gets to do whatever they want to it. No ones really interested in those who watch."

Zeora

The scant of decay
the buzzing of insects
The roar of the crowd.

Sitting in the waiting area Zeora simply ignored everything that made the underground known for its names. The laughter and joking manner of friends creating a plan to split the prize, others sitting in the shadows, a killer's instincts choking the air around them.

All Zeora could do was hold her weapon, a bladed whip wrapped around her waist, two large daggers at her hips. A hand reaching up for the mask that rested on her face, it may be a strange sight to some but a masked woman in the pits gained her no attention.

The screams of the last batch of fighters ran out, the stallion in the arena roaring, feasting on the carcases in the rusty sand. Her good eye shifting to see the massive creature, he may look like a horse but the way he moved, it was like nothing shes ever seen. Body after body laying at his hooves, the sound of crunching bones sounding as loud as a gun shot in her ears, the intercom a dull voice in the back of her mind.

She began to stand, waiting for the gates to open, the last protection between the fighters and the stallion who's milky eyes looked upon them with pure hatred.

Rome

"Are you sure you want to come here Jace? I can still take you back to Utta and get Zeora." The woman was worried for him, hes never been in such a place as this and yet here he was, following her heels to one of the more brutal festivities that the world has to offer.

It was crowded, shoulder to shoulder with total strangers, Rome's shoulders squared back and her jaw set in a barrier between them. Looking approachable only to those who were beyond the line of intoxication.

She was trying to get a look in the pit, a dug out sandy arena, the stands looking down in safty yet those who were crazy were still able to look at the fight through the bars, hardly enough protection against some of the creatures that the pit has housed.

Pushing her way through though caused her heart to stop. That was no normal animal. She was hoping Zeora would be going after a lion, or a bear, something. Instead she was met with a stallion, his coat covered in wounds that seemed to be a dull pain in the back of his mind. Eyes that looked to be sightless held a blink of insanity, his skull cracked open between his eyes, a white flat surface exposed to the elements causing dried blood to run down the animal's face as he began eating the bodies of the men and women that tried to go toe to toe with what she thought looked to be one of the four horsemen.

"Zeora how in the hell did you end up here."

Pep

"Lady Nanza?" He felt himself take a step at the sight at first, only to raise a brow when he watched her remove the blanket and awkwardly place it around his shoulders. It was warm, just like it always has been, his cold blood running to his scales causing a red ting to affect them. "You did not have to."

Even when in the open she decided to help him instead of herself. Quit the selfless person indeed. Tilting his right eye in their direction he gave a sigh. "Forgive my observations, but the activity your brain is giving indicates your still uneasy, perhaps the privet wings would offer peace of mind, the anima that are not apart of Aias's team are not aloud there so its relatively quiet."

Xafina

"You two sound like Steve and Aias when we're all on a job. Guess your getting home sick huh Dan?" A playful smirk on her features she leaned out of the passenger side of the wagon to get a view of everything before sitting back. The clouds were heavy, looking to be pregnant with rain while the mountain tops seemed to be frosted. The green of foliage piercing through with vibrancy of colour.

Hours passing by in comforting silence Xafina was leaning back, watching the clouds with her ears keen on the conversations going around her. Passing by a few travellers, each one going to the Riverwood village.

"Hey, Krystal, come on keep up!"
Katie calling her sibling back, the younger of the two picking some berries that she remembered weren’t poisons, gathering the treat to share with her sister.

It was only a rustle.
"Look out!"

Xafina was gone in the blink of an eye, over the wagon she climber, throwing herself over the gab between herself and the girl with all she had. An arm grabbing the girl she threw Krystal away, the girl rolling through the dirt just in time for Xafina to bring up an arm to shield herself from the grazing of an arrow, crimson leaking down her forearm.

Her heart was racing, instincts in a flare of chaos as she crouched. "Dan! Manu! We're surrounded!"
She wasted no time, grabbing the now terrified girl she put her to her feet. "Get in the wagon, hide with her sister, go!"
Watching the girl run Cindy grabbed hold if a crossbow, standing at the head of her wagon with a look that would kill. "Alright boys lets see if your worth the pick up."

Another air went passed her, dodging just enough to avoid a wound. Her hand grasping the dagger at her belt she jumped back, trying to find cover. She needed to find a long range weapon, something to use, something to slow them down.
"Jeez this is going to suck."

Utta
"Yes I was a salve, not born one though. Just that Anima that look like fantasy creatures will be bought and sold." Looking up in thought he flicked a forked tounge. "Dan..Elephant...Elephant....Oh! Yeah I remember a kid that was like that. A white wolf by the name of Glory told me a lot about him when she was in a good mood. Though that was rare, in that kind of work, any spark of positivity was as rare as a noble without a slave to its name."

"Well I could make a slot but it will make moving more difficult." Hearing Jace's comment about his current leg though caused the snake to snort. "Comparing my work to that piece of junk? No, thats like comparing Rome's weapons to a common bought garden hoe."

Ignoring the warrior woman for a moment though caused him to grow a grin. "Yes the silent Noise. The vary definition of insanity, would laugh endlessly in the labyrinth of death with bodies piling at her feet yet not a sound would escape the woman in a child's body. She was indeed a favourite down there, I could tell you the things shes done but i have a feeling you wouldn't be able to stomach it. If your going with Rome though just keep your head down and stick to her, trust me no one will look twice at you. The pits themselves are like dog fighting, with a twist sometimes, and if the beast survives the winner gets to do whatever they want to it. No ones really interested in those who watch."

Zeora

The scant of decay
the buzzing of insects
The roar of the crowd.

Sitting in the waiting area Zeora simply ignored everything that made the underground known for its names. The laughter and joking manner of friends creating a plan to split the prize, others sitting in the shadows, a killer's instincts choking the air around them.

All Zeora could do was hold her weapon, a bladed whip wrapped around her waist, two large daggers at her hips. A hand reaching up for the mask that rested on her face, it may be a strange sight to some but a masked woman in the pits gained her no attention.

The screams of the last batch of fighters ran out, the stallion in the arena roaring, feasting on the carcases in the rusty sand. Her good eye shifting to see the massive creature, he may look like a horse but the way he moved, it was like nothing shes ever seen. Body after body laying at his hooves, the sound of crunching bones sounding as loud as a gun shot in her ears, the intercom a dull voice in the back of her mind.

She began to stand, waiting for the gates to open, the last protection between the fighters and the stallion who's milky eyes looked upon them with pure hatred.

Rome

"Are you sure you want to come here Jace? I can still take you back to Utta and get Zeora." The woman was worried for him, hes never been in such a place as this and yet here he was, following her heels to one of the more brutal festivities that the world has to offer.

It was crowded, shoulder to shoulder with total strangers, Rome's shoulders squared back and her jaw set in a barrier between them. Looking approachable only to those who were beyond the line of intoxication.

She was trying to get a look in the pit, a dug out sandy arena, the stands looking down in safty yet those who were crazy were still able to look at the fight through the bars, hardly enough protection against some of the creatures that the pit has housed.

Pushing her way through though caused her heart to stop. That was no normal animal. She was hoping Zeora would be going after a lion, or a bear, something. Instead she was met with a stallion, his coat covered in wounds that seemed to be a dull pain in the back of his mind. Eyes that looked to be sightless held a blink of insanity, his skull cracked open between his eyes, a white flat surface exposed to the elements causing dried blood to run down the animal's face as he began eating the bodies of the men and women that tried to go toe to toe with what she thought looked to be one of the four horsemen.

"Zeora how in the hell did you end up here."
KWifnu.gif
@HummingKnight @Draconequis @CloseEnough

Ceng watched Lucifer curiously as he zoned out, studying the way his friend's eyes suddenly unfocused as he looked at the sightless woman. As he was about to ask, Lucifer seemed to snap out of it and looked at him with a smile. For some reason, this troubled Ceng, but he wasn't sure... how. following Lucifer's tugging, he lightly stepped into place behind him. "Leaving?" He asked.
____

Muttering a quiet, "Putting my arm around you now," Min gave Nanza a gentle side hug, staying there for a moment before letting go. She frowned at the eoman's self-deprecating words, but didn't argue- didn't want to put more stress on her. Like she had with Lucifer, she angled her body to shield Nanza's now bare arms from the stares of bystanders. Though it was a small thing, Min had to smile at the act of kindness. Looking at Pep, she couldn't help raising her eyebrows at him seeing the red tint of his scales.

Min felt a small tremor of grief for the unnamed child Nanza spoke about, but the rest of her mind turned to Lucifer with worry. Was his anthro form the result of such experimentation, or..? He turned to walk away, and she hesitated. "Will you be alright, Lucifer?" She asked. She glanced at Cloud, wondering if he felt as worried as she did. It felt like leaving Lucifer alone in this state- or at least with Ceng, who couldn't comprehend enough to be very helpful- was asking for trouble. Surely it would be better to keep an eye on him while he was in this state.
@HummingKnight @Draconequis @CloseEnough

Ceng watched Lucifer curiously as he zoned out, studying the way his friend's eyes suddenly unfocused as he looked at the sightless woman. As he was about to ask, Lucifer seemed to snap out of it and looked at him with a smile. For some reason, this troubled Ceng, but he wasn't sure... how. following Lucifer's tugging, he lightly stepped into place behind him. "Leaving?" He asked.
____

Muttering a quiet, "Putting my arm around you now," Min gave Nanza a gentle side hug, staying there for a moment before letting go. She frowned at the eoman's self-deprecating words, but didn't argue- didn't want to put more stress on her. Like she had with Lucifer, she angled her body to shield Nanza's now bare arms from the stares of bystanders. Though it was a small thing, Min had to smile at the act of kindness. Looking at Pep, she couldn't help raising her eyebrows at him seeing the red tint of his scales.

Min felt a small tremor of grief for the unnamed child Nanza spoke about, but the rest of her mind turned to Lucifer with worry. Was his anthro form the result of such experimentation, or..? He turned to walk away, and she hesitated. "Will you be alright, Lucifer?" She asked. She glanced at Cloud, wondering if he felt as worried as she did. It felt like leaving Lucifer alone in this state- or at least with Ceng, who couldn't comprehend enough to be very helpful- was asking for trouble. Surely it would be better to keep an eye on him while he was in this state.
@Kamiden @CloseEnough @HummingKnight

Nanza

Hearing the slow retreat of Lucifer, Nanza shuddered involuntarily. He seemed sad.. she didn't know how she could tell.. but something deep inside of her was telling her he needed some direction. She wished she could help him.. but.. she could scarcely help herself.

Nanza sighed and reached blindly towards Cloud, fumbling until she had her hand on his shoulder. "No... it was.. i like feathers.. i just.. sometimes.. they remind me of things that hurt." she smiled painfully.

Then she let go of Cloud and turned back to Pep, her sightless eyes staring through him. "You are my friend. You were uncomfortable.. so i eased your discomfort.. because it is what friends do." Nanza placed a hand on the soft blanket. Really, she was alright.. a little spooked, but she could survive in this place.. Pep on the other hand.. probably was struggling. So.. she just nodded. "Sure. Will you come with? or are you going to go back to the library for the day?" She couldn't blame him for retreating to his sanctuary.. it smelled nice in the library.. and it was a place where one could escape from the horrors of the world.

Min hugging her for a moment, she smiled at the girl, patting her arm as she pulled away and called after Lucifer. "You know.. they took the genes for that project from me. After seeing how.. i could not transform further, or hide my arms.. they wondered if they could use my genes to create more like me.. they created.. what he called the Anthro form. Never did get it quite right i guess..." She felt an immense surge of guilt. Was Lucifer from one of Conroy's many experiments? the children he'd 'adopted' from orphanages just to experiment on them.

Dan

Dan smiled at Xafina. "Eh, no.. just missing teaming up with this guy. I mean.. last time i saw him, i didn't even know how to lift a sword."

Manu smirked. "We will have to go play together."

it was silent for a long while.. they were at peace.. and then... Xafina over the wagon, the scent of her blood causing Dan a jolt of panic.. Noting that the wound was on her arm, and not in a fatal spot, Dan took a glance to Manu.

The older man was already ready, a battle axe in his arm as his lower half transformed into that of his anima. He dove behind a rock as a second stream of arrows narrowly missed his spindly legs. "Right.. Dan, lets see how much you've improved.. i need some cover."

Dan's skin greyed as he quadroupled in size, his muscles rippling as he turned fully into his anima.. a seamless transformation. And before the men stood a massive bull elephant, ivory tusks glinting dangerously in the sun. Dan lifted his trunk and trumpeted, charging towards the men as fast as his legs would carry him.

Manu transformed fully, allowing disheveled grey feathers to cover his entire body. The way he ran was immensely comical, zig-zagging and leaping with his legs up to his chest. He leaped over and around a stray arrow, his neck leading the way. if they hadn't been in trouble, his movements would have been hilarious. As Dan distracted the men, hurling several large rocks in their direction, Manu snuck up behind, kicking them with his talons and pecking them with his beak.

it was.. strange to see the two of them work so well together, they had not ever fought together.. but.. two seasoned warriors.. could apparently just.. flow. Maybe it was because they had known each other before this. Either way, their combined movements were something to be feared.

Except.. so were these men.. strangely enough. After Manu and Dan had taken out a few of them, they started to transform. Anima.. the entire lot of them.. only there was something not quite right about their anima. They were bizzare mutations.. a massive black bear with a white stripe down his back leading to a long tail (as if he was a skunk as well), a strange creature which looked like a goat and a wolf had been spliced together. And the last, and perhaps most terrifying was what looked to be a swan who had rows of sharp teeth instead of a beak and three eyes set on its face, as well as scales down its neck.

These mutated creatures thrust into battle with Dan and Manu, the goat-wolf leaping over Dan as he swung his trunk violently into the bear. He despirately tried to keep the goat-wolf from passing, but the creature was too fast, and dodged his trunk.

The goat-wolf moved past Dan, and dodged Manu's flailing talons as the swan bit down on one of Manu's legs.

Dan roared, crushing the bear-skunk's head with his leg before whipping around and grasping the goat-wolf, a single thought in his mind. 'protect.' and the creature's blood spattered along his face. For a moment.. Muata had returned. Trunks stained with blood, eyes that knew the pits of hell.... he transformed back into a human quickly, shrinking down and wiping the blood from his face.. but.. he just couldn't seem to get it off his hands. He was shaking.. shaking and a bit broken.

Manu struck a killing blow on the strange black swan beast, and just before it dieditspoke. "Long live the broken."

____

Jace

Jace tilted his head. "Glory.. i think that was his mother."

then he snorted. "id rather have the leg be functional than anything else.. no extra functions needed.. just.. one that lets me dance again.. and do my balancing acts.. if possible."

Biting his lip, he tilted his head. "Sounds.. honestly.. terrible.. i didn't know that was Zeora.." he sighed. "Well, i will do just that.. thanks medusaman." he saluted comically.

____

Down down down, into the pits, it smelled of death and blood. It was loud here.. so loud.. why was Zeora here? what had she come for?

"I'm sure. I will be able to handle this."
jace was slightly.. well nervous.. but you know.. what could you do.. he wanted to go.. even if he didn't want to be near anyone here.. they all smelled of a cocktail of drugs. Drugs he himself had taken at some time or another... but only to try them a bit at the circus. This was.. drugs to make them so numb they were scarcely human anymore.. He flinched as he saw a blank-eyed stranger chewing on glitter.. they clearly didn't need it anymore.. but they couldn't stop.. he recognized that look.

He realized he was falling behind Rome, and snuck past a few men to get to her, using his thin frame to slip through the tiny cracks in the crowd. His breath caught in his throat as he saw the creature.. it smelled familiar. "We saw that thing before." He murmured instantly. "What is she doing?"

Nanza

Hearing the slow retreat of Lucifer, Nanza shuddered involuntarily. He seemed sad.. she didn't know how she could tell.. but something deep inside of her was telling her he needed some direction. She wished she could help him.. but.. she could scarcely help herself.

Nanza sighed and reached blindly towards Cloud, fumbling until she had her hand on his shoulder. "No... it was.. i like feathers.. i just.. sometimes.. they remind me of things that hurt." she smiled painfully.

Then she let go of Cloud and turned back to Pep, her sightless eyes staring through him. "You are my friend. You were uncomfortable.. so i eased your discomfort.. because it is what friends do." Nanza placed a hand on the soft blanket. Really, she was alright.. a little spooked, but she could survive in this place.. Pep on the other hand.. probably was struggling. So.. she just nodded. "Sure. Will you come with? or are you going to go back to the library for the day?" She couldn't blame him for retreating to his sanctuary.. it smelled nice in the library.. and it was a place where one could escape from the horrors of the world.

Min hugging her for a moment, she smiled at the girl, patting her arm as she pulled away and called after Lucifer. "You know.. they took the genes for that project from me. After seeing how.. i could not transform further, or hide my arms.. they wondered if they could use my genes to create more like me.. they created.. what he called the Anthro form. Never did get it quite right i guess..." She felt an immense surge of guilt. Was Lucifer from one of Conroy's many experiments? the children he'd 'adopted' from orphanages just to experiment on them.

Dan

Dan smiled at Xafina. "Eh, no.. just missing teaming up with this guy. I mean.. last time i saw him, i didn't even know how to lift a sword."

Manu smirked. "We will have to go play together."

it was silent for a long while.. they were at peace.. and then... Xafina over the wagon, the scent of her blood causing Dan a jolt of panic.. Noting that the wound was on her arm, and not in a fatal spot, Dan took a glance to Manu.

The older man was already ready, a battle axe in his arm as his lower half transformed into that of his anima. He dove behind a rock as a second stream of arrows narrowly missed his spindly legs. "Right.. Dan, lets see how much you've improved.. i need some cover."

Dan's skin greyed as he quadroupled in size, his muscles rippling as he turned fully into his anima.. a seamless transformation. And before the men stood a massive bull elephant, ivory tusks glinting dangerously in the sun. Dan lifted his trunk and trumpeted, charging towards the men as fast as his legs would carry him.

Manu transformed fully, allowing disheveled grey feathers to cover his entire body. The way he ran was immensely comical, zig-zagging and leaping with his legs up to his chest. He leaped over and around a stray arrow, his neck leading the way. if they hadn't been in trouble, his movements would have been hilarious. As Dan distracted the men, hurling several large rocks in their direction, Manu snuck up behind, kicking them with his talons and pecking them with his beak.

it was.. strange to see the two of them work so well together, they had not ever fought together.. but.. two seasoned warriors.. could apparently just.. flow. Maybe it was because they had known each other before this. Either way, their combined movements were something to be feared.

Except.. so were these men.. strangely enough. After Manu and Dan had taken out a few of them, they started to transform. Anima.. the entire lot of them.. only there was something not quite right about their anima. They were bizzare mutations.. a massive black bear with a white stripe down his back leading to a long tail (as if he was a skunk as well), a strange creature which looked like a goat and a wolf had been spliced together. And the last, and perhaps most terrifying was what looked to be a swan who had rows of sharp teeth instead of a beak and three eyes set on its face, as well as scales down its neck.

These mutated creatures thrust into battle with Dan and Manu, the goat-wolf leaping over Dan as he swung his trunk violently into the bear. He despirately tried to keep the goat-wolf from passing, but the creature was too fast, and dodged his trunk.

The goat-wolf moved past Dan, and dodged Manu's flailing talons as the swan bit down on one of Manu's legs.

Dan roared, crushing the bear-skunk's head with his leg before whipping around and grasping the goat-wolf, a single thought in his mind. 'protect.' and the creature's blood spattered along his face. For a moment.. Muata had returned. Trunks stained with blood, eyes that knew the pits of hell.... he transformed back into a human quickly, shrinking down and wiping the blood from his face.. but.. he just couldn't seem to get it off his hands. He was shaking.. shaking and a bit broken.

Manu struck a killing blow on the strange black swan beast, and just before it dieditspoke. "Long live the broken."

____

Jace

Jace tilted his head. "Glory.. i think that was his mother."

then he snorted. "id rather have the leg be functional than anything else.. no extra functions needed.. just.. one that lets me dance again.. and do my balancing acts.. if possible."

Biting his lip, he tilted his head. "Sounds.. honestly.. terrible.. i didn't know that was Zeora.." he sighed. "Well, i will do just that.. thanks medusaman." he saluted comically.

____

Down down down, into the pits, it smelled of death and blood. It was loud here.. so loud.. why was Zeora here? what had she come for?

"I'm sure. I will be able to handle this."
jace was slightly.. well nervous.. but you know.. what could you do.. he wanted to go.. even if he didn't want to be near anyone here.. they all smelled of a cocktail of drugs. Drugs he himself had taken at some time or another... but only to try them a bit at the circus. This was.. drugs to make them so numb they were scarcely human anymore.. He flinched as he saw a blank-eyed stranger chewing on glitter.. they clearly didn't need it anymore.. but they couldn't stop.. he recognized that look.

He realized he was falling behind Rome, and snuck past a few men to get to her, using his thin frame to slip through the tiny cracks in the crowd. His breath caught in his throat as he saw the creature.. it smelled familiar. "We saw that thing before." He murmured instantly. "What is she doing?"
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
@Kamiden @HummingKnight @Draconequis (I promise I will find a way to stop writing a novel every post)

pep

Listening to the conversations Pep began to think. It seems he had miscalculated, Nanza seemed to have had more friends, close friends. He shouldn't have to worry about her so much after all. She had more allys than he did thats for sure.

Looking up at the thought of going back to the library he began to try and say he thought it would be okay to come with them. Yet the moment he tried he found the words to be sealed inside, anxiety taking hold and barring him away as the lull approach of the library beckoned him to it's call.
"I..I',..forgive me Lady Nanza, but I honestly been outside of my terms of comfort far longer than I'm used to, the first time I went outside ended in the temporary loss of my tail after all...I must decline."

Xafina

Arrow's whizzing through the air, the roar of an elephant, it was the familiar sense of battle, picking out a smoke bomb she pulled up her shirt, two slits in the side allowing her ears to poke through to keep the fabric in place. "Cindy, cover me!"

The woman puled her crossbow in place, the weapon as large as her torso. "aright hun, lets see what these guys are made of." A nod of the head she waited, the first of them showing up like beasts of nightmares, puzzles with pieces that would never fit crawling out of the woods.

Thats when she threw the smoke bomb.

Gas exploding through the air, causing screams and coughing fits as they began to swing wildly, trying to find her as she dodged swiftly, Aias's words ringing in her head. A thief is never strong, they never have to fight.
Bending backwards she felt the force of a blade swing over her into the body of his comrade, her back hitting the ground she rolled away only to be met with a bird like creature, scales driven in his feathers as he swung an axe her way, moves steady she backed up only to spiral out of the way, a blow made for her given to an unsuspecting ally.
"I'm sorry"

As the arrows flew through their bodies she kept thinking the words, not a single blow was given by her hand and yet she still felt terrible that she helped cause such pain, creatures trying to maintain their human form witheringly in dirt. She even thought about helping one only for Cindy to finish them off.
"I'm sorry"
No matter how much she told herself that pepole like them would so far worse if she didn't fight back, she still felt terrible at the thought that she injured someone.

Looking down though was an even more brutal of a scene. Dan crushing those in his path, ending them swiftly with Manu at his side like a unforgiving ballet. Anima of twisted forms ending before she even could figure out what exactly they were.

"Dan!"
Running over the other side of the wagon she was met with her companion shifting back to his human form. The crumpled heap of a anima at his feet, eyes going wide at the realization of what they were fighting coming to mind.
Chimera.
"Dan, Dan come on, hey its okay."
Carefully she took his hands that kept shaking, leading him slightly away to break his gaze from the corpse. "You guys aright? Have to admit you move like you been apart for only a day." Pulling out a cloth she began whipping the blood from his hands, her mind drifting to cope with the sight of corpses allowing her to stay calm, trying to offer a smile as everyone began to get their bearings again.

"Anyone hurt at all?"

Shaking her head she looked over her shoulder to Cindy, "I don't think so, how bout you Manu?"
She hadn't even noticed her feathers came out of her brow from the shock of fighting again. Not many would ever even call it combat but that didn't take away from the adrenalin that pumped in her veins. "I think we should start moving, who knows how many others are in the area, and if word spreads that theres a wagon with anima protecting it than we might be attacked again, faster we get to the village the better."

Rome

"Wait, you two ran into that thing? When?" Looking over her shoulder at the boy behind her she began shifting through the memories, the roar of the beast inside causing her teeth to chatter. "Well than your lucky to be alive, that thing is worse than a chimera, what is that? A horse crossed with a tiger?"

She didn't have much time to think. Already the gates were opening, the roars of the crowed taking the air, even more so than the suffocation of drugs and drink, the idea of a good show too much to hold in.

It was a rush, fighters running into the sand, weapons drawn as the beast rose it's head, opening its jaws that would put a dragon of lore to shame as it began to give it's soul shattering cry.
Fighter by fighter they began to work together, trying to subdue the beast, chains ringing in the air that were carelessly tossed on, trained warriors for once looking to be able to put him down with a blade glistening in the air, ready to plunge in the now dyed coat.

"Looks like the hunters bergaid is able to take it down, how bout it folks!"

The intercom's voice rang with excitement, Rome watching with unblinking eyes, waiting for the beast to be killed and for her to go on her own hunt for Zeora. Yet she did not even have time to blink when she saw the one who held the blade, bleeding on the sandy floor.

"What on earth is this?! Has a hunter gone rouge!?"

A blond streak of fury, a bladed whip dancing like the wind itself took form. A mask barring her face from the others, blood streaking through the air causing an uproar of cheers in the stands. They never cared of who won, all that mattered was how brutal the other lost.
And that is exactly what Zeora was doing.

One by one she ignored the stallion, cutting down the other fighters like some kind of creature of legend. She was quick, moving between them in a dance as they turned on her, the whip slicing cleanly through as though their bodies were parchment. Crimson dying her arms, bare feet turning slick in the gore.
One thought it was wise to try and get through the range of the whip, almost as if waiting for such a thing to happen she grabbed a dagger from her belt faster than Rome could blink it was already plunged into his throat, pulling it out with ease as she carried on her slaughter.

"Zeora run!"
Watching in horror Rome saw what was happening before her eyes. The others realizing what was happening rushed the young woman, two grabbing her by the hair, another at the back as one by one the began to pin the now thrashing girl. In the chaos the her mask flew off, the painted elegance of the circus no longer protecting her scar.

Looking behind her Rome found herself holding onto Jace's shoulder. "I want you to run the moment someone looks at you for more than a moment, understand." She was already looking for a way in, frantically trying to see if she could get through the guards.
There was no way she was going to let her little girl get killed here.

Zeora

Air being knocked from her lungs Zeora found herself on the ground, the force causing her mask to be sent flying, her vision widened, her breathing unhindered.
Yet she began to shake.

The hellish place she was in was becoming more real without it. The screams of the crowd, the smell of decay, her face being shoved in the sand under the weight of the other fighters. It was becoming all to real.
A blue eye looked up, she could hear the blade from another, snarky remarks, comments that would make her snap in disgust alone.
Yet they were not what she was interested in. The black mass of scales, bone and muscle still laid in the sand with her, those same milky eyes looking about, trying to break free.

And once again they locked to hers.

She still had no idea what caused that feeling. The pain, the absolute agony caused from the life it was given. That same thought crossed through his eyes that would go through hers over and over again.
Why?
Just, why? For everything that happened to her, she always asked why, she no longer blamed those that threw her in the colisum, nor those who murdered her family, she couldn't, but she still asked why, why she was still left breathing and not them, why rome helped her an not someone else.
why she was still alive.

Somehow that animal survived hell itself, and is able to ask itself why.

Trying to raise her head she felt a hand press her back down, gritting her teeth she narrowed her eye, the scars of life burned into her face as she mouthed her words, taking a gamble on her own life.
"Help me"

It was like an explosion.

Roars created screams as the chains that once bound the beast broke as though made from thread. His hooves thundering, threatening to break the ground he moved across, his teeth meeting those who held Zeora down as they scrambled from her, trying to save themselves by slamming against the gate, some bringing their weapons only to be shattered.
It was chaos, yet even through the screams of the fighters, the roar of the crowd and the scant of blood, Zeora calmly stood up, keeping a hand over her face till she was able to clean the mask and put it back on her face.

Turning around caused her to meet face to face with those same eyes that she asked for help from. His sides heaving, wounds inflected so cruelly that his own skull ate throw his skin in portions of his face, the more she looked at him she saw him as the stead from the grim reaper himself.
Yet even than all she did was hold up a hand, waiting for him to accept her over the hell they fond themselves in.
A smile appeared on her face when she felt his face in her hand. The feeling made even the groans and screams of angry from the crowd sound like a dull buzz in the back of her head. Instead she put a rope around the stallion, knowing full well it was not nearly enough to hold him as she walk through the gates that were opening in victory.

Only to be met with a frantic Romania.

@Kamiden @HummingKnight @Draconequis (I promise I will find a way to stop writing a novel every post)

pep

Listening to the conversations Pep began to think. It seems he had miscalculated, Nanza seemed to have had more friends, close friends. He shouldn't have to worry about her so much after all. She had more allys than he did thats for sure.

Looking up at the thought of going back to the library he began to try and say he thought it would be okay to come with them. Yet the moment he tried he found the words to be sealed inside, anxiety taking hold and barring him away as the lull approach of the library beckoned him to it's call.
"I..I',..forgive me Lady Nanza, but I honestly been outside of my terms of comfort far longer than I'm used to, the first time I went outside ended in the temporary loss of my tail after all...I must decline."

Xafina

Arrow's whizzing through the air, the roar of an elephant, it was the familiar sense of battle, picking out a smoke bomb she pulled up her shirt, two slits in the side allowing her ears to poke through to keep the fabric in place. "Cindy, cover me!"

The woman puled her crossbow in place, the weapon as large as her torso. "aright hun, lets see what these guys are made of." A nod of the head she waited, the first of them showing up like beasts of nightmares, puzzles with pieces that would never fit crawling out of the woods.

Thats when she threw the smoke bomb.

Gas exploding through the air, causing screams and coughing fits as they began to swing wildly, trying to find her as she dodged swiftly, Aias's words ringing in her head. A thief is never strong, they never have to fight.
Bending backwards she felt the force of a blade swing over her into the body of his comrade, her back hitting the ground she rolled away only to be met with a bird like creature, scales driven in his feathers as he swung an axe her way, moves steady she backed up only to spiral out of the way, a blow made for her given to an unsuspecting ally.
"I'm sorry"

As the arrows flew through their bodies she kept thinking the words, not a single blow was given by her hand and yet she still felt terrible that she helped cause such pain, creatures trying to maintain their human form witheringly in dirt. She even thought about helping one only for Cindy to finish them off.
"I'm sorry"
No matter how much she told herself that pepole like them would so far worse if she didn't fight back, she still felt terrible at the thought that she injured someone.

Looking down though was an even more brutal of a scene. Dan crushing those in his path, ending them swiftly with Manu at his side like a unforgiving ballet. Anima of twisted forms ending before she even could figure out what exactly they were.

"Dan!"
Running over the other side of the wagon she was met with her companion shifting back to his human form. The crumpled heap of a anima at his feet, eyes going wide at the realization of what they were fighting coming to mind.
Chimera.
"Dan, Dan come on, hey its okay."
Carefully she took his hands that kept shaking, leading him slightly away to break his gaze from the corpse. "You guys aright? Have to admit you move like you been apart for only a day." Pulling out a cloth she began whipping the blood from his hands, her mind drifting to cope with the sight of corpses allowing her to stay calm, trying to offer a smile as everyone began to get their bearings again.

"Anyone hurt at all?"

Shaking her head she looked over her shoulder to Cindy, "I don't think so, how bout you Manu?"
She hadn't even noticed her feathers came out of her brow from the shock of fighting again. Not many would ever even call it combat but that didn't take away from the adrenalin that pumped in her veins. "I think we should start moving, who knows how many others are in the area, and if word spreads that theres a wagon with anima protecting it than we might be attacked again, faster we get to the village the better."

Rome

"Wait, you two ran into that thing? When?" Looking over her shoulder at the boy behind her she began shifting through the memories, the roar of the beast inside causing her teeth to chatter. "Well than your lucky to be alive, that thing is worse than a chimera, what is that? A horse crossed with a tiger?"

She didn't have much time to think. Already the gates were opening, the roars of the crowed taking the air, even more so than the suffocation of drugs and drink, the idea of a good show too much to hold in.

It was a rush, fighters running into the sand, weapons drawn as the beast rose it's head, opening its jaws that would put a dragon of lore to shame as it began to give it's soul shattering cry.
Fighter by fighter they began to work together, trying to subdue the beast, chains ringing in the air that were carelessly tossed on, trained warriors for once looking to be able to put him down with a blade glistening in the air, ready to plunge in the now dyed coat.

"Looks like the hunters bergaid is able to take it down, how bout it folks!"

The intercom's voice rang with excitement, Rome watching with unblinking eyes, waiting for the beast to be killed and for her to go on her own hunt for Zeora. Yet she did not even have time to blink when she saw the one who held the blade, bleeding on the sandy floor.

"What on earth is this?! Has a hunter gone rouge!?"

A blond streak of fury, a bladed whip dancing like the wind itself took form. A mask barring her face from the others, blood streaking through the air causing an uproar of cheers in the stands. They never cared of who won, all that mattered was how brutal the other lost.
And that is exactly what Zeora was doing.

One by one she ignored the stallion, cutting down the other fighters like some kind of creature of legend. She was quick, moving between them in a dance as they turned on her, the whip slicing cleanly through as though their bodies were parchment. Crimson dying her arms, bare feet turning slick in the gore.
One thought it was wise to try and get through the range of the whip, almost as if waiting for such a thing to happen she grabbed a dagger from her belt faster than Rome could blink it was already plunged into his throat, pulling it out with ease as she carried on her slaughter.

"Zeora run!"
Watching in horror Rome saw what was happening before her eyes. The others realizing what was happening rushed the young woman, two grabbing her by the hair, another at the back as one by one the began to pin the now thrashing girl. In the chaos the her mask flew off, the painted elegance of the circus no longer protecting her scar.

Looking behind her Rome found herself holding onto Jace's shoulder. "I want you to run the moment someone looks at you for more than a moment, understand." She was already looking for a way in, frantically trying to see if she could get through the guards.
There was no way she was going to let her little girl get killed here.

Zeora

Air being knocked from her lungs Zeora found herself on the ground, the force causing her mask to be sent flying, her vision widened, her breathing unhindered.
Yet she began to shake.

The hellish place she was in was becoming more real without it. The screams of the crowd, the smell of decay, her face being shoved in the sand under the weight of the other fighters. It was becoming all to real.
A blue eye looked up, she could hear the blade from another, snarky remarks, comments that would make her snap in disgust alone.
Yet they were not what she was interested in. The black mass of scales, bone and muscle still laid in the sand with her, those same milky eyes looking about, trying to break free.

And once again they locked to hers.

She still had no idea what caused that feeling. The pain, the absolute agony caused from the life it was given. That same thought crossed through his eyes that would go through hers over and over again.
Why?
Just, why? For everything that happened to her, she always asked why, she no longer blamed those that threw her in the colisum, nor those who murdered her family, she couldn't, but she still asked why, why she was still left breathing and not them, why rome helped her an not someone else.
why she was still alive.

Somehow that animal survived hell itself, and is able to ask itself why.

Trying to raise her head she felt a hand press her back down, gritting her teeth she narrowed her eye, the scars of life burned into her face as she mouthed her words, taking a gamble on her own life.
"Help me"

It was like an explosion.

Roars created screams as the chains that once bound the beast broke as though made from thread. His hooves thundering, threatening to break the ground he moved across, his teeth meeting those who held Zeora down as they scrambled from her, trying to save themselves by slamming against the gate, some bringing their weapons only to be shattered.
It was chaos, yet even through the screams of the fighters, the roar of the crowd and the scant of blood, Zeora calmly stood up, keeping a hand over her face till she was able to clean the mask and put it back on her face.

Turning around caused her to meet face to face with those same eyes that she asked for help from. His sides heaving, wounds inflected so cruelly that his own skull ate throw his skin in portions of his face, the more she looked at him she saw him as the stead from the grim reaper himself.
Yet even than all she did was hold up a hand, waiting for him to accept her over the hell they fond themselves in.
A smile appeared on her face when she felt his face in her hand. The feeling made even the groans and screams of angry from the crowd sound like a dull buzz in the back of her head. Instead she put a rope around the stallion, knowing full well it was not nearly enough to hold him as she walk through the gates that were opening in victory.

Only to be met with a frantic Romania.

KWifnu.gif
@Kamiden @Draconequis @CloseEnough

Lucifer

"Yes.. Leaving " Lucifer said grimly, only slowing down his step so the Ceng would be able to keep up. He felt sick, the others probably didn't meant but the air reeked of grief,guilt and pit. He straighten up some, determined to not show any weakens but when Nanza called after him he halt some and frowns, tests..other kids, laboratory, experiment.. he goes through his memories after something like Nanza said but after Lucifer was found out and master couldn't hide him anymore, his memories gets a bit fuzzy and bunched together but he remember laughter, a familiar face, then nothing,

"...I wouldn't know" Luc said and looks over his shoulder at them, a faint smile on his lips " I was a toy to play with ~ I was given bunch of injections every time Peter felt like it.." He said with a shrug and kept walking, he had memories of once when Peter made him swallow some *****, it had felt like his body had rip appart and his +anima had cramped up, forcing him in and out of transformation day after day, he had been sick for weeks, unable to move out from his bed, Peter had cheeked on him twice but after looking disappointed he had left and after Lucifer had been stop feeling sick, he got punish.
Lucifer snorts faintly, it's wasn't like anybody cared was happened to him
" some made me sick, some didn't...But yeah~I will be fine "

Cloud

Cloud smiles in relief when she placed on his shoulder, he had walks a bit closer when he realize Nanza had moved towards him and also moved the trays full of food out of the way so she wouldn't accidentally bump into them " it's okey Nanza, I understand how you feel, just..tell me when its a bad time for feathers" he said with a faint smile, his wings rustles in agreement.
Taking a step back, Cloud watch Min hug the female before shielding her from onlookers when Nanza toke of her blanket and placed it over the shy reptile boy. "cute" he smiled faintly

Cloud froze and shakes his head when Min glanced towards him, he don't know what to say, he was still pretty shocked over the fact of hearing that they took the genes from Nanza and inject into small children, he felt a bit sick of the thought. "U-Um..what about the food?" he mental kick himself but that's all he could come up with on the spot.
@Kamiden @Draconequis @CloseEnough

Lucifer

"Yes.. Leaving " Lucifer said grimly, only slowing down his step so the Ceng would be able to keep up. He felt sick, the others probably didn't meant but the air reeked of grief,guilt and pit. He straighten up some, determined to not show any weakens but when Nanza called after him he halt some and frowns, tests..other kids, laboratory, experiment.. he goes through his memories after something like Nanza said but after Lucifer was found out and master couldn't hide him anymore, his memories gets a bit fuzzy and bunched together but he remember laughter, a familiar face, then nothing,

"...I wouldn't know" Luc said and looks over his shoulder at them, a faint smile on his lips " I was a toy to play with ~ I was given bunch of injections every time Peter felt like it.." He said with a shrug and kept walking, he had memories of once when Peter made him swallow some *****, it had felt like his body had rip appart and his +anima had cramped up, forcing him in and out of transformation day after day, he had been sick for weeks, unable to move out from his bed, Peter had cheeked on him twice but after looking disappointed he had left and after Lucifer had been stop feeling sick, he got punish.
Lucifer snorts faintly, it's wasn't like anybody cared was happened to him
" some made me sick, some didn't...But yeah~I will be fine "

Cloud

Cloud smiles in relief when she placed on his shoulder, he had walks a bit closer when he realize Nanza had moved towards him and also moved the trays full of food out of the way so she wouldn't accidentally bump into them " it's okey Nanza, I understand how you feel, just..tell me when its a bad time for feathers" he said with a faint smile, his wings rustles in agreement.
Taking a step back, Cloud watch Min hug the female before shielding her from onlookers when Nanza toke of her blanket and placed it over the shy reptile boy. "cute" he smiled faintly

Cloud froze and shakes his head when Min glanced towards him, he don't know what to say, he was still pretty shocked over the fact of hearing that they took the genes from Nanza and inject into small children, he felt a bit sick of the thought. "U-Um..what about the food?" he mental kick himself but that's all he could come up with on the spot.

Nanza

Nanza dipped her head respectfully in Pep's direction. "If you ever want to come.. we will be there." She stated. "Thank you for helping me." she felt for him and embraced him. "Find me a good book to feel." she murmured before pulling away and turning towards the others.

After hearing Lucifer, her eyes softened. She blindly reached for him, placing a hand on his shoulder. The scars on her arms glistening, memories of her time with Conroy. "You aren't fine." She stated, her eyes seeming to bore holes through his soul. "I knew Peter.. i know what he does to his 'dogs.' No one can go through something like that and be 'fine.' No Anima are ever without their scars. If you ever need to talk, i'll be here. I'm not useful for much other than talking nowadays."

She released Lucifer's shoulder and turned blindly back towards Cloud. "Food sounds delicious. I could use something." She gestured vaguely in Lucifer's general direction. "If you want to come with us.. you can. We all will welcome the company."

----

Dan

Dan was stuck in his memories for a moment, the screams of the dying men echoing in his ears, the scent of blood and smoke.. and for a moment he was in the pits again. And the world was spinning around him. Everything was red. And then.. Xafina.. standing clean and pure in the red-stained world, gently washing the red from his world. And he folded into her, resting his head against her stomach and taking in her scent.

"We never actually fought together before." Manu stated, viewing Dan with a sorrow expression on his face. "I taught him to survive..to transform into his anima... never to fight. He learned to fight all on his own. We are both warriors.. and when two warriors fight together, we can make adjustments." Manu shook his body, looking down at his arm. "Just a little bite mark.. but i will be fine." he wrapped it up quickly in a bandage he pulled from his satchel. Then he turned to Dan for a moment. "You alright?" Manu may not have been in the coliseum when Dan had become Muata.. but he had watched from the outside... watched as the poor boy had been forced to become a death machine.. as the coliseum turned him into a monster. And a flash of that had returned today.. while he was trying to protect his friends. If Dan had lost the battle in his mind for a moment.. they would have all been seriously hurt.. maybe even dead. And the one who was even more painfully aware of this was Dan.

After a heartwrenching stretch of silence, Dan responded. "Yeah." He breathed. "Just.. give me a moment.." He took another deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment.. and the shaking stopped. After this, Dan stood as if nothing had happened, he embraced Xafina. "Thanks." and then turned away without another word, ready to lead ahead. There was something strange about his hug.. it wasn't as warm as usual.. it felt strangely distant.

_____

Jace

Jace just shrugged as Rome asked him questions, realizing it was too late to say just kidding, he didn't want to reveal more than he already had. Luckily before he was forced to respond, Zeora. He sat at the edge of his seat, watching the fighters leap across the sand, trying to kill the beast.

The monster.. the creature roared like a wild beast, and the animal inside of Jace screamed in fear, pressuring Jace to run for his life. But Jace ignored his instincts. Where was Zeora, where was she??

And then Zeora.. started slaying the other men. Not even blinking or thinking.. as if killing came second nature to her. And again, Jace was reminded of just how dangerous she was...

And then her mask flew off, revealing the scar he had seen before.. the one she was so scared of showing anyone. He stared, transfixed at the devilish beauty slaying the enemies before her.

And then Rome said something to him about running. Jace just blinked, and followed after her. He wasn't much of a fighter.. but he was probably even worse at running. his leg made sure of that. So.. there was really no option to run.

And then.. Jace froze as.. Zeora put a rope around the beastly creature and tried to lead it out of the arena. WHAT THE HELL?

"What the hell are you doing?" words leaped to Jace's mouth faster than he could stop them.

Nanza

Nanza dipped her head respectfully in Pep's direction. "If you ever want to come.. we will be there." She stated. "Thank you for helping me." she felt for him and embraced him. "Find me a good book to feel." she murmured before pulling away and turning towards the others.

After hearing Lucifer, her eyes softened. She blindly reached for him, placing a hand on his shoulder. The scars on her arms glistening, memories of her time with Conroy. "You aren't fine." She stated, her eyes seeming to bore holes through his soul. "I knew Peter.. i know what he does to his 'dogs.' No one can go through something like that and be 'fine.' No Anima are ever without their scars. If you ever need to talk, i'll be here. I'm not useful for much other than talking nowadays."

She released Lucifer's shoulder and turned blindly back towards Cloud. "Food sounds delicious. I could use something." She gestured vaguely in Lucifer's general direction. "If you want to come with us.. you can. We all will welcome the company."

----

Dan

Dan was stuck in his memories for a moment, the screams of the dying men echoing in his ears, the scent of blood and smoke.. and for a moment he was in the pits again. And the world was spinning around him. Everything was red. And then.. Xafina.. standing clean and pure in the red-stained world, gently washing the red from his world. And he folded into her, resting his head against her stomach and taking in her scent.

"We never actually fought together before." Manu stated, viewing Dan with a sorrow expression on his face. "I taught him to survive..to transform into his anima... never to fight. He learned to fight all on his own. We are both warriors.. and when two warriors fight together, we can make adjustments." Manu shook his body, looking down at his arm. "Just a little bite mark.. but i will be fine." he wrapped it up quickly in a bandage he pulled from his satchel. Then he turned to Dan for a moment. "You alright?" Manu may not have been in the coliseum when Dan had become Muata.. but he had watched from the outside... watched as the poor boy had been forced to become a death machine.. as the coliseum turned him into a monster. And a flash of that had returned today.. while he was trying to protect his friends. If Dan had lost the battle in his mind for a moment.. they would have all been seriously hurt.. maybe even dead. And the one who was even more painfully aware of this was Dan.

After a heartwrenching stretch of silence, Dan responded. "Yeah." He breathed. "Just.. give me a moment.." He took another deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment.. and the shaking stopped. After this, Dan stood as if nothing had happened, he embraced Xafina. "Thanks." and then turned away without another word, ready to lead ahead. There was something strange about his hug.. it wasn't as warm as usual.. it felt strangely distant.

_____

Jace

Jace just shrugged as Rome asked him questions, realizing it was too late to say just kidding, he didn't want to reveal more than he already had. Luckily before he was forced to respond, Zeora. He sat at the edge of his seat, watching the fighters leap across the sand, trying to kill the beast.

The monster.. the creature roared like a wild beast, and the animal inside of Jace screamed in fear, pressuring Jace to run for his life. But Jace ignored his instincts. Where was Zeora, where was she??

And then Zeora.. started slaying the other men. Not even blinking or thinking.. as if killing came second nature to her. And again, Jace was reminded of just how dangerous she was...

And then her mask flew off, revealing the scar he had seen before.. the one she was so scared of showing anyone. He stared, transfixed at the devilish beauty slaying the enemies before her.

And then Rome said something to him about running. Jace just blinked, and followed after her. He wasn't much of a fighter.. but he was probably even worse at running. his leg made sure of that. So.. there was really no option to run.

And then.. Jace froze as.. Zeora put a rope around the beastly creature and tried to lead it out of the arena. WHAT THE HELL?

"What the hell are you doing?" words leaped to Jace's mouth faster than he could stop them.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif

Pep

Stiffening slightly from the hug Pep was quick to calm down and return it. "Do not worry your mind, I'll find a few." Another thing he liked about the woman, she loved to read, that was the common connection, an intelligent person who was determined to read like himself. "Library is always open."

With that he watched her go, heading off in the opposite direction, looking back for a moment just to make sure he did the right thing in choosing his comfort over his friends.

Xafina

Pushed back slightly from the hug, Xafina simply put her hand on his head, almost cocooning him when she realized just how much he was hurting. "Its aright, its over." She was silent for Manu when he explained how they never really fought together, fingers running through Dan's hair as she listened.
"Instincts are the greatest tool for us, just means you guys are well skilled, your close, doesn’t matter that you were separated for so long."

All too sudden Dan stood, looking back up she found herself in a hug but it felt strangely hollow, even when she returned it, she didn't find herself longing for more like she usually done because how warm it was, but it was for the feeling of being almost empty.

Still she followed suit, Cindy wasted no time in moving, saying how she didn't want anymore problems, with a click of the reins they were off once more, yet Xafina still found herself sneaking glances at Dan, wondering if she should try to help him, or leave him to his own thoughts.
The latter won.

Instead she sat in the back with the girls, making sure they were okay as they decided to play a game of never have I ever, a strange little game that honestly proved to be something that helped her practice her lying.
Hours passing by she found herself following alongside the wagon, the chilly air causing her breath to come out in whisps. Pulling her coat close she saw something that sparked fond memories.
An old red barn, long abandon, but the sides painted to make it look like a another path way to a strange place of endless summer. A grin spreading across her face she grabbed Dan's hand, telling him to follow as she took off down the road for a bit.
A hill in the distance she stood at the top, Riverwood sitting below, bright colours trying to pierce the greys and whites of the colder season. People and traders going in and out, setting up for a festival that will light up through the night.

A smile on her features she looked back to Dan, gesturing to the village, "welcome to Riverwood." Even from here she could see how her family still held a firm yet protective hand over the town, the woods on all sides have had art pieces decorating the edges, in crafted metals, carved trunks and sculptures, a strange yet vary harmonizing appearance, no building looking like that last, almost as though it was a contest of who could create a piece of work from the pace they call home.
Looking over to the looming mountains though she found her chest tightening slightly. "The Reen family's home is up higher in the trails, only way to get there is through the woods."

The sound of the wagon looming behind her she found Cindy roll up, "I'm heading down to the Inn, got to register so I can get into the market for a good spot." Holding out a small bag of coins she tossed it to them, "you protected my supplies, don't care if it was for your friends, still need to pay you two."
She didn't feel right taking the coins though, looking back to Dan she gave him a questioning look before speaking, "we'll be able to see you again, right guys? We just found Manu after all and you and the girls are fun."

She didn't want to separate Dan and Manu, they just found each other again. Yet Cindy just nodded, "will yeah, you can find us in the market, I'll be in the inn her, don't know where you guys are staying though."

Zeora

Leading the stallion out she was shocked to be engulfed in a hug from Rome, how did she find out she came here.
That was till she saw Jace, confusing her even more she was taken back a bit at the question, she never taken the guy to be the angry. It was enough to cause her to snort under the mask, the stallion behind her dancing slighting in impatients as she began to sign.
"What dose it look like? I'm taking him back, I'm going to fix his wounds, and work from there. They were shooting him to get him angry so I'll need to pull out some bullets."

"You really think that thing will let you do that?" Even Rome sounded unconvinced, yet all she did was nod, yes he would let her, he wasn't like the horses back home, or a predator even. His milky eyes seemed to almost glare at the two who were thinking her idea was crazy. And in a way, it is, its a crazy idea but not the worst shes had.
"We should get out of here, there was no real kill, least not to the crowd so they will be pretty angry."

Mentioning Jace to follow the stallion done the same, even with her back turned to him he did not strike out, his fangs were not barred and for one people could actually see the damage that was caused to him. Blades, bullets, arrows, all raining down upon his flank yet he still stood, each step seeming to be one of pain yet he still pressed on.
Like every Anima in existence.

Rome

It was Rome who had to get the paper from the beast, turned out he only had a digit for a name, 872, she did not like the idea her partner was getting, not one bit that thing could turn around and kill her if she messed up.
But honestly, she really couldn't bring herself to tell her to throw the half dead monster back. The way they shared a gaze was like a deep understanding, a bond Zeora was trying to create and that beast looked to have never had a kind hand in his life. Ironic one of the most hard headed people was the one to provide a act of compassion to him.

"He's not staying home, you finish with his wounds and thats it, your not keeping him." all Zeora did was shrug, carefully, and oh so slowly reaching up to hold his head, a quite hand, a trick that she herself taught the girl, even when he flinched he did not pull away.

Looking to Jace she sighed, "I'm sorry to get you wrapped up in thing, but stay away from that thing, I have no idea how shes keeping him calm right now but things like him are ticking time bombs."

Pep

Stiffening slightly from the hug Pep was quick to calm down and return it. "Do not worry your mind, I'll find a few." Another thing he liked about the woman, she loved to read, that was the common connection, an intelligent person who was determined to read like himself. "Library is always open."

With that he watched her go, heading off in the opposite direction, looking back for a moment just to make sure he did the right thing in choosing his comfort over his friends.

Xafina

Pushed back slightly from the hug, Xafina simply put her hand on his head, almost cocooning him when she realized just how much he was hurting. "Its aright, its over." She was silent for Manu when he explained how they never really fought together, fingers running through Dan's hair as she listened.
"Instincts are the greatest tool for us, just means you guys are well skilled, your close, doesn’t matter that you were separated for so long."

All too sudden Dan stood, looking back up she found herself in a hug but it felt strangely hollow, even when she returned it, she didn't find herself longing for more like she usually done because how warm it was, but it was for the feeling of being almost empty.

Still she followed suit, Cindy wasted no time in moving, saying how she didn't want anymore problems, with a click of the reins they were off once more, yet Xafina still found herself sneaking glances at Dan, wondering if she should try to help him, or leave him to his own thoughts.
The latter won.

Instead she sat in the back with the girls, making sure they were okay as they decided to play a game of never have I ever, a strange little game that honestly proved to be something that helped her practice her lying.
Hours passing by she found herself following alongside the wagon, the chilly air causing her breath to come out in whisps. Pulling her coat close she saw something that sparked fond memories.
An old red barn, long abandon, but the sides painted to make it look like a another path way to a strange place of endless summer. A grin spreading across her face she grabbed Dan's hand, telling him to follow as she took off down the road for a bit.
A hill in the distance she stood at the top, Riverwood sitting below, bright colours trying to pierce the greys and whites of the colder season. People and traders going in and out, setting up for a festival that will light up through the night.

A smile on her features she looked back to Dan, gesturing to the village, "welcome to Riverwood." Even from here she could see how her family still held a firm yet protective hand over the town, the woods on all sides have had art pieces decorating the edges, in crafted metals, carved trunks and sculptures, a strange yet vary harmonizing appearance, no building looking like that last, almost as though it was a contest of who could create a piece of work from the pace they call home.
Looking over to the looming mountains though she found her chest tightening slightly. "The Reen family's home is up higher in the trails, only way to get there is through the woods."

The sound of the wagon looming behind her she found Cindy roll up, "I'm heading down to the Inn, got to register so I can get into the market for a good spot." Holding out a small bag of coins she tossed it to them, "you protected my supplies, don't care if it was for your friends, still need to pay you two."
She didn't feel right taking the coins though, looking back to Dan she gave him a questioning look before speaking, "we'll be able to see you again, right guys? We just found Manu after all and you and the girls are fun."

She didn't want to separate Dan and Manu, they just found each other again. Yet Cindy just nodded, "will yeah, you can find us in the market, I'll be in the inn her, don't know where you guys are staying though."

Zeora

Leading the stallion out she was shocked to be engulfed in a hug from Rome, how did she find out she came here.
That was till she saw Jace, confusing her even more she was taken back a bit at the question, she never taken the guy to be the angry. It was enough to cause her to snort under the mask, the stallion behind her dancing slighting in impatients as she began to sign.
"What dose it look like? I'm taking him back, I'm going to fix his wounds, and work from there. They were shooting him to get him angry so I'll need to pull out some bullets."

"You really think that thing will let you do that?" Even Rome sounded unconvinced, yet all she did was nod, yes he would let her, he wasn't like the horses back home, or a predator even. His milky eyes seemed to almost glare at the two who were thinking her idea was crazy. And in a way, it is, its a crazy idea but not the worst shes had.
"We should get out of here, there was no real kill, least not to the crowd so they will be pretty angry."

Mentioning Jace to follow the stallion done the same, even with her back turned to him he did not strike out, his fangs were not barred and for one people could actually see the damage that was caused to him. Blades, bullets, arrows, all raining down upon his flank yet he still stood, each step seeming to be one of pain yet he still pressed on.
Like every Anima in existence.

Rome

It was Rome who had to get the paper from the beast, turned out he only had a digit for a name, 872, she did not like the idea her partner was getting, not one bit that thing could turn around and kill her if she messed up.
But honestly, she really couldn't bring herself to tell her to throw the half dead monster back. The way they shared a gaze was like a deep understanding, a bond Zeora was trying to create and that beast looked to have never had a kind hand in his life. Ironic one of the most hard headed people was the one to provide a act of compassion to him.

"He's not staying home, you finish with his wounds and thats it, your not keeping him." all Zeora did was shrug, carefully, and oh so slowly reaching up to hold his head, a quite hand, a trick that she herself taught the girl, even when he flinched he did not pull away.

Looking to Jace she sighed, "I'm sorry to get you wrapped up in thing, but stay away from that thing, I have no idea how shes keeping him calm right now but things like him are ticking time bombs."
KWifnu.gif

Lucifer

Lucifer watch with half closed eyes as the female stumbles towards him, the woman he's suppose to secure and bring back, reaching for his shoulder, the scars from her time with Conroy seemed to reflect in his eyes. "..You know Peter..." Luz shifts almost unnoticeable out of the way of Nanza path, avoiding her touch, his mind searching frequently though his memories after her face without any luck but just the though of Nanza know what Peter had done to him made his fur puff up some, hackles raised, and lips curled up in a silent snarl.

the picture of Peter dancing behind his eyelids, his voice whispering inside his head.

"Kill her~"

"...I am fine" Lucifer stated, turning the snarl into smile but with his canine face he failed miserably, realizing that he stop trying and lower his lips. "Ceng? do you want to go with them?" he asked, glancing down at the boy.

Cloud

Cloud let out a breath in relief and his shoulders relaxed, he did something right for once. "W-We could go to one of the gathering rooms, maybe if we ask Shira, we can borrow her kitchen and I can cook something up for the all of us " he rambles, trying to ease the tension between the hound and the spider "you know I heard a rumor about hot springs somewhere near here, maybe after we eat we can go there" he keeps rambling, glancing over at Min with eyes screaming for her to help him

Lucifer

Lucifer watch with half closed eyes as the female stumbles towards him, the woman he's suppose to secure and bring back, reaching for his shoulder, the scars from her time with Conroy seemed to reflect in his eyes. "..You know Peter..." Luz shifts almost unnoticeable out of the way of Nanza path, avoiding her touch, his mind searching frequently though his memories after her face without any luck but just the though of Nanza know what Peter had done to him made his fur puff up some, hackles raised, and lips curled up in a silent snarl.

the picture of Peter dancing behind his eyelids, his voice whispering inside his head.

"Kill her~"

"...I am fine" Lucifer stated, turning the snarl into smile but with his canine face he failed miserably, realizing that he stop trying and lower his lips. "Ceng? do you want to go with them?" he asked, glancing down at the boy.

Cloud

Cloud let out a breath in relief and his shoulders relaxed, he did something right for once. "W-We could go to one of the gathering rooms, maybe if we ask Shira, we can borrow her kitchen and I can cook something up for the all of us " he rambles, trying to ease the tension between the hound and the spider "you know I heard a rumor about hot springs somewhere near here, maybe after we eat we can go there" he keeps rambling, glancing over at Min with eyes screaming for her to help him
@CloseEnough @HummingKnight @Draconequis

Ceng

Ceng shook his head at Lucifer's question, looking at the man's face with curiosity. "I stay with you," he said with plain certainty. The others seemed nice, but he would much rather take another nap with Lucifer than follow them around. Besides, the look in Lucifer's eyes troubled him. He spoke about the "Peter" man and "experiments" with a smile, but there was something strange about the whole thing. Well, it didn't matter- whether or not Ceng understood, Lucifer was a nice friend either way. If he spoke up again like he had before when they were alone about Peter, that was his choice.

Shuffling after him, Ceng halted in curiosity as Cloud suddenly spoke in a rush. Min was quick to step up too, her eyebrows scrunched with a troubled expression as she looked at Lucifer's back before turning to face Cloud. She agreed with him quietly, briefly pausing to explain to Ceng what a hotspring was. "Hot springs are pools of very warm water. That would be really nice, Cloud. I've never been to one before. Nanza?"

The idea sounded strange and intriguing to Ceng, and he looked at Lucifer to see if he felt the same. "If... I go... will you come?" He didn't want to leave his friend's side so soon. Even if he was tempted, he would easily give up the idea if Lucifer said no.
@CloseEnough @HummingKnight @Draconequis

Ceng

Ceng shook his head at Lucifer's question, looking at the man's face with curiosity. "I stay with you," he said with plain certainty. The others seemed nice, but he would much rather take another nap with Lucifer than follow them around. Besides, the look in Lucifer's eyes troubled him. He spoke about the "Peter" man and "experiments" with a smile, but there was something strange about the whole thing. Well, it didn't matter- whether or not Ceng understood, Lucifer was a nice friend either way. If he spoke up again like he had before when they were alone about Peter, that was his choice.

Shuffling after him, Ceng halted in curiosity as Cloud suddenly spoke in a rush. Min was quick to step up too, her eyebrows scrunched with a troubled expression as she looked at Lucifer's back before turning to face Cloud. She agreed with him quietly, briefly pausing to explain to Ceng what a hotspring was. "Hot springs are pools of very warm water. That would be really nice, Cloud. I've never been to one before. Nanza?"

The idea sounded strange and intriguing to Ceng, and he looked at Lucifer to see if he felt the same. "If... I go... will you come?" He didn't want to leave his friend's side so soon. Even if he was tempted, he would easily give up the idea if Lucifer said no.
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 100 101