Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Breeding Cooldown- NEW adult dragons
1 2
Hiya

Just hoping that the cool down on breeding for NEWLY adult dragons could be removed. It's super frustrating to have to wait so long to breed a newly adult dragon. Especially in the case of those who have 20+ days to wait. Or more than an entire month to wait! It'd be nice if that cool down went away for newly grown dragons, OR barring that, cutting the time in half? Then after first breeding, the cool down goes back to the normal range for that dragon's particular breed? Please consider this, it's really frustrating to get a beautiful and exciting new hatchling, and then have to wait so long to continue working on breeding projects or just increasing the number of beautiful/awesome dragons in your lair.

Also: more than 2 weeks is an awful lot of time to wait to breed a dragon. Especially in the case of the breeds for whom the cool down is over a MONTH. Please, please lower the cool down for the 'rare' breeds. Especially since if you really want one, you can buy it right away in the Auction House. The rarity thing on breeds is a little... unnecessary honestly, given that they're all available in auction area.
Hiya

Just hoping that the cool down on breeding for NEWLY adult dragons could be removed. It's super frustrating to have to wait so long to breed a newly adult dragon. Especially in the case of those who have 20+ days to wait. Or more than an entire month to wait! It'd be nice if that cool down went away for newly grown dragons, OR barring that, cutting the time in half? Then after first breeding, the cool down goes back to the normal range for that dragon's particular breed? Please consider this, it's really frustrating to get a beautiful and exciting new hatchling, and then have to wait so long to continue working on breeding projects or just increasing the number of beautiful/awesome dragons in your lair.

Also: more than 2 weeks is an awful lot of time to wait to breed a dragon. Especially in the case of the breeds for whom the cool down is over a MONTH. Please, please lower the cool down for the 'rare' breeds. Especially since if you really want one, you can buy it right away in the Auction House. The rarity thing on breeds is a little... unnecessary honestly, given that they're all available in auction area.
As frustrating as the cooldown timer is, the only way I can see it being reduced at all is if they made a super rare, expensive item that was like, max rank baldwin that required insane ingredients to make and a very long time to produce.
As frustrating as the cooldown timer is, the only way I can see it being reduced at all is if they made a super rare, expensive item that was like, max rank baldwin that required insane ingredients to make and a very long time to produce.
I know it's really frustrating for users just starting out, but once a lair is established there's no shortage of breedable dragons--there's a nest shortage! I don't think it makes much sense biologically either--what I'm probably doing a bad job at explaining because it's 2AM is that dragons on FR in-world probably don't magically jump from baby to adult overnight. They probably have a maturation process like most species--meaning that from the time they hit adult to the time they first breed would effectively be an adolescent stage. And for me, that's a bit too young to have babies.

This particular cooldown also helps keep the dragon market from getting any more flood, especially with new genes and all. Consider it with the scroll of maturity: get a new gene, apply to ready to breed adult dragon, boon of fertility the nest, scroll of maturity the hatchlings, breed the hatchlings, boon of fertility the nest, scroll of maturity the hatchlings, breed the hatchlings...

That's why I would never support an item that removes or reduces the cooldown. It would have to be cash shop, and then people would combine it with the boon of fertility and tank new genes/breeds overnight (remove cooldown, breed, boon, remove cooldown, breed, boon, remove cooldown, breed, boon...)

I hope I made sense...I ought to sleep...
I know it's really frustrating for users just starting out, but once a lair is established there's no shortage of breedable dragons--there's a nest shortage! I don't think it makes much sense biologically either--what I'm probably doing a bad job at explaining because it's 2AM is that dragons on FR in-world probably don't magically jump from baby to adult overnight. They probably have a maturation process like most species--meaning that from the time they hit adult to the time they first breed would effectively be an adolescent stage. And for me, that's a bit too young to have babies.

This particular cooldown also helps keep the dragon market from getting any more flood, especially with new genes and all. Consider it with the scroll of maturity: get a new gene, apply to ready to breed adult dragon, boon of fertility the nest, scroll of maturity the hatchlings, breed the hatchlings, boon of fertility the nest, scroll of maturity the hatchlings, breed the hatchlings...

That's why I would never support an item that removes or reduces the cooldown. It would have to be cash shop, and then people would combine it with the boon of fertility and tank new genes/breeds overnight (remove cooldown, breed, boon, remove cooldown, breed, boon, remove cooldown, breed, boon...)

I hope I made sense...I ought to sleep...
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I don't support, sorry. A 6-day old dragon being able to reproduce would flood the economy very quickly. Which means dragons would take longer to sell, they'd be worth less, and the economy would stagnate (which, ehh, has already happened.) A six day cooldown for new adults would be WAY too low and would pump new dragons into the system. Additionally it'd discourage people from keeping any dragons because it would be far more profitable to breed, then sell the parents and breed the hatchlings, and so on and so forth. It would do wonders for the exalt fodder market, for sure (much faster returns, quicker to breed your own fodder, etc.) but that would only lead to inflation and some items already face a steep mark-up as-is (wolf capes, gold silks, the like.)

From an in-universe standpoint, dragons probably don't poof from hatchling to adult instantly. The period between age-up and cooldown finish is likely adolescence and so probably too young, incapable of breeding and having fit offspring (like how Labrador retrievers will go into heat at arould 6 months old, but it is advised not to breed them until they are two years old to avoid complications that can kill the dog or cause birth defects in the pups.)
I don't support, sorry. A 6-day old dragon being able to reproduce would flood the economy very quickly. Which means dragons would take longer to sell, they'd be worth less, and the economy would stagnate (which, ehh, has already happened.) A six day cooldown for new adults would be WAY too low and would pump new dragons into the system. Additionally it'd discourage people from keeping any dragons because it would be far more profitable to breed, then sell the parents and breed the hatchlings, and so on and so forth. It would do wonders for the exalt fodder market, for sure (much faster returns, quicker to breed your own fodder, etc.) but that would only lead to inflation and some items already face a steep mark-up as-is (wolf capes, gold silks, the like.)

From an in-universe standpoint, dragons probably don't poof from hatchling to adult instantly. The period between age-up and cooldown finish is likely adolescence and so probably too young, incapable of breeding and having fit offspring (like how Labrador retrievers will go into heat at arould 6 months old, but it is advised not to breed them until they are two years old to avoid complications that can kill the dog or cause birth defects in the pups.)
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
No support. It makes no sense for a dragon to be 5 days old, a hatchling before growing, and then suddenly POOF it can breed and it's completely an adult. That's not how it works.
No support. It makes no sense for a dragon to be 5 days old, a hatchling before growing, and then suddenly POOF it can breed and it's completely an adult. That's not how it works.
I support this for Plentiful Breeds only.

Tundras, Faes, Mirrors and Guardians.

Gotta make them actually plentiful.

No support for everything else.
I support this for Plentiful Breeds only.

Tundras, Faes, Mirrors and Guardians.

Gotta make them actually plentiful.

No support for everything else.
I couldn't support this. I could support the growing to adults part counting towards the cooldown. So an adult dragon has six days less because it's newly grown.
I couldn't support this. I could support the growing to adults part counting towards the cooldown. So an adult dragon has six days less because it's newly grown.
@Kestral123 the growing to adult part already counts towards the cooldown
@Kestral123 the growing to adult part already counts towards the cooldown
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I kinda see it as "they are an adult but, not yet a adultier adult" I didn't become fertile and immediately need to have kids. A dragon on breeding cooldown after becoming an adult is what I see as a teenager or young adult who wants to experience the world before making a nest.
I kinda see it as "they are an adult but, not yet a adultier adult" I didn't become fertile and immediately need to have kids. A dragon on breeding cooldown after becoming an adult is what I see as a teenager or young adult who wants to experience the world before making a nest.
tumblr_o7k72eLaZx1sksqjzo1_500.jpg
Sorry No support.

To do this would provide a way for players to get around the current cool down system already in place.

If this were to be implemented then players could Breed Imperials or Wildclaws and Coatls from 6 Day old dragons and never have to wait the 30 or 35 days between breedings. They could just continually replace a pair on Cool down with 6 day old dragons.

Since dragons are so cheap they could just breed the dragons and after the nests were hatched buy two new adults from the Auction house an start the process all over again.

Since once you are established you will have more dragons than you can breed there will be no need for anything to shorten the cool downs we currently have.
Sorry No support.

To do this would provide a way for players to get around the current cool down system already in place.

If this were to be implemented then players could Breed Imperials or Wildclaws and Coatls from 6 Day old dragons and never have to wait the 30 or 35 days between breedings. They could just continually replace a pair on Cool down with 6 day old dragons.

Since dragons are so cheap they could just breed the dragons and after the nests were hatched buy two new adults from the Auction house an start the process all over again.

Since once you are established you will have more dragons than you can breed there will be no need for anything to shorten the cool downs we currently have.
1 2