Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Be careful what you wish for. [closed]
1 2 3 4 5
@astrotheology @Arivern

The amalgamation of faceless souls grew somewhat restless as they sensed the arrival of yet another dragon on the territory of the temple. They waited, apprehensive as they wondered what would occur of this strange event. They had seen many dragons pass through the temple, but it was rare to see a party of them together, and even rarer to see two arrive without knowing the other was there. The fog condensed, coiling around the two intruders' legs before dancing away. This pattern of curious gathering, followed by a quick retreat, went on for about a minute or so before a much more powerful entity sent the fog slinking away into the cracks and corners of the room. The whispers were suddenly silent, not one soul dared to make a noise in the presence of this new force.

Unlike the fog, this entity was completely invisible, but it could still make itself known with the heavy atmosphere which surrounded it. It moved, thickening the air and bringing such an eerie silence with its movements that even the breeze seemed to cease. Slowly, it peeled away from the stone statue, roused from its slumber by an unfamiliar feeling. Upon inspection, it seemed that a small Fae had clambered onto one of the statue's hind legs. Intrigued, the entity slithered down and enveloped the small Fae, invisible but almost suffocating in the heaviness it carried. If the Fae were to breathe in, it would feel like weights had been placed on her lungs. The entity swirled about the Fae a few time, but once it had realised the dragon did not have what it had been looking for, it quickly went to investigate the second intruder.

This one was curious. The extra parts on the male Imperial raised some questions, but the entity was unable to query the dragon, as it was bound to complete silence in this realm. It was almost as if the entity's presence sucked all the noises out of the surrounding area. The chirps of birds, the rushing of water, breathing. Not even the faint sound of the heart beating could be heard. An extremely observant person could perhaps locate the movements of the entity if they were to pay close attention to the change of volume.

The entity, as it had done with the Fae, circled the Imperial a few times before coming to the conclusion that he, too, did not have what it needed. Regardless, any offers the two did wish to give would be promptly accepted. The entity, although it longed for that special item that could set it free, was not picky when it came to offerings. It considered collecting as a passion of its, since there was very little it could become interested in considering its situation. The entity slithered back to the statue where it waited, comfortably watching from its stone abode to see what the dragons would do.

(@Arivern No your entries are cool! I don't really know what to do with mine since I don't really have a character to go with currently, and tbh describing the same things over and over gets boring quickly. So, um, sorry if I seem to get a bit lazy by the end of each entry, it's just because I'm not sure what to add, but I also don't want to do small entries because both of you obviously work so hard on yours and I think it would just be rude to not try and keep to a good length in response.)
@astrotheology @Arivern

The amalgamation of faceless souls grew somewhat restless as they sensed the arrival of yet another dragon on the territory of the temple. They waited, apprehensive as they wondered what would occur of this strange event. They had seen many dragons pass through the temple, but it was rare to see a party of them together, and even rarer to see two arrive without knowing the other was there. The fog condensed, coiling around the two intruders' legs before dancing away. This pattern of curious gathering, followed by a quick retreat, went on for about a minute or so before a much more powerful entity sent the fog slinking away into the cracks and corners of the room. The whispers were suddenly silent, not one soul dared to make a noise in the presence of this new force.

Unlike the fog, this entity was completely invisible, but it could still make itself known with the heavy atmosphere which surrounded it. It moved, thickening the air and bringing such an eerie silence with its movements that even the breeze seemed to cease. Slowly, it peeled away from the stone statue, roused from its slumber by an unfamiliar feeling. Upon inspection, it seemed that a small Fae had clambered onto one of the statue's hind legs. Intrigued, the entity slithered down and enveloped the small Fae, invisible but almost suffocating in the heaviness it carried. If the Fae were to breathe in, it would feel like weights had been placed on her lungs. The entity swirled about the Fae a few time, but once it had realised the dragon did not have what it had been looking for, it quickly went to investigate the second intruder.

This one was curious. The extra parts on the male Imperial raised some questions, but the entity was unable to query the dragon, as it was bound to complete silence in this realm. It was almost as if the entity's presence sucked all the noises out of the surrounding area. The chirps of birds, the rushing of water, breathing. Not even the faint sound of the heart beating could be heard. An extremely observant person could perhaps locate the movements of the entity if they were to pay close attention to the change of volume.

The entity, as it had done with the Fae, circled the Imperial a few times before coming to the conclusion that he, too, did not have what it needed. Regardless, any offers the two did wish to give would be promptly accepted. The entity, although it longed for that special item that could set it free, was not picky when it came to offerings. It considered collecting as a passion of its, since there was very little it could become interested in considering its situation. The entity slithered back to the statue where it waited, comfortably watching from its stone abode to see what the dragons would do.

(@Arivern No your entries are cool! I don't really know what to do with mine since I don't really have a character to go with currently, and tbh describing the same things over and over gets boring quickly. So, um, sorry if I seem to get a bit lazy by the end of each entry, it's just because I'm not sure what to add, but I also don't want to do small entries because both of you obviously work so hard on yours and I think it would just be rude to not try and keep to a good length in response.)
🕯📖🕯
(@Arivern @astrotheology Wait holy **** did my reply not send?? Did I press Cancel instead of Submit?? I can't find it anywhere omg guys I'm so sorry I didn't realise!)
(@Arivern @astrotheology Wait holy **** did my reply not send?? Did I press Cancel instead of Submit?? I can't find it anywhere omg guys I'm so sorry I didn't realise!)
🕯📖🕯
@Arivern @TheMysteryMeat

It was a hind leg. Curious. But made of stone, so...Tsvetanka wasn't disturbing some poor giant Imperial's sleep. She hoped, at least. Stepping off of the leg - feeling some slimy plant catch on her leg on the way down - she went to examine the rest of the room. It was covered in morning fog, and the rest of it save for a few feet in front of her eyes was obscured from view. What a prize. She flew all the way from the Icefields for fog. A huff of indignation from her, then another leap into the air to beat the fog into dissolving.

Then, of course, simply to spite her, the fog disappeared almost immediately. Tsvetanka hung in the air dumbly for a moment before settling back down next to the stone statue. Well... good, she thought, crest flattening against her head in quiet confusion and wariness. That... takes care of that. It burned off. She slunk back down against the stones. I think. There was a momentary lapse in all Tsvetanka's courage.

To punctuate the oddity, Tsvetanka now heard nothing. The birdsong in the surrounding forest was stifled. The breeze in the tops of the trees was silent. Even the nearby bubbling from the fountain was quieter than before. It was as if someone had stuck cotton in the ears of the world, and just then was when Tsvetanka made the mistake of attempting to breathe in.

Something invisible's claws were around her torso, squeezing the breath out of her. Her claws skittered across the floor, muffled, as she tried desperately to inhale and get air back into her lungs oh wow was this really how she was going to go - but as quickly as it had come upon her, it left, leaving her gasping by the massive statue, crest plastered against her face. And through her own heavings of air, she became acutely aware that the scrape against stone coming from another place in the temple was not hers at all.

(i did see your post, mysterymeat! i was just super crazy busy and didn't get a chance to write up a longer post like this, sorry ;w;)
@Arivern @TheMysteryMeat

It was a hind leg. Curious. But made of stone, so...Tsvetanka wasn't disturbing some poor giant Imperial's sleep. She hoped, at least. Stepping off of the leg - feeling some slimy plant catch on her leg on the way down - she went to examine the rest of the room. It was covered in morning fog, and the rest of it save for a few feet in front of her eyes was obscured from view. What a prize. She flew all the way from the Icefields for fog. A huff of indignation from her, then another leap into the air to beat the fog into dissolving.

Then, of course, simply to spite her, the fog disappeared almost immediately. Tsvetanka hung in the air dumbly for a moment before settling back down next to the stone statue. Well... good, she thought, crest flattening against her head in quiet confusion and wariness. That... takes care of that. It burned off. She slunk back down against the stones. I think. There was a momentary lapse in all Tsvetanka's courage.

To punctuate the oddity, Tsvetanka now heard nothing. The birdsong in the surrounding forest was stifled. The breeze in the tops of the trees was silent. Even the nearby bubbling from the fountain was quieter than before. It was as if someone had stuck cotton in the ears of the world, and just then was when Tsvetanka made the mistake of attempting to breathe in.

Something invisible's claws were around her torso, squeezing the breath out of her. Her claws skittered across the floor, muffled, as she tried desperately to inhale and get air back into her lungs oh wow was this really how she was going to go - but as quickly as it had come upon her, it left, leaving her gasping by the massive statue, crest plastered against her face. And through her own heavings of air, she became acutely aware that the scrape against stone coming from another place in the temple was not hers at all.

(i did see your post, mysterymeat! i was just super crazy busy and didn't get a chance to write up a longer post like this, sorry ;w;)
VfJfrBs.jpeg
@astrotheology
Ohh, sorry, I though I had deleted it or something. Although it's pretty weird, I can't actually find it anywhere. :/
@astrotheology
Ohh, sorry, I though I had deleted it or something. Although it's pretty weird, I can't actually find it anywhere. :/
🕯📖🕯
@TheMysteryMeat @astrotheology

Arakodu walked as silently as he could, as though he was afraid of disturbing something in the temple. He couldn't help being enraptured by the architecture, and the fact that now nature embraced it all with her winding, green, leafy arms. He knew most would see it as nature invading and destroying the temple, but to him... well granted, the plants had cracked the walls, and the water running down from all that would only make the situation worse. However, in his time the edifice still stood despite nature's grip, and if this was to be a scene of combat between the temple and the flora, it was a beautiful battle to Arakodu's eyes.

The hall he was walking down was about to end in another arched entryway, and from his angle it looked like there was a very large chamber on the other side. Sunlight was trying to pierce through the whispering fog, which was currently twisting around his legs and reminding him to expect traps. When he was about a hundred feet from the next entryway, the fog suddenly retreated from the open spaces of the room, creeping through the cracks like a sea of pale grey rats. To this Arakodu stopped altogether and looked around with renewed alertness.

At first nothing happened for a minute, nothing to see, nothing to hear... he suddenly noticed that indeed there was nothing to hear. No birds sang, no wind blew, the bubbling and dripping water couldn't be heard, and even his breathing and heartbeat were muted. There was something strange about this, the silence was all around and yet... concentrated? No, that wasn't it, it was-.

Abruptly Arakodu couldn't breathe, as though his lungs were filled with dirty water; faintly he could also feel something like a wind blowing around him. He didn't notice the wind like he might have if he weren't suffocating, however, and after he choked for a moment and stumbled he tried to think of a defensive spell. Then, as quickly as it had come the force was gone. In that moment, as the Imperial gasped in a few breaths, he noticed something odd: the silence slowly melted away, not fading away like sound just returned, but like someone had removed a blanket. Basically, it felt like the sound returned from one direction, as though something was bringing the sounds back to the temple. Or was it something that had brought the silence, and now that something was leaving him? Arakodu had always been detailed oriented, which was probably the only reason these observations came to mind for him.

"Was that a trap, a warning to soon be followed by something worse?" He thought to himself. "Or was it some kind of... sentience?" He tapped his claw on the ground, making a ticking noise as he pondered the question and whether he should keep going. He decided to place a ward or two on himself, so perhaps he might be shielded by whatever might try to scare him (or worse), then continue. The wards only took a minute or so to place, they being anchored to his armor and a piece of jewelry he kept on his person, then he entered the chamber.

It was quite large, covered with moss and little bits of underbrush and filled with sunlight from the windows and large holes in the ceiling. Vines hung everywhere like thick tentacles, and the various smells of the wet flora and stone made for a very interesting atmosphere. The first thing that caught his eye was the statue of the Imperial, which was much larger than himself by perhaps twice and a half. The details of the monument were breathtaking, the scales and fur so lifelike that for a moment Arakodu thought he had stumbled upon a real, massive dragon. The fact that the dragon was covered in plantlife made him fall in love with the piece all the more, the moss and vines adding to its lively appearance and a fine contrast to the hard stone.

The second thing the Imperial noted in the room, however, was the little red-winged and green silk-attired Fae huddling around the statue's hind leg, staring at him with her frills laid back across her head. Immediately his sense of awe and wonder for the room vanished, and he couldn't help his eyes from darkening slightly. He had hoped to discover this place by himself, to have it to himself for at least a day or so; he really shouldn't have been surprised though, considering it was a laugh from a fellow dragon that had drawn him to the edifice in the first place.

Once again he tapped one of his five claws against the stone, the awkward silence feeling like it was expanding for forever. Not being able to think of anything witty at the moment, he said simply to the Fae. "Hi."

(Huh, that's weird Meat, I can see your response just fine.)

Arakodu walked as silently as he could, as though he was afraid of disturbing something in the temple. He couldn't help being enraptured by the architecture, and the fact that now nature embraced it all with her winding, green, leafy arms. He knew most would see it as nature invading and destroying the temple, but to him... well granted, the plants had cracked the walls, and the water running down from all that would only make the situation worse. However, in his time the edifice still stood despite nature's grip, and if this was to be a scene of combat between the temple and the flora, it was a beautiful battle to Arakodu's eyes.

The hall he was walking down was about to end in another arched entryway, and from his angle it looked like there was a very large chamber on the other side. Sunlight was trying to pierce through the whispering fog, which was currently twisting around his legs and reminding him to expect traps. When he was about a hundred feet from the next entryway, the fog suddenly retreated from the open spaces of the room, creeping through the cracks like a sea of pale grey rats. To this Arakodu stopped altogether and looked around with renewed alertness.

At first nothing happened for a minute, nothing to see, nothing to hear... he suddenly noticed that indeed there was nothing to hear. No birds sang, no wind blew, the bubbling and dripping water couldn't be heard, and even his breathing and heartbeat were muted. There was something strange about this, the silence was all around and yet... concentrated? No, that wasn't it, it was-.

Abruptly Arakodu couldn't breathe, as though his lungs were filled with dirty water; faintly he could also feel something like a wind blowing around him. He didn't notice the wind like he might have if he weren't suffocating, however, and after he choked for a moment and stumbled he tried to think of a defensive spell. Then, as quickly as it had come the force was gone. In that moment, as the Imperial gasped in a few breaths, he noticed something odd: the silence slowly melted away, not fading away like sound just returned, but like someone had removed a blanket. Basically, it felt like the sound returned from one direction, as though something was bringing the sounds back to the temple. Or was it something that had brought the silence, and now that something was leaving him? Arakodu had always been detailed oriented, which was probably the only reason these observations came to mind for him.

"Was that a trap, a warning to soon be followed by something worse?" He thought to himself. "Or was it some kind of... sentience?" He tapped his claw on the ground, making a ticking noise as he pondered the question and whether he should keep going. He decided to place a ward or two on himself, so perhaps he might be shielded by whatever might try to scare him (or worse), then continue. The wards only took a minute or so to place, they being anchored to his armor and a piece of jewelry he kept on his person, then he entered the chamber.

It was quite large, covered with moss and little bits of underbrush and filled with sunlight from the windows and large holes in the ceiling. Vines hung everywhere like thick tentacles, and the various smells of the wet flora and stone made for a very interesting atmosphere. The first thing that caught his eye was the statue of the Imperial, which was much larger than himself by perhaps twice and a half. The details of the monument were breathtaking, the scales and fur so lifelike that for a moment Arakodu thought he had stumbled upon a real, massive dragon. The fact that the dragon was covered in plantlife made him fall in love with the piece all the more, the moss and vines adding to its lively appearance and a fine contrast to the hard stone.

The second thing the Imperial noted in the room, however, was the little red-winged and green silk-attired Fae huddling around the statue's hind leg, staring at him with her frills laid back across her head. Immediately his sense of awe and wonder for the room vanished, and he couldn't help his eyes from darkening slightly. He had hoped to discover this place by himself, to have it to himself for at least a day or so; he really shouldn't have been surprised though, considering it was a laugh from a fellow dragon that had drawn him to the edifice in the first place.

Once again he tapped one of his five claws against the stone, the awkward silence feeling like it was expanding for forever. Not being able to think of anything witty at the moment, he said simply to the Fae. "Hi."

(Huh, that's weird Meat, I can see your response just fine.)
2Qbi90W.pngZhydIqY.png

(Has my entry gotten to everyone, or have y'all just been busy? Just curious.)

(Has my entry gotten to everyone, or have y'all just been busy? Just curious.)
2Qbi90W.pngZhydIqY.png
( @Arivern @TheMysteryMeat I saw your post. It's MysteryMeat's turn...)
( @Arivern @TheMysteryMeat I saw your post. It's MysteryMeat's turn...)
VfJfrBs.jpeg
(@astrotheology @Arivern

I'm really, really sorry. I've been doing my exams recently so I've not had time to go online much, and even when I can it's only been for a few minutes at best. I wanted to mention it but I've been really busy with revising. I promise I'll get a reply done as soon as possible though. I'm really sorry.)
(@astrotheology @Arivern

I'm really, really sorry. I've been doing my exams recently so I've not had time to go online much, and even when I can it's only been for a few minutes at best. I wanted to mention it but I've been really busy with revising. I promise I'll get a reply done as soon as possible though. I'm really sorry.)
🕯📖🕯
@TheMysteryMeat

(Ah, ok. You've got stuff going on, perfectly understandable. Best of luck to you on those exams :)).
@TheMysteryMeat

(Ah, ok. You've got stuff going on, perfectly understandable. Best of luck to you on those exams :)).
2Qbi90W.pngZhydIqY.png
@TheMysteryMeat @astrotheology @Arivern

Bump; don't want to lose the RP, in case we start it up again :).
@TheMysteryMeat @astrotheology @Arivern

Bump; don't want to lose the RP, in case we start it up again :).
2Qbi90W.pngZhydIqY.png
1 2 3 4 5