Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | okay so I'm kind of nervous ...
1 2
I'm flying out to London in the new year for two weeks to visit my boyfriend and idk I'm kind of anxious about travelling to the UK with the terrorist stuff going on

I'm being paranoid basically and idk I suppose I could just use some reassurance? Tell me if any of you are travelling to Europe soon or something? Idk, this is a bit of a weird request I guess but I tend to be a very worrisome person and I keep dwelling on this stuff.
I'm flying out to London in the new year for two weeks to visit my boyfriend and idk I'm kind of anxious about travelling to the UK with the terrorist stuff going on

I'm being paranoid basically and idk I suppose I could just use some reassurance? Tell me if any of you are travelling to Europe soon or something? Idk, this is a bit of a weird request I guess but I tend to be a very worrisome person and I keep dwelling on this stuff.
a b o u t - h a t c h e r y
36vcrVo.png
I rent nests through the nest network.
@msmm

Worrying won't change the future, so try and enjoy the little things. :] What kind of fun things do you have planned with your boyfriend?
@msmm

Worrying won't change the future, so try and enjoy the little things. :] What kind of fun things do you have planned with your boyfriend?
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
@msmm

Do not worry, Europe is still pretty safe place even though what happened France. Many countries have developed their security systems, and there's no instant terrorism danger everywhere, Europe isn't war arena. These tragedies are rare in Europe, and chance something like that will happen in London just when you are there is like so so so small.
@msmm

Do not worry, Europe is still pretty safe place even though what happened France. Many countries have developed their security systems, and there's no instant terrorism danger everywhere, Europe isn't war arena. These tragedies are rare in Europe, and chance something like that will happen in London just when you are there is like so so so small.
@msmm The chance of something happening is so so so so small it may as well not even be there. Honestly, terrorism is way overblown anyway. Especially in America. Mass media and our country's past experiences with terrorism (9/11 for example) has created a perfect atmosphere for hysteria. It's not as huge and everywhere as it seems. Thousands of people go in and out of Europe every day and nothing happens. You'll be just fine. :)
@msmm The chance of something happening is so so so so small it may as well not even be there. Honestly, terrorism is way overblown anyway. Especially in America. Mass media and our country's past experiences with terrorism (9/11 for example) has created a perfect atmosphere for hysteria. It's not as huge and everywhere as it seems. Thousands of people go in and out of Europe every day and nothing happens. You'll be just fine. :)
Being afraid is what the terrorists what, it is literally the definition of terrorism. I mean as much as it sounds like a jingoistic "Don't let the terrorists win!" well, don't let them win and take over your personal life. Fear has a horrible way of consuming people.
Being afraid is what the terrorists what, it is literally the definition of terrorism. I mean as much as it sounds like a jingoistic "Don't let the terrorists win!" well, don't let them win and take over your personal life. Fear has a horrible way of consuming people.
@msmm I live in the UK and I haven't heard about any terrorist attacks here in years? I don't follow the news too much but still... I think you're safe. I'm pretty sure the UK isn't any more dangerous than any other country. You'll be fine! c:
@msmm I live in the UK and I haven't heard about any terrorist attacks here in years? I don't follow the news too much but still... I think you're safe. I'm pretty sure the UK isn't any more dangerous than any other country. You'll be fine! c:
@msmm
hi, i live in south london and i take the tube/train to class and back 4 times a day, and i've been doing it for the last 7 years, and i can assure you that nothing's ever happened. in fact, i've never had a disruption due to even the threat of terrorist action, never seen a bag left on a train, never seen an incident other than someone drunk at 11pm shouting a bit. relax, everything will be fine, the worst that might happen to you is having to sit next to a screaming baby or a loud businessman on the phone.

so don't worry c: have fun with your boyfriend
@msmm
hi, i live in south london and i take the tube/train to class and back 4 times a day, and i've been doing it for the last 7 years, and i can assure you that nothing's ever happened. in fact, i've never had a disruption due to even the threat of terrorist action, never seen a bag left on a train, never seen an incident other than someone drunk at 11pm shouting a bit. relax, everything will be fine, the worst that might happen to you is having to sit next to a screaming baby or a loud businessman on the phone.

so don't worry c: have fun with your boyfriend
syJrt1N.gifoT1Opir.gifS5BGfck.gifMMfFirK.gif
@msmm

Those things as terrorist attacks are pretty rare, they just happen to pop in the mind and everywhere since news are so loud about them. You should think maybe how many safe places there are in Europe and compare how many terrorist attacks there really are. It's really a really little change a terrorist attacks to happen, it just feels so high rate and all because of the news. I even think that America is a bit scarier place with all the guns with every person (lol that was horrible to say, but maybe you get the idea), but that is the same. I'm sure America is not that scary and dangerous place, all the bad news just corrupt minds. Tho you're a Canadian, it's a bit different, yes.

So welcome to EU and have fun! UK is a nice place. :) I think. Never been there... but couple of my friends live there, and many more has visited. And I'm going too, some day! I hope, gosh I hope...

Don't let the news confuse you, try to think about positive and nice things (It's easier to say I know).
@msmm

Those things as terrorist attacks are pretty rare, they just happen to pop in the mind and everywhere since news are so loud about them. You should think maybe how many safe places there are in Europe and compare how many terrorist attacks there really are. It's really a really little change a terrorist attacks to happen, it just feels so high rate and all because of the news. I even think that America is a bit scarier place with all the guns with every person (lol that was horrible to say, but maybe you get the idea), but that is the same. I'm sure America is not that scary and dangerous place, all the bad news just corrupt minds. Tho you're a Canadian, it's a bit different, yes.

So welcome to EU and have fun! UK is a nice place. :) I think. Never been there... but couple of my friends live there, and many more has visited. And I'm going too, some day! I hope, gosh I hope...

Don't let the news confuse you, try to think about positive and nice things (It's easier to say I know).
@msmm I live in London, I work on regent street, take the tube daily and tbh, I think it is pretty safe overall....We have been on severe terror alert since August 2014 and whilst an attack *could* happen, realistically, In these times, It could happen anywhere.....My advice is live your life as normal, Don't let them win by making you live in fear :)
@msmm I live in London, I work on regent street, take the tube daily and tbh, I think it is pretty safe overall....We have been on severe terror alert since August 2014 and whilst an attack *could* happen, realistically, In these times, It could happen anywhere.....My advice is live your life as normal, Don't let them win by making you live in fear :)
You've all helped a lot, thanks ^-^ A lot of the time with stuff like this I just need people to tell me I'm being irrational lmao.

@DalphiaRose Well we're both huge Star Wars fans so we'll be seeing TFA together (probably for like the 20th time each) and hopefully just doing nice touristy things down on the south coast :3
You've all helped a lot, thanks ^-^ A lot of the time with stuff like this I just need people to tell me I'm being irrational lmao.

@DalphiaRose Well we're both huge Star Wars fans so we'll be seeing TFA together (probably for like the 20th time each) and hopefully just doing nice touristy things down on the south coast :3
a b o u t - h a t c h e r y
36vcrVo.png
I rent nests through the nest network.
1 2