Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Destroy nest/Eat eggs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I have to agree with others that the wording dose not make the feature sound appealing. It might even be offensive to some people to have a feature which technically makes your dragons resort to cannibalism just because there isn't enough room in the clan for 1-5 new hatchlings.

'Discard eggs' is much better because it leaves more up to the imagination of the user, it could be eating the eggs if that is what would fit your lore but it could also be giving the eggs away to an infertile pair, smashing them or leaving them in the wilderness. What if you have a headcannon where eggs can get sick from disease or become infested by something, would your dragons still eat that?

I like the base idea of being able to remove a nest and/or discard the eggs and I support that, just let us decide by ourself how we see our dragons actions.
I have to agree with others that the wording dose not make the feature sound appealing. It might even be offensive to some people to have a feature which technically makes your dragons resort to cannibalism just because there isn't enough room in the clan for 1-5 new hatchlings.

'Discard eggs' is much better because it leaves more up to the imagination of the user, it could be eating the eggs if that is what would fit your lore but it could also be giving the eggs away to an infertile pair, smashing them or leaving them in the wilderness. What if you have a headcannon where eggs can get sick from disease or become infested by something, would your dragons still eat that?

I like the base idea of being able to remove a nest and/or discard the eggs and I support that, just let us decide by ourself how we see our dragons actions.
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
Support!
To make it less brutal looking, it could be played as if the beastclans stole an egg, or something like that. Or a user-controlled egg rot.

Because sometimes, you just want one single name on the offspring list for whatever reason.
Support!
To make it less brutal looking, it could be played as if the beastclans stole an egg, or something like that. Or a user-controlled egg rot.

Because sometimes, you just want one single name on the offspring list for whatever reason.
Don't forget to ping me @Aryllia to get my attention.
I like the name 'clear nest'

@Ricci

One of the things about the maturity scroll is that I don't think most people use it for normal hatchlings, but as far as I know, that is the ONLY way to remove the Eternal Youth Scroll effect from your dragons, which is one reason we have it.
I like the name 'clear nest'

@Ricci

One of the things about the maturity scroll is that I don't think most people use it for normal hatchlings, but as far as I know, that is the ONLY way to remove the Eternal Youth Scroll effect from your dragons, which is one reason we have it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I think the site does need some feature that allows to discard nests. Maybe not as brutal as smashing and eating them, though - it sounds... harsh. We have a discarded eggs line in our profiles, after all, and it sounds quite neutral :) Maybe they were stolen by beastclans (and we can get them back in coli, hey!) or borrowed by ridgebacks or... whatever, anyone can think of a lore they find suitable.

However, I believe that the option should be available only on the last day of the incubation to prevent abuse (when fodder breeders would discard small nests in favor of throwing another pair in and getting more fodder) and that some item is required for the option to become available to prevent accidental clicking. Nothing expensive, just a "safety option" of a kind. Maybe some easily brewable lvl1 Baldwin anti-boon thingy made from a couple of yellow goops.

Like, on the hatchday you'll see two buttons, "hatch" and "discard" but "discard" would be greyed out unless you brew or buy the item needed for it. I'd love something like that.
I think the site does need some feature that allows to discard nests. Maybe not as brutal as smashing and eating them, though - it sounds... harsh. We have a discarded eggs line in our profiles, after all, and it sounds quite neutral :) Maybe they were stolen by beastclans (and we can get them back in coli, hey!) or borrowed by ridgebacks or... whatever, anyone can think of a lore they find suitable.

However, I believe that the option should be available only on the last day of the incubation to prevent abuse (when fodder breeders would discard small nests in favor of throwing another pair in and getting more fodder) and that some item is required for the option to become available to prevent accidental clicking. Nothing expensive, just a "safety option" of a kind. Maybe some easily brewable lvl1 Baldwin anti-boon thingy made from a couple of yellow goops.

Like, on the hatchday you'll see two buttons, "hatch" and "discard" but "discard" would be greyed out unless you brew or buy the item needed for it. I'd love something like that.
I like it, but I prefer "abandon," "ignore," "fend for themselves," or "give away" FR tries to stay on the lighter side of the dragon mythos. BUT this could tie into the lore.

Where do you think the eggs you find scavenging come from? There would be no increase in egg finds during gathering, but it could be written into the lore that those finds come from abandon nests.
I like it, but I prefer "abandon," "ignore," "fend for themselves," or "give away" FR tries to stay on the lighter side of the dragon mythos. BUT this could tie into the lore.

Where do you think the eggs you find scavenging come from? There would be no increase in egg finds during gathering, but it could be written into the lore that those finds come from abandon nests.
"Exalt eggs"? Send them to your deity to be raised by exalted dragons? Wouldn't affect dom tho.
"Exalt eggs"? Send them to your deity to be raised by exalted dragons? Wouldn't affect dom tho.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
[quote name="Rhea" date=2015-12-01 09:22:30] "Exalt eggs"? Send them to your deity to be raised by exalted dragons? Wouldn't affect dom tho. [/quote] I think I like this option best of all, sending the eggs to the deities to do with as they see fit? so they could 'lose' the eggs near where they feel a deserving clan would find them? (ie a bit of an explanation for abandoned eggs being found)?
Rhea wrote on 2015-12-01:

I think I like this option best of all, sending the eggs to the deities to do with as they see fit? so they could 'lose' the eggs near where they feel a deserving clan would find them? (ie a bit of an explanation for abandoned eggs being found)?

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Whether it be exalting, eating, destroying or whatever term is preferred, I think we could all agree that a "cancel" button for a nest is something that would be useful.
Whether it be exalting, eating, destroying or whatever term is preferred, I think we could all agree that a "cancel" button for a nest is something that would be useful.
If the button could only be activated on the last day it's basically pointless IMO. It should be available the whole time the nest is there.
If the button could only be activated on the last day it's basically pointless IMO. It should be available the whole time the nest is there.
Support! I like my eggs cooked.
Support! I like my eggs cooked.
4MKDoae.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7