Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Exalted (Open)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/185237/18523661_350.png[/img] @SecretSound Neo watched the anxious dragon, sensing fear in his voice. He was waiting for a dragon named Snowdrift. [i]The other dragon in the shadows maybe?[/i] She wondered. Suddenly, a pack of determined-looking dragons burst through the trees and started to slow down as if sensing the presence of other dragons. [i]It's as if they're hunting us,[/i] Neoma thought. If the poor Guardian didn't make a move, and fast, he would be easily spotted. Something deep inside Neo told her that it was time to move, [i]now,[/i] but her small body was frozen in place. She could only watch in fright as the other dragons began to close in on the Guardian.
18523661_350.png
@SecretSound

Neo watched the anxious dragon, sensing fear in his voice. He was waiting for a dragon named Snowdrift. The other dragon in the shadows maybe? She wondered. Suddenly, a pack of determined-looking dragons burst through the trees and started to slow down as if sensing the presence of other dragons. It's as if they're hunting us, Neoma thought. If the poor Guardian didn't make a move, and fast, he would be easily spotted.

Something deep inside Neo told her that it was time to move, now, but her small body was frozen in place. She could only watch in fright as the other dragons began to close in on the Guardian.

@SecretSound @julesthecatt
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=193647&tab=dragon&did=18513180
Wolfram startled at the Guardian's sudden distress, did he lose a friend or something? He sunk his claws into the ground as more dragons burst into the scene with singular intent, looking like hunters. He backed up, only to see a frozen little fae, petrified. He clicked his tongue, if he helped the fae, he would probably be seen by the pack of dragons! Still, his paws hurried toward the fae. He picked her up in his jaws and plopped her on his back, being careful not to put her on his bandages. He risked a look at the dragons and sure enough, there was no way the dragon's or Zeus didn't notice him.
@SecretSound @julesthecatt
Wolfram startled at the Guardian's sudden distress, did he lose a friend or something? He sunk his claws into the ground as more dragons burst into the scene with singular intent, looking like hunters. He backed up, only to see a frozen little fae, petrified. He clicked his tongue, if he helped the fae, he would probably be seen by the pack of dragons! Still, his paws hurried toward the fae. He picked her up in his jaws and plopped her on his back, being careful not to put her on his bandages. He risked a look at the dragons and sure enough, there was no way the dragon's or Zeus didn't notice him.
Dragonelle
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/185237/18523661_350.png?mtime=VlifmQAB9kg.png[/img] @Drakka15 @SecretSound The Guardian's eyes snapped towards Neo as the dragon from the shadows raced straight for her. He was fast, very fast, and before she knew it she was on his back and being whisked away from the Guardian and the hunters. She looked helplessly back at the poor Guardian, and she noticed that he, too, had determination in his eyes, much like the dragon-hunters. Neoma opened her mouth to let out a warning cry, but her jaw went slack as the hunters swarmed over the Guardian. She knew that this dragon would have helped her, had she shown herself to him. When he was out of her sight, Neo realized that there was nothing she could do to help him now. It wasn't until the dragon from the shadows slowed down that Neoma realized he had saved her. [i]The dragon-hunters would have captured me for sure if he hadn't appeared,[/i] she thought to herself. She had so many questions she wanted to ask, but she was still unsure if they were safe or not. The dragon-hunters would surely have seen their escape, and they could be tracking them even now. Neo let out a sigh and decided to let the dragon from the shadows take her wherever he was going.
18523661_350.png?mtime=VlifmQAB9kg.png

@Drakka15 @SecretSound
The Guardian's eyes snapped towards Neo as the dragon from the shadows raced straight for her. He was fast, very fast, and before she knew it she was on his back and being whisked away from the Guardian and the hunters. She looked helplessly back at the poor Guardian, and she noticed that he, too, had determination in his eyes, much like the dragon-hunters. Neoma opened her mouth to let out a warning cry, but her jaw went slack as the hunters swarmed over the Guardian. She knew that this dragon would have helped her, had she shown herself to him. When he was out of her sight, Neo realized that there was nothing she could do to help him now.

It wasn't until the dragon from the shadows slowed down that Neoma realized he had saved her. The dragon-hunters would have captured me for sure if he hadn't appeared, she thought to herself. She had so many questions she wanted to ask, but she was still unsure if they were safe or not. The dragon-hunters would surely have seen their escape, and they could be tracking them even now. Neo let out a sigh and decided to let the dragon from the shadows take her wherever he was going.
@Mapleicious @Chrysocolla [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/185223/18522261_350.png[/img] Barenziah nodded slightly as the patchy spiral decided it was time to embark on their journey to the Sunbeam Ruins. He would watch Calico begin to ascend, observing his rather spastic flight pattern. The ghost of a smile etched its way onto the tundra's visage- he found the erratic patterns rather amusing. Now Barenziah would extend his armored wings, and leap forward with impressive acceleration to gain a running start, while simultaneously flapping his wing until he gradually gained altitude. When this stage was achieved, he would allow his wings to relax, and glide through the air. His armor added density to his form, forcing him to beat his wings more often than those who chose not to wear armor, but it was a necessary burden for the blood-red tundra. When he had finally gained enough altitude, Barenziah would adjust his trajectory and glide towards his comrade- who had accidentally collided with another dragon. The harsh tone spoken towards his comrade by the other dragon was not appreciated by Barenziah, not at all. So, as he passed passed by the grouchy dragon, the tundra leered at them and snarled. It was a quick action and could have easily been missed if one was not paying attention. As soon as the act of aggression came, it passed, and Barenziah sped up to keep pace with his comrades.
@Mapleicious @Chrysocolla

18522261_350.png

Barenziah nodded slightly as the patchy spiral decided it was time to embark on their journey to the Sunbeam Ruins. He would watch Calico begin to ascend, observing his rather spastic flight pattern. The ghost of a smile etched its way onto the tundra's visage- he found the erratic patterns rather amusing.

Now Barenziah would extend his armored wings, and leap forward with impressive acceleration to gain a running start, while simultaneously flapping his wing until he gradually gained altitude. When this stage was achieved, he would allow his wings to relax, and glide through the air. His armor added density to his form, forcing him to beat his wings more often than those who chose not to wear armor, but it was a necessary burden for the blood-red tundra.

When he had finally gained enough altitude, Barenziah would adjust his trajectory and glide towards his comrade- who had accidentally collided with another dragon. The harsh tone spoken towards his comrade by the other dragon was not appreciated by Barenziah, not at all. So, as he passed passed by the grouchy dragon, the tundra leered at them and snarled. It was a quick action and could have easily been missed if one was not paying attention. As soon as the act of aggression came, it passed, and Barenziah sped up to keep pace with his comrades.
tumblr_inline_njviz9jZLy1qg2i5p.png
@Julesthecatt @SecretSound

Wolfram kept his head down as he crept away, all too aware of the footsteps of dragons. He gasped as he spotted a leering Wildclaw, diving into thick brush. He stayed low, hiding the fae on his back as he wrapped some shadows around his hiding place. The dragons were dangerously close, he flexed his paws, ready to fight or fly.
@Julesthecatt @SecretSound

Wolfram kept his head down as he crept away, all too aware of the footsteps of dragons. He gasped as he spotted a leering Wildclaw, diving into thick brush. He stayed low, hiding the fae on his back as he wrapped some shadows around his hiding place. The dragons were dangerously close, he flexed his paws, ready to fight or fly.
Dragonelle
@Drakka15

Neoma sensed that something was wrong when the dragon shifted to hide her from view. "What...is...it?" She whispered into his ear, torn between staying out of sight and taking a look at the sudden danger.
@Drakka15

Neoma sensed that something was wrong when the dragon shifted to hide her from view. "What...is...it?" She whispered into his ear, torn between staying out of sight and taking a look at the sudden danger.
@Thewarywatcher13 @SecretSound [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18270495] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/182705/18270495_350.png[/img] [/url] Chancellor finally peeked out of the thick brambles. He'd heard everything, but had wanted to wait to show himself once more. he approached the Spiral once more, looking around to make sure there was no more danger. [b]"What do you think?"[/b] He said quietly. [b]"Should we continue on? I mean, that would definitely be the best course of action if we want to stay safe, but Snowdrift did get trapped like that because of us..."[/b] He scratched at his ear nervously. If something were to happen to the Snapper he would feel awful for not at least trying to help. [b]"My name is Chancellor, by the way. Sorry for not introducing myself sooner." [/b]
@Thewarywatcher13 @SecretSound

18270495_350.png

Chancellor finally peeked out of the thick brambles. He'd heard everything, but had wanted to wait to show himself once more. he approached the Spiral once more, looking around to make sure there was no more danger.
"What do you think?" He said quietly. "Should we continue on? I mean, that would definitely be the best course of action if we want to stay safe, but Snowdrift did get trapped like that because of us..." He scratched at his ear nervously. If something were to happen to the Snapper he would feel awful for not at least trying to help.
"My name is Chancellor, by the way. Sorry for not introducing myself sooner."
tsTHIqV.png
@IceMom @Chrysocolla [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16931431] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/169315/16931431_350.png[/img] [/url] Triton was the last to follow, bringing up the rear of their little trio. He kept his gaze mostly to the ground, scanning for any potential deserters. [b]"We should stay away from paths."[/b] He called tot he other two.[b] "I doubt these escapees would be dense enough to wander the open trails." [/b] He tried to scan the mental map of his homeland. He grew up running around the Sunbeam Ruins, finding all it's artifacts and hiding places. He knew just the place to start their search. [b]"We should search The Hewn City first. If a dragon wanted to hide in the Sunbeam Ruins that is the first place they would think to go. There may also be caverns in the rocks by the river that cuts the city in half. If we can find one it may be our best bet at finding any traitors in the Sunbeam Ruins."[/b]
@IceMom @Chrysocolla

16931431_350.png

Triton was the last to follow, bringing up the rear of their little trio. He kept his gaze mostly to the ground, scanning for any potential deserters.
"We should stay away from paths." He called tot he other two. "I doubt these escapees would be dense enough to wander the open trails."

He tried to scan the mental map of his homeland. He grew up running around the Sunbeam Ruins, finding all it's artifacts and hiding places. He knew just the place to start their search.
"We should search The Hewn City first. If a dragon wanted to hide in the Sunbeam Ruins that is the first place they would think to go. There may also be caverns in the rocks by the river that cuts the city in half. If we can find one it may be our best bet at finding any traitors in the Sunbeam Ruins."
tsTHIqV.png
@SecretSound [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18554430] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/185545/18554430_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]"Of course!"[/b] Halfpint responded eagerly, excited to be able to contribute in some way. [b]"When would I start? Is there any specific place I'd look?"[/b] Halfpint inquired. [b]"My name is Halfpint by the way, you're Nidhogg right?[/b] She said, realizing how odd her name was. She was actually becoming quite large, and was only continuing to grow.
@SecretSound

18554430_350.png

"Of course!" Halfpint responded eagerly, excited to be able to contribute in some way. "When would I start? Is there any specific place I'd look?" Halfpint inquired. "My name is Halfpint by the way, you're Nidhogg right? She said, realizing how odd her name was. She was actually becoming quite large, and was only continuing to grow.
@SecretSound (Ah, thanks. I wasn't intending to put that portion of Hipp's abilities to too much use, since I can hardly make up what Hipp knows about other characters, and she doesn't like being invasive in any case. I appreciate any information other players give me, all the same))
@Mapleicious

Hippocampus twitched at Zeus's choice of words throughout his explanation. Self-Preservation? Not every dragon would be set to gratifying work, that Hipp could already understand. But they were the deities' children, for Tidelord's sake! Whatever the guardian said, she refused to believe that any misfortune that fell upon exalted dragons was the deity's fault.
Nevertheless, she couldn't deny a dragon's wish to be their own self. Tidelord knows how long she had fought to keep her own thoughts in her head when she could so easily be drawn into someone else's; her struggle to stay in the same language spoke wonders on that. One ear flickered when he mentioned Apocalypse, as she'd already fished the name from Zeus's head.

She watched the guardian leave, her head swimming in the information she'd received, and hungering for more. Usually when she saw into a dragon's past she saw the most prominent pieces of their memory; what they remembered the clearest. This unfortunately meant that she tended to be plagued by their worst, bloodiest memories, but also the faces of the dragons that meant the most to them. In this Zeus had been lacking in the few glimpses she had received; and while the drake's concern for Snowdrift was heavy on her, she knew this was not the feelings of a dragon who knew love.

She didn't know what to make of this dragon, but she trusted that his words were honest ones. If all the hunters was like Apocalypse, then at least she knew whose side she was on. They were just like her clanmates, trying to take it into their hands to decide where another dragon belonged.

Hipp suddenly started out of her trance, realizing that the nocturne had been talking to her.

"I go by Hippocampus, mi amigo, when I chose to go by name. Don't trouble yourself over it, names aren't meant to be said in a rush." She trilled softly, turning her gaze back to the sky. "Our star shan't rise for another hour, so we have time yet. Time to find Snowdrift; time to lock horns with fellow hunters..." The spiral's accent thickened, trailing away into that chattering tongue of hers.
@SecretSound (Ah, thanks. I wasn't intending to put that portion of Hipp's abilities to too much use, since I can hardly make up what Hipp knows about other characters, and she doesn't like being invasive in any case. I appreciate any information other players give me, all the same))
@Mapleicious

Hippocampus twitched at Zeus's choice of words throughout his explanation. Self-Preservation? Not every dragon would be set to gratifying work, that Hipp could already understand. But they were the deities' children, for Tidelord's sake! Whatever the guardian said, she refused to believe that any misfortune that fell upon exalted dragons was the deity's fault.
Nevertheless, she couldn't deny a dragon's wish to be their own self. Tidelord knows how long she had fought to keep her own thoughts in her head when she could so easily be drawn into someone else's; her struggle to stay in the same language spoke wonders on that. One ear flickered when he mentioned Apocalypse, as she'd already fished the name from Zeus's head.

She watched the guardian leave, her head swimming in the information she'd received, and hungering for more. Usually when she saw into a dragon's past she saw the most prominent pieces of their memory; what they remembered the clearest. This unfortunately meant that she tended to be plagued by their worst, bloodiest memories, but also the faces of the dragons that meant the most to them. In this Zeus had been lacking in the few glimpses she had received; and while the drake's concern for Snowdrift was heavy on her, she knew this was not the feelings of a dragon who knew love.

She didn't know what to make of this dragon, but she trusted that his words were honest ones. If all the hunters was like Apocalypse, then at least she knew whose side she was on. They were just like her clanmates, trying to take it into their hands to decide where another dragon belonged.

Hipp suddenly started out of her trance, realizing that the nocturne had been talking to her.

"I go by Hippocampus, mi amigo, when I chose to go by name. Don't trouble yourself over it, names aren't meant to be said in a rush." She trilled softly, turning her gaze back to the sky. "Our star shan't rise for another hour, so we have time yet. Time to find Snowdrift; time to lock horns with fellow hunters..." The spiral's accent thickened, trailing away into that chattering tongue of hers.
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8