Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Faire / Coliseum not loading!
1 2 ... 527 528 529 530 531 ... 535 536
A small note regarding Trend Micro's interaction with the Fairgrounds and Coliseum:

While all the things that used to be blocked still are: Runestones, Jigsaw, Tidal Trouble, Coliseum and Shock Switch, the block manifesting as a sudden freeze and disconnect some time into play (a minute or two or so), the new game, Artifracture, is completely unaffected and works without a single hitch.

I figured that maybe, just maybe, this may help finding the problem.

After all, many of us can't just stop using the antivirus they've paid for because of weird issues it has with this website in particular, and turning off our entire virus protection to play is an imperfect and ultimately dangerous solution. We'd be immensely grateful if whatever's causing this is found and eradicated. :)
A small note regarding Trend Micro's interaction with the Fairgrounds and Coliseum:

While all the things that used to be blocked still are: Runestones, Jigsaw, Tidal Trouble, Coliseum and Shock Switch, the block manifesting as a sudden freeze and disconnect some time into play (a minute or two or so), the new game, Artifracture, is completely unaffected and works without a single hitch.

I figured that maybe, just maybe, this may help finding the problem.

After all, many of us can't just stop using the antivirus they've paid for because of weird issues it has with this website in particular, and turning off our entire virus protection to play is an imperfect and ultimately dangerous solution. We'd be immensely grateful if whatever's causing this is found and eradicated. :)
DQ9DP8W.png
So I've been having an issue recently where I can't get the Fairground games to work unless I play them in safe mode (they load, but nothing shows up), and the Coli just refuses to load entirely. As far as I know, I don't have Trend Micro on my computer, and my websockets aren't blocked. Are there any other possible reasons this could be happening?
So I've been having an issue recently where I can't get the Fairground games to work unless I play them in safe mode (they load, but nothing shows up), and the Coli just refuses to load entirely. As far as I know, I don't have Trend Micro on my computer, and my websockets aren't blocked. Are there any other possible reasons this could be happening?
I am having this problem as well. The page loads and I can hear the music but nothing shows up. It was working fine just a couple hours ago. I don't have Trend Micro and websockets isn't blocked. I have no clue as to why it would be doing this.
I am having this problem as well. The page loads and I can hear the music but nothing shows up. It was working fine just a couple hours ago. I don't have Trend Micro and websockets isn't blocked. I have no clue as to why it would be doing this.
X6Uoodf.png
xey/xem/xyr, fae/faen/faer, or they/them/their - FR+3
Hey folks -- I'm not sure how many folks are like me, stuck in rural North America and relying on satellite internet like HughesNet to connect to the web. But if there ARE any folks here who are on HughesNet and are facing this problem, I have a solution for you!

Oftentimes I'll get the Coliseum loaded, or a Faire game, only to have it lose connection within a minute or two. If you have this problem too, go to your Hughesnet settings. On the Advanced Menu, click Web Acceleration, then Control.

There's a checkbox there that says "Enable Web Acceleration." If that's checked, uncheck it. I don't know why, but HughesNet's Web Acceleration causes loads of problems with websites and applications that require a steady connection. If you're having problems, try disabling Web Acceleration first!

Granted, it doesn't help much with lag issues, but it at least makes it so things are playable.

(Protip; try playing games that don't check with the server every move to reduce lag. Jigsaw and Shock Switch are the only two I've found thus far that don't suffer terribly from lag... just trigger the screen-clearing in Shock Switch a few seconds early, or trigger it then pause until you see the number appear.)
Hey folks -- I'm not sure how many folks are like me, stuck in rural North America and relying on satellite internet like HughesNet to connect to the web. But if there ARE any folks here who are on HughesNet and are facing this problem, I have a solution for you!

Oftentimes I'll get the Coliseum loaded, or a Faire game, only to have it lose connection within a minute or two. If you have this problem too, go to your Hughesnet settings. On the Advanced Menu, click Web Acceleration, then Control.

There's a checkbox there that says "Enable Web Acceleration." If that's checked, uncheck it. I don't know why, but HughesNet's Web Acceleration causes loads of problems with websites and applications that require a steady connection. If you're having problems, try disabling Web Acceleration first!

Granted, it doesn't help much with lag issues, but it at least makes it so things are playable.

(Protip; try playing games that don't check with the server every move to reduce lag. Jigsaw and Shock Switch are the only two I've found thus far that don't suffer terribly from lag... just trigger the screen-clearing in Shock Switch a few seconds early, or trigger it then pause until you see the number appear.)
~Tumblr - Twitter - DA - FA - Weasyl~
The coliseum and fairgrounds won't work for me. I just joined yesterday and have tried it on all different browsers. The coliseum shows the loading bar but it doesnt fill up at all, fairground games load but end up at a white screen. The only game that loads is Artifracture.

I don't have Trend Micro and I'm playing from my laptop.
The coliseum and fairgrounds won't work for me. I just joined yesterday and have tried it on all different browsers. The coliseum shows the loading bar but it doesnt fill up at all, fairground games load but end up at a white screen. The only game that loads is Artifracture.

I don't have Trend Micro and I'm playing from my laptop.
My coliseum is doing the same thing as aluraa's and has been for several days on my home laptop (the coli would often not load but the alternate link worked just fine for me previously). The fairground games are all loading and running just fine for me.

I'm on chrome, I've erased my cache data, I've used the alternate link, I've tried switching to the alternate socket thing, and then back again. the coli won't load up at all for me, just shows the loading bar which doesn't fill up.

It works just fine on my computer at work which also uses chrome. My anti-virus software is avg, if that makes any difference. Anybody have any suggestions?
My coliseum is doing the same thing as aluraa's and has been for several days on my home laptop (the coli would often not load but the alternate link worked just fine for me previously). The fairground games are all loading and running just fine for me.

I'm on chrome, I've erased my cache data, I've used the alternate link, I've tried switching to the alternate socket thing, and then back again. the coli won't load up at all for me, just shows the loading bar which doesn't fill up.

It works just fine on my computer at work which also uses chrome. My anti-virus software is avg, if that makes any difference. Anybody have any suggestions?
plague_flight_banner_by_dinocyanide-d8tx18y.png
I keep having issues in the coliseum and fair games except for artifracture. If I'm lucky I can beat one monster before I get the Connection failed message. I've tried to toggle the setting like it said, that didn't work. Websockets seem to work for me, my internet connection is fine and nothing is blocked so I'm not sure why this issue still continues.
I keep having issues in the coliseum and fair games except for artifracture. If I'm lucky I can beat one monster before I get the Connection failed message. I've tried to toggle the setting like it said, that didn't work. Websockets seem to work for me, my internet connection is fine and nothing is blocked so I'm not sure why this issue still continues.
@klinej

I've had the same problem as well. Reloading the Colosseum page like 15 times would get it to open, but it was still a pain in the bottom.

However, your mention of using AVG gave me an idea as I too use it. Turns out AVG's Online Shield meddles with Coliseum's ability to load. Fixing it is super-easy; just put the URL of the Coliseum page in Online Shield's exception list.

Good luck! Hope this trick helps.
@klinej

I've had the same problem as well. Reloading the Colosseum page like 15 times would get it to open, but it was still a pain in the bottom.

However, your mention of using AVG gave me an idea as I too use it. Turns out AVG's Online Shield meddles with Coliseum's ability to load. Fixing it is super-easy; just put the URL of the Coliseum page in Online Shield's exception list.

Good luck! Hope this trick helps.
The Coliseum is just being horribly laggy for me tonight. I assume it's either because of the new image generators or the increased traffic from both the festival and the new players. (Though there are fewer people on at this hour, and it still lags horribly.)

I use Opera on a laptop.
The Coliseum is just being horribly laggy for me tonight. I assume it's either because of the new image generators or the increased traffic from both the festival and the new players. (Though there are fewer people on at this hour, and it still lags horribly.)

I use Opera on a laptop.
im having an issue where the coli keeps freezing on my second physical attack. and it doesn't unfreeze if i wait, or reload.
im having an issue where the coli keeps freezing on my second physical attack. and it doesn't unfreeze if i wait, or reload.
5c513b2952.png
1 2 ... 527 528 529 530 531 ... 535 536